Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. 22:22 - Apr 5 with 6538 viewsted_hendrix

I, know It's a negative thread and all that but as well as becoming comfortably numb I'm a wee bit negative.
(Not loanee's Obviously).

Austin
Adomah
Wallace
Johansen

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 12:45 - Apr 6 with 1091 viewsdaveB

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 12:43 - Apr 6 by QPR_Hibs

"No more 'oldies but goldies' players to be brought in. There must be other Willocks out there."

Agree with this to a certain extent but we do need a bit of experience (Wallace or Johansen) in with the Willocks.

It's about getting the balance right, I think we may have gone too far the other way in the last few months but the start of last season we saw a very young inexperienced side get bullied most weeks until the older ones came in
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 12:52 - Apr 6 with 1044 viewsMrSheen

Unfortunately, we should be asking which of our players would anyone else take, and can we keep as many of them as we can.

Definitely
Dieng
Field
Dunne
Willock

Not so sure now
Dickie
Chair

Horses for (other?) courses
Dykes
Johansen

Apart from the loans and the contract expiries, we're stuck with the rest.
I'd keep Thomas and Moses, no longer sure about Albert
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 13:03 - Apr 6 with 1001 viewsBklynRanger

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 12:52 - Apr 6 by MrSheen

Unfortunately, we should be asking which of our players would anyone else take, and can we keep as many of them as we can.

Definitely
Dieng
Field
Dunne
Willock

Not so sure now
Dickie
Chair

Horses for (other?) courses
Dykes
Johansen

Apart from the loans and the contract expiries, we're stuck with the rest.
I'd keep Thomas and Moses, no longer sure about Albert

That looks about right to me. From Chair's reaction at the end in Clive's photos post I wonder if he feels he might be sold. Pure speculation.

Johansen has frustrated this season compared to last, no doubt about it, but I'd like to hold onto him - TRY to get him fit over the summer and start afresh. Still think he can offer the right experience and ability to the team.
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 13:05 - Apr 6 with 991 viewsterryb

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 12:39 - Apr 6 by QPR_Hibs

In January everyone was worried about losing Dieng, Willock, Dunne, Dickie and Chair to any club that came along with a bit of cash. Now we're saying they're all worth Fck all?
We're on an awful run but that doesn't mean that all of our players are suddenly valueless.

That is not what I was saying.

The club will have a value for each of the players & I don't see any other club offering that amount. The price that anyone is willing to offer for them would not be as high as it was in January.
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 14:35 - Apr 6 with 886 viewsRuislipHoop

DYKES
jOHANNSEN
WALLACE
GRAY
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 15:47 - Apr 6 with 814 viewsderbyhoop

There's a little thing called contracts.

Adomah, Wallace and Barbet are all out of contract, I believe. I wouldn't mind keeping Barbet but younger versions of the other 2 are required.
I can't see a role for Ball nor any of the emergency keepers nor Hendrick nor Sanderson.
Gray is ooc at Watford. If he'd accept QPR wages, I'd keep him.

Too many of the U23s, currently on.loan at National LeGue or below aren't going to be good enough.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 15:56 - Apr 6 with 810 viewsdaveB

from what I can tell the players out of contract are Wallace, Barbet, Ball, Thomas, Marshall, Westwood, Odubajo and Adomah.

Out of those I think I'd keep Barbet and Odubajo at the moment. I'm on the fence with Albert at the moment.

The keepers depend on budget, I think Walsh needs to be number 2 next year so depends on if Deing stays or not.
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 16:02 - Apr 6 with 794 viewsPinnerPaul

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 23:03 - Apr 5 by swisscottage

Barbet - I believe he's been good defensively, but I'm sick and tired of his aimless punts to nobody that just give the ball back to the opposition 9 times out of ten. People go on about his left foot, but its been shocking for as long as I can remember.

Wallace can go if we can keep Moses, sign McCallum ( cheap and take a risk because of injuries) and keep Albert for one more season... would need another right wing back.

Hendricks - totally and frickin useless waste of space.

Gray - has one good game in 4, and the other three you hardly notice he's on the pitch.

No way is this having a dig at you or Clive, but just as an example of how opinions differ is Clive saying yesterday that giving a Barbet a new contract in January was a 'no brainer'

Just to keep the peace I don't think its a 'pitchforks' decision either way!
Login to get fewer ads

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 16:05 - Apr 6 with 764 viewsPinnerPaul

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 23:40 - Apr 5 by ted_hendrix

I love Charlie to death and I've defended him on here numerous times but I've got no time for sentiment and I wan't him gone at the end of the season and yes I realise because of his contract that'll cost us cash that we can ill afford, similarly with Albert again It's over for him as far as I'm concerned lovelly bloke and all that but I wan't better on the pitch than a lovelly bloke and don't forget that this time next Year they'll be a a year older and a year slower.

Don't know If I was expecting too much from Johansen but I don't think he's come up to scratch.

These last few weeks have been disastrous, so I'm 'binning' this season and thinking ahead.

I've got no time for player sentiment, still got time for QPR though, players come and go.

EVERYONE, on and off the pitch, will be a year older this time next year Ted!
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 16:13 - Apr 6 with 740 viewsPinnerPaul

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 13:05 - Apr 6 by terryb

That is not what I was saying.

The club will have a value for each of the players & I don't see any other club offering that amount. The price that anyone is willing to offer for them would not be as high as it was in January.

As I've said before Willock has just had/about to have? an operation to repair a badly torn hamstring - he won't be playing competitive football again for 4 months - a big offer won't be made on that basis.

To a lesser extent the same applies to Dieng.
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 16:28 - Apr 6 with 718 viewsBklynRanger

Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 15:56 - Apr 6 by daveB

from what I can tell the players out of contract are Wallace, Barbet, Ball, Thomas, Marshall, Westwood, Odubajo and Adomah.

Out of those I think I'd keep Barbet and Odubajo at the moment. I'm on the fence with Albert at the moment.

The keepers depend on budget, I think Walsh needs to be number 2 next year so depends on if Deing stays or not.

Having slept on it I'd now like to keep Albert - I'm sure he'll be delighted to hear that news.

Ideally keep Moses too, both of them as back ups to a pair of expertly scouted, marauding full/wing backs - each a perfectly distilled blend of Taye Taiwo, Gino, Thundercat and Kyle Walker.

One full-body blood transfusion for Johansen, conjure up 15 million for new forwards while keeping Willock, Dunne and DeWeis at a minimum and we'll be fine. You R's.
Name Four Players You'd Show The Door At The End Of The Season. on 18:45 - Apr 6 with 614 viewsPastCaringNW2

I'd keep Adomah and Wallace if deals can be done that keep them around for 15 starts and some off the bench cameos. Which of course depends on who we sign as the preferred starters in the wingback roles

There is no one under contract for next season who I'd be desperately keen to see go but am assuming we have to bring in more than we spend this summer. So anyone with enough magnetism to attract a price tag north of £5m is likely to be on their way with our thanks ringing in their ears. Which sounds like Willock and Seny to me. Chair is still an Eze like season away from being in that category and I expect the club will stick on Dykes in case he has an eye catching world cup and he is a showpiece attraction in the Jan2023 transfer window.

So my four are ...

Seny and Willock for what I hope will be eye-watering good money.
Bonne for whatever can be recouped given how his L1 season has stalled
Hamalainan or Kakay to free up some salary for the newcomers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024