Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wingers 23:41 - Aug 30 with 4482 viewssketty_jack

With deadline day looming, is everyone confident that our wide players are adequate? With the paper talk earlier in the summer about certain wingers being on our radar i thought that yeah we could do with some added quality there cos they were a bit hit or miss last season (especially dyer) and lamah barely had a look in (strangest loan ever?). But then it all went quiet with our other signings and now we're seeing poz playing out wide and, early days i know, but he's not not a natural in that position imo.
Wingers on 23:57 - Aug 30 with 4427 viewsJokeren1943

Pablo and Routledge and Dyer were fine last season. What we needed was a good striker. Now he have a quality striker (Bony) and yet another quality wing (central attacking midfielder) Pozuelo. I can<t see what the problem is.

What Pablo and Routledge need is some match practices and they will be quality. They showed it though 50 matchs last season. And they will show it this season.

[Post edited 31 Aug 2013 9:06]
Wingers on 01:02 - Aug 31 with 4363 viewscore

Lamah: Hard to judge with the limited playtime made available to him.

Dyer: Very pacy player who's good at taking on defenders, but his passing and vision is somewhat lacking.

Routledge: Thrives when space is available but often suffers when space is tight.

Hernandez: A bit inconsistent and not always the best long balls. Incredible technique and linkup play when supported, but suffers when left on his own.

Pozuelo: Still early days but seems very complete in his play. Is currently to bad at keeping his position when used as a winger.

I find, that the biggest issue is that the team has lost a bit of confidence after the Man U game. Now there is way too much insecurity and focus on defensive posture on the team. We don't really have a Ronaldo or Bale etc. The wingers we have at our disposal are very dependent on the support from a midfield who dare to play football.

Whether we need new wingers or not depends on our willingness to play football.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2013 12:28]
Wingers on 10:49 - Aug 31 with 4196 viewsPureRockFury

I'd be disappointed if we got rid of Lamah - unless he's agitating to go or we have a similar replacement lined-up. His biggest problem is that Laudrup never picks him, I don't think he's performed too badly in his brief appearances.

He offers something different to all our other wide players - namely physical presence and power. I think he should be used more as a sub in games - Defenders can get used to a rotation of the small and nimble Dyer/Pablo/Routs/Pozuelo 'ball-players', but for them to suddenly have a big lanky guy who wants to knock the ball past you and charge at the defence would shake things up a bit. I'd like to see a bit more of him before getting rid.

Even the bad times were good.

Wingers on 11:08 - Aug 31 with 4163 viewsyescomeon

Wingers on 10:49 - Aug 31 by PureRockFury

I'd be disappointed if we got rid of Lamah - unless he's agitating to go or we have a similar replacement lined-up. His biggest problem is that Laudrup never picks him, I don't think he's performed too badly in his brief appearances.

He offers something different to all our other wide players - namely physical presence and power. I think he should be used more as a sub in games - Defenders can get used to a rotation of the small and nimble Dyer/Pablo/Routs/Pozuelo 'ball-players', but for them to suddenly have a big lanky guy who wants to knock the ball past you and charge at the defence would shake things up a bit. I'd like to see a bit more of him before getting rid.

Wholeheartedly agree, I like what I've seen of Lamah, which unfortunately, is not enough.

Upthecity!

Wingers on 11:09 - Aug 31 with 4160 viewswr72

I'd start him ahead of Dyer all season long.
Wingers on 14:14 - Aug 31 with 4039 viewsSwanfan1

they are not good enough, we need one more wide player,
If I were the manager I would have asked for a loan for Victor Moses,
but im not, and we wont get any players in before the window closes...

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Wingers on 15:00 - Aug 31 with 3976 viewsRamblinJack

I believe we are fine with the four wingers in Lamah, Routs', Dyer and Pablo considering our budget and expectations. They are all more or less talented and showed last season they are more than capable.

Would be nice to get someone really good on loan like Moses but I'll much rather we get a striker to alternate with Bony.
Wingers on 16:43 - Aug 31 with 3912 viewsSkipTheJack

Looks like we've missed out on a really good player with Nathan Redmond. Not many British players around with that quality for that price.
Login to get fewer ads

Wingers on 16:48 - Aug 31 with 3905 viewsmawdlamjack

moses and lukaku on loan n we'll be more than well sorted mun

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024