Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Notlob v QPR. 09:42 - Oct 21 with 27306 viewsMick_S

These sides have never shared a goalless draw in any of their previous 30 league meetings.

Tasty.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Notlob v QPR. on 13:05 - Oct 22 with 1722 viewsPunteR

Just play Sylla and Washington up top with Mackie and Smith as impact subs. Simple

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Notlob v QPR. on 13:22 - Oct 22 with 1684 viewsWestbourneR

Notlob v QPR. on 13:05 - Oct 22 by PunteR

Just play Sylla and Washington up top with Mackie and Smith as impact subs. Simple

Or don't play Washington at all and play of (numerous) proper wingers with Sylla up top.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Notlob v QPR. on 14:11 - Oct 22 with 1633 viewsjohncharles

Notlob v QPR. on 10:43 - Oct 22 by Esox_Lucius

The same Millwall that dismantled Birmingham yesterday? We were outplayed by Millwall and did well to salvage a point in the end. There are a lot of teams in this league who could both beat us soundly and get beaten by us. Those who think that sacking the manager is the answer each time we get beat haven't a scooby about what QPR is trying to do and should be ignored. I thought we would be battling relegation for most of this season so I am unexpectedly upbeat about the season so far and will be happy if we finish higher than 20th. NOT low expectations, more pragmatism.

Millwall beat a team below them and went above us. We need to beat the teams below us.
That is all. As for asking the manager see my post above.

"I'M NOT SAYING SACK THE MANAGER"

Strong and stable my arse.

Notlob v QPR. on 14:46 - Oct 22 with 1601 viewsNorthernr

Notlob v QPR. on 13:22 - Oct 22 by WestbourneR

Or don't play Washington at all and play of (numerous) proper wingers with Sylla up top.

I agree with this. Washington came on yesterday and added nothing at all.

I'd like to see Wheeler involved more. He's 26, he's not a kid, so even though he's stepping up levels and will need time it doesn't really make sense to buy him and not play him at all.
Notlob v QPR. on 15:02 - Oct 22 with 1573 viewskensalriser

Holloway has persevered with Washington and Mackie presumably because they have the energy to play his high-press game, but he seems to have acknowledged that Sylla is a greater goal threat.

I liked the look of Wheeler when he got his goal - good positioning, good timing and got in front of the defender.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Notlob v QPR. on 15:09 - Oct 22 with 1566 viewsNorthernr

Notlob v QPR. on 15:02 - Oct 22 by kensalriser

Holloway has persevered with Washington and Mackie presumably because they have the energy to play his high-press game, but he seems to have acknowledged that Sylla is a greater goal threat.

I liked the look of Wheeler when he got his goal - good positioning, good timing and got in front of the defender.

I'm all for the hard work and high press but sooner or later you've got to go with who's more likely to score goals, which he does seems to be doing a bit more now.
Notlob v QPR. on 16:08 - Oct 22 with 1532 viewsjohncharles

To be fair, I think Holloway has tried all the combinations and they just haven't worked. Love to see Wheeler given a game. He does know where the goal is. Trouble is, our next games are against the league leaders. Does Holloway take a chance and play Wheeler and Sylla upfront or stick to the same team and hope for a draw.
Whatever happens Ollie and the team need our support more than ever because I reckon we will get zero points from the next two games.

Strong and stable my arse.

Notlob v QPR. on 17:04 - Oct 22 with 1494 viewsCiderwithRsie

Notlob v QPR. on 14:46 - Oct 22 by Northernr

I agree with this. Washington came on yesterday and added nothing at all.

I'd like to see Wheeler involved more. He's 26, he's not a kid, so even though he's stepping up levels and will need time it doesn't really make sense to buy him and not play him at all.

Wheeler: as winger, as second striker, or in a free role?
Login to get fewer ads

Notlob v QPR. on 17:04 - Oct 22 with 1493 viewsPinnerPaul

Notlob v QPR. on 17:40 - Oct 21 by WestbourneR

You're right we all know what the weak points are - defends and up front - but sadly Ollie doesn't.

- he's absolutely refused to play Sylla for ages and only now he's done it and boom - 2 in 2. He's clearly been the best striker at the club for ages. He has a personal thing against Sylla as his interview with Clive showed
- he bought four wingers on the summer that we didn't need

Honestly he's so scatter gun in everything he does he can't even finish a sentence.

I don't care what our situ there are far better managers out there. Never go back.

With 4 fit defenders I'm not sure what you expect him to do, he's not doing now.

Said in post match that they worked in training on defending set pieces yet two players - Sylla & Bidwell lose their men - happens all the time, ALL teams work on set plays and ALL teams concede from them - but hey ho, no lets t say its only here and its Olly's fault it happens.
Notlob v QPR. on 17:07 - Oct 22 with 1491 viewsPinnerPaul

Notlob v QPR. on 18:25 - Oct 21 by PunteR

yep

Really?, us winning would make no difference to Wolves or Sheff Utd.

Its a football cliché that doesn't actually make sense.

We go again on Saturday and the game starts at 0-0, like all the others.
Notlob v QPR. on 18:13 - Oct 22 with 1435 viewsPunteR

Notlob v QPR. on 17:07 - Oct 22 by PinnerPaul

Really?, us winning would make no difference to Wolves or Sheff Utd.

Its a football cliché that doesn't actually make sense.

We go again on Saturday and the game starts at 0-0, like all the others.

Nov77- We couldn't win the last two very winnable games, we've made things harder for ourselves now for the next few weeks. Pressure is on.

What part of that doesnt make sense?. Its all a means to an end.If you dont get three points in games come the end of the season your the bottom half of the table, maybe staring at relegation.
The knives are also already out for Ollie ,so yeh i'd say the pressure is on.
Pressure is not always a bad thing though.
Lets say we got 6 points in the last 2 games dont you think that helps with confidence and performance levels going into the next game ?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 18:18]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Notlob v QPR. on 18:26 - Oct 23 with 1237 viewsPinnerPaul

Notlob v QPR. on 18:13 - Oct 22 by PunteR

Nov77- We couldn't win the last two very winnable games, we've made things harder for ourselves now for the next few weeks. Pressure is on.

What part of that doesnt make sense?. Its all a means to an end.If you dont get three points in games come the end of the season your the bottom half of the table, maybe staring at relegation.
The knives are also already out for Ollie ,so yeh i'd say the pressure is on.
Pressure is not always a bad thing though.
Lets say we got 6 points in the last 2 games dont you think that helps with confidence and performance levels going into the next game ?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2017 18:18]

Possibly yes, but don't think players get quite as down as fans after a defeat or in this case two draws! - if they did they wouldn't bother turning up!
Notlob v QPR. on 20:00 - Oct 23 with 1175 viewsderbyhoop

If you win at home and draw away, you'll probably go up. Just need to get the home form sorted.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024