Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( 19:00 - Apr 28 with 30550 viewsNorthernr

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:40 - Apr 28 with 2443 viewsRangersw12

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:31 - Apr 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Probably the right decision IMO based on the woeful relegation form of the last 3 months.
This season will end with us no better off than last season and I’m not sure MW is the manager to turn it around: better to get someone new in ASAP rather than risk a continuation of recent form and a poor start to next season. Hopefully his replacement will at least try some of the Under 23 squad rather than fill the squad with the same old names week in week out.

Good luck to Warburton in the future, he’s done a good job overall but it’s a results business and they just haven’t been there for a prolonged period.

Unless we win the last 2 and finish on more points than last season
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:41 - Apr 28 with 2429 viewsted_hendrix

'Better the devil you know than the devil you don't'

We move on and go again, with whom?

F uck knows.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:43 - Apr 28 with 2397 viewsQPR_John

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:26 - Apr 28 by CamberleyR

Stupid, brain dead decision. This has been handled by the club so badly. Warbs, an honourable man, has been treated very shabbily in my opinion. I think we'll be regretting this move.

Why has it been handled badly. Warburtons contract was up and not renewed he has not been sacked and has been allowed to manage the team for the last two games. You may not agree with the decision but to say the club has acted badly and that Warburton has been treated shabbily is hardly fair. For all we know it might well have been a mutual decision an actual mutual decision.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:46 - Apr 28 with 2349 viewskensalriser

Madness. Don't think I can be bothered going tomorrow now.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:47 - Apr 28 with 2346 viewsDejR_vu

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:31 - Apr 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Probably the right decision IMO based on the woeful relegation form of the last 3 months.
This season will end with us no better off than last season and I’m not sure MW is the manager to turn it around: better to get someone new in ASAP rather than risk a continuation of recent form and a poor start to next season. Hopefully his replacement will at least try some of the Under 23 squad rather than fill the squad with the same old names week in week out.

Good luck to Warburton in the future, he’s done a good job overall but it’s a results business and they just haven’t been there for a prolonged period.

Careful what you wish for

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:47 - Apr 28 with 2346 viewseastside_r

Just an observation (and a question?) to those of you more enthusiastic about MW than me.

Do we not think that his departure from us is similarly odd to his departure from previous employers - Brentford, Forest, GR? He does not seem to do a 'usual' sacking - perhaps there is something about the way he operates?

There always seems to be an element of mystery about these departures (and I am not a conspiracy theorist.)
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:47 - Apr 28 with 2337 viewsSuffolk

Says are lot about the depth of feeling for Warburton when we have had a truly awful run of results, lost any hope of the play offs and yet the fans are angry that he is going.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:48 - Apr 28 with 2334 viewsDejR_vu

Watch him go and get Blackburn promoted whilst we sink like a stone.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:49 - Apr 28 with 2313 viewsShotKneesHoop

It's the hope that kills you.

Bob Hope and No Hope.

I dread to think who's next and what dross they will bring in with them,
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 19:51]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:51 - Apr 28 with 2291 viewsRangersw12

Alot of support for Warburton on social media
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:52 - Apr 28 with 2275 viewsNorthantsHoop

Mark Warburton has been a great appointment, done very well in the 3 years he has been with us. I hope we give him a great send off tomorrow.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:54 - Apr 28 with 2232 viewskropotkin41

Truly mystifying and upsetting. Just watched the West London Sport interview, MW looked gutted, exhausted and a beaten man.

They say football is a results business, and yes we're on a sh*t run, but this man has got the team with the 7th cheapest squad in the Championship two top half finishes in a row, and even given us some moments when we could dream of more. Personally I don't think he's done badly at all.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:54 - Apr 28 with 2235 viewsjoe90

Like most on here I’m disappointed but I’m going to put my faith in the board. They brought in Warbs and have said they want to build on what he’s created. The next appointment will show what we’re about and if we’re heading in the right direction.

I hope those of us who are going tomorrow stick around at the end to show our appreciation for Mark and the team, whatever the result.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:54 - Apr 28 with 2227 viewsDannytheR

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:14 - Apr 28 by Antti_Heinola

Really sad news. A genuinely good man, restored dignity to the club. An intelligent coach, who knew what he was doing, or trying to do, even when sometimes it didn't work. An excellent coach of players - countless players improved under him, something that hasn't happened for years at this club.

A real blow. From what I've heard through the grapevine, the board are as angry with the loss of form as the most vociferous members of this board, and that's a real shame.

I've always believed you only sack when hope is almost lost. We are so, so far from that it is untrue.

Very much doubt we'll get someone better.

Thanks for everything Mark.

Worth bearing in mind that while the board (or one of them at least) are underwriting us financially, the same people also fcked up two separate stints in the Premiership, including one that had nothing to do with them in the first place. Many fans remain pretty angry with them for that too.

Sadly, we don't get the chance to sack them.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:55 - Apr 28 with 2213 viewsQPR_John

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:39 - Apr 28 by The_Beast1976

I think history will show this is an absolutely catastrophic decision for the club. This board has a habit of completely fcuking things up though hasn't it??!! The only good appointment they've made since Warnock. The ONLY correct decision was another year at the helm. But no, they're back to form and fcuking it again (unless, of course, it was out of their hands and MW made the decision himself, but that seems unlikely)

Hopefully all of the above is proven to be b*llocks and we improve again next season, but I just can't see it. I think it's more likely we'll be fighting relegation next season than anything else
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 19:47]

“ The ONLY correct decision was another year at the helm. But no, they're back to form and fcuking it again”

What if the opening games next season continue in the same form as this.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:56 - Apr 28 with 2191 viewsQPR_John

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:46 - Apr 28 by kensalriser

Madness. Don't think I can be bothered going tomorrow now.

Who do you support, the club or the manager
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:58 - Apr 28 with 2168 viewsNewYorkRanger

Ludicrous decision from my vantage point. Obviously I don't know what's happened behind the scenes but in terms of managers who a) want to come to QPR and b) can do a better job than MW that is a very short list - of approximately zero in my view.

I've supported this club for nearly 50 years and gone through periods of highs, lows, anger, agony, exhilaration and excitement. I'd fallen out of love with it all before MW came along. He and this team have got me right back into it.

Right now I feel empty. Gutted. Can't be arsed with the people running the club.

Best of luck for the future Mark. I'll be there tomorrow to show my appreciation

Glory hunter, me

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:00 - Apr 28 with 2140 viewsMatch82

I hope all those going tomorrow give him a rousing send off. Whether you think this is the time or not, what he helped this club achieve over the last few years in terms of results, playing style and player development, with the constraints we were under was remarkable. Thank you Mark.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:00 - Apr 28 with 2138 viewsTopCat34

I'll be honest I've not been MW's biggest fan recently and my opinion was that finishing lower than last season would be a failure. But saying all that, seeing this news I feel a bit gutted. Much more than I thought I would tbh.

I think the stability he has brought has been key, the best in 10 years and he is leaving this club in a much better position than when he arrived. Just hope that we can use these foundations and the board can make an appointment which fits us and takes us forward. This is Les's most important hire.

I'll be giving him a good send off tomorrow.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 20:01]
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:02 - Apr 28 with 2092 viewslongbottom

Fackin begggars belief
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:05 - Apr 28 with 2042 viewsactonman

I always thought it a strange decision when he left Brentford when they seemed to be doing ok … they moved on and progressed quite well I think , of course I have no faith in us having the same seamless transition.

It’s a tough one after the results of 2021 and easy to forget the back end of 2020 , not so easy to forget the quite spectacular implode this season
Gutted really as we are only short of about 6 to 8 points but losing twice to Peterborough , only taking 1 point from Barnsley along with some questionable performances and team selections have really hammered a few self inflicted nails home
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:08 - Apr 28 with 2013 viewsWatfordR

A poor end to the season, and now letting a popular manager go.

It's going to need to be some appointment to get those Season Tickets moving.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:12 - Apr 28 with 1955 viewsRs_Holy

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:08 - Apr 28 by WatfordR

A poor end to the season, and now letting a popular manager go.

It's going to need to be some appointment to get those Season Tickets moving.

FFS!....I dread to think who they will come up with???
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:22 - Apr 28 with 1859 viewsCamberleyR

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:12 - Apr 28 by Rs_Holy

FFS!....I dread to think who they will come up with???

Some unimaginative appointment from the managerial merry go round with our clueless board. I reckon it'll be Chris Hughton boring the tits off of everybody

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:24 - Apr 28 with 1825 viewsgobbles

A terrible decision and handled particularly horribly. The veil of pretence that the club is run by decent people falls away.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 20:39]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024