Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BFG. 16:18 - Jan 3 with 18634 viewsconnell10

On his way?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

BFG. on 14:30 - Jan 4 with 3082 viewsDannytheR

BFG. on 14:11 - Jan 4 by Antti_Heinola

Actually, although I'm more the patient type and am certain Cousins will be a very, very good player for us and I think Luongo gets unfair stick, if the money worked I genuinely think Adam would be a decent fit.

He's great on the ball I know, and in this league more than most, set pieces of his quality are worth 10 points on their own. I just lose track of what it is we're meant to be doing as a club if we end up back counting out the used fivers for 31 year olds from the Premiership.

That said, in terms of dead ball skills *and* planet-sized waistline, he's probably the closest thing we could get to Taraabt now, and as a short term morale booster/trip down memory lane and with no one else able to take a functional corner kick, there's a logic there I suppose.

[Post edited 4 Jan 2017 14:36]
BFG. on 14:41 - Jan 4 with 3045 viewsAntti_Heinola

BFG. on 14:30 - Jan 4 by DannytheR

He's great on the ball I know, and in this league more than most, set pieces of his quality are worth 10 points on their own. I just lose track of what it is we're meant to be doing as a club if we end up back counting out the used fivers for 31 year olds from the Premiership.

That said, in terms of dead ball skills *and* planet-sized waistline, he's probably the closest thing we could get to Taraabt now, and as a short term morale booster/trip down memory lane and with no one else able to take a functional corner kick, there's a logic there I suppose.

Well, and also, in every team there is *some* room for some proper experience. As much as I loved and still love Warnock, he built teams for now, not for the future. Our title winning team, Adel and Walker apart, was stuffed with experienced pros - a team that would fight in the Prem but would need augmenting extremely quickly and well - which, unfortunately, everyone got wrong (a very tough job to get right though, which few acknowledge).

Right now, we could field a team something like this:

Smithies
Furlong Hall Lynch Bidwell
Cousins Borysiuk Luongo
Wzsolek Sylla Shodipo

Within that, you have a young average age, and really only 2 players with seasoned experienced in this league. Within that, I think you could easily have a place for someone like Adam - never quick anyway, not exactly old, with grit, leadership and also plenty of skill and ability. Would really help Cousins and Luongo too.

Bare bones.

BFG. on 14:43 - Jan 4 with 3032 viewsqpr1976

BFG. on 16:33 - Jan 3 by Northernr

There's more to the Polter situation than meets the eye IMO.

Anyway, looks like another six in six out window. Same again in the summer. Sack Holloway around November. New manager inherits squad of players signed under six different bosses. Twas ever thus.

From what I heard Monday, you may be right Clive.
If true, it will be very hard to offload him anytime soon.

I hope for his sake it's all bollo and being homesick, or just a sicknote, is the only issue.
BFG. on 15:01 - Jan 4 with 2970 viewssimmo

BFG. on 14:30 - Jan 4 by DannytheR

Tomlin is a similar size to Adam and was Bristols best player against us! I agree with Antti that although it's easy to ridicule, I think he's still got a lot to offer the Championship. He's not that old and he's still got a great left foot. Doesn't play as much for Stoke but then there's a few that get reguarly rotated out of that team but always do well when they come back in, he's one of them. He'd also be the best set piece taker in the league, which is important for a team that's not prolific from open play.

Anyway I don't think it's more than conjecture atm so not much point discussing but yeah, as per Danny, we don;t want too many 'ex-prem' 30+ merchants rocking up again, there needs to be a lot of justification for buying someone with little to no sell on value.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

BFG. on 15:10 - Jan 4 with 2941 viewsWestbourneR

BFG. on 14:43 - Jan 4 by qpr1976

From what I heard Monday, you may be right Clive.
If true, it will be very hard to offload him anytime soon.

I hope for his sake it's all bollo and being homesick, or just a sicknote, is the only issue.

Can someone PLEASE say what they're heard re Polter???

All the ITK hints with no details is driving me mad.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2017 15:10]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

BFG. on 16:40 - Jan 4 with 2830 viewsfrancisbowles

BFG. on 15:01 - Jan 4 by simmo

Tomlin is a similar size to Adam and was Bristols best player against us! I agree with Antti that although it's easy to ridicule, I think he's still got a lot to offer the Championship. He's not that old and he's still got a great left foot. Doesn't play as much for Stoke but then there's a few that get reguarly rotated out of that team but always do well when they come back in, he's one of them. He'd also be the best set piece taker in the league, which is important for a team that's not prolific from open play.

Anyway I don't think it's more than conjecture atm so not much point discussing but yeah, as per Danny, we don;t want too many 'ex-prem' 30+ merchants rocking up again, there needs to be a lot of justification for buying someone with little to no sell on value.

I don't see how he would fit into our wage structure though, or any experienced prem player
BFG. on 17:03 - Jan 4 with 2745 viewsHunterhoop

BFG. on 15:10 - Jan 4 by WestbourneR

Can someone PLEASE say what they're heard re Polter???

All the ITK hints with no details is driving me mad.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2017 15:10]

This is beginning to annoy me too. Why won't someone just say what they apparently "know" is going on?!

It does sound like there's been a falling out. But I don't understand/can think of why! Polter is exactly the sort of player you'd think Holloway would like. He's very similar to Mackie in many ways, albeit slightly slower but with better hold up skills (due to the large arse). Both bark, run, give it their all, pester defenders, do great things one moment, look amateur the next, etc.
BFG. on 17:49 - Jan 4 with 2649 viewsLblock

BFG. on 17:03 - Jan 4 by Hunterhoop

This is beginning to annoy me too. Why won't someone just say what they apparently "know" is going on?!

It does sound like there's been a falling out. But I don't understand/can think of why! Polter is exactly the sort of player you'd think Holloway would like. He's very similar to Mackie in many ways, albeit slightly slower but with better hold up skills (due to the large arse). Both bark, run, give it their all, pester defenders, do great things one moment, look amateur the next, etc.

His filthy habit with Bratwurst and ledenhosen has finally come back to haunt him.

Chasing Teutonic beats on ghetto streets. It's Yours.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

BFG. on 18:09 - Jan 4 with 2593 viewsBakes

BFG. on 17:03 - Jan 4 by Hunterhoop

It's been said, he threw a strop when he was told he wasn't starting at Brighton then made an excuse not to play recently because his family were visiting from Germany.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2017 18:31]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

BFG. on 18:17 - Jan 4 with 2568 viewsted_hendrix

BFG. on 18:09 - Jan 4 by Bakes

It's been said, he threw a strop when he was told he wasn't starting at Brighton then made an excuse not to play recently because his family were visiting from Germany.

In the words of a German speaking Ray Wilkins;

"Mein Wort"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

BFG. on 18:23 - Jan 4 with 2547 viewsTacticalR

Lederhosen in a twist?

Air hostess clique

BFG. on 19:14 - Jan 4 with 2417 viewsGroveR

BFG. on 17:49 - Jan 4 by Lblock

His filthy habit with Bratwurst and ledenhosen has finally come back to haunt him.

Chasing Teutonic beats on ghetto streets. It's Yours.

Stay steadfast in your pursuit of the light.
BFG. on 15:30 - Jan 5 with 2078 viewsFredManRave

BFG. on 18:09 - Jan 4 by Bakes

If that's the case then, "Auf Wiedersehen Polt".

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

BFG. on 15:50 - Jan 5 with 2024 viewsFDC

BFG. on 19:14 - Jan 4 by GroveR

Stay steadfast in your pursuit of the light.

If you were to find this temple, do you have the knowledge to enter the temple?
BFG. on 15:49 - Jan 9 with 1708 viewsLblock

Just seen on SSN's and a very excited Darmesh that a bid of £3million for Polts from Hertha Berlin is under consideration.

Chery £4mill "accepted and personal terms done" from China.... flying out to sign I think he said

Sandra medical completed (again he didn't say passed)

BFG. on 15:51 - Jan 9 with 1693 viewskensalriser

If the medical is completed that must mean they've found two knees, which isn't a bad start.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

BFG. on 15:52 - Jan 9 with 1682 viewsLblock

BFG. on 15:51 - Jan 9 by kensalriser

If the medical is completed that must mean they've found two knees, which isn't a bad start.

Both called Ron?

BFG. on 15:52 - Jan 9 with 1683 viewspaulparker

BFG. on 15:49 - Jan 9 by Lblock

Just seen on SSN's and a very excited Darmesh that a bid of £3million for Polts from Hertha Berlin is under consideration.

Chery £4mill "accepted and personal terms done" from China.... flying out to sign I think he said

fark me 7 million for both polter & chery and sandro gone as well
give Les a knighthood and the freedom of shepherds bush

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

BFG. on 16:51 - Jan 9 with 1474 viewsLongsufferingR

BFG. on 15:49 - Jan 9 by Lblock

Nice profit. Good work.
BFG. on 18:36 - Jan 9 with 1359 viewsenfieldargh

Somebody mentioned Hertha Berlin, I think its more likely Union Berlin

Bit like comparing Arsenal with some team like.................

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

BFG. on 18:55 - Jan 9 with 1283 viewsPlanetHonneywood

£3m for Polter, and we think the Chinese have lost the financial plot!

'Kin 'Ave it

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

BFG. on 18:57 - Jan 9 with 1273 viewsdaveB

Whatever fee Sky come up with for a transfer half it and you'll be closer to the truth
BFG. on 19:04 - Jan 9 with 1242 viewsNorthernr

BFG. on 18:57 - Jan 9 by daveB

Whatever fee Sky come up with for a transfer half it and you'll be closer to the truth

Particularly as they don't seem to even be reporting the right Berlin.
BFG. on 21:22 - Jan 9 with 984 viewsGloucs_R

BFG. on 19:04 - Jan 9 by Northernr

Particularly as they don't seem to even be reporting the right Berlin.

Dave MC saying it's a done deal, medical tomorrow

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

BFG. on 22:06 - Jan 9 with 879 viewsGroveR

BFG. on 15:50 - Jan 5 by FDC

If you were to find this temple, do you have the knowledge to enter the temple?

Do you want it?
And if you had it, would you flaunt it?

Chooon
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024