Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( 19:00 - Apr 28 with 30105 viewsNorthernr

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:04 - Apr 28 with 8169 viewsRanger_Things

F ucksake Rangers.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:05 - Apr 28 with 8156 viewsRangersw12

At least people can give him a good send off tomorrow
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:06 - Apr 28 with 8130 viewsVancouverHoop

Stupid... stupid... stupid!
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:06 - Apr 28 with 8125 viewsfrancisbowles

Thank you MW, you gave our club back it's respect.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:06 - Apr 28 with 8123 viewsjohann28

Off for a walk so no one at home sees me crying. A truly terrible end to the season.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:08 - Apr 28 with 8093 viewsBasingstokeR

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:10 - Apr 28 with 8053 viewsSK_hoops

Did such a good job - most I've enjoyed watching us for a number of seasons. Sad to see him go...
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:10 - Apr 28 with 8049 viewsDejR_vu

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:12 - Apr 28 with 8014 viewsHarbour

Gutted by this .. thank you Mark for what you have done for this club in restoring pride and an attractive style of play finding talented players giving them game time which are seeing the fruits now. The season has not ended as we wanted but the improvement over the past 3 years is there to see. We gone from looking over our shoulder to the bottom 3 to challenging to top 6. Wish Mark the best for the future will always get a good reception if you come back.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:14 - Apr 28 with 7971 viewsAntti_Heinola

Really sad news. A genuinely good man, restored dignity to the club. An intelligent coach, who knew what he was doing, or trying to do, even when sometimes it didn't work. An excellent coach of players - countless players improved under him, something that hasn't happened for years at this club.

A real blow. From what I've heard through the grapevine, the board are as angry with the loss of form as the most vociferous members of this board, and that's a real shame.

I've always believed you only sack when hope is almost lost. We are so, so far from that it is untrue.

Very much doubt we'll get someone better.

Thanks for everything Mark.

Bare bones.

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:15 - Apr 28 with 7972 viewsLazyFan

They should let Eustace manage the team now for the last 2 games to see what he can do.

zzzzzzzzzz

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:21 - Apr 28 with 7863 viewsngbqpr

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:14 - Apr 28 by Antti_Heinola

Really sad news. A genuinely good man, restored dignity to the club. An intelligent coach, who knew what he was doing, or trying to do, even when sometimes it didn't work. An excellent coach of players - countless players improved under him, something that hasn't happened for years at this club.

A real blow. From what I've heard through the grapevine, the board are as angry with the loss of form as the most vociferous members of this board, and that's a real shame.

I've always believed you only sack when hope is almost lost. We are so, so far from that it is untrue.

Very much doubt we'll get someone better.

Thanks for everything Mark.

What Antti says.

So p issed off about this.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:22 - Apr 28 with 7851 viewsDannyPaddox

Thanks Mark Warburton for making me look forward to watching QPR for the first time in a good while. Lots of good memories from your too short stay.

This latest management change has made me wonder if social media had been around in the early 60s would Alec Stock had been given the time to build a double-promotion & Cup winning team before the voice of the numpty held sway.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:23 - Apr 28 with 7835 viewsDejR_vu

This is an act of self-harm.

This could go down as their biggest mistake and they've made some absolute whoppers.

Just about had enough.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:24 - Apr 28 with 7826 viewsLeedsR

Utterly, utterly ridiculous situation. I am so disappointed. An even worse end to the season than it already is. Warbs is a good honest man, who to my mind fit the bill at Rangers. Decent to a fault, protected his players and had a clear strategy and long term overview. The fact that in the statement there is this “The search for a new manager will now begin.” WHAT??? You’re saying you don’t have the successor already in place???

So we’ve binned the best manager we’ve had since Warnock (only without the financial backing) without having a replacement ready??!!??

Seems like somethings gone off behind the scenes that we clearly are not aware of.

Really, really unhappy about this.

Thank you Warbs for bringing some pride back to Rangers.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 19:25]
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:24 - Apr 28 with 7816 viewsQPRSteve

On the face of it this looks like a stupid, stupid decision. The only managerial appointment that the QPR board has made that has worked.

Who are they going to replace him with? Anyone worth their salt will be looking at bigger clubs than us.

This seems like a huge gamble to take.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:26 - Apr 28 with 7780 viewsCamberleyR

Stupid, brain dead decision. This has been handled by the club so badly. Warbs, an honourable man, has been treated very shabbily in my opinion. I think we'll be regretting this move.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:28 - Apr 28 with 7739 viewsSuffolk

We don't need a plan B. We just needed to do Plan A better. I actually feel quite angry with the board. Warburton developed players and made us attractive to watch. What did the board expect on a shoestring? I can't help feeling that the board have betrayed one of our own. I think it could be ugly if the new manager doesn't get off to a good start. Thank you and best wishes for the future Warbs.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:31 - Apr 28 with 7688 viewsNed_Kennedys

Probably the right decision IMO based on the woeful relegation form of the last 3 months.
This season will end with us no better off than last season and I’m not sure MW is the manager to turn it around: better to get someone new in ASAP rather than risk a continuation of recent form and a poor start to next season. Hopefully his replacement will at least try some of the Under 23 squad rather than fill the squad with the same old names week in week out.

Good luck to Warburton in the future, he’s done a good job overall but it’s a results business and they just haven’t been there for a prolonged period.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:32 - Apr 28 with 7674 viewsMelakaRanger

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:23 - Apr 28 by DejR_vu

This is an act of self-harm.

This could go down as their biggest mistake and they've made some absolute whoppers.

Just about had enough.

No not their biggest mistake. Nothing but nothing will ever go down as bad as appointing Mark Hughes.

That appointment was the root of everything that has gone bad at the club. Had Hughes never never been appointed in the first place then we would never have had Rednapp either. Between them they eviserated the club but Hughes was by far the worse thing that’s happened to this club in the 50 years I’ve supported them. And that includes appointing Paul Hart, selling Sir Les etc

Warburton leaves the club in a far better situation than when he arrived but I feel he’s taken us to the limits of his abilities. If the board want us to be a middling Championship club , that from time to time brushes with success then there’s unlikely anyone better than Warbs. But it’s likely this year will end up with us no better off than last year. His target this year was the playoffs. The board backed him in the summer and January transfer windows. He has not achieved his target so it’s time to move on.

Bottom line is that the board put a million quid each month into the black hole that is the QPR operational cost and they can’t keep doing that forever. Promotion is vital to them. So if they feel that Warbs isn’t the man to do it then so be it.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 19:44]
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:33 - Apr 28 with 7662 viewsflynnbo

Thanks Mark for putting a smile back on our faces when watching the Rs-well, for the majority of the time. Best wishes for the future.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:36 - Apr 28 with 7611 viewseastside_r

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:26 - Apr 28 by CamberleyR

Stupid, brain dead decision. This has been handled by the club so badly. Warbs, an honourable man, has been treated very shabbily in my opinion. I think we'll be regretting this move.

But we don't currently know why this is happening.

It seems something has gone on behind the scenes either between manager and team or between manager and his bosses.

I expect more (if not all) to come out in due course.

Thanks for the brilliant entertaining football in the calendar year 2021.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:37 - Apr 28 with 7583 viewsM40R

Poor decision and deserves a longer run.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:38 - Apr 28 with 7550 viewsdavman

Interesting quote in there that the next manager will maintain our style of play.

My wife asked what our style of play is and my son, quick as anything said "losing games". Let's hope that's not what they meant...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:39 - Apr 28 with 7539 viewsThe_Beast1976

I think history will show this is an absolutely catastrophic decision for the club. This board has a habit of completely fcuking things up though hasn't it??!! The only good appointment they've made since Warnock. The ONLY correct decision was another year at the helm. But no, they're back to form and fcuking it again (unless, of course, it was out of their hands and MW made the decision himself, but that seems unlikely)

Hopefully all of the above is proven to be b*llocks and we improve again next season, but I just can't see it. I think it's more likely we'll be fighting relegation next season than anything else
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 19:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024