Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zarate on loan from WHU 13:45 - Dec 28 with 13220 viewsWeaverQPR

Is a rumour going round

@WeavQPR

Zarate on loan from WHU on 13:54 - Dec 28 with 6016 viewsDiscodroids

mmmm. small and mobile got 84 goals in 281 games, although only 14 in 90 in italy.

will undertake opinions from my west ham spies , currently working deep undercover in the east ham working mans club drinking skol.

hold tight for feedback..dont touch that dial.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2014 13:59]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Zarate on loan from WHU on 14:46 - Dec 28 with 5838 viewsrsonist

http://www.worldsoccer.com/blogs/mauro-zarate-good-thinks

A gamble to say the least. The boy can't half play if he fancies it though. Loan for a half-Chilean nutter has got to be better than Defoe/Keane surely?
Zarate on loan from WHU on 19:31 - Dec 28 with 5549 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Zarate on loan from WHU on 14:46 - Dec 28 by rsonist

http://www.worldsoccer.com/blogs/mauro-zarate-good-thinks

A gamble to say the least. The boy can't half play if he fancies it though. Loan for a half-Chilean nutter has got to be better than Defoe/Keane surely?

Sounds abouts right for us and HR does love a rogue!
Zarate on loan from WHU on 19:40 - Dec 28 with 5517 viewsbosh67

I would rather see us go after Dwight Gayle.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Zarate on loan from WHU on 19:50 - Dec 28 with 5470 viewsEalingRanger

Well he won't be worse than our last loan from the Hammers, that's for sure.
Zarate on loan from WHU on 20:04 - Dec 28 with 5427 viewsHollowayRanger

Zarate on loan from WHU on 19:50 - Dec 28 by EalingRanger

Well he won't be worse than our last loan from the Hammers, that's for sure.

which one?

have we ever got a decent hammer off them

ludo breaker roland lomas Morrison and that other waste of space who I have already removed from my memory

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Zarate on loan from WHU on 20:21 - Dec 28 with 5381 viewsEalingRanger

Zarate on loan from WHU on 20:04 - Dec 28 by HollowayRanger

which one?

have we ever got a decent hammer off them

ludo breaker roland lomas Morrison and that other waste of space who I have already removed from my memory

Maiga
Zarate on loan from WHU on 12:36 - Dec 29 with 5081 viewsaston_hoop

Having a medical ahead of the movie apparently
http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-west-ham-striker-set-for-qpr-med

A decent option upfront given some of the other names mentioned - Defoe, Keane, Yakubu (bloody Yakubu!!). Still crying out for a new Bobby Z though.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Zarate on loan from WHU on 12:46 - Dec 29 with 5018 viewsEssex_Ranger

He certainly is a decent player, and we do lack strength in depth up front but what is the point in signing a player pretty much the same as Vargas when we don't utilise him or play the system that fits his strengths as it is.

We need a younger version of Zamora, a target man.
Zarate on loan from WHU on 12:49 - Dec 29 with 4996 viewsdaveB

Zarate on loan from WHU on 19:40 - Dec 28 by bosh67

I would rather see us go after Dwight Gayle.

So would I but Palace are not going to loan him to us and it looks unlikely we are going to spend money in january
Zarate on loan from WHU on 13:00 - Dec 29 with 4953 viewsTheBlob

Hell,why not.We've got more than a smattering of Spanish speakers now,another up tempo player from the South American school of hard knocks.Make the tableau complete by signing a midfielder from that part of the world - Diaz from Chile via Basel would fit the bill.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Zarate on loan from WHU on 13:00 - Dec 29 with 4955 viewsDANRANGER

Zarate on loan from WHU on 12:46 - Dec 29 by Essex_Ranger

He certainly is a decent player, and we do lack strength in depth up front but what is the point in signing a player pretty much the same as Vargas when we don't utilise him or play the system that fits his strengths as it is.

I agree, decent player but we already have Fer and Vargas that can play behind Austin in a system that we hardly use and when we have it doesn't work. We have to keep it simple and 4-4-2 at home has proven successful with a Zamora type striker. Zarate will have to play out of position or play off Zamora instead of Austin which simply isn't going to happen.

He is similar to Vargas and is even less likely to track back so if played wide then I hope Henry is having new limbs fitted in January as he's gonna need them!

Zamora appears to be the key to this and clearly we cannot rely on him so if harry follows his usual format then it has to be Crouch. He still has a couple of decent years in him but not sure on finances required to make it happen. This isn't my ideal signing but based on our short termism and our manager it would make sense.
Zarate on loan from WHU on 13:03 - Dec 29 with 4941 viewskingo

Zarate on loan from WHU on 12:36 - Dec 29 by aston_hoop

Having a medical ahead of the movie apparently
http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-west-ham-striker-set-for-qpr-med

A decent option upfront given some of the other names mentioned - Defoe, Keane, Yakubu (bloody Yakubu!!). Still crying out for a new Bobby Z though.

The boy Gestede from Blackburn could fill that role. Big and powerful with a bit of skill and scores a few goals too.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Zarate on loan from WHU on 13:04 - Dec 29 with 4925 views100percent

Zarate on loan from WHU on 13:03 - Dec 29 by kingo

The boy Gestede from Blackburn could fill that role. Big and powerful with a bit of skill and scores a few goals too.

he's the one I would go for too..... doubt whether Blackburn would be in the slightest bit interested in losing him though.....
Zarate on loan from WHU on 13:10 - Dec 29 with 4907 viewsBlue_Castello

Zarate on loan from WHU on 12:46 - Dec 29 by Essex_Ranger

That's probably the big question for the transfer window, do we get players who can maintain the current style of football, which on yesterday's performance is hoofball and dire, or do we go for quicker faster options and try to play on the ground.

Personally I think yesterday's hoofball tactics will see us relegated, we have played far better this season at home where we have employed varied tactics and not stuck to the one option of lump it forward and hope.

God help us if Hoddle is currently masterminding the tactics because the rest of the brains trust which masquerade as a coaching team seem clueless.

If we get some different options up front we can vary the game plan and surely what's missing most from our lethargic midfield / attack is some genuine pace where they don't just run into the brick wall of a defence as Fer and Hoilletts speciality.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2014 13:14]
Zarate on loan from WHU on 13:43 - Dec 29 with 4822 viewsTheBlob

Zarate on loan from WHU on 13:00 - Dec 29 by DANRANGER

I agree, decent player but we already have Fer and Vargas that can play behind Austin in a system that we hardly use and when we have it doesn't work. We have to keep it simple and 4-4-2 at home has proven successful with a Zamora type striker. Zarate will have to play out of position or play off Zamora instead of Austin which simply isn't going to happen.

He is similar to Vargas and is even less likely to track back so if played wide then I hope Henry is having new limbs fitted in January as he's gonna need them!

Zamora appears to be the key to this and clearly we cannot rely on him so if harry follows his usual format then it has to be Crouch. He still has a couple of decent years in him but not sure on finances required to make it happen. This isn't my ideal signing but based on our short termism and our manager it would make sense.

Vargas tracks back very well.Zarate mainly plays on the left cutting in,very similar to what Adel used to do.Again I keep wondering why the obsession with a Zamora type player in the belief that "it's done all right for us before".Variation is the key,you stick to one tactic and it's very much a case of you cut the head off and the body dies.We're light don the left,we're okay on the right with Isla and Vargas.Fer doesn't fit the bill,and we need another attacking LB while Suk-young is incapacitated.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Zarate on loan from WHU on 14:19 - Dec 29 with 4723 viewsQPR_ARG

I created another thread (I'm sorry, haven't seen this before, though my post is more on his off-the-pitch profile rather than him as a player).

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/134282/zarate-in-t

As a player? I don't think he's the kind of player we need right now. Greedy on the ball. Hot and cold. Takes terrible decisions on the ball. Obviously, he is talented. But he's not the kind of player I'd like QPR to sign in the position we're in (or in any position, to be honest).

I hope this deal doesn't happen. I hate disliking people associated with QPR. It happens a lot these last few years. Redknapp, SWP, Barton, Rio, Traoré, Bosingwa, Hughes, Mbia, Samba...dear me! That's a long list.

Stop it, QPR. Be likeable again. Stop bringing in these kind of "right sorts", FFS!
Zarate on loan from WHU on 14:21 - Dec 29 with 4712 viewsNorthernr

Whatever the pros and cons of him as a player and a person, is he not another number ten like Fer, Mutch and Kranjcar who are all being forced to play out of position on the wing?
Zarate on loan from WHU on 14:31 - Dec 29 with 4655 viewsTacticalR

Zarate on loan from WHU on 14:19 - Dec 29 by QPR_ARG

I created another thread (I'm sorry, haven't seen this before, though my post is more on his off-the-pitch profile rather than him as a player).

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/134282/zarate-in-t

As a player? I don't think he's the kind of player we need right now. Greedy on the ball. Hot and cold. Takes terrible decisions on the ball. Obviously, he is talented. But he's not the kind of player I'd like QPR to sign in the position we're in (or in any position, to be honest).

I hope this deal doesn't happen. I hate disliking people associated with QPR. It happens a lot these last few years. Redknapp, SWP, Barton, Rio, Traoré, Bosingwa, Hughes, Mbia, Samba...dear me! That's a long list.

Stop it, QPR. Be likeable again. Stop bringing in these kind of "right sorts", FFS!

Sounds like the last thing we need.

What does it even mean to be talented if you can't make good decisions on the ball? In my eyes that's not football. I'm sick of that kind of player.

Air hostess clique

Zarate on loan from WHU on 14:31 - Dec 29 with 4651 viewsQPR_ARG

Zarate on loan from WHU on 14:21 - Dec 29 by Northernr

Whatever the pros and cons of him as a player and a person, is he not another number ten like Fer, Mutch and Kranjcar who are all being forced to play out of position on the wing?

I see him more as a second striker. Or a first striker (in his eyes). But this looks a lot like what's happening with Vargas, rather than the 3 you mentioned, Clive.

Vargas has always played in a very similar role to Zarate. But now he's being used as a right midfielder. Criminally out of position.

If Harry is not reverting to a 4-3-3 with Vargas and Zarate joining Austin, then there's no point in signing Zarate. There's no point at all, regardless of tactical systems, in my opinion.

But a friend of mine who supports Velez Sarsfield (Zarate's club in Argentina) just tweeted me: "I give him 2 weeks before he fights with Redknapp".

I said: "Why so much time?"

He went: "Because maybe at the beginning he'll play".

Zarate would HATE it if he was picked to play in midfield.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2014 14:33]
Zarate on loan from WHU on 14:37 - Dec 29 with 4615 viewsRANGERS4EVER

So all in all it sounds like a pretty pointless signing

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Zarate on loan from WHU on 15:29 - Dec 29 with 4537 viewsellersliehoop

It's about time we started playing with a number 10, the idea that Zamora is the answer to our problems is wide of the mark
Zarate on loan from WHU on 15:48 - Dec 29 with 4478 viewsQPR_ARG

Zarate on loan from WHU on 15:29 - Dec 29 by ellersliehoop

It's about time we started playing with a number 10, the idea that Zamora is the answer to our problems is wide of the mark

But Zarate is not a number 10. He only wears that number, but he doesn't play as a playmaker. He's not.

Taarabt is a lot more a number 10 than Zarate and/or Vargas (and Fer, Mutch, Niko, Barton, Henry, Hoilett, SWP, Phillips and so on...)
Zarate on loan from WHU on 15:49 - Dec 29 with 4471 viewsTopCat34

Liked the look of him early in the season, don't know what's gone wrong but the lads possibly got a bit of baggage. If we're wanting somebody with a point to prove, we could probably do a lot worse. Morrison made a difference when he came here last season, no reason Zarate can't do the same.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2014 15:50]
Zarate on loan from WHU on 16:40 - Dec 29 with 4396 viewskingo

As Blob said, variation is the key. On paper, Zarate means that we can play two holding midfielders, with Fer in the hole and Charlie up top with Vargas and Zarate supporting him. He tries this with Hoilett but his shooting is terrible. Plus if he puts him out wide he can't cross. I think Zarate offers a better option for that system. We also need pace ot wide if we want the option to change to 442.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024