Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway's Post-Match Comments 20:42 - Jan 7 with 14657 viewsDWQPR

QPR boss Ian Holloway:

"That team, who haven't played before, will never be picked again. Simple as that.

"I wanted that team to fight and do it for each other. Unfortunately they couldn't do it.

"Simple things we don't do well enough as a group. It's very disappointing.

"There will be changes. You've got to get your foot in and we didn't do it well enough. Jamie Mackie did - he tackled everybody. But where's the rest? Come on.

"I've made some changes but I wanted to win and I thought that was a strong enough team."

Glad he thought it was strong enough. Playing Gladwin from the start immediately reduced us to ten men. More worrying though these comments strike me that there doesn't seem to be much redox left between the management and the players.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:35 - Jan 8 with 1985 viewsClive_Anderson

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:53 - Jan 7 by bosh67

To be fair, from what I hear, Polter going back to Germany is more to do with family issues than playing for us. We shall see if that pans out because he has the attitude that we really need.

I don't understand why we can't say to Polter he's free to go back to Germany at the end of the season. We're in a relegation scrap, we're desperate for strikers and he's under contract, so I don't see why he can't wait 6 months before going back for his family.

On topic I'm definitely giving Holloway the benefit of the doubt here, he's earned it. There seems a tendency on here to slag off anyone who has done well for the club in the past , Warnock, Tarbs and now Holloway, whereas people like Ramsey get defended to the death. Seems to be the same people that slag our support off every five minutes as well.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:42 - Jan 8 with 1961 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:35 - Jan 8 by Clive_Anderson

I don't understand why we can't say to Polter he's free to go back to Germany at the end of the season. We're in a relegation scrap, we're desperate for strikers and he's under contract, so I don't see why he can't wait 6 months before going back for his family.

On topic I'm definitely giving Holloway the benefit of the doubt here, he's earned it. There seems a tendency on here to slag off anyone who has done well for the club in the past , Warnock, Tarbs and now Holloway, whereas people like Ramsey get defended to the death. Seems to be the same people that slag our support off every five minutes as well.

Warnock, Taarabt, and Holloway were all slagged off even when they were here and doing well. No one is safe. The nickname Hollowhead wasn't invented in 2016. For the record I am a fan of his now and before.

As for the Ramsay thing, I guess I was perceived as defending him to the death. It was more about defending whoever was in charge. I just want to see a manager in the seat longer than the expiration date on a Happy Shopper loaf.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 10:44]
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:47 - Jan 8 with 1943 views2Thomas2Bowles

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:26 - Jan 8 by FDC

"anything that can be used to keep having a go at Ollie."

That's not fair really. When Holloway was appointed lots of us were pleased but also said that our main concern was that it would be horrible if it all went wrong precisely because of our affection for him. In fact I think I said if he was hounded out of qpr by the supporters that would be it for me.

I'm not saying it has all gone wrong (yet--ultimately all managerial jobs end in failure!), but it's reasonable to voice concern when there's talk of bust ups and now this claim that he'll never pick that side again.... so what will the back four be against Reading be?

I'm not sure I could take seeing him have a melt down, so maybe I'm reading too much in to things, but this all seems very erratic.

If you are hoping for anything at Reading on a Thursday on sky no matter what IH has said or not, I've more worried for your sanity.

I don't think he meant every player apart from JM but that side as a combination.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 10:48]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:48 - Jan 8 with 1938 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

When you realise Mackie's your best player....

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:50 - Jan 8 with 1930 viewsBklynRanger

I wasn't around for yesterday's debauchery. Just watched that post match video without knowing who'd played. Looking at it afterwards he's basically slagged off most of our first 11. Something he really doesn't have the luxury of being able to do.

Worrying talk about 'stacking up' players since he can't use the loan market. Not all this again! A few weeks ago he was coming in to inspire and educate them all and now he just wants to get rid! I can understand him privately thinking that about certain players but to publicly decide that about virtually the whole team is pie in the sky nonsense and not the point of our situation! Fcuk sake.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:25 - Jan 8 with 1847 viewsolderR

Just listened to IH post match again.
He didn't say that team won't play again.
He said they hadn't carried on from the others and seemed most upset
about the team not doing what they had been doing on Friday and the
lack of movement up front (nothing new there) and conceding from our set piece again.

Hadn't seen Evening Standard piece before posting.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 12:00]
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:26 - Jan 8 with 1844 viewsdaveB

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:26 - Jan 8 by PunteR

Problem for me is there's already been bust ups in the dressing room from what we hear. Ollie coming out and castigating the rest of the team in public doesn't seem the wisest move.
My worst fears of appointing Ollie in the first place is starting to unravel itself. The man wears his heart on his sleeve but if it all starts going wrong,which lets be honest it is, how is he going to react.
He looked a shadow of himself a few years ago when football got the better of him, so spent 18 months out of the game as a Sky pundit and got his mojo back.
It looks to me as QPR are doing their best to put him back in the padded room at Sky.
Lets hope the players react positively to this and get a result at Reading.

It's not different to what Warnock did when he first took over, Warnock spent every press conference regardless of result saying he couldn't wait to get his own team in the following season as this wasn't a team he wanted. That was seen as great management, Holloway does it once and gets slated on here.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:29 - Jan 8 with 1834 viewsDannyPaddox

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 23:08 - Jan 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

We'll have to advertise the vacancy in a phonebox, because they LMA will have stopped taking our calls.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 10:27]

West London. Needs correction and discipline. Big tits!
Login to get fewer ads

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:35 - Jan 8 with 1813 viewsElHoop

I'm pretty sure that, when he arrived, Holloway said that the players were working really hard and were a credit to the previous manager blah blah blah. That being the case, why aren't they working hard now?
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:39 - Jan 8 with 1797 viewsstevec

That team, who haven't played before, will never be picked again.

Seems straight forward enough and puzzled by some of the misinterpretation. He's not going to pick that team, individual players, on the other hand, will be picked.

Back four, have all done a job for him albeit not always successfully. They'll be fine.
Hall, Pavel, Mackie, likewise. The kid only did a few minutes so he's absolved.

That leaves Luongo and Gladwin and if Holloway ever does pick either again he may as well order his own taxi.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:56 - Jan 8 with 1740 viewsBurnleyhoop

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:35 - Jan 8 by ElHoop

I'm pretty sure that, when he arrived, Holloway said that the players were working really hard and were a credit to the previous manager blah blah blah. That being the case, why aren't they working hard now?

Perhaps, quite rightly, he gave them all the opportunity to show what they were made of before making sweeping statements about their attitude and performances.
We have been a soft touch all season and with the exception of Mackie, Sylla and wosczlek and occasionally Luongo, our outfield players have been, for most part, pussies.

Seems to me we need to clear 4/5 out and replace with some physicality. We will get nowhere with fancy dans that couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:59 - Jan 8 with 1721 viewsPunteR

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:39 - Jan 8 by stevec

That team, who haven't played before, will never be picked again.

Seems straight forward enough and puzzled by some of the misinterpretation. He's not going to pick that team, individual players, on the other hand, will be picked.

Back four, have all done a job for him albeit not always successfully. They'll be fine.
Hall, Pavel, Mackie, likewise. The kid only did a few minutes so he's absolved.

That leaves Luongo and Gladwin and if Holloway ever does pick either again he may as well order his own taxi.

So two young players who played really well in L1 should be just ditched?. This from a manager who said he wanted to get the best out of his players and improve them.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 12:03 - Jan 8 with 1704 viewsPunteR

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:26 - Jan 8 by daveB

It's not different to what Warnock did when he first took over, Warnock spent every press conference regardless of result saying he couldn't wait to get his own team in the following season as this wasn't a team he wanted. That was seen as great management, Holloway does it once and gets slated on here.

I'd argue things are different to when Warnock was manager.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 12:05 - Jan 8 with 1692 viewsterryb

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 21:46 - Jan 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Nah, as I said if he means what he says then the ones he will have aimed this at won't be in the changing room again.

And why won't they be in the changing room again?

IF they are that bad as players or as people, who will take them off our hands?

I wouldn't be upset if they were dropped to the development squad & replaced by in house youngsters, but many would!

The only "fringe" players that appeared yesterday were Ingram & Gladwin. Was it not those that Holloway criticised rather than the regular first team players?

I certainly expect that only Gladwin & Eze from the 14 that played yesterday, will not be in the 18 man squad on Thursday.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 12:06 - Jan 8 with 1690 viewsElHoop

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:56 - Jan 8 by Burnleyhoop

Perhaps, quite rightly, he gave them all the opportunity to show what they were made of before making sweeping statements about their attitude and performances.
We have been a soft touch all season and with the exception of Mackie, Sylla and wosczlek and occasionally Luongo, our outfield players have been, for most part, pussies.

Seems to me we need to clear 4/5 out and replace with some physicality. We will get nowhere with fancy dans that couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

That's all well and good and i wouldn't disagree with what you say, apart from the fact that he made a point of saying that he was surprised at how hard they were working and how it was a credit to the previous regime. He didn't have to say that if he was going to give them the opportunity to prove it, so you would assume that it was the truth, in which case why is it no longer the truth?
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 12:33 - Jan 8 with 1635 viewsNorthernr

The problem is, while we're all very annoyed with the return we get for our money and the wages they earn, as others have said this is football in 2017 and you have to take the players with you.

The power is now entirely with the players. Clubs sack managers so readily, us especially, that they know they can simply down tools for a few weeks and he'll be gone. if you could still get results by screaming at the footballers and slagging them off in press conferences then Peter Reid would still be managing somewhere. You can't do it, and as I said last week it's very very risky placing all our chips on a big squad turn around in January - terrible time to be trying to do major squad surgery.

I sympathise with the "poor loves, can't take a bit of criticism" and feel the same, but it's a naive attitude and doesn't recognise where football has got itself to.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 12:37 - Jan 8 with 1610 viewsJamie

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:26 - Jan 8 by daveB

With the difference being that we knew Warnock would be around the next season to build his own squad.

Holloway will likely be gone by Easter.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 12:40 - Jan 8 with 1600 viewsNorthernr

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 12:03 - Jan 8 by PunteR

Yeh they are, we had seven loan players then, easy to get rid of those. Everybody we have now apart from Pawel the Pole is on a permanent contract.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 12:45 - Jan 8 with 1584 viewsHunterhoop

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 12:40 - Jan 8 by Northernr

Yeh they are, we had seven loan players then, easy to get rid of those. Everybody we have now apart from Pawel the Pole is on a permanent contract.

And he's one of our best players!
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 14:15 - Jan 8 with 1423 viewsDWQPR

The worry is that there are senior players there who cannot be arsed. The likes of Perch and Luongo. Luongo was nothing short of a disgrace yesterday, reminded me of Ben Watson at Ipswich at the end of the Paul Hart reign of terror. Knew he was going back to his parent club and ducked out of every tackle and did very little in between. Wasn't their reports that Brighton were considering a bid for Luongo? Maybe his agent is in his ear and he thinks that he will be off sooner rather than later and if that is the case then the next bunch of fools are welcome to him. Perch, is just plain awful and if I was Holloway I would give Kakay an extended run along with Doughty, they both deserve their starts as does the Finnish lad at left back who is certainly no worse than Bidwell who for me is heading very much for the Christer Warren/Paul Bruce draw of forgettable left backs, but at least Bruce could take a decent free kick and didn't cost us north of a million.

On the way home last night popped into the petrol garage at the Target and passed Andy Sinton coming out of the shop there. Why the hell cant we find that type of player in the lower leagues now, along with the Darren Peacock's, Andy Tilson's, Rufus Brevett's and even Ian Holloway's of this world? Surely they must still exist. And after seeing him at half time yesterday I wouldn't mind another Johnny Byrne either, even someone of half his talent would do at the moment.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 16:11 - Jan 8 with 1256 viewsdaveB

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 12:03 - Jan 8 by PunteR

first few months they were pretty similar, we were crap losing most weeks and Warnock spent most of the time saying we needed a new team
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 16:15 - Jan 8 with 1246 viewsdaveB

I don't get all this about Holloway hanging players out to dry and losing dressing room from those comments yesterday. He criticised the group rather than digging out individuals and I'm sure every player involved will know they didn't play well.

If he slags them off every week then he will lose the dressing room but saying they didn't play well yesterday is nothing really.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 16:37 - Jan 8 with 1211 viewsconnell10

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:46 - Jan 7 by DejR_vu

Maybe it is the players, but even if it is, he isn't going to achieve anything positive in slagging them off in the press is he? He may not like it, but he needs to keep them onside to have any chance of them playing for him. Then, if they really aren't good enough make changes in the summer. You don't throw a grenade in the dressing room in January.

QPR, Leicester and Millwall have all been relegated with him in charge. Can't always be the players.

He continued Simon Grayson's good work and took Blackpool up. He continued Dougie Freedman's good work at Palace and took them up. He took us up having been forced to start with a blank canvass.

Seems to me he is good at taking over a well run machine, but hopeless when there are problems to be sorted.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2017 22:47]

Yep let's sack him!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 17:22 - Jan 8 with 1148 viewsDejR_vu

Didn''t read the rest of the thread then?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 17:25 - Jan 8 with 1142 viewsconnell10

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 17:22 - Jan 8 by DejR_vu

Didn''t read the rest of the thread then?

Nope just your knee jerk mate!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024