Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BFG. 16:18 - Jan 3 with 18770 viewsconnell10

On his way?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

BFG. on 22:11 - Jan 9 with 1596 viewsNortholt_Rs

BFG. on 15:52 - Jan 9 by paulparker

fark me 7 million for both polter & chery and sandro gone as well
give Les a knighthood and the freedom of shepherds bush

Let's hope our beloved DoF doesn't have a thing to do with finding their replacements though!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

BFG. on 22:12 - Jan 9 with 1583 viewsNorthernr

BFG. on 22:11 - Jan 9 by Northolt_Rs

Let's hope our beloved DoF doesn't have a thing to do with finding their replacements though!

Yeh wouldn't want players brought in and sold for profit again would we? Much better letting the latest manager have whoever he likes, like we did with Redknapp. And Sandro.
BFG. on 22:13 - Jan 9 with 1580 viewsToast_R

He was pretty good that Polter. I'm sad to hear he's going.
BFG. on 22:13 - Jan 9 with 1582 viewsLongsufferingR

Why? Another Sylla would do for me.
BFG. on 22:34 - Jan 9 with 1454 views2Thomas2Bowles

BFG. on 22:12 - Jan 9 by Northernr

Yeh wouldn't want players brought in and sold for profit again would we? Much better letting the latest manager have whoever he likes, like we did with Redknapp. And Sandro.

Are you trying to say he had this all worked out, that BFG has become a stand out example of the club developing a player and sell at a profit.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

BFG. on 22:39 - Jan 9 with 1420 viewsNorthernr

BFG. on 22:34 - Jan 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Are you trying to say he had this all worked out, that BFG has become a stand out example of the club developing a player and sell at a profit.

Part of his remit was for the club to start signing players that we might be able to develop and sell on for some more money, to help make a club that's hamstrung by its training ground and stadium slightly more sustainable. Polter and Chery are both leaving this week 18 months after they arrived for more money than they were signed for.

Meanwhile, people's champions Sandro, signed under the previous system, has had to be handed over to another club for free having cost us just north of £4,000 for every minute he was on the field.

This post has been edited by an administrator
BFG. on 22:42 - Jan 9 with 1402 viewsdaveB

The main say he'll have is that we sign players who want to be here for the right reasons, have possible sell on value and fit in with the clubs budget. Same as with everyone we've signed in the last 2 years. Who those players are is mostly down to the manager and scouts
BFG. on 22:47 - Jan 9 with 1371 viewsrsonist

If it's Union Berlin then I'd be very surprised we'll be making much of a profit on Polter. I think they'd be breaking their transfer record just to match what we paid.

Still, not making a hideous ruinous loss on players is good progress for us.
Login to get fewer ads

BFG. on 22:50 - Jan 9 with 1356 viewsNorthernr

BFG. on 22:47 - Jan 9 by rsonist

If it's Union Berlin then I'd be very surprised we'll be making much of a profit on Polter. I think they'd be breaking their transfer record just to match what we paid.

Yeh will be interesting. Not that we'll ever find out for sure. Undisclosed fee of course - another total load of bolox brought to you by modern football.
BFG. on 22:52 - Jan 9 with 1342 viewsdaveB

BFG. on 22:47 - Jan 9 by rsonist

i doubt we paid anything like 1 million for him last summer either but as Clive says we'll never actually know
BFG. on 22:55 - Jan 9 with 1330 views2Thomas2Bowles

BFG. on 22:39 - Jan 9 by Northernr

Part of his remit was for the club to start signing players that we might be able to develop and sell on for some more money, to help make a club that's hamstrung by its training ground and stadium slightly more sustainable. Polter and Chery are both leaving this week 18 months after they arrived for more money than they were signed for.

Meanwhile, people's champions Sandro, signed under the previous system, has had to be handed over to another club for free having cost us just north of £4,000 for every minute he was on the field.

Oh that's ok then, in the middle of the season when we have just one Striker, Washington could not score in a brothel, where is that money going, on another player we are going to make a profit on or another Washington.

Only it don't look to me it was planed to sell him now was it, whatever the reason (home sick) you can't say this is more than rolling the dice.

BFG. on 22:57 - Jan 9 with 1317 viewsdaveB

BFG. on 22:55 - Jan 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Oh that's ok then, in the middle of the season when we have just one Striker, Washington could not score in a brothel, where is that money going, on another player we are going to make a profit on or another Washington.

Only it don't look to me it was planed to sell him now was it, whatever the reason (home sick) you can't say this is more than rolling the dice.

i doubt it was planned but if the fella has asked to go and we can get money for him then selling makes a lot of sense
BFG. on 23:01 - Jan 9 with 1296 viewsNorthernr

BFG. on 22:55 - Jan 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

As I've said on the other thread it's a concerning time where we once again seem to be engaging in a big change around of the squad at the behest of another new manager. But then we do that all the time, and it never works, and yet the majority on here are still always in favour of ditching the manager and doing it all again.

All I'm saying is the one slight difference this time is we can actually sell some of the signings for some money, as opposed to having them sit in the reserves collecting their money until the end of the contract, or being paid to leave, as happened with just about every signing apart from Phillips, Fer and Austin (and none of them made a profit) until Ferdinand arrived.

Ferdinand's just the latest scapegoat. We've gone after Philip Beard, Karl Henry, Chris Ramsey, Hasselbaink, Ben Gladwin and so on and on and on and on and on. Now it's Ferdinand. It makes us look like absolute twts, but more importantly it's not fking working. Ferdinand will go and we'll be worse off for it.

BFG. on 23:01 - Jan 9 with 1294 views2Thomas2Bowles

BFG. on 22:57 - Jan 9 by daveB

i doubt it was planned but if the fella has asked to go and we can get money for him then selling makes a lot of sense

Yeah sure but I'm not having it that LF should take much credit balanced against the utter dross he had also got in.

BFG. on 23:13 - Jan 9 with 1237 viewsPunteR

So are we making any profit from polter?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

BFG. on 23:14 - Jan 9 with 1229 viewsDeepcutHoop

BFG. on 23:01 - Jan 9 by Northernr

As I've said on the other thread it's a concerning time where we once again seem to be engaging in a big change around of the squad at the behest of another new manager. But then we do that all the time, and it never works, and yet the majority on here are still always in favour of ditching the manager and doing it all again.

All I'm saying is the one slight difference this time is we can actually sell some of the signings for some money, as opposed to having them sit in the reserves collecting their money until the end of the contract, or being paid to leave, as happened with just about every signing apart from Phillips, Fer and Austin (and none of them made a profit) until Ferdinand arrived.

Ferdinand's just the latest scapegoat. We've gone after Philip Beard, Karl Henry, Chris Ramsey, Hasselbaink, Ben Gladwin and so on and on and on and on and on. Now it's Ferdinand. It makes us look like absolute twts, but more importantly it's not fking working. Ferdinand will go and we'll be worse off for it.

i'm never been more confused as to what we actually want from the club at the moment.

We want a long-term plan to improve out situation but start talking about sacking managers after 4 games.

We want QPR to go back to the days when we didn't have to give away players when they didn't work out, and now we can charge other clubs for some of them, and that should be a sacking offence for a DoF?

[Post edited 9 Jan 2017 23:18]
BFG. on 23:15 - Jan 9 with 1223 viewsNorthernr

BFG. on 23:13 - Jan 9 by PunteR

So are we making any profit from polter?

Sky say yes, somebody else will say no, we'll never find out. Just the fans aren't we? Don't matter mate.
BFG. on 23:20 - Jan 9 with 1191 viewsPunteR

BFG. on 23:15 - Jan 9 by Northernr

Sky say yes, somebody else will say no, we'll never find out. Just the fans aren't we? Don't matter mate.

Well, its not my money anyway.

BFG. on 23:24 - Jan 9 with 1171 viewskensalriser

BFG. on 15:52 - Jan 9 by Lblock

Both called Ron?

If I knew how to post gifs, this would be the pirate primate badum tish.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

BFG. on 23:35 - Jan 9 with 1131 viewstimcocking

Really liked Seb, but he wasn't very good.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2017 23:37]
BFG. on 23:38 - Jan 9 with 1310 viewsrsonist

BFG. on 22:50 - Jan 9 by Northernr

Yeh will be interesting. Not that we'll ever find out for sure. Undisclosed fee of course - another total load of bolox brought to you by modern football.

Considering how most of the QPR Internet is just mindlessly parotting £3m I'd say the undisclosed fee wheeze is unnecessarily honest now if anything.
BFG. on 23:44 - Jan 9 with 1290 viewsdaveB

BFG. on 23:01 - Jan 9 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Yeah sure but I'm not having it that LF should take much credit balanced against the utter dross he had also got in.

Ferdinand isn't the manager though so why he gets blamed for who we sign is beyond me. Ferdinand is responsible for doing the deals, putting together a scouting team to identify players the manager may want and scouting players the manager says he wants, he'll also be responsible for the type of player brought in with most of them in the last 18 months being players who fit into the budget, into how the manager wants to play and are young enough to have sell on value.

Some have worked such as Smithies, Chery, Hall, Polter, Ingram etc other haven't but it's not an exact science and even the best managers and best clubs in the world sign some crap at times.
BFG. on 00:21 - Jan 10 with 1217 viewsPunteR

My 8 year old was gutted when I told him Polter had gone. Poor little lad started sobbing and as I wiped away his tears he looked up at me and asked.."did we.(sob,sob), did we make a profit on him daddy?.(sob).."..
What sort of dad would I have been if I said I didn't know..? So I said "yeh, bout a million pounds"
You should have seen his little eyes light up..

BFG. on 06:45 - Jan 10 with 1019 viewsGloucs_R

How many moaning about him leaving spent the first 6 months booing him and saying how crap he was???

Poll: Are we staying up?

BFG. on 07:06 - Jan 10 with 990 viewsPunteR

BFG. on 06:45 - Jan 10 by Gloucs_R

How many moaning about him leaving spent the first 6 months booing him and saying how crap he was???

Lets be honest, he was a bit crap.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024