Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( 19:00 - Apr 28 with 30667 viewsNorthernr

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:24 - Apr 28 with 2165 viewsRangersw12

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:55 - Apr 28 by QPR_John

“ The ONLY correct decision was another year at the helm. But no, they're back to form and fcuking it again”

What if the opening games next season continue in the same form as this.

Then we get rid of him in November when the league shuts down for a month

He earnt another crack at it IMO
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:26 - Apr 28 with 2146 viewsaston_hoop

Gutted about this, he made supporting QPR something enjoyable again. A club to be proud of on and off the pitch. Hope he gets a wonderful send off tomorrow.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:27 - Apr 28 with 2129 viewsBedford_R

FFS. That is all I have to say.

RMH_R Reborn

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:27 - Apr 28 with 2122 viewsRs_Holy

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:22 - Apr 28 by CamberleyR

Some unimaginative appointment from the managerial merry go round with our clueless board. I reckon it'll be Chris Hughton boring the tits off of everybody

Big Sam is available
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:28 - Apr 28 with 2107 viewssixnil

Sad about this.
All the best Mark; thought you deserved another crack at it.
Thanks for the enjoyable football.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:29 - Apr 28 with 2093 viewsaston_hoop

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:27 - Apr 28 by Rs_Holy

Big Sam is available

I've just remembered Garry Monk exists and I don't feel good about it. The first bookies to put out their list of manager odds will really hit home what we've done here.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:33 - Apr 28 with 2036 viewsDejR_vu

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:27 - Apr 28 by Rs_Holy

Big Sam is available

Don’t say that. The Board will be sat reading this, Crayons at the ready, looking for ideas

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:34 - Apr 28 with 2027 viewstoboboly

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:24 - Apr 28 by Rangersw12

Agree. Deserved a summer to see if he could get things improving. If not you shake hands and walk away knowing everyone tried.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:35 - Apr 28 with 2024 viewsLogman

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:14 - Apr 28 by Antti_Heinola

Really sad news. A genuinely good man, restored dignity to the club. An intelligent coach, who knew what he was doing, or trying to do, even when sometimes it didn't work. An excellent coach of players - countless players improved under him, something that hasn't happened for years at this club.

A real blow. From what I've heard through the grapevine, the board are as angry with the loss of form as the most vociferous members of this board, and that's a real shame.

I've always believed you only sack when hope is almost lost. We are so, so far from that it is untrue.

Very much doubt we'll get someone better.

Thanks for everything Mark.

Nothing further to add from me. There was a lot more mileage to come from Warburton's QPR and we are in danger of undoing all his good work now.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:35 - Apr 28 with 2017 viewsPhildo

Well I personally have had enough of bloody football now for a while. Decent bloke and the manner of his departure has been very shabby. £40 quid for a warm pint of push in the blue and white shabby. Pishing about with the Stan Bowles stand shabby.

Shabby as fk.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:38 - Apr 28 with 1982 viewsted_hendrix

I'd like to read this thread again in a few Months time just to see If this is/was the right decision.

The club is more important than the individuals that represent It, christ on a bike we've served up some utter gonk on the pitch recently which I still don't understand, taking in to acount injuries etcetera, whilst In the play Offs position life was good but we couldn't sustain it so life wasn't so good anymore.

For what seems like ages now I've gone from wanting him gone to realising we really need to keep him, whether this is the right decision or not only time will tell.

The obsession with getting to the financial whorehouse that Is the Premiership continues.

We'll see.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:43 - Apr 28 with 1913 viewsPunteR

The club better have someone good lined up.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:45 - Apr 28 with 1875 viewsHooparoo

Where does it say he was sacked? How do we know it’s not mutual or even him deciding he’s had enough?

We’re all jumping to a lot of conclusions but one thing I do know - you don’t become successful in business by being sentimental or accepting failure. The owners pour millions into the club every week so to say they aren’t entitled to change something that isn’t working is wrong.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:47 - Apr 28 with 1859 viewsRs_Holy

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:43 - Apr 28 by PunteR

yeah right
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:52 - Apr 28 with 1800 viewsDejR_vu

I’m sure the DoF has got it under control

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:53 - Apr 28 with 1799 viewshertshoops

Because they've got an excellent track record at appointing managers
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:00 - Apr 28 with 1706 viewsHunterhoop

I’m in the minority, I know, but I’m okay with this.

There is stuff that has happened behind the scenes where Warbs got his way and it didn’t work out. He went against the board, was backed, but he then didn’t deliver. He’s had 3 full seasons and we’re likely finishing 12th. 13th, 9th, 12th, with a big sale in there and some real talent to work with.

I’m not saying he’s done a bad job or failed, but not do I think he’s done a stellar job. It’s not binary.

Obviously the next appointment is crucial, but I think there’s just as much chance we’ll improve as get worse.

Either way, we support the club not any individuals or our own entrenched positions.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:00 - Apr 28 with 1708 viewsToast_R

Well this sucks. You'd like to think a successor is more or less lined up as this derails any summer transfer proposals.

This board's record of twisting in similar situations is dire at the best of times.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 21:11]
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:00 - Apr 28 with 1699 viewsQPR_John

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:24 - Apr 28 by Rangersw12

So that would be the season over assuming we are not in a relegation fight.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:04 - Apr 28 with 1657 viewsbaz_qpr

Personally I would have given him a new contract, but I do also understand that sometimes to progress you have to move on and I really do hope that we are building on a platform and we are not just going for the "name" and changing 20 players.

I also suspect we dont have the full picture and these things tend to come out in time. It may just be that the cost of renewing and then maybe having to replace if we start the next season as we have ended this one is considered the bigger gamble.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:05 - Apr 28 with 1644 viewsdaveB

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:00 - Apr 28 by Hunterhoop

I’m in the minority, I know, but I’m okay with this.

There is stuff that has happened behind the scenes where Warbs got his way and it didn’t work out. He went against the board, was backed, but he then didn’t deliver. He’s had 3 full seasons and we’re likely finishing 12th. 13th, 9th, 12th, with a big sale in there and some real talent to work with.

I’m not saying he’s done a bad job or failed, but not do I think he’s done a stellar job. It’s not binary.

Obviously the next appointment is crucial, but I think there’s just as much chance we’ll improve as get worse.

Either way, we support the club not any individuals or our own entrenched positions.

It's crucial they get the appointment right this summer, I can see why they've done it but would have given him another year.

My biggest disappointment is the way it's been done
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:07 - Apr 28 with 1629 viewsMungoJezza

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:47 - Apr 28 by Rs_Holy

yeah right

Absolutely gutted by this decision! Have not felt so sad at a manager's departure since Gerry Francis in 2001, and that was mainly because he was my boyhood hero - I could see, deep down,that it was the right decision, as Gerry had clearly run out of ideas, energy, enthusiasm. Today's decision, in contrast, smacks of utter f***wittery by the board, and one that I think will haunt us in the future. Thank you Mark for restoring our pride in supporting this club, for the sublime football, for insisting on doing things the right way. Sadly, you are too good and too principled a man to thrive in this cut throat , 'win at all costs' era!
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:09 - Apr 28 with 1605 viewsbaz_qpr

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:05 - Apr 28 by daveB

It's crucial they get the appointment right this summer, I can see why they've done it but would have given him another year.

In what way? I think the fact the season starts so early and pre-season wont be long after the playoff finals means they need to act early. Warburton himself said publicly he did not think he was staying as there were no conversations and the club have then responded to that.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:10 - Apr 28 with 1592 viewsDannyPaddox

I hope it’s someone big …

… but not too big.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:11 - Apr 28 with 1584 viewsQPR_John

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:05 - Apr 28 by daveB

How has it been done. All I see is that Warburtons contract has not been renewed. He has not been sacked and in fact will stay for the last two games. That last fact alone suggests an amicable parting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024