Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Full house for Bristol City game Saturday 03:38 - Aug 15 with 8822 viewsgr1

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/over-20-000-fans-set-for-qpr-showdown/

OVER 20,000 FANS SET FOR QPR SHOWDOWN
A guaranteed 20,000 supporters will pack Ashton Gate for the visit of QPR this weekend.

It's full focus on the Sky Bet Championship after Tuesday night's Carabao Cup exit via penalties, with Mark Warburton's side in BS3 just four days later.

Saturday's fixture is matchday three of the 2019/20 campaign - City's second game at home - and supporters have been snapping up their City v QPR tickets for just £10 thanks to a special Members offer.
Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 05:42 - Aug 15 with 6104 viewssmegma

Matchday three??

Another reason to hate modern football.
Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 07:26 - Aug 15 with 5967 viewsWalnut

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 05:42 - Aug 15 by smegma

Matchday three??

Another reason to hate modern football.

As of yesterday morning, we'd sold 1400 of our 1500 tickets.
Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 07:28 - Aug 15 with 5967 viewsGetMeRangers

And good turn out from the Rs. Less than 100 tickets left of 1500 as of yesterday pm when I hot three. Even though official site still says 100 left
Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 07:28 - Aug 15 with 5964 viewsstowmarketrange

That’s a bad sign if they have to sell tickets at only £10 for their 2nd home game.And in the summer too.
How much will they be on a cold Tuesday night in November?
Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 07:37 - Aug 15 with 5928 viewsGloucs_R

Us taking 1400, that's not great. They brought roughly the same on Tuesday and Huddersfield brought 1800 last week. Even Fulham took 1800 away to their first game this season.

I'm away this weekend, which really hacks me off as it's the closest game to me.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 07:39 - Aug 15 with 5921 viewsPunteR

Konks fund raising scheme in full effect!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 07:43 - Aug 15 with 5908 viewsboysfromthebush

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 07:37 - Aug 15 by Gloucs_R

Us taking 1400, that's not great. They brought roughly the same on Tuesday and Huddersfield brought 1800 last week. Even Fulham took 1800 away to their first game this season.

I'm away this weekend, which really hacks me off as it's the closest game to me.

I think 1400 is great support? Also Bristol City brought around 800 on Tuesday night?

Trains are pricey to Bristol and it's holiday season.
Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 07:49 - Aug 15 with 5892 viewsKonk

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 07:39 - Aug 15 by PunteR

Konks fund raising scheme in full effect!

There's still some availability, mate!

I'm actually taking my son to the Gate for the first time on Saturday. Reckon he'll probably end up supporting City, so I'm going to start taking him down there when we have a free weekend in Bristol. Although if Rangers win 8-0 or he likes your kit or something, he might end up an R. I hadn't thought of that...

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 08:02 - Aug 15 with 5839 viewsDevon_4_England

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 07:49 - Aug 15 by Konk

I'm actually taking my son to the Gate for the first time on Saturday. Reckon he'll probably end up supporting City, so I'm going to start taking him down there when we have a free weekend in Bristol. Although if Rangers win 8-0 or he likes your kit or something, he might end up an R. I hadn't thought of that...

Here for the Rangers...you’re only here for the Rangers...

Enjoy the game Konk - Rangers and you know you are !
Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 08:03 - Aug 15 with 5835 viewsGetMeRangers

The allocation is 1500... Which will all sell.
And given the Rs record on the road of recent years, slightly amazed many brave away days
The team has been a joy to watch this year, from a footballing POV... Can't remember when I was last looking to see what opportunities I have to get to watch them....
Obviously, Leeds would take 76,054 to BCFC... They're massive, don't you know
Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 08:07 - Aug 15 with 5816 viewsDevon_4_England

City used the game to push their Membershio sales...buy a Membership and get a QPR ticket for £10
Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 08:15 - Aug 15 with 5785 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I think 1400 is a good turnout.
We only had 1500 and looks like we will sell them.
Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 08:31 - Aug 15 with 5737 viewsRblockPrior

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 08:15 - Aug 15 by CroydonCaptJack

I think 1400 is a good turnout.
We only had 1500 and looks like we will sell them.

Ashton gate holds 4200 away fans, the only reason we have not been offered that is we haven't sold our initial allocation which was 1500, had we then we would have been given the bigger allocation. 1400 is not bad, but we definitely have one of the lowest away numbers in the championship, however that is largely to recent years I believe.
But all in all we don't have that big of a fan base, you only need to look at home attendances etc for that to be proven.

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 08:35 - Aug 15 with 5723 viewsWatford_Ranger

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 08:31 - Aug 15 by RblockPrior

Ashton gate holds 4200 away fans, the only reason we have not been offered that is we haven't sold our initial allocation which was 1500, had we then we would have been given the bigger allocation. 1400 is not bad, but we definitely have one of the lowest away numbers in the championship, however that is largely to recent years I believe.
But all in all we don't have that big of a fan base, you only need to look at home attendances etc for that to be proven.

Don’t we have to pay up front beyond the ‘initial’ allocation? Can understand the club not taking that chance all things considered. Not sure I’d have bothered if we’d got stuffed in the previous games but looking forward to it. Don’t think I’ve ever seen us win there.
Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 08:36 - Aug 15 with 5714 viewsWatford_Ranger

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 07:28 - Aug 15 by stowmarketrange

That’s a bad sign if they have to sell tickets at only £10 for their 2nd home game.And in the summer too.
How much will they be on a cold Tuesday night in November?

Alternatively...

A good chance to attract neutrals/randoms/lost fans in a fixture where the home team have a good chance of winning, the weather being good and making you want to come along again to stump up £27 a pop.
Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 08:43 - Aug 15 with 5685 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 08:35 - Aug 15 by Watford_Ranger

Don’t we have to pay up front beyond the ‘initial’ allocation? Can understand the club not taking that chance all things considered. Not sure I’d have bothered if we’d got stuffed in the previous games but looking forward to it. Don’t think I’ve ever seen us win there.

Yes, that being the case the club have been wise there.

I think if we continue our good start the numbers travelling away will increase.
We can definitely still muster numbers. Pompey away last season is a good example.
Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 09:05 - Aug 15 with 5621 viewsEsox_Lucius

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 08:43 - Aug 15 by CroydonCaptJack

Yes, that being the case the club have been wise there.

I think if we continue our good start the numbers travelling away will increase.
We can definitely still muster numbers. Pompey away last season is a good example.

I wonder what percentage of those have been back to see QPR since?

The grass is always greener.

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 09:11 - Aug 15 with 5596 viewsDejR_vu

Same as his dad then. Go on, admit it, you know you want to

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 09:42 - Aug 15 with 5516 viewsNorthernr

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 08:31 - Aug 15 by RblockPrior

For the Leeds game on opening weekend they had the front half of the away end fenced off and empty, and only gave Leeds 2,400. Presumably a police thing because obviously Leeds are massive and would have sold the whole end given the chance.
Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 09:48 - Aug 15 with 5495 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 09:05 - Aug 15 by Esox_Lucius

I wonder what percentage of those have been back to see QPR since?

I was there that day and there was a lot of old school Rangers there.
I never grudge those blokes a day out, given they have probably spent the years travelling up and down the country at some stage. I know I didn't grudge getting a few of my mates tickets for the playoff final when they didn't really come to QPR any more. I figured they had earned the credit over the years.

So what if they haven't been back since..
Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 09:58 - Aug 15 with 5468 viewsWilloW4

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 09:48 - Aug 15 by CroydonCaptJack

I was there that day and there was a lot of old school Rangers there.
I never grudge those blokes a day out, given they have probably spent the years travelling up and down the country at some stage. I know I didn't grudge getting a few of my mates tickets for the playoff final when they didn't really come to QPR any more. I figured they had earned the credit over the years.

So what if they haven't been back since..

Well said Croydon .. Totally agree.
Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 09:59 - Aug 15 with 5464 viewsKonk

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 09:42 - Aug 15 by Northernr

For the Leeds game on opening weekend they had the front half of the away end fenced off and empty, and only gave Leeds 2,400. Presumably a police thing because obviously Leeds are massive and would have sold the whole end given the chance.

I think Leeds usually do the full 4,000 in the Atyeo. Trouble last year with Swansea and Millwall has led to the police suggesting reduced away allocations for potentially difficult fixtures. I think a lot of City fans have also been critical of their club giving 4,000 tickets to the away team in terms of making it a more experience for visiting sides.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 10:00 - Aug 15 with 5463 viewsNorthernr

TBF I much prefer the 700-1400 we've got going away from home now than the 2500-4000 that suddenly latched onto us in the recent Premier League seasons, bringing all their expectations, abuse and cocaine with them. Much more supportive of the team and the away end doesn't feel like it could fcking go off at any moment.
Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 10:07 - Aug 15 with 5442 viewsDannyPaddox

Have a cracking day out. Hope the weather’s nice.

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 10:11 - Aug 15 with 5424 viewsMick_S

Full house for Bristol City game Saturday on 09:59 - Aug 15 by Konk

I think Leeds usually do the full 4,000 in the Atyeo. Trouble last year with Swansea and Millwall has led to the police suggesting reduced away allocations for potentially difficult fixtures. I think a lot of City fans have also been critical of their club giving 4,000 tickets to the away team in terms of making it a more experience for visiting sides.

I wish we would do that, but I guess that every penny counts these days. I've suggested playing our home match with massive Leeds at their ground because their massive travelling culturally diverse, accepting, friendly support, would bring the country to a standstill coming to that London, because they are massive. I've also asked for it to be televised simultaneously by every company in the country that has a sporting channel. A few big screens around the whole of the north would also help.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2019 11:38]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024