Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yun 11:55 - Jan 4 with 7796 viewsGetMeRangers

Does anyone know what has happened to him since a great cameo at Derby?
Yun on 12:03 - Jan 4 with 6134 viewsadhoc_qpr

He is a mystery, i have no idea why he doesn't get more game time?

Konch is doing a solid job, but having a fullback who can actually attack at pace and force the oppo to defend against him would really be a new dimension for our pedestrian team.

I'd like to see Yun get a decent run in the team so we can make a judgement on whether he will ever be our first choice left back.

Also we'll hopefully have Jack Robinson coming back to fitness towards the end of the season - so it would be good to know where Yun is prior to that.
Yun on 12:06 - Jan 4 with 6115 viewsNorthernr

Another one who successive managers have decided isn't good enough to start, contrary to everything the supporters see when they do. We've got a few like that.
Yun on 12:07 - Jan 4 with 6101 viewsTacticalR

This was my (completely unfounded) speculation about Yun after reading Clive's recent 'known unknowns' article...

'I can't help suspecting that a lot of the managerial decisions are based on getting through the immediate future and not worrying too much about anything beyond that. To take the example of Yun Suk-Young...in theory he is the better prospect, and certainly the longer-term prospect, but my guess is that, as there is not much to choose between YSY and Konchesky at the moment, and since Konchesky has come in and done the job, all the managers have stuck with him.''
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/41526/known-unknown

To put it another way...since so many things in the team aren't working (e.g. pulling players out of CB to play RB) I guess managers are reluctant to change one part of the team that is working.

Air hostess clique

Yun on 12:08 - Jan 4 with 6092 viewssimmo

Not as famous or successful as Konchesky.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Yun on 12:11 - Jan 4 with 6065 viewswhittocksRs

JFH so far seems to be similar to Hughes, Redknapp and Ramsey; very keen on big names, preferring experience over performance. Worrying.
Yun on 12:13 - Jan 4 with 6050 viewsTacticalR

Yun on 12:08 - Jan 4 by simmo

Not as famous or successful as Konchesky.

That's not that famous or successful is it?

Air hostess clique

Yun on 12:13 - Jan 4 with 6042 viewsNorthernr

Yun on 12:11 - Jan 4 by whittocksRs

JFH so far seems to be similar to Hughes, Redknapp and Ramsey; very keen on big names, preferring experience over performance. Worrying.

It's probably because they all fear for their jobs, so they play safe with experienced players. Ferdinand basically said as much in an interview a few months ago "I bought experienced players to play in the back four". QPR do it time and again, go for the bigger name, the more experienced player.
Yun on 12:15 - Jan 4 with 6034 viewssimmo

Yun on 12:11 - Jan 4 by whittocksRs

It's not his mandate, it's the owners. They don't want the same QPR that I do, despite what their PR says.

Login to get fewer ads

Yun on 12:18 - Jan 4 with 6011 viewsActonOccident

His contract is up and I'd be amazed if he wanted to stay after yet another season of being frozen out by a Premier League loanee in the Championship.

As per the gospel according to Warnock, TF was keen on signing Korean players early in his reign at QPR and if I recall correctly in his book he mentions that he even went with Neil on a scouting trip to the UAE to look at one, all long before Park arrived obviously.

God knows who brought Yun in and under what circumstances. To me it looked like we might have stumbled upon a competent gem with good legs at a good age. Redknapp obviously thought otherwise for a long time. Who knows what Ramsey/Les/Warnock/JFH have made of him this season? They can't think that highly of him if they think - at this stage - it's more worthwhile to roll out a 34 year old loanee every week.

Kim Bo-Kyung at Wigan found himself in employment visa limbo when he tried to sign on for Blackburn when his contract ran out. I can see the same thing happening with Yun.
Yun on 12:21 - Jan 4 with 5991 viewsconnell10

Not a name player, it's the rangers way, you only get picked on your name.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Yun on 12:22 - Jan 4 with 5990 viewswhittocksRs

Yun on 12:15 - Jan 4 by simmo

It's not his mandate, it's the owners. They don't want the same QPR that I do, despite what their PR says.

Would be interesting to know what sort of soft pressure Fernandes and the Tune lot put on managers to play big name players.
Yun on 12:28 - Jan 4 with 5961 viewsNW10Hoop

Yun on 12:06 - Jan 4 by Northernr

Another one who successive managers have decided isn't good enough to start, contrary to everything the supporters see when they do. We've got a few like that.

It's so odd. There are many in the squad that I think should be in the first team, and not (even though it's a very important reason) just because they are ones for the future, but because they could be doing an as good or better job RIGHT NOW.

Yun > Konchesky (although he's generally been ok)
Luongo > Henry or Sandro (I'm not a Henry basher but his form at the beginning of the season didn't warrant keeping his place)
Chery > Fer (Fer has looked lifeless)
Smithies > Green (I love Green but he is horribly out of form. If you're not gonna drop him now, then when?)

I'd also rather keep Ned at CB - Get the preferred partnership playing together as often as possible and deal with the right back problem using another player - possibly Henry for now.

And even though Hoilett is finally playing well, I can't imagine he'll be offered another contract with us, so why not at least rotate him with Gladwin?
Yun on 12:41 - Jan 4 with 5908 viewssimmo

Yun on 12:22 - Jan 4 by whittocksRs

Would be interesting to know what sort of soft pressure Fernandes and the Tune lot put on managers to play big name players.

I think it's less about them putting pressure on them to play 'big names' and more about them wanting promotion above all else. Despite the consolidation, building a club, getting the foundations in place BULLSHIT, they still just want us in the spotlight of the premier league.

This means managers need results short term and that's usually best achieved with tried and tested players. Managers can point to 'big names' underperforming whereas if we had a team of Luongo, Harriman, Smithies, Chery, Gladwin, YSY sitting in 16th whilst leaving people like Green, Fer and Sandro on the bench, the manager would be slaughtered.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 12:42]

Yun on 12:43 - Jan 4 with 5891 viewswestberksr

Yun on 12:28 - Jan 4 by NW10Hoop

It's so odd. There are many in the squad that I think should be in the first team, and not (even though it's a very important reason) just because they are ones for the future, but because they could be doing an as good or better job RIGHT NOW.

Yun > Konchesky (although he's generally been ok)
Luongo > Henry or Sandro (I'm not a Henry basher but his form at the beginning of the season didn't warrant keeping his place)
Chery > Fer (Fer has looked lifeless)
Smithies > Green (I love Green but he is horribly out of form. If you're not gonna drop him now, then when?)

I'd also rather keep Ned at CB - Get the preferred partnership playing together as often as possible and deal with the right back problem using another player - possibly Henry for now.

And even though Hoilett is finally playing well, I can't imagine he'll be offered another contract with us, so why not at least rotate him with Gladwin?

you can be the next manager as far as i'm concerend!

too many of us here seem to come up with the same suggestions yet nobody at the club seems to think along the same lines; with Furlong having appeared in the Prem and been skinned by Sanchez and Bolasie (2 of the best attackers in the league) he apparently isn't up to the championship, Harriman is playing well in the league below yet not worth a spin in this division. So we have one (sort of) right back who is injured and a CB who is clearly clueless in that position.

so stick one of them at RB, all of your other changes too and we might have a faster, more athletic and interested team on the pitch......

or carry on as is!
Yun on 12:44 - Jan 4 with 5886 viewswhittocksRs

Yun on 12:41 - Jan 4 by simmo

I think it's less about them putting pressure on them to play 'big names' and more about them wanting promotion above all else. Despite the consolidation, building a club, getting the foundations in place BULLSHIT, they still just want us in the spotlight of the premier league.

This means managers need results short term and that's usually best achieved with tried and tested players. Managers can point to 'big names' underperforming whereas if we had a team of Luongo, Harriman, Smithies, Chery, Gladwin, YSY sitting in 16th whilst leaving people like Green, Fer and Sandro on the bench, the manager would be slaughtered.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 12:42]

That's a good analysis of the situation. Would appreciate a manager taking them on, playing what they actually believe is the best team for the club in both the short- and long-term, and seeing what happens. None have had the balls to so far.
Yun on 12:51 - Jan 4 with 5857 viewssimmo

Yun on 12:44 - Jan 4 by whittocksRs

That's a good analysis of the situation. Would appreciate a manager taking them on, playing what they actually believe is the best team for the club in both the short- and long-term, and seeing what happens. None have had the balls to so far.

Well the closest we've had so far has been Ramsey, but he could have done a lot more (still picked Green, Henry and Konchesky remorselessly) and that all went properly out the window at the end of the transfer window after we retained Austin, etc.

The Ramsey/Ferdinand of the summer had the freedom to build long term without having to worry about short term, but that soon changed when Tony rolled into town and you have an owner that assumes the 'best' players win the most games in a league consitently won by 'teams'. Hence why a lot of us (well me anyway) clung to Ramsey for as long as we did. It wasn't the Ramsey at Brentford I was hoping to keep, it was the Ramsey and Ferdinands QPR of the summer that I wanted. Once it was obvious that was just more bullshit, the apathy set in.

[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 12:55]

Yun on 13:00 - Jan 4 with 5803 viewswhittocksRs

Yun on 12:51 - Jan 4 by simmo

Well the closest we've had so far has been Ramsey, but he could have done a lot more (still picked Green, Henry and Konchesky remorselessly) and that all went properly out the window at the end of the transfer window after we retained Austin, etc.

The Ramsey/Ferdinand of the summer had the freedom to build long term without having to worry about short term, but that soon changed when Tony rolled into town and you have an owner that assumes the 'best' players win the most games in a league consitently won by 'teams'. Hence why a lot of us (well me anyway) clung to Ramsey for as long as we did. It wasn't the Ramsey at Brentford I was hoping to keep, it was the Ramsey and Ferdinands QPR of the summer that I wanted. Once it was obvious that was just more bullshit, the apathy set in.

[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 12:55]

I had the same thought process — was very pleased Ramsey had been given the opportunity to build something new, and was even on his side after the performances wobbled. Once the boardroom rhetoric changed you just knew it was all fcked and back to the status quo. What's more, you also knew that changing tack would fck up our season and probably send us further down the table, which we're seeing happen now. Don't see JFH upsetting the applecart any time soon.
Yun on 13:01 - Jan 4 with 5796 viewsQPunkR

Whatever the reasoning, please God some of our lesser lights (read better players - Yun, Diakité etc) get a run-out in our annual Cup capitulation so the manager can look at them in a game situation.
Not sure if we can recall Harriman from his loan, no guarantee he'd even want to come back (who could blame him if that were the case), but we need to be looking at him and Furlong.

QPR - "shit but local"

Yun on 13:21 - Jan 4 with 5709 viewsVish

Yun on 12:06 - Jan 4 by Northernr

although most would agree with your comments, it could just be that Yun is injured
Yun on 13:41 - Jan 4 with 5613 viewsbaz_qpr

Yun on 13:21 - Jan 4 by Vish

although most would agree with your comments, it could just be that Yun is injured

I thought he was injured did he not got off about a month ago with a knee injury?
Yun on 15:11 - Jan 4 with 5479 viewsDando

Im a big fan of Yun, and personally would have him in the team. But then again, out of all the players that have been poor - is Konch really one of them? Hes not been perfect but I would say hes been fairly solid and is one of those players who does give all his effort.

If anything, its the right back that clearly needs changing and the introduction of Luongo in some kind of role. Still cant understand for the life of me why he has been dropped for so long and without barely even coming on as a sub
Yun on 15:49 - Jan 4 with 5416 viewsvegasranger

I don't think Yun is that good as a defender. Switches off far too easily.
Yun on 18:19 - Jan 4 with 5231 viewsPunteR

I think Konchesky has played pretty well this season. I thought his signing was a bit odd initially and the first clue as to what the club were actually trying to achieve this season but I think he's played ok. He's had a couple of poor games same as everyone but on the whole you cant fault the player for effort, which we all like to see.
Yun has looked a tidy player on the ball and works hard but has been injured for long periods. Maybe he just hasn't settled here ,I dunno. He obviously hasn't got the experience as Konchesky.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Yun on 18:30 - Jan 4 with 5206 viewsfrancisbowles

Yun on 15:49 - Jan 4 by vegasranger

I don't think Yun is that good as a defender. Switches off far too easily.

I understand that view as he has been culpable defensively on one or two occasions but I do think he is better as a left sided midfield player.

I happened to be going into the ground at the same time as Yun came out of the car park on Friday and when it was suggested that he should be playing, he readily agreed. There was no suggestion by him that he was still injured and although his English may be limited he did repeat the statement `should be playing'.
Yun on 18:45 - Jan 4 with 5184 viewsrichranger

..meanwhile, Robinson is nearly fit....

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/jack-robinson-return-for-qpr?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 18:46]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024