Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? 09:59 - Apr 11 with 3806 viewsSTID2017

I have started playing it the past couple of months.
There is far more to it than I imagined.
Skill and accuracy replaces speed, although " walking " is widely interpreted
If you haven't tried it, well worth a go.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 10:11 - Apr 11 with 2622 viewsKeithHaynes

Earlier this season the swans did it really well 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 10:16 - Apr 11 with 2620 viewsSTID2017

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 10:11 - Apr 11 by KeithHaynes

Earlier this season the swans did it really well 👍

I was waiting for that one !

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 10:36 - Apr 11 with 2589 viewsFireboy2

Builthy tried it and it nearly ruined him 🤣

I tried masters RL about 10 years ago, different coloured shorts for different ages which meant the older you are the less contact you could make to tackle a player but that went out of the window when 55+ year olds were putting big hits in 🤣

I was the same, just loved tackling but after a few games I binned it as I couldn't move properly for a week and i didnt want to get any serious injuries 😫
Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 10:36 - Apr 11 with 2589 viewsGixerJack

Never tried it but have thought about it several times as a means of getting a bit fitter. I’m not sure how much my knees and ankles would thank me though ☹️☹️
Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 10:40 - Apr 11 with 2585 viewsSTID2017

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 10:36 - Apr 11 by GixerJack

Never tried it but have thought about it several times as a means of getting a bit fitter. I’m not sure how much my knees and ankles would thank me though ☹️☹️

I am playing it twice a week and surprisingly ache the day after.
Lots of ex Welsh league and even ex professional players so their skill levels are still there to see

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 10:56 - Apr 11 with 2574 viewsbuilthjack

It about kills me. 2 hours solid. Twisting and turning v with my dodgy knees from my footie days.
It takes me all week to recover.
I do about 10000 steps in those 2 hours.
The walking from the younger ones is flat out, almost running.
You have to box clever with the passing and positioning.
We are the Barcelona type.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 11:17]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 11:11 - Apr 11 with 2552 viewsLorax

I'm sure you've said before but, where do you play?
Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 11:32 - Apr 11 with 2526 viewsnantywatcher

Love it - at times equally competitive to 'normal ' football. To cap things off I have been selected to represent Wales against England in an oldies international this week. Wish me, and us, the best of luck please.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 11:35 - Apr 11 with 2525 viewsRichardO

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 10:56 - Apr 11 by builthjack

It about kills me. 2 hours solid. Twisting and turning v with my dodgy knees from my footie days.
It takes me all week to recover.
I do about 10000 steps in those 2 hours.
The walking from the younger ones is flat out, almost running.
You have to box clever with the passing and positioning.
We are the Barcelona type.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 11:17]

2 hours seems a long time, an hour will do as it allows time to get a pint of lubricant in the second hour
Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 11:37 - Apr 11 with 2521 viewsTreforys_Jack

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 11:32 - Apr 11 by nantywatcher

Love it - at times equally competitive to 'normal ' football. To cap things off I have been selected to represent Wales against England in an oldies international this week. Wish me, and us, the best of luck please.

Awesome nanty, good luck buddy.
Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 11:38 - Apr 11 with 2521 viewsbuilthjack

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 11:35 - Apr 11 by RichardO

2 hours seems a long time, an hour will do as it allows time to get a pint of lubricant in the second hour

Our main man takes £10 off everyone, ready for a weekend in Spain in October. Oh dear.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 11:47 - Apr 11 with 2518 viewsSTID2017

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 11:11 - Apr 11 by Lorax

I'm sure you've said before but, where do you play?

Llandarcy on a Friday and Townhill on a Monday

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 11:49 - Apr 11 with 2514 viewsSTID2017

All the best.
Yes it is very competitive

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 11:56 - Apr 11 with 2509 viewsLorax

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 11:47 - Apr 11 by STID2017

Llandarcy on a Friday and Townhill on a Monday

Llandarcy academy? I might pop down for a look. I assume everyone wears plastic studs?
Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 12:02 - Apr 11 with 2507 viewsRichardO

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 11:38 - Apr 11 by builthjack

Our main man takes £10 off everyone, ready for a weekend in Spain in October. Oh dear.

Ah, I was wondering when and where the lubrication happened, now I know🙂
Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 12:07 - Apr 11 with 2502 viewsLorax

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 12:02 - Apr 11 by RichardO

Ah, I was wondering when and where the lubrication happened, now I know🙂

I don't worry about the lubrication any more, I take water with me. I even went relatively green and instead of plastic bottles I have a 1 litre insulated metal drinking bottle, not a thermos, one for cold water and I take tap water with me.
Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 14:34 - Apr 11 with 2450 viewsSTID2017

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 11:56 - Apr 11 by Lorax

Llandarcy academy? I might pop down for a look. I assume everyone wears plastic studs?

A mixture. Some wear trainers, some wear pimpled trainers and some wear long plastic studded trainers.
Normally 4.30 to 5.30 inside.
Very welcome.
Not sure if it will be on this Friday though ( as Swans playing and some may have family commitments).
Sorry yes the academy - inside
Feel free to PM me and I can put you in touch with the organiser.
Got a healthy squad but always looking for more ?
Also play proper 6 a side / 7 a side 8.00 p.m. on alternate Thursdays if you fancy a game ?
Pure Football, Mynnydbach
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 14:39]

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 14:37 - Apr 11 with 2437 viewsmax936

A butty of mine plays it, been sent off and as also fallen and broke his paw the dozy article

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 14:38 - Apr 11 with 2435 viewsmax936

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 11:37 - Apr 11 by Treforys_Jack

Awesome nanty, good luck buddy.

Seconded

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 14:42 - Apr 11 with 2428 viewsSTID2017

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 14:37 - Apr 11 by max936

A butty of mine plays it, been sent off and as also fallen and broke his paw the dozy article

A few have suffered injuries in my groups..
Yes in tournaments the rules are strict and it it quite easy to get sent off for running or fouling.
Also arguing or even questioning officials isn't tolerated ( so I have been told. Due to play in one in Neath next month)

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 14:53 - Apr 11 with 2417 viewsmax936

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 14:42 - Apr 11 by STID2017

Yes in tournaments the rules are strict and it it quite easy to get sent off for running or fouling.
Also arguing or even questioning officials isn't tolerated ( so I have been told. Due to play in one in Neath next month)

Im 61 got real issues with my right ankle though, gets really painful, need to see about it, but its a nightmare trying to get an appointment for anything these days.

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 15:05 - Apr 11 with 2401 viewsSTID2017

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 14:53 - Apr 11 by max936

Im 61 got real issues with my right ankle though, gets really painful, need to see about it, but its a nightmare trying to get an appointment for anything these days.

Hopefully once you are sorted you can join one of the local teams ?
Ages very in ours from 40 to 70 + and the skill level can be very high.

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 15:25 - Apr 11 with 2380 viewsvetchonian

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 14:42 - Apr 11 by STID2017

No godd Rooney taking it up then

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 15:27 - Apr 11 with 2378 viewsKilkennyjack

Congratulations.

Its us against them, so good luck mate.

Beware of the Risen People

Anyone On Here Tried Walking Football ? on 15:29 - Apr 11 with 2377 viewsSupport

I can recommend Man v Fat Football if you're trying to lose weight. You get allocated teams, weigh before each match and your weighloss goes towards your teams on-pitch score. The price is similar to slimming world I think so its not cheap. The swansea league seems to be run well so there's a waiting list. Each match has a ref and there can be a wide range of skill levels. Have to have an unfit BMI to join.

https://www.manvfatfootball.org/Leagues/FindALeague

Poll: Does my bum look big in this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024