Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paper interest in Freeman 09:13 - Jul 29 with 57646 viewsbosh67

Apparently West Brom and Boro looking at a bid ITRO £3m for him. Would be a huge loss for us but given what's happened and what we bought him for that would be around a 10 fold return. Depends where we are in terms of being able to fight off bids. I imagine Freeman would be happy to stay as he plays every week here and perhaps the FFP settlement means that we don't have to get picked off by the vultures in terms of selling players. I guess if he does go we have Manning who could play that role and Chair.

Hopefully just press bluster.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 9:13]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paper interest in Freeman on 09:44 - Jul 29 with 10284 viewsAntti_Heinola

Would rather keep, but if we get offered £3m, we'll accept, no question.
If there's 2 clubs bidding, though, that might push his price up.

Bare bones.

Paper interest in Freeman on 09:45 - Jul 29 with 10277 viewstraininvain

Surely Manning plays a very different role to Freeman?
Paper interest in Freeman on 09:52 - Jul 29 with 10244 viewsfrancisbowles

Paper interest in Freeman on 09:45 - Jul 29 by traininvain

Surely Manning plays a very different role to Freeman?

Not necessarily. Freeman has now been pushed out wide, most of the game, whilst Eze is in the middle. Manning has played a variety of positions and was seen wide in a few appearances last season.

If Freeman does go we also have Smyth, Wheeler, Chair, Shodipo and it seems that McClaren hasn't written of CW yet!
Paper interest in Freeman on 10:05 - Jul 29 with 10179 viewsLythamR

Paper interest in Freeman on 09:52 - Jul 29 by francisbowles

Not necessarily. Freeman has now been pushed out wide, most of the game, whilst Eze is in the middle. Manning has played a variety of positions and was seen wide in a few appearances last season.

If Freeman does go we also have Smyth, Wheeler, Chair, Shodipo and it seems that McClaren hasn't written of CW yet!

Selling our players is what we have to do now as a club to survive and develop . I would imagine the management expect to sell on at least one of Freeman or Loungo. Personally i would rather keep Freeman and sell Loungo but someone has to go.
Paper interest in Freeman on 10:18 - Jul 29 with 10103 viewsEalingHoop81

We absolutely need to be developing players and selling them on at a profit. However doing that successfully is selling them at the right price not just accepting any offer that is a profit, as you will lose money on other players that don’t work out. Freeman plays a different role role to Smythies, one that typically commands a higher fee.

£3m is not enough for him
Paper interest in Freeman on 10:33 - Jul 29 with 10038 viewsLblock

£3million?

As in three million of the queens english pounds?

My concern is the people who agreed the Smithies fee (caveat - may have been a clause) will readily accept this IF true.
So £3million for a fella who was in the top two of assists for the whole division last year in a somewhat struggling team is acceptable???? (caveat - if there's not a clause in his contract)

We are talking about a market where Maddison goes for £22mill, Bobby Reid £10mill + and a whole raft of bang average players commanding fees which are purely sickening. Usually I'd say "but how much to replace him" but I do accept we have an issue here in Luke could be vying for the same spot as Eze plus there's Manning, Chair, Wheeler etc. However despite not releasing the ball at times (we had another player like that once I recall) Freeman has to be one of our players we'd be forming a squad around.

He's a London lad, looks happy in his environment and with a decent pattern of play and striker in front of him could be pivotal.

Re: what Ollie paid for him and the "ten fold return" -- what we paid is irrelevant. The fee a player like Luke should be attracting is nowhere near £3mill. Double that and then some as a starter before sell on fees etc for a player with terrific Championship statistics is more acceptable.

Those who are shrugging their shoulders and saying "sh1t happens", I get the reasons but, come on, if we accepted that fee and then spend it on Chris Martin is that palatable????

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:33 - Jul 29 with 10039 viewsBrianMcCarthy

£3m seems low, but it's hard to see us rejecting it at the same time. Strange days have found us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:47 - Jul 29 with 9963 viewsozexile

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:33 - Jul 29 by Lblock

£3million?

My concern is the people who agreed the Smithies fee (caveat - may have been a clause) will readily accept this IF true.
So £3million for a fella who was in the top two of assists for the whole division last year in a somewhat struggling team is acceptable???? (caveat - if there's not a clause in his contract)

We are talking about a market where Maddison goes for £22mill, Bobby Reid £10mill + and a whole raft of bang average players commanding fees which are purely sickening. Usually I'd say "but how much to replace him" but I do accept we have an issue here in Luke could be vying for the same spot as Eze plus there's Manning, Chair, Wheeler etc. However despite not releasing the ball at times (we had another player like that once I recall) Freeman has to be one of our players we'd be forming a squad around.

He's a London lad, looks happy in his environment and with a decent pattern of play and striker in front of him could be pivotal.

Re: what Ollie paid for him and the "ten fold return" -- what we paid is irrelevant. The fee a player like Luke should be attracting is nowhere near £3mill. Double that and then some as a starter before sell on fees etc for a player with terrific Championship statistics is more acceptable.

Those who are shrugging their shoulders and saying "sh1t happens", I get the reasons but, come on, if we accepted that fee and then spend it on Chris Martin is that palatable????

Spot on.
Login to get fewer ads

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:48 - Jul 29 with 9951 viewsenfieldargh

Berlin game 88 minutes gone Freeman who had shown signs of cramp 10 minutes earlier was still pressing hard, closing down opposition.

To loose Freeman and Luongo would not be the end of the world but it will significantly set us back on the playing field and loose our experienced attacking threat

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:01 - Jul 29 with 9883 viewspaulparker

3 million!!!! That’s half a Gary madine FFS , tell them to do one

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:06 - Jul 29 with 9861 viewsDejR_vu

Selling Smithies for the cab fare to Wales has confirmed to the world how desperate we are. In the same way agents and players were taking the p1ss when we were throwing money around like confetti, clubs are now going to take the p1ss with bids for our players. Judging by the Smithies deal we'll probably give him away and agree to pay half his wages.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:08 - Jul 29 with 9855 viewsLythamR

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:33 - Jul 29 by Lblock

£3million?

Yes i am not suggesting we should sell for 3m . that would be a gift, I am just saying that we are almost certainly going to have to sell if a reasonable offer is made, what figure that should be would depend on the offer, sell on clauses and myriad other factors we can only speculate on.
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:08 - Jul 29 with 9855 viewsNorthernr

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:06 - Jul 29 by DejR_vu

Selling Smithies for the cab fare to Wales has confirmed to the world how desperate we are. In the same way agents and players were taking the p1ss when we were throwing money around like confetti, clubs are now going to take the p1ss with bids for our players. Judging by the Smithies deal we'll probably give him away and agree to pay half his wages.

Is everything alright at home?
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:17 - Jul 29 with 9804 viewsDejR_vu

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:08 - Jul 29 by Northernr

All good at home, but I should probably give more thought to my leisure activities. It's not supposed to be stressful is it?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 11:44]

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:23 - Jul 29 with 9776 viewsdavman

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:08 - Jul 29 by Northernr

Clive. Pot. Kettle. Black.

He's got a pretty good point though.....

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:28 - Jul 29 with 9744 viewssevenhoop

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:48 - Jul 29 by enfieldargh

Berlin game 88 minutes gone Freeman who had shown signs of cramp 10 minutes earlier was still pressing hard, closing down opposition.

To loose Freeman and Luongo would not be the end of the world but it will significantly set us back on the playing field and loose our experienced attacking threat

losing either of them would be the end of the world, but both?! We cannot let these two go
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:30 - Jul 29 with 9733 viewsNorthernr

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:23 - Jul 29 by davman

I know mate I know, only jesting.
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:36 - Jul 29 with 9691 viewsQPR_John

Paper interest in Freeman on 10:33 - Jul 29 by BrianMcCarthy

£3m seems low, but it's hard to see us rejecting it at the same time. Strange days have found us.

Smithies gone for £4M, Freeman for possibly £3M then there is Luongo what should we sell him for. What is acceptable to most £4M?. So that could be 3 first team players for £11M when we see teams getting more than that for one player. I'll accept for arguments sake we are a selling club but surely we cannot get anywhere if we sell at those prices.
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:37 - Jul 29 with 9687 viewsElHoop

Why on earth would we need or want to sell him for £3m - can someone please explain?

If we are OK on FFP for this season, and if FFP is the main constraint on us as against available funds from the owners, then why do we need to sell anyone if we don't want to? We need a good start to the season, we need to get all of our core support back on board and the signs on that front are more promising than they've been for a while, so why wreck that by unloading decent players for poor fees? I would assume that the story is bollocks and even if it isn't bollocks then I hope that it's treated as bollocks.
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:38 - Jul 29 with 9679 viewsdannyblue

I think Freeman, strangely, is our most important player. Not for what he does on the ball, but because the majority of our goals will be from set pieces from his delivery. And he helps keep the midfield tight. With the market as it is I wouldn't sell him for £3m...but does McLaren knowhow valuable he is to us?

With FFP sorted for now I hope we can afford to keep him.

Luongo on the other hand I'd accept £3m for, should someone offer it. We're over stocked in midfield with Cousins and Manning struggling to get in the team and Chair coming through.
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:39 - Jul 29 with 9678 viewsBlue_Castello

There appears to be a perception on here that we are now a 100% selling club and that if we get a bid for a player he will be sold. Having read all the recent press I am not sure that is the case, we have finally been fined for a historical transgression of Football League rules and to be honest that fine could have been far worse and Nick de Marco has done a good job, that's if you accept the Football Leagues FFP rules which as we all know are a total crock of shit.

Clive has pointed out numerous times including in his current article the current financial situation, we have made a total loss of £18 million over two years and that means in the third year we are allowed to loose up to £21 million. The third year is the season just gone so if the accountants are working hard the clubs management must know where we are within that £21 million figure.

Bottom line surely if we are within the £21 million then it's just up to the board whether they want to sell or keep the player, if we are not forced to sell him and can hold on then that seems the best resolution whilst we rebuild. If we are forced to sell him then as Lblock says the £3 million is a complete joke, especially when you look at the other transfer fees in the division, we all watched Maddison last year and somehow Norwich got £20 million for him.
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:46 - Jul 29 with 9621 viewsDejR_vu

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:23 - Jul 29 by davman

I was once told by a very old and wise QPR supporter that the first 85 years are the hardest

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:48 - Jul 29 with 9609 viewsmendipexile

Well, it also depends on what the player wants to do and what's in their contract. Who knows what fee is in there to trigger a move? None of us. Maybe someone like Dave Mac may have some knowledge of this. Think we have always really been a selling club, well since ive been supporting the Rs anyway.
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:53 - Jul 29 with 9576 viewsNorthernr

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:37 - Jul 29 by ElHoop

Why on earth would we need or want to sell him for £3m - can someone please explain?

If we are OK on FFP for this season, and if FFP is the main constraint on us as against available funds from the owners, then why do we need to sell anyone if we don't want to? We need a good start to the season, we need to get all of our core support back on board and the signs on that front are more promising than they've been for a while, so why wreck that by unloading decent players for poor fees? I would assume that the story is bollocks and even if it isn't bollocks then I hope that it's treated as bollocks.

We're not ok for FFP this season, we're right on the line.
That said, £3m would be a joke, as it was for Smithies.
Paper interest in Freeman on 11:56 - Jul 29 with 9561 viewsEalingHoop81

Paper interest in Freeman on 11:53 - Jul 29 by Northernr

We're not ok for FFP this season, we're right on the line.
That said, £3m would be a joke, as it was for Smithies.

Isn’t it also a 3 year rolling process, so in year 4 the first year loss drops away. So this coming year we would have to be back around the £7m mark. Thereafter without the parachute payments that will be very challenging.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024