Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. 22:22 - Apr 5 with 6399 viewsted_hendrix

I, know It's a negative thread and all that but as well as becoming comfortably numb I'm a wee bit negative.
(Not loanee's Obviously).

Austin
Adomah
Wallace
Johansen

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 06:35 - Apr 6 with 1634 viewsDamo1962

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 23:06 - Apr 5 by CliveWilsonSaid

Is George Thomas any better than Conor Washington?

That's what I keep asking myself. He's not shown it if he is.

Washington did score a few goals as well.Thomas needs to start showing he can do it at this level, and given a run in the side. Like you, I worry he may be another one who is over-rated rated by some.
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 06:39 - Apr 6 with 1606 viewsDamo1962

Think all the loans can go back as well. Big job to turn this around.
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 07:26 - Apr 6 with 1546 viewsdistortR

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 23:50 - Apr 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Missed tonight's game as well.

The heat came on, and I've been nowhere to be seen.

Where's the door?

I mean mate, if it's a time thing, couldn't you just commentate on our goal scoring opportunities? That would give you approximately 88 minutes where you can do your own thing with half an ear on the match.
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 08:00 - Apr 6 with 1479 viewsswisscottage

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 06:35 - Apr 6 by Damo1962

Washington did score a few goals as well.Thomas needs to start showing he can do it at this level, and given a run in the side. Like you, I worry he may be another one who is over-rated rated by some.

Washington got a long run of games to prove himself (or not).

Thomas has not had that.
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 08:20 - Apr 6 with 1444 viewsDannyPaddox

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 22:34 - Apr 5 by qprxtc

Jim Morrison
Ted Moult
Billy Bifolds
Diana Fluck

Still think Morrison can break on through to the other side. Agree with the rest of the list but I’d add Aldous Huxley.
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 08:25 - Apr 6 with 1435 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 06:35 - Apr 6 by Damo1962

Part of the reason Washington got so many games was because he was always fit and available when many of his teammates weren't. This hasn't been the case with George until recently.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 08:36 - Apr 6 with 1415 viewsTheChef

List of players and and when their contracts expire - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/queens-park-rangers/kader/verein/1039/saison_id/

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 08:52 - Apr 6 with 1376 viewsRangersw12

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 08:36 - Apr 6 by TheChef

List of players and and when their contracts expire - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/queens-park-rangers/kader/verein/1039/saison_id/

Worrying that Willock only has a year left on his contract
Login to get fewer ads

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 08:54 - Apr 6 with 1369 viewsDorse

Don't know who should go, as such. There are a couple whose roles I don't get. For example, Hendrick. I don't doubt he's a good player, I just don't get where he fits in here. I would (sort of) understand Sanderson, if it wasn't for the fact we had to loan out De Wijs to make space for him. Do either of them provide significant upgrades to the team? The back line feels disjointed with Sanderson in it; likewise the midfield with Hendrick.

As I said, not bad players necessarily but the right fit? Questionable.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 08:57 - Apr 6 with 1358 viewsParkRoyalR

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 06:30 - Apr 6 by Damo1962

At least Gray has a good game 1 in 4...Dykes can only dream of that kind if statistic. But therein lies the problem, that one ropey striker is better than the other two. Young ,fit and energetic players are what we need to avoid a battle at the other end of the table next year. We went for it, and have failed. Time for a bit of pragmatism - and take a look at what Luton and Millwall seem to be doing right on scant resources.

The same scant resources Warburton is working with!
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 09:35 - Apr 6 with 1299 viewsTheChef

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 08:54 - Apr 6 by Dorse

Don't know who should go, as such. There are a couple whose roles I don't get. For example, Hendrick. I don't doubt he's a good player, I just don't get where he fits in here. I would (sort of) understand Sanderson, if it wasn't for the fact we had to loan out De Wijs to make space for him. Do either of them provide significant upgrades to the team? The back line feels disjointed with Sanderson in it; likewise the midfield with Hendrick.

As I said, not bad players necessarily but the right fit? Questionable.

I think it's always difficult to get in the right players in the January window. MW felt the squad needed strengthening for the play off push (quite rightly) and he saw Hendrick and Sanderson as the best players available to us at the time. Unfortunately it hasn't worked out.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 09:37 - Apr 6 with 1294 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 08:52 - Apr 6 by Rangersw12

Worrying that Willock only has a year left on his contract

I’d imagine we have a Hoo’s year option on top of that.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 10:08 - Apr 6 with 1214 viewsCamberleyR

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 09:37 - Apr 6 by CliveWilsonSaid

I’d imagine we have a Hoo’s year option on top of that.

I'd imagine we do as well but the first thing the board should be doing now is getting a new minimum three, but better a four year contract for him sorted out. Willock I think will be our next eight figure sale but to achieve that we need him tied down to a new, longer deal.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 10:10 - Apr 6 with 1200 viewsDamo1962

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 08:00 - Apr 6 by swisscottage

Washington got a long run of games to prove himself (or not).

Thomas has not had that.

That's what I said.
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 10:12 - Apr 6 with 1190 viewsDamo1962

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 08:57 - Apr 6 by ParkRoyalR

The same scant resources Warburton is working with!

Which is what I meant. Should have made it clearer.
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 10:27 - Apr 6 with 1159 viewsterryb

Apart from the players out of contract (will any of them be here next season?), I can't see any realistic offers being made for our players.
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 10:28 - Apr 6 with 1157 viewsParkRoyalR

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 10:12 - Apr 6 by Damo1962

Which is what I meant. Should have made it clearer.

Yes and Millwall are below us and Luton are on a good run but will drop away as they are a poor side.

I know all sides have injuries but SteveC called it right on his earlier post, we were the sum of our best 11 parts and when 2 of those are missing (an in-form SJ and Willock being out) the drop-off in our ability to create is massive.
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 10:29 - Apr 6 with 1157 viewsCamberleyR

Sad to see the negativity shown towards Johansen on here. Yes he hasn't lived up to standards of his loan period and he's had a disappointing season but I believe he has struggled with his overall fitness since the autumn.

He limped off injured at West Brom in late September (just after they equalised) with what looked like a hamstring strain. He missed the midweek game following but probably shouldn't have played the following weekend given there was an international break coming up but did and didn't finish the game. I think ever since then he's been playing catchup with his fitness and has never managed to be quite 100%.

I still think he has a lot to offer. He's only 31 so not exactly ancient and it's very easy to say yes just ditch all the over 30s but you still need some experience around the squad. We definitely do need some young legs in the squad in the summer though to freshen it up.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 10:46 - Apr 6 with 1108 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Austin - Just pay up his contract and push him out the door.
Johansen - See above.
Dykes - Just not good enough but we might get a few quid for him.
Odubajo - Too inconsistent. Not good enough defensively

All loans to go back.

I’d probably just about keep Albert and Wallace as back up and because you can’t get rid of tooooo many all at once.

With the clubs financial ethos and losses over the COVID period we will probably sell one of Dickie, Chair or Willock. I’d do whatever possible to keep Willock.
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 10:53 - Apr 6 with 1085 viewsdmm

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 08:20 - Apr 6 by DannyPaddox

Still think Morrison can break on through to the other side. Agree with the rest of the list but I’d add Aldous Huxley.

So you don't want a brave new world?

Reginald Bosanquet has had his day.
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 10:56 - Apr 6 with 1071 viewsQPREvo

Wallace - But that would mean we need 2 LB's as McCallum would be heading back to Norwich

Johansen - Just doesn't seem bothered. Give Field the captains armband (the only one who showed some fight last night IMO)

Austin - Probably the highest earner. Would rather Bonne as a squad player instead and save on the wages.

Dickie - Try and get a half decent fee for him (2-3mil), maybe from a relegated prem team?
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 12:00 - Apr 6 with 979 viewsMelakaRanger

The board need to be ruthless if promotion is still their aim. Ruthless with both the players and the management as both have shown that they don't have what it takes to make a 'proper' consistent promotion performance.

Having blown it this season I suspect next year is a regrouping with another push in 23/24. New manager, new players & if big cash is offered for the likes of Willock, Dieng etc then take it and rebuild (again)

If I had to get rid of just 4

Loans all to go back.

Austin - sorry Chaz but you just arent good enough anymore
Thomas - another Conor Washington
Moses - not consistent enough
Chair - cash in while we can

But I think we need to get rid of more - like Wallace, Dykes, Bonne

No more 'oldies but goldies' players to be brought in. There must be other Willocks out there

Too many times this year we have been shown to be slow, lumbering, lathargic. We need energy in the team.
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 12:32 - Apr 6 with 903 viewscorse

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 10:46 - Apr 6 by Beckenhamhoop

Austin - Just pay up his contract and push him out the door.
Johansen - See above.
Dykes - Just not good enough but we might get a few quid for him.
Odubajo - Too inconsistent. Not good enough defensively

All loans to go back.

I’d probably just about keep Albert and Wallace as back up and because you can’t get rid of tooooo many all at once.

With the clubs financial ethos and losses over the COVID period we will probably sell one of Dickie, Chair or Willock. I’d do whatever possible to keep Willock.

This
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 12:39 - Apr 6 with 894 viewsQPR_Hibs

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 10:27 - Apr 6 by terryb

Apart from the players out of contract (will any of them be here next season?), I can't see any realistic offers being made for our players.

In January everyone was worried about losing Dieng, Willock, Dunne, Dickie and Chair to any club that came along with a bit of cash. Now we're saying they're all worth Fck all?
We're on an awful run but that doesn't mean that all of our players are suddenly valueless.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 12:43 - Apr 6 with 879 viewsQPR_Hibs

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 12:00 - Apr 6 by MelakaRanger

The board need to be ruthless if promotion is still their aim. Ruthless with both the players and the management as both have shown that they don't have what it takes to make a 'proper' consistent promotion performance.

Having blown it this season I suspect next year is a regrouping with another push in 23/24. New manager, new players & if big cash is offered for the likes of Willock, Dieng etc then take it and rebuild (again)

If I had to get rid of just 4

Loans all to go back.

Austin - sorry Chaz but you just arent good enough anymore
Thomas - another Conor Washington
Moses - not consistent enough
Chair - cash in while we can

But I think we need to get rid of more - like Wallace, Dykes, Bonne

No more 'oldies but goldies' players to be brought in. There must be other Willocks out there

Too many times this year we have been shown to be slow, lumbering, lathargic. We need energy in the team.

"No more 'oldies but goldies' players to be brought in. There must be other Willocks out there."

Agree with this to a certain extent but we do need a bit of experience (Wallace or Johansen) in with the Willocks.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024