Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham 22:29 - Sep 18 with 8518 viewsqpr85

Now I'm not sure how I feel about this. I remember Jimmy Smith doing it for us when on loan from scumbags and thinking it was brilliant for obvious reasons. Then I started thinking about how, can't think of a better word for it, lame it actually was.

Apparently people in the "Twittersphere' are getting up tight about it. Is this something we should worry/care about it does it not bother you at all.

Sorry if posted already just very strange he did this and I'm not bothered as he's wanting the fans to be behind him but is it right he is kissing their badge?? I don't remember him doing it for us but I could be/probably am wrong.
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 22:54 - Sep 18 with 6098 viewscolinallcars

I wouldn't worry about it, footballers have so many mannerisms, kissing or patting the badge is just yet another meaningless ritual.
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 23:15 - Sep 18 with 6041 viewsqueensparker

Anyone getting angry and personal about this on Twitter needs to get a few more years under their belt.

Trust me once you get past 40 you won't give a f--k.

Fair play to Ryan he's there for a while why not get the fans onside?
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 23:18 - Sep 18 with 6029 viewsTacticalR

I don't think you should kiss just anyone's badge.

Air hostess clique

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 23:48 - Sep 18 with 5980 viewsToast_R

If I were getting paid a few grand a week to wear it I'd kiss it too. Means fckall in the grand scheme of things.
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 23:59 - Sep 18 with 5954 viewsBoston

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 23:18 - Sep 18 by TacticalR

I don't think you should kiss just anyone's badge.

But I'm a lovable rogue.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 03:44 - Sep 19 with 5809 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I suspect those moaning about this are the same who moaned when SWP didn't celebrate scoring the winner against his former club where no doubt, he still had friends.

Can't have it both ways, and if Manning is giving his all for RUFC, then I say well done to him. I'd expect nothing less of him as I am sure we expect of the two we have currently on loan with us; fully committed professionals regardless of whether they snog the badge or not.

I only hope RM comes back to us after a successful spell with RUFC. Good player there, would be disappointed if we lost him.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 05:24 - Sep 19 with 5770 viewstimcocking

This would appear to be Ryan saying up yours to the QPR powers that be. Don't blame him for being p!ssed off. He's absolutely shown enough that he should be in our squad still. He's got an eye for goal, the single most important attribute a player can have, good engine, versatile. It's a bloody joke how he's been treated and he has every right to feel aggrieved.

That said, mountain out of a molehill. We all know they fcuked up releasing him on loan so early (one of many recent errors), let's hope he continues to do well and we get him back a better player. Nothing to be upset about.
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 05:48 - Sep 19 with 5759 viewsBlackCrowe

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 03:44 - Sep 19 by PlanetHonneywood

I suspect those moaning about this are the same who moaned when SWP didn't celebrate scoring the winner against his former club where no doubt, he still had friends.

Can't have it both ways, and if Manning is giving his all for RUFC, then I say well done to him. I'd expect nothing less of him as I am sure we expect of the two we have currently on loan with us; fully committed professionals regardless of whether they snog the badge or not.

I only hope RM comes back to us after a successful spell with RUFC. Good player there, would be disappointed if we lost him.

Kissing the badge is tw*ttish almost always. Exceptions just about for those that have come through the ranks of the club or who have supported or grown up in the locale.

Hope this helps.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 07:06 - Sep 19 with 5642 viewsloftboy

Rowlands against Brentford was impressive

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 07:15 - Sep 19 with 5639 viewsdaveB

I doubt much thought went into it, he scored the winning goal against a good side so celebrated. I don't think it's too much of an issue really
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 07:27 - Sep 19 with 5608 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 05:48 - Sep 19 by BlackCrowe

Kissing the badge is tw*ttish almost always. Exceptions just about for those that have come through the ranks of the club or who have supported or grown up in the locale.

Hope this helps.

I wasn’t advocating either way, merely suggesting I prefer my players - loaner or otherwise - to show their commitment with their boots.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 08:04 - Sep 19 with 5538 viewsWokingR

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 23:48 - Sep 18 by Toast_R

If I were getting paid a few grand a week to wear it I'd kiss it too. Means fckall in the grand scheme of things.

Go on then

Surely you have some standards
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 08:31 - Sep 19 with 5476 viewsNorthernr

Jesus Christ, are we really that short of things to worry about?
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 08:36 - Sep 19 with 5462 viewsWokingR

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 08:31 - Sep 19 by Northernr

Results have been good lately
What else are we supposed to bicker about ?
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 08:38 - Sep 19 with 5454 viewstoboboly

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 08:31 - Sep 19 by Northernr

The biggest concern in all of this is the fact that he is tearing the Championship apart (relatively speaking) for someone else. I am less ok with that.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 08:57 - Sep 19 with 5424 viewsNorthernr

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 08:38 - Sep 19 by toboboly

The biggest concern in all of this is the fact that he is tearing the Championship apart (relatively speaking) for someone else. I am less ok with that.

While our central midfielders are playing poorly. Yeh, that's worth being annoyed about.
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 09:01 - Sep 19 with 5404 viewstoboboly

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 08:57 - Sep 19 by Northernr

While our central midfielders are playing poorly. Yeh, that's worth being annoyed about.

Still completely amazed that Schteve (or anyone in the coaching staff) reckons Cousins is better. Something isn't right in all of this.

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 09:33 - Sep 19 with 5342 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 09:01 - Sep 19 by toboboly

Still completely amazed that Schteve (or anyone in the coaching staff) reckons Cousins is better. Something isn't right in all of this.

There are often strange/unpopular decisions made when a new manager comes in. JFH with Faurlin and Hill comes to mind.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 09:34 - Sep 19 with 5335 viewsToast_R

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 08:04 - Sep 19 by WokingR

Go on then

Surely you have some standards

Mate, for 5k a week, I'd wear a pink dress on the street for 5 hours a day no problem.
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 09:46 - Sep 19 with 5313 viewstoboboly

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 09:34 - Sep 19 by Toast_R

Mate, for 5k a week, I'd wear a pink dress on the street for 5 hours a day no problem.

He asked for something more demeaning than that though!

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 09:55 - Sep 19 with 5297 viewsQPR_Jim

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 09:34 - Sep 19 by Toast_R

5k a week and you won't even do a 7.5hr day!
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 10:12 - Sep 19 with 5254 viewsTrom

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 09:01 - Sep 19 by toboboly

Cousins is a more defensive player. Given we are playing Eze and Freeman we need a solid defensive player in the middle of the park. I can't see how Manning would be accommodated in the starting line up currently.

So I reckon it makes good sense to have him out on loan where he can develop his game at Championship level rather than sitting on our bench making occasional cameos.

Also, I'm hoping we've not seen the best of Cousins. He's been very injury hit since joining us. His was a signing I really liked the look of at the time.
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 10:22 - Sep 19 with 5238 viewsMaggsinho

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 10:12 - Sep 19 by Trom

Cousins is a more defensive player. Given we are playing Eze and Freeman we need a solid defensive player in the middle of the park. I can't see how Manning would be accommodated in the starting line up currently.

So I reckon it makes good sense to have him out on loan where he can develop his game at Championship level rather than sitting on our bench making occasional cameos.

Also, I'm hoping we've not seen the best of Cousins. He's been very injury hit since joining us. His was a signing I really liked the look of at the time.

Yeah he looked great against us when playing for Charlton. Like you say he's been in and out with injury and played at right back occasionally so has hardly been settled. Hopefully we'll see more from him after a run in the side.
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 10:42 - Sep 19 with 5210 viewsPinnerPaul

It amazes me that in 2018 fans still think players are fans of the club they play for.

My 2nd amazed moment of the day is after a week or so off here, the obsession that is Ryan Manning continues.
Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 11:25 - Sep 19 with 5123 viewskensalriser

Manning kissed the badge after scoring a penalty for Rotherham on 23:15 - Sep 18 by queensparker

Anyone getting angry and personal about this on Twitter needs to get a few more years under their belt.

Trust me once you get past 40 you won't give a f--k.

Fair play to Ryan he's there for a while why not get the fans onside?

I was thinking more like a quarter of that, if your age is into double digits.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024