Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway's Post-Match Comments 20:42 - Jan 7 with 14493 viewsDWQPR

QPR boss Ian Holloway:

"That team, who haven't played before, will never be picked again. Simple as that.

"I wanted that team to fight and do it for each other. Unfortunately they couldn't do it.

"Simple things we don't do well enough as a group. It's very disappointing.

"There will be changes. You've got to get your foot in and we didn't do it well enough. Jamie Mackie did - he tackled everybody. But where's the rest? Come on.

"I've made some changes but I wanted to win and I thought that was a strong enough team."

Glad he thought it was strong enough. Playing Gladwin from the start immediately reduced us to ten men. More worrying though these comments strike me that there doesn't seem to be much redox left between the management and the players.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 17:26 - Jan 8 with 1901 viewsDejR_vu

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 17:25 - Jan 8 by connell10

Nope just your knee jerk mate!

Maybe you should have

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 17:31 - Jan 8 with 1886 viewsconnell10

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 17:26 - Jan 8 by DejR_vu

Maybe you should have

Yeah I get it mate you don't like Ollie you never wanted him in the first place and even if we got rid of him we wouldn't get the right manager in ! Well he is here and I kinda like him so I'm gonna do a novel thing and back him! But feel free to carry on.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 17:41 - Jan 8 with 1863 viewsDejR_vu

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 17:31 - Jan 8 by connell10

Yeah I get it mate you don't like Ollie you never wanted him in the first place and even if we got rid of him we wouldn't get the right manager in ! Well he is here and I kinda like him so I'm gonna do a novel thing and back him! But feel free to carry on.

Never once said I don't like Ollie.

Had grave reservations about his appointment but want him to succeed.

Questioning his decision to criticise players publicly doesn't mean i'm not backing him. Is this a forum or not?

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 17:56 - Jan 8 with 1838 viewsconnell10

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 17:41 - Jan 8 by DejR_vu

Never once said I don't like Ollie.

Had grave reservations about his appointment but want him to succeed.

Questioning his decision to criticise players publicly doesn't mean i'm not backing him. Is this a forum or not?

As I said carry on .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 17:58 - Jan 8 with 1829 viewsDejR_vu

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 17:56 - Jan 8 by connell10

As I said carry on .

You're obviously easily confused

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:23 - Jan 8 with 1612 viewsPunteR

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 16:11 - Jan 8 by daveB

first few months they were pretty similar, we were crap losing most weeks and Warnock spent most of the time saying we needed a new team

Yeh, but Ollie's team has been assembled with a view to consolidation and rebuild whereas Warnocks remit was promotion. That's ignoring Northerns point of all the loan players we had at the time.
Warnock didnt manage QPR while trying to work under ffp rules. The players at Ollies disposal came in because of our new wage structure and how we go about things. Holloway said himself he wanted to work and improve the players, players like Gladwin , and now he wants a new team?
This season is another car crash and i'm getting a bit fed up with it all.
I've defended every manager we've had because i can see they are working in impossible circumstances.
You didnt want JFH anymore and are now defending Holloway, thats fine by me, i just dont think Holloway did the right thing in the post match comments, in our circumstances . Thats all. Lets hope it does spur the team on to do well in the next game.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:36 - Jan 8 with 1592 viewsdaveB

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:23 - Jan 8 by PunteR

Yeh, but Ollie's team has been assembled with a view to consolidation and rebuild whereas Warnocks remit was promotion. That's ignoring Northerns point of all the loan players we had at the time.
Warnock didnt manage QPR while trying to work under ffp rules. The players at Ollies disposal came in because of our new wage structure and how we go about things. Holloway said himself he wanted to work and improve the players, players like Gladwin , and now he wants a new team?
This season is another car crash and i'm getting a bit fed up with it all.
I've defended every manager we've had because i can see they are working in impossible circumstances.
You didnt want JFH anymore and are now defending Holloway, thats fine by me, i just dont think Holloway did the right thing in the post match comments, in our circumstances . Thats all. Lets hope it does spur the team on to do well in the next game.

I don't think I ever called for JFH to go, I said all along we should keep him till the summer unless we are in a relegation battle and was regularly told how daft i was.

I'm not sure building a new team is the way to go but we do need to get rid of some of this squad so getting rid of Sandro, Chery, Caulker and Henry this window is not the worst thing in the world. and I do think the team needs a lift to make sure they don't go down and that is annoyingly going to mean more short term thinking.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 23:12 - Jan 8 with 1541 viewsPunteR

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 22:36 - Jan 8 by daveB

I don't think I ever called for JFH to go, I said all along we should keep him till the summer unless we are in a relegation battle and was regularly told how daft i was.

I'm not sure building a new team is the way to go but we do need to get rid of some of this squad so getting rid of Sandro, Chery, Caulker and Henry this window is not the worst thing in the world. and I do think the team needs a lift to make sure they don't go down and that is annoyingly going to mean more short term thinking.

Yes fair enough, i do remember your posts to keep JFH till the summer come to think of it.
I didnt say you called for him to go , i just meant you thought it was the good decision in the end and Holloway was a good appointment. sorry if i got that wrong.

We're in a relegation battle now though. We have gone backwards under Ollie, or the results have gone backwards. Definitely looks as if the squad is a mess now.

I also think we need to sign a couple more players and if that means ridding of a few than so be it. I just dont think we are going about it the right way.

Login to get fewer ads

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 00:17 - Jan 9 with 1485 viewsdaveB

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 23:12 - Jan 8 by PunteR

Yes fair enough, i do remember your posts to keep JFH till the summer come to think of it.
I didnt say you called for him to go , i just meant you thought it was the good decision in the end and Holloway was a good appointment. sorry if i got that wrong.

We're in a relegation battle now though. We have gone backwards under Ollie, or the results have gone backwards. Definitely looks as if the squad is a mess now.

I also think we need to sign a couple more players and if that means ridding of a few than so be it. I just dont think we are going about it the right way.

not sure we are worse off, we were 17th 6 points off the drop when JFH left, we're 17th and 5 points off the drop now so no massive change.

I'm glad Holloway got the job and think he'll do well if given time but early signs are certainly a bit concerning.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 00:41 - Jan 9 with 1468 viewsisawqpratwcity

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 00:17 - Jan 9 by daveB

not sure we are worse off, we were 17th 6 points off the drop when JFH left, we're 17th and 5 points off the drop now so no massive change.

I'm glad Holloway got the job and think he'll do well if given time but early signs are certainly a bit concerning.

We're no worse off for having got only 6 points out of 24? Yeah right, that is solid gold relegation form.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 01:02 - Jan 9 with 1452 viewsBucksRanger

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 00:41 - Jan 9 by isawqpratwcity

We're no worse off for having got only 6 points out of 24? Yeah right, that is solid gold relegation form.

That's 9 out of 27 of course.

Jimmy's teams got 10 out of their last 27.

Nothing much in it really except Jimmy had a say in appointing these players and Ollie has yet to have the opportunity to make any adjustments via transfers or loans.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 01:14 - Jan 9 with 1441 viewsisawqpratwcity

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 01:02 - Jan 9 by BucksRanger

That's 9 out of 27 of course.

Jimmy's teams got 10 out of their last 27.

Nothing much in it really except Jimmy had a say in appointing these players and Ollie has yet to have the opportunity to make any adjustments via transfers or loans.

Indeed, you can point to Jimmy's record for the season and say that he averaged only 1.25 points per game and conclude that IH has made an improvement.

I stand corrected.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2017 1:22]

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 07:31 - Jan 9 with 1347 viewsdaveB

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 00:41 - Jan 9 by isawqpratwcity

Spin it how you want I was talking about league position, we are in the same position as when JFH left and 1 point difference to the drop. I'm not saying it is all great but it's not been a massive collapse, we're basically where we were 2 months ago
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:12 - Jan 9 with 1215 viewsTacticalR

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 07:31 - Jan 9 by daveB

Spin it how you want I was talking about league position, we are in the same position as when JFH left and 1 point difference to the drop. I'm not saying it is all great but it's not been a massive collapse, we're basically where we were 2 months ago

It's enough to shake one's faith in managerial change.

Air hostess clique

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:19 - Jan 9 with 1183 viewsElHoop

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 07:31 - Jan 9 by daveB

We're not where we were at all.

We presumably had to pay off JFH's wages for a year.

We have a group of players who now want to leave/are unhappy.

We are not in a good position to attract replacement players.

We are still near the bottom but our prospects of keeping clear of the bottom three are currently somewhat reduced as a result of the managerial change.

This position may of course improve, but as of now you'd have to say that we are worse off in terms of our prospects for this particular season.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:28 - Jan 9 with 1151 viewsPunteR

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:19 - Jan 9 by ElHoop

We are still near the bottom but our prospects of keeping clear of the bottom three are currently somewhat reduced as a result of the managerial change.

This position may of course improve, but as of now you'd have to say that we are worse off in terms of our prospects for this particular season.

Plus one whole point worse off.

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:40 - Jan 9 with 1084 viewsPinnerPaul

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 00:17 - Jan 9 by daveB

but , as I said before - we were also 6 pts from 6th - long way from that now.

We've been here before, but 7/9 defeats means we HAVE gone backwards IMHO.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:48 - Jan 9 with 1059 viewsdaveB

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 10:19 - Jan 9 by ElHoop

As I said in terms of league position we are pretty much in the same position.

Some players may want to leave but if JFH had stayed then I think it's safe to say he'd have been trying to sell Sandro this window and the offer Chery has got would have seen the same outcome so again I don't think it's that different.

I think to say our chances of staying up are reduced by managerial change is a matter of opinion rather than fact, I don't think the chances have changed at all but time will tell if i'm right or not, we could easily have gone down under JFH and could do with Holloway as well and could have finished mid table under either manager as well. We'll never know how it would have turned out under JFH but I don't see our recent performances as significantly worse than they were under JFH it's pretty much the same as it's the same players so to improve it changes were going to be happen regardless of who the manager was.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:51 - Jan 9 with 1051 viewsdaveB

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:40 - Jan 9 by PinnerPaul

Did you really think we were heading to the playoffs under JFH though? Due to the number of games played most teams in the bottom 6 were 6/8 points off the playoffs at that stage. He had 2 wins in 12 before he left, hardly mid table or playoff form
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:54 - Jan 9 with 1038 viewsNorthernr

We were pretty sht but pretty stable before, not we're pretty sht and pretty unstable.
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:57 - Jan 9 with 1027 viewsPinnerPaul

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:51 - Jan 9 by daveB

Did you really think we were heading to the playoffs under JFH though? Due to the number of games played most teams in the bottom 6 were 6/8 points off the playoffs at that stage. He had 2 wins in 12 before he left, hardly mid table or playoff form

No, hand on heart I don't, but we didn't look like we were going to lose 6 on the trot either!
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 12:13 - Jan 9 with 994 viewsisawqpratwcity

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 11:40 - Jan 9 by PinnerPaul

Pinner, you and I both seem to be suffering from some kind of numerical dyslexia (hopefully temporary).

Holloway's record is three wins and six losses, nine points, out of nine games (Cup excluded).

Correcting my previous post, Holloway's point-a-game is 20% worse than JFH's record this season. I take DaveB's point that we are basically at the same table position as before the change, but I am concerned that 46 points (assuming we maintain this run of results) may have seen us relegated 5 years out of the last twelve.

Edit: I just had a look at the last 12 Championship EOS tables and 46 points would have seen us safe only twice.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2017 12:35]

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 12:18 - Jan 9 with 979 viewsisawqpratwcity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFL_Championship#Relegated_teams_.28from_Champions

Season Clubs
2004—05 Gillingham (50), Nottingham Forest (44), Rotherham United (29)
2005—06 Crewe Alexandra (42), Millwall (40), Brighton & Hove Albion (38)
2006—07 Southend United (42), Luton Town (40), Leeds United (36)
2007—08 Leicester City (52), Scunthorpe United (46), Colchester United (38)
2008—09 Norwich City (46), Southampton (45), Charlton Athletic (39)
2009—10 Sheffield Wednesday (47), Plymouth Argyle (41), Peterborough United (34)
2010—11 Preston North End (42), Sheffield United (42), Scunthorpe United (42)
2011—12 Portsmouth (40), Coventry City (40), Doncaster Rovers (36)
2012—13 Peterborough United (54), Wolverhampton Wanderers (51), Bristol City (41)
2013—14 Doncaster Rovers (44), Barnsley (39), Yeovil Town (37)
2014—15 Millwall (41), Wigan Athletic (39), Blackpool (26)
2015—16 Charlton Athletic (40), Milton Keynes Dons (39), Bolton Wanderers (30)

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 12:29 - Jan 9 with 931 viewsdaveB

Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 12:13 - Jan 9 by isawqpratwcity

Pinner, you and I both seem to be suffering from some kind of numerical dyslexia (hopefully temporary).

Holloway's record is three wins and six losses, nine points, out of nine games (Cup excluded).

Correcting my previous post, Holloway's point-a-game is 20% worse than JFH's record this season. I take DaveB's point that we are basically at the same table position as before the change, but I am concerned that 46 points (assuming we maintain this run of results) may have seen us relegated 5 years out of the last twelve.

Edit: I just had a look at the last 12 Championship EOS tables and 46 points would have seen us safe only twice.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2017 12:35]

Well yeah of course if the results continue as they are we will go down but if we had continued with the same results under JFH of 2 wins in every 12 we'd be close to going down as well. Pretty obvious that needs to improve
Holloway's Post-Match Comments on 12:30 - Jan 9 with 929 viewsfakekerby

I thought the whole point of a director of football was that the club would dictate signings, style of play, preferred formations and that managers were far more disposable and essentially would be hired on the premise that they suited the club's desired footballing requirements; therefore, you wouldn't have this cull of players every time a new manager came in, like Southampton, Watford, and others have successfully implemented.

Holloway was brought in to improve the players we had and it's taken 7 games to decide we need more new blood.

How about we appoint better coaches, or an assistant manager (like every other club in the footballing pyramid has)? Or stick with a plan, a style of play? Why did we hear constantly about high pressing, more legs in midfield, and none of it has happened? Why did we lose two great players who the fans all loved and still had plenty to offer at this level?

Why haven't Luongo, Cousins, Bidwell improved as players? Why has Shodipo gone from regular use under one manager to barely anything under the next one? Why does Perch (currently doing his best Bosingwa impression) get so much game time? Where is the consistency? Where has Polter disappeared off to, why wasn't Sylla turning up for training... this is a mid table Championship club that still seems to have players acting like spoilt Premiership primadonnas.

Except for Lee Hoos who we are lucky to have, this place is an utter shambles from top to bottom.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024