Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway's Post-Match Comments 20:42 - Jan 7 with 14632 viewsDWQPR

QPR boss Ian Holloway:

"That team, who haven't played before, will never be picked again. Simple as that.

"I wanted that team to fight and do it for each other. Unfortunately they couldn't do it.

"Simple things we don't do well enough as a group. It's very disappointing.

"There will be changes. You've got to get your foot in and we didn't do it well enough. Jamie Mackie did - he tackled everybody. But where's the rest? Come on.

"I've made some changes but I wanted to win and I thought that was a strong enough team."

Glad he thought it was strong enough. Playing Gladwin from the start immediately reduced us to ten men. More worrying though these comments strike me that there doesn't seem to be much redox left between the management and the players.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:53 - Jan 7 with 2968 viewsbosh67

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:40 - Jan 7 by Brightonhoop

He needs yo get professional. That is all. Not impressed. polter gone too, anyone else heard this?

To be fair, from what I hear, Polter going back to Germany is more to do with family issues than playing for us. We shall see if that pans out because he has the attitude that we really need.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:59 - Jan 7 with 2945 viewsDannytheR

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 21:46 - Jan 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Nah, as I said if he means what he says then the ones he will have aimed this at won't be in the changing room again.

He seemed to aim it at every player bar Jamie Mackie. Lonely old dressing room.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 23:02 - Jan 7 with 2937 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:46 - Jan 7 by DejR_vu

Maybe it is the players, but even if it is, he isn't going to achieve anything positive in slagging them off in the press is he? He may not like it, but he needs to keep them onside to have any chance of them playing for him. Then, if they really aren't good enough make changes in the summer. You don't throw a grenade in the dressing room in January.

QPR, Leicester and Millwall have all been relegated with him in charge. Can't always be the players.

He continued Simon Grayson's good work and took Blackpool up. He continued Dougie Freedman's good work at Palace and took them up. He took us up having been forced to start with a blank canvass.

Seems to me he is good at taking over a well run machine, but hopeless when there are problems to be sorted.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 22:47]

Lets get another manager in then

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 23:08 - Jan 7 with 2912 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 23:02 - Jan 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

We'll have to advertise the vacancy in a phonebox, because they LMA will have stopped taking our calls.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 10:27]
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 23:10 - Jan 7 with 2903 viewsDejR_vu

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 23:02 - Jan 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

No, because they'll get it wrong again. The reason we have to keep changing managers is because we constantly appoint the wrong one.

A good manager makes a massive difference to a club. Just look at Leeds and Reading, both having all sorts of problems off the field, appoint a good manager and they're both flying. A bad manager makes a massive difference the other way. We keep making bad appointments. So, no, as much as I believe IH is the wrong choice, there's no point making a change until the people making these decisions change.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 23:11]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 23:10 - Jan 7 with 2903 viewsTacticalR

Air hostess clique

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 23:14 - Jan 7 with 2870 viewsHunterhoop

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:59 - Jan 7 by DannytheR

He seemed to aim it at every player bar Jamie Mackie. Lonely old dressing room.

Yep. Very short sighted by Holloway.

Warnock always spoke of "we", "us and then"...classic leadership language to create unity amongst your group, regardless of whether performances were good or bad. Holloway talking about one player doing well and the rest not doing enough....that's very short sighted from someone who should know better.

Holloway needs to be careful. He won't be allowed or able to replace the whole squad (and rightly so - it's an entirely untenable and stupid approach to running a football club), so he needs the players.

These words for the gallery may buy him some time with the fans, but our fans are fickle. Ramsey got less than 12 months. JFH got less than 12 months. Holloway will undoubtedly get more leeway than they were allowed from the fans, but not that much more. There's little evidence we're getting better since he arrived, and quite a case to say we're worse off...

Here's hoping it works out. Desperate for us to pick up and make this approach to running a football club properly work in the short, as well as medium/long term, but I'm worried about Holloway.

Shodipo must start soon. It is inexplicable how little he has played. Wszolek must always start. Work from there.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 00:00 - Jan 8 with 2758 viewsisawqpratwcity

I haven't seen highlights from the game anywhere but the Beeb report, so for those that haven't seen them...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38474818

Ex-pats, you will need Hola (very easy) or some other VPN.

Btw, I agree that Holloway should be doing his tellings off in private. Unfortunately he is feeling the pressure from the manager merry-go-round.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 0:03]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 08:00 - Jan 8 with 2515 viewsqprnaas

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 21:09 - Jan 7 by OldPedro

To me, these comments sound very similar to some of the things Redknapp said about the teams he picked for cup games that we lost. I'd rather Holloway didn't say this type of thing in public - sounds like the manager is blaming the players when 10 games in, at least in public he should be saying we are all in this together.

I agree with you oldpedro, holloways comments sound like a redknapp type approach to overhauling our squad and I don't think it will improve morale in the dressing room especially when it does appear fractured since holloway's oversaw the poor run of 6 losses and the imminent transfer of previously key players.

What holloway could have said instead and taken a bit of blame himself (which he should) is, 'we didn't have any senior strikers available today and the only other out and out striker was a youth teamer and he went off after 20 mins, so we were struggling in this department both before and during the game. I tried a midfield consisting of fringe players and more regular players who are returning from injury and it didn't work today. Defensively we made some silly errors which the lads know they need to improve on. Also, I've lost my previous 5 FA cup 3rd round matches with qpr, so what did ya really expect? Its six now in a row similar to the 6 we lost in a row before Christmas. That's a bit trippy isn't it?'
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 08:41 - Jan 8 with 2457 viewsdaveB

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:46 - Jan 7 by DejR_vu

Maybe it is the players, but even if it is, he isn't going to achieve anything positive in slagging them off in the press is he? He may not like it, but he needs to keep them onside to have any chance of them playing for him. Then, if they really aren't good enough make changes in the summer. You don't throw a grenade in the dressing room in January.

QPR, Leicester and Millwall have all been relegated with him in charge. Can't always be the players.

He continued Simon Grayson's good work and took Blackpool up. He continued Dougie Freedman's good work at Palace and took them up. He took us up having been forced to start with a blank canvass.

Seems to me he is good at taking over a well run machine, but hopeless when there are problems to be sorted.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 22:47]

He didn't take over from Simon Grayson at Blackpool. Grayson left half way through the previous season. Tony Parkes took over and they were in a right mess heading down the table, they were nowhere near promotion under Parkes or Grayson and Holloway did an unbelievable job with them, o credit the work he did to someone else is plain wrong.

Anyway I have no problem with him saying the team didn't work hard enough if they didn't work hard enough, if that loses the dressing room then I'd be shocked, players will know they didn't play well but its standard fa cup stuff from QPR, regardless of manager or players we produce the same shit every year
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 09:02 - Jan 8 with 2406 viewsRs_Holy

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 08:41 - Jan 8 by daveB

He didn't take over from Simon Grayson at Blackpool. Grayson left half way through the previous season. Tony Parkes took over and they were in a right mess heading down the table, they were nowhere near promotion under Parkes or Grayson and Holloway did an unbelievable job with them, o credit the work he did to someone else is plain wrong.

Anyway I have no problem with him saying the team didn't work hard enough if they didn't work hard enough, if that loses the dressing room then I'd be shocked, players will know they didn't play well but its standard fa cup stuff from QPR, regardless of manager or players we produce the same shit every year

Yep just seen Ronald Koeman slagging off the whole Everton team... That must make him a rubbish manager too.
If our players want to throw a tantrum because the manager is telling the truth then they can do one.
Grow a pair, show some pride or f#ck off!
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 9:04]
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 09:23 - Jan 8 with 2337 viewswood_hoop

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 08:41 - Jan 8 by daveB

Couldn't agree more daveB, all this 'losing the dressing room' as though it will send a side into meltdown is laughable.

Prefer managers to be upfront than pander to the media in case it upsets a few of the folk in QPR, there are some of our players who should be on their knees every morning giving thanks to whatever God's there maybe, at the good fortune hitting them in spades, for earning a highly lucrative salary, yet having the skill and aptitude levels of a novice.

IH will be cast as the 'whipping boy' for whatever his players or staff don't get right, some of the blame may lay at his doorstep but if he has given out instuctions and they are ignored or attempted in a futile manner then
I would not expect him to gloss over a feeble performance to avoid the truth.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 09:37 - Jan 8 with 2285 viewsactonman

I have no problem with what he said. Holloway sees these guys day in day out and most likely hears some of the fringe players along with first teamers giving it Charlie big bllox on the training ground and moaning when their not picked.

He may have gave them a chance or he maybe just hung them out to prove a point like redknapp did.

Either way we have developed a culture at the club where players in the main don't give a fcuk other than where their next cheque comes from and rightly or wrongly, IH don't look like he is going to put up with it ?
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 09:47 - Jan 8 with 2254 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 09:02 - Jan 8 by Rs_Holy

Yep just seen Ronald Koeman slagging off the whole Everton team... That must make him a rubbish manager too.
If our players want to throw a tantrum because the manager is telling the truth then they can do one.
Grow a pair, show some pride or f#ck off!
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 9:04]

Well the excuse will be Koeman is a better manager or anything that can be used to keep having a go at Ollie.

Koeman went on to say the everyone should open their eyes (fans, club owners and their DOF) that the players they have are not good enough.

Yes they have money and we don't but if does not make it anyless the truth.

Some players have no problem in getting the manager sacked by underperforming
Telling how it really is with these players should be applauded, he is fighting for the club and his job, they should be doing the same.

For years we have been complaining about players not giving a stuff or are no good, as soon as the manager says it, you want to slag him off. unbelievable.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 10:00]

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 09:55 - Jan 8 with 2228 viewsjonno

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 09:47 - Jan 8 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well the excuse will be Koeman is a better manager or anything that can be used to keep having a go at Ollie.

Koeman went on to say the everyone should open their eyes (fans, club owners and their DOF) that the players they have are not good enough.

Telling how it really is with these players should be applauded, he is fighting for the club and his job, they should be doing the same.

For years we have been complaining about players not giving a stuff or are no good, as soon as the manager says it, you want to slag him off. unbelievable.

Spot on. Too many of our players don't put a shift in I'm afraid, stand off opposing players, do not pick up runners, half hearted challenges when they even bother, allow opposing players to run with the ball through midfield etc.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:02 - Jan 8 with 1686 viewsparker64

I didn't go yesterday (thankfully). In terms of effort it's a useful exercise to watch a player and see what he does when he's not involved. Has he switched off, is he taking a crafty breather, is the game too quick for him. Quite a few of our players seem a bit disconnected to the game at times.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:05 - Jan 8 with 1675 viewsrsonist

We were a bog-standard mid-table side who looked tactically stifled. We hired a coach to free the shackles and coax the potential out of the squad. Now we're in a relegation fight, everything's a shambles and everyone but Jamie Mackie is pathetic and bad and gutless and has to leave. If that doesn't ring alarm bells for you I don't know what will.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:07 - Jan 8 with 1660 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:05 - Jan 8 by rsonist

We were a bog-standard mid-table side who looked tactically stifled. We hired a coach to free the shackles and coax the potential out of the squad. Now we're in a relegation fight, everything's a shambles and everyone but Jamie Mackie is pathetic and bad and gutless and has to leave. If that doesn't ring alarm bells for you I don't know what will.

Yeah it tells me IH is right, and you don't have to take his word for it, the fans are saying it as well.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 10:08]

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:21 - Jan 8 with 1594 viewsrsonist

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:07 - Jan 8 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Yeah it tells me IH is right, and you don't have to take his word for it, the fans are saying it as well.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 10:08]

Oh well if the fans are saying it!!
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:24 - Jan 8 with 1582 viewskropotkin41

Right or wrong, presently we must give IH the benefit of the doubt. Give the man a chance toi build a team. We all know that IH cares about QPR, and we all know that he is prone to saying what he thinks. We've lost FA Cup games for donkey's years, another one shouldn't hurt too much......... let's see where we are at the end of the season.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:26 - Jan 8 with 1570 viewsFDC

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 09:47 - Jan 8 by 2Thomas2Bowles

"anything that can be used to keep having a go at Ollie."

That's not fair really. When Holloway was appointed lots of us were pleased but also said that our main concern was that it would be horrible if it all went wrong precisely because of our affection for him. In fact I think I said if he was hounded out of qpr by the supporters that would be it for me.

I'm not saying it has all gone wrong (yet--ultimately all managerial jobs end in failure!), but it's reasonable to voice concern when there's talk of bust ups and now this claim that he'll never pick that side again.... so what will the back four be against Reading be?

I'm not sure I could take seeing him have a melt down, so maybe I'm reading too much in to things, but this all seems very erratic.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:26 - Jan 8 with 1570 viewsPunteR

Problem for me is there's already been bust ups in the dressing room from what we hear. Ollie coming out and castigating the rest of the team in public doesn't seem the wisest move.
My worst fears of appointing Ollie in the first place is starting to unravel itself. The man wears his heart on his sleeve but if it all starts going wrong,which lets be honest it is, how is he going to react.
He looked a shadow of himself a few years ago when football got the better of him, so spent 18 months out of the game as a Sky pundit and got his mojo back.
It looks to me as QPR are doing their best to put him back in the padded room at Sky.
Lets hope the players react positively to this and get a result at Reading.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:28 - Jan 8 with 1555 viewsFDC

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:26 - Jan 8 by PunteR

Problem for me is there's already been bust ups in the dressing room from what we hear. Ollie coming out and castigating the rest of the team in public doesn't seem the wisest move.
My worst fears of appointing Ollie in the first place is starting to unravel itself. The man wears his heart on his sleeve but if it all starts going wrong,which lets be honest it is, how is he going to react.
He looked a shadow of himself a few years ago when football got the better of him, so spent 18 months out of the game as a Sky pundit and got his mojo back.
It looks to me as QPR are doing their best to put him back in the padded room at Sky.
Lets hope the players react positively to this and get a result at Reading.

Ha, yep, see simultaneous post above !
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 10:37]
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:32 - Jan 8 with 1540 viewsPunteR

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:28 - Jan 8 by FDC

Ha, yep, see simultaneous post above !
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 10:37]

Great minds...;)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:35 - Jan 8 with 1532 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:21 - Jan 8 by rsonist

Oh well if the fans are saying it!!

Well you're a fan and you post your views don't you, should we dismiss all views no matter where they come from.

Apart from the constant hate posts for the owner or manager or players like Sandro or Henry many can be constructive and balanced, or should everyone fans and the club shut their gobs.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024