Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway's Post-Match Comments 20:42 - Jan 7 with 14629 viewsDWQPR

QPR boss Ian Holloway:

"That team, who haven't played before, will never be picked again. Simple as that.

"I wanted that team to fight and do it for each other. Unfortunately they couldn't do it.

"Simple things we don't do well enough as a group. It's very disappointing.

"There will be changes. You've got to get your foot in and we didn't do it well enough. Jamie Mackie did - he tackled everybody. But where's the rest? Come on.

"I've made some changes but I wanted to win and I thought that was a strong enough team."

Glad he thought it was strong enough. Playing Gladwin from the start immediately reduced us to ten men. More worrying though these comments strike me that there doesn't seem to be much redox left between the management and the players.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 20:55 - Jan 7 with 5635 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If this happened, his comments are true but not well judged. Big gamble.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 20:55 - Jan 7 with 5636 views2Thomas2Bowles

or, about time a manager spoke the truth.

We know some of this lot are no good or can't be bothered , I prefer this than harry telling how fantastic/ super nice they are.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 21:18]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 21:02 - Jan 7 with 5582 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR DOOM MONGERS TONIGHT
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 21:09 - Jan 7 with 5528 viewsOldPedro

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 20:55 - Jan 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

or, about time a manager spoke the truth.

We know some of this lot are no good or can't be bothered , I prefer this than harry telling how fantastic/ super nice they are.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 21:18]

To me, these comments sound very similar to some of the things Redknapp said about the teams he picked for cup games that we lost. I'd rather Holloway didn't say this type of thing in public - sounds like the manager is blaming the players when 10 games in, at least in public he should be saying we are all in this together.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 21:21 - Jan 7 with 5427 viewsFDC

To state the obvious, apart from Sylla wasn't that basically our first team minus players that are being shipped out?
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 21:22]
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 21:26 - Jan 7 with 5392 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well it does not matter if he saying it in public if he means what he says .

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 21:29 - Jan 7 with 5367 viewsDannytheR

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 21:21 - Jan 7 by FDC

To state the obvious, apart from Sylla wasn't that basically our first team minus players that are being shipped out?

Yeah, the only senior players who didn't make the squad today were the ones we all know are leaving, Sylla (injured), Robinson (crocked), Caulker (who knows), Borysiuk (clearly not rated) and El Khayti (ditto).

So it looks like Furlong and Doughty and another merry-go-round of new players, with last season's buzzwords "young and up-and-coming" now replaced by "passionate and whole-hearted."

Roll on summer.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 21:43 - Jan 7 with 5270 viewsDejR_vu

Whether it's true or not criticising players publicly for lack of effort is the quickest way to lose a dressing room. Naïve from an experienced manager.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 21:46 - Jan 7 with 5247 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 21:43 - Jan 7 by DejR_vu

Whether it's true or not criticising players publicly for lack of effort is the quickest way to lose a dressing room. Naïve from an experienced manager.

Nah, as I said if he means what he says then the ones he will have aimed this at won't be in the changing room again.

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 21:52 - Jan 7 with 5204 viewsDejR_vu

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 21:46 - Jan 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Nah, as I said if he means what he says then the ones he will have aimed this at won't be in the changing room again.

Maybe, but the point is the remaining ones will know that he will dig them out publicly as well if we have more bad results. They won't take responsibility, they won't believe that they're not pulling their weight, whether they are or not.

How did it work out last time when Redknapp did the same?

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 21:59 - Jan 7 with 5147 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 21:52 - Jan 7 by DejR_vu

Maybe, but the point is the remaining ones will know that he will dig them out publicly as well if we have more bad results. They won't take responsibility, they won't believe that they're not pulling their weight, whether they are or not.

How did it work out last time when Redknapp did the same?

You mean we have players that can't take a bit of criticism while taking the coin

Poor loves, can't be having them take some responsibility and fecking sulking can we.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 22:01]

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:04 - Jan 7 with 5111 viewsDejR_vu

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 21:59 - Jan 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

You mean we have players that can't take a bit of criticism while taking the coin

Poor loves, can't be having them take some responsibility and fecking sulking can we.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 22:01]

'You mean we have players that can't take a bit of criticism while taking the coin' - Yep, like or not, that's exactly what I'm saying

'Poor loves, can't be having them take some reasonability and fecking sulking can we.'- Agree 100%. But this is 21st century football. They're all so indulged they can't, in the main, take criticism and won't take responsibility. .

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:06 - Jan 7 with 5095 viewsHitch

Not a great fan of the manager rubbishing the team. That stuff should be kept in house.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:10 - Jan 7 with 5050 viewsLblock

It's a typical freebie game in January before the window "slams shit" appraoch -- I need players

Yes, Candle Face did the same, but I'd trust Ollie to get the right players in far, far more than that crooked kunt. We'll see.

I'm behind Ollie

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:11 - Jan 7 with 5049 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:04 - Jan 7 by DejR_vu

'You mean we have players that can't take a bit of criticism while taking the coin' - Yep, like or not, that's exactly what I'm saying

'Poor loves, can't be having them take some reasonability and fecking sulking can we.'- Agree 100%. But this is 21st century football. They're all so indulged they can't, in the main, take criticism and won't take responsibility. .

Then we are back to who recruited this bunch, I thought we had moved on to the right sort, clearly not!
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 22:13]

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:14 - Jan 7 with 5024 viewsLblock

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:11 - Jan 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Then we are back to who recruited this bunch, I thought we had moved on to the right sort, clearly not!

Only one man left as a constant

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:19 - Jan 7 with 5003 viewsDejR_vu

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:11 - Jan 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

The majority of players are the same, so it's not really about recruitment. It's about a supposedly experienced manager acting in a way that is likely to lose him the dressing room at a time when we are in a precarious position in the league.

Let's not forget he took us down last time.

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:21 - Jan 7 with 4982 viewspaulparker

Fair play to Ollie he has found out very quickly how gutless and overrated some of this lot are
If he starts the clear out with perch , bidwell, & captain not so fantastic then that would be a step in the right direction

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:29 - Jan 7 with 4919 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:19 - Jan 7 by DejR_vu

The majority of players are the same, so it's not really about recruitment. It's about a supposedly experienced manager acting in a way that is likely to lose him the dressing room at a time when we are in a precarious position in the league.

Let's not forget he took us down last time.

Oh please, we were utter crap and busted by the time he took over, you can not blame him for us going down back then.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 22:30]

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:31 - Jan 7 with 4904 viewsDejR_vu

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:21 - Jan 7 by paulparker

Fair play to Ollie he has found out very quickly how gutless and overrated some of this lot are
If he starts the clear out with perch , bidwell, & captain not so fantastic then that would be a step in the right direction

Holloway shouldn't be clearing anything out. In the structure we have in place that should be up to the DoF so that we don't have this constant player turnover. He should be working with what he's got. Digging players out publicly is going to do nothing other than destroy totally what little morale there is. He/we may not like what we are seeing but he should be keeping his counsel and making statements with team selection. His job is to find a way to get these players playing. Just 'getting rid' is a cop out.

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:33 - Jan 7 with 4882 viewsDejR_vu

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:29 - Jan 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Oh please, we were utter crap and busted by the time he took over, you can not blame him for us going down back then.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 22:30]

Not blaming him, just saying it was beyond him to turn it around. What's different this time?

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:34 - Jan 7 with 4868 viewseghamranger

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 21:21 - Jan 7 by FDC

I didn't go today.... I'm a ST holder and was quite happy to have a weekend chilling at home and not going. But FDC.... you have just summed it up, that's our first team except for the keeper who everyone rates as Smithies replacement, Gladwin who is rubbish and has to go and Eze who made his debut and played a few mins.... what is IH doing.... blokes a nightmare if he has said that, I like the bloke but he needs to sort it out asap. Hopefully by Monday or Tuesday we may have money in the bank for Chery, Sandro, and anyone else who doesn't want to stay and fight!!!
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:37 - Jan 7 with 4853 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:33 - Jan 7 by DejR_vu

Not blaming him, just saying it was beyond him to turn it around. What's different this time?

What's different

Well I could say a lot of the players are much the same as back then, not good enough and again players he inherited.

It's to easy to blame managers when really it's the players.

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:40 - Jan 7 with 4823 viewsBrightonhoop

He needs yo get professional. That is all. Not impressed. polter gone too, anyone else heard this?
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:46 - Jan 7 with 4797 viewsDejR_vu

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:37 - Jan 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

What's different

Well I could say a lot of the players are much the same as back then, not good enough and again players he inherited.

It's to easy to blame managers when really it's the players.

Maybe it is the players, but even if it is, he isn't going to achieve anything positive in slagging them off in the press is he? He may not like it, but he needs to keep them onside to have any chance of them playing for him. Then, if they really aren't good enough make changes in the summer. You don't throw a grenade in the dressing room in January.

QPR, Leicester and Millwall have all been relegated with him in charge. Can't always be the players.

He continued Simon Grayson's good work and took Blackpool up. He continued Dougie Freedman's good work at Palace and took them up. He took us up having been forced to start with a blank canvass.

Seems to me he is good at taking over a well run machine, but hopeless when there are problems to be sorted.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 22:47]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024