Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players 16:38 - Mar 20 with 5932 viewsnumptydumpty

I think would have been more satisfied with Warburton s share of blame.

He said he wanted and said at half time more intensity from the team.

So he gives it 10 minutes. Defensive errors and clearly lack of intensity blamed on the three players he took off, Gray, Amos and Dozzell.

His substitutions destroyed the intensity even more.

So he blames by his actions Amos Dozzell and Gray.

INCORRECT!!!

It was his decision to do that so by pissing off our two most improved players recently and one who has hardly got a look in recently through no fault of his own, what message has that sent out to our more improving players.

The statement Warburton needs to make before our next game is to send both Hendrick and Sanderson back to their parent clubs
. Nothing is to be gained for us in the long term for us with these two here.

Rest of season. Develop from within.

That philosophy had been working but the loan gambles need to be acknowledged as a complete failure and we need to prepare with guys that are likely to be here for next season

Was not happy with Warburton s interview

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 16:40 - Mar 20 with 3910 viewsPinnerPaul

He said we lose as a team - players and staff, told the players that he and his staff were poor as well as the team.

Must have been listening to a different interview.
Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 16:44 - Mar 20 with 3855 viewsnumptydumpty

But it was his inappropriate inability to get his desires through to the team and his substitutions that were the reason for the dreadful second half performance.

He did not say anything specific about his own shortcomings today.

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 16:50 - Mar 20 with 3788 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I will say that referring to Peterborough, a team that came in with a -46 goal differential, as "a dangerous team" made me roll my eyes.
Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 16:51 - Mar 20 with 3776 viewsPinnerPaul

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 16:44 - Mar 20 by numptydumpty

But it was his inappropriate inability to get his desires through to the team and his substitutions that were the reason for the dreadful second half performance.

He did not say anything specific about his own shortcomings today.

He said he was poor - not many managers say that in an interview.

Said it before but I don't buy this play well its the players, play badly its the manager - always down to both I feel.

You only have 3 subs, when you have 8 or 9 players having stinkers and the whole team not gelling, can you honestly say ANY 3 subs would have made much difference?
Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 17:09 - Mar 20 with 3685 viewsnumptydumpty

He subbed the best three players though.

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 17:10 - Mar 20 with 3663 viewsNed_Kennedys

The official post match interviews with Warbs are a waste of time: he is served up the easiest of questions every time which enables him to dictate the interview.

Would definitely asked him why he picked Sanderson instead of Barbet and what his thinking was to take the only two players who seemed to have scored for us in the last 2 months when we desperately needed goals.

Never going to happen though.
Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 17:20 - Mar 20 with 3602 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I'm guessing the post-match presser with West London Sport and others will be more revelatory.
Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 17:23 - Mar 20 with 3587 viewsLythamR

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 17:10 - Mar 20 by Ned_Kennedys

The official post match interviews with Warbs are a waste of time: he is served up the easiest of questions every time which enables him to dictate the interview.

Would definitely asked him why he picked Sanderson instead of Barbet and what his thinking was to take the only two players who seemed to have scored for us in the last 2 months when we desperately needed goals.

Never going to happen though.

Agree about these interviews being a waste of time, the correct questions are barely asked

My guess is Amos sub is quite a bit down to sports science same as previously. if thats the case if woud be really helpful for everyone concerned if it was clarified

Barbet is a real puzzler as is switching Dunne to the left of the three and Sanderson to the right, maybe it was to try and compensate for McCallum lack of experience but i am grasping really

Dozell had to come off in the last game as he was a red card waiting to happen and today he was pretty poor to say the least, the one i am really struggling with is Gray

The players have to take the majority of the blame here though he cant put the ball in the net or make the passes and crosses and cover the ground,
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 17:29 - Mar 20 with 3549 viewsDamo1962

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 17:23 - Mar 20 by LythamR

Agree about these interviews being a waste of time, the correct questions are barely asked

My guess is Amos sub is quite a bit down to sports science same as previously. if thats the case if woud be really helpful for everyone concerned if it was clarified

Barbet is a real puzzler as is switching Dunne to the left of the three and Sanderson to the right, maybe it was to try and compensate for McCallum lack of experience but i am grasping really

Dozell had to come off in the last game as he was a red card waiting to happen and today he was pretty poor to say the least, the one i am really struggling with is Gray

The players have to take the majority of the blame here though he cant put the ball in the net or make the passes and crosses and cover the ground,

Agree. Players have let the supporters down as much as MW. They love the adulation when they are doing well...so they can take some stick when it isn't. Luton and that Scrote of a manager, must be pissing themselves laughing after last week.
Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 17:32 - Mar 20 with 3515 viewsPunteR

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 16:40 - Mar 20 by PinnerPaul

He said we lose as a team - players and staff, told the players that he and his staff were poor as well as the team.

This is the interview I heard too.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 17:40 - Mar 20 with 3463 viewsnumptydumpty

As others said the QPR Interviewer allows Warburton time to do same safe responses over and over again.

Yes he should ask why Barbet not brought on when defence not working and why in particular both Gray and Amos taken off.

Don't buy this sports science nonsense as we had a dreadfully bad injury ridden season so clearly we need be aware more about this supposed more sophisticated approach.

Scotland have Dykes in their squad. That question needs a response also.

Also asking the reason why persisting with Hendrick above Johansen Dozell Ball etc.

Yes appreciate the answers given were easy to say given the nature of the questions.

Probably more appropriate questioning as opposed to safe question and answers from within not really worth listening to..
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 17:42]

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 17:45 - Mar 20 with 3437 viewsDannytheR

He's not going to publicly say he's dropped Barbet because he's leaving at the end of the season, is he?
Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 17:54 - Mar 20 with 3380 viewsLazyFan

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 17:45 - Mar 20 by DannytheR

He's not going to publicly say he's dropped Barbet because he's leaving at the end of the season, is he?

This.

I think this is the problem. Barbet has refused to sign and wants way more money (which he's probably worth to be fair). So, now the club sees what it's like without him. The problem is this has not killed our meagre play off changes.

At least now we can experiment as we are safe relegation and have zero chance of playoffs.
As I said before, 7th is our best hope.

zzzzzzzzzz

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 17:59 - Mar 20 with 3361 viewsnumptydumpty

But plenty Questions needed to be aske
d as said..

Not sure where the beliefs about Barbet leaving or wanting more money come from.

But the questions allow banal pointless answers

If Barbet wants to leave for more money I would respond by saying that.

Makes Warburton s decisions less baffling.

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 18:16 - Mar 20 with 3282 viewsMelakaRanger

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 16:40 - Mar 20 by PinnerPaul

And didn’t he say that the Boos from the crowd were deserved?

Comes to something when the clubs manager admits that the crowd booing was warranted.
Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 18:53 - Mar 20 with 3159 viewsHeadington

Really don't understand why he messed with the back 3. Thought he played Sanderson against Forest because he wanted more pace to counter the threat of their quick forwards. Sanderson played on left in that match. Today he played on right which meant more disruption to a settled back three.
Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 18:58 - Mar 20 with 3126 viewsthemodfather

injuries aside, few would have picked that 11, but from the off we were slow and posh were up for it.
Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 19:04 - Mar 20 with 3096 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/mark-warburton-reflects-on-peterborough-

Not sure he blames anyone over anyone. He's hurting as much as we are tonight. We have to get behind the manager and the team because you know that after such a horror run that we'll inevitably go and beat Fulham, Sheffield Utd twice and everyone else, and none of us will be able to explain that either.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 19:11 - Mar 20 with 3065 viewskensalriser

We're not going to beat Fulham or Sheff Utd.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 19:13 - Mar 20 with 3058 viewsLanhoop

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 19:11 - Mar 20 by kensalriser

We're not going to beat Fulham or Sheff Utd.

Or anyone else between now and the end of the season.
Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 19:17 - Mar 20 with 3025 viewsjohnhoop

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 19:04 - Mar 20 by bosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/mark-warburton-reflects-on-peterborough-

Not sure he blames anyone over anyone. He's hurting as much as we are tonight. We have to get behind the manager and the team because you know that after such a horror run that we'll inevitably go and beat Fulham, Sheffield Utd twice and everyone else, and none of us will be able to explain that either.

Would love some of whatever it is you're on Bosh.
Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 19:22 - Mar 20 with 2987 viewsngbqpr

I read the interview on the BBC website. He says poor performance = collective responsibility from him downwards, and acknowledges the boos were deserved and should be burning in the ears of players & management alike.

So I don’t get the OP.

Horrible day / result/ performance, MW at fault along with the team - but he certainly doesn’t hide from it.

Oh and on the Beeb, Mcann says we bossed the first half - which let’s face it, we did. I don’t believe anyone saw how this would play out after half an hour or so, or as Gray’s header hit the post.

What most surprised me was that uncharacteristically, I thought MW panicked with his choice of subs, rather than take five after the two in a minute madness.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 22:34 - Mar 20 with 2765 viewsRangersDave

I've heard too many platitudes from Warby Warbs, and even when he takes the blame, he doesnt take all of it.

FFS Warby, man up. It's your team, your in charge, you pick those 'players' , you agree (presumably) to Hendricks coming in etc, you choose who to take off and when (except injury caused) , you choose to not 'blood' any of the youngsters in the first team (remember Ray Jones anyone?), you choose how to play (again injuries etc), and you bloody take the brickbats when they are dished out to you and dont try to blame others.......its Your team. deal with it or get out before your pushed.

You have chosen time and again this season, poorly. Indeed if you were indiana jones you'd have turned to dust by drinking from the wrong cup.

The cup run was crap after so much hope (your team), the league position shows you have done quite well up to January (i'd say December myself) but you cannot push over the line.

Fecked off from Cheshire!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 22:45 - Mar 20 with 2738 viewsnix

I thought he absolutely shared the blame. He fronted up. And admitted that he got things wrong, the team stank and he understood why the crowd booed. Not sure what else he can say. I don't think any managers going to say too much about why he didn't play particular players/formations.

It was poor today and I don't think he's got it right for a while. But he's not denying it.

I'd like to see more animation from the bench. Don't understand why our management/coaching team don't get more involved during the matches.

Not sure though why the wheels have so comprehensively fallen off since January. It's baffling tbh.
Warburton interview seems to place blame on the players on 23:07 - Mar 20 with 2692 viewsLowerloftLad

The Amos for Hendricks Sub was such a low moment. It was so bad it gave me flashbacks vauxhall moters. Also it seemed to me like time just dragged if it was not for the pigeons and there fantastic displays today im sure i could have made it through.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024