Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( 19:00 - Apr 28 with 30725 viewsNorthernr

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:14 - Apr 28 with 2151 viewsToast_R

Interesting to see who the Sky cameras pan in on tomorrow night. Will there be a potential manager watching from the stands I wonder?

[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 21:18]
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:15 - Apr 28 with 2143 viewscolinallcars

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:14 - Apr 28 by Toast_R

Interesting to see who the Sky cameras pan in on tomorrow night. Will there be a potential manager watching from the stands I wonder?

[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 21:18]

Will there be anyone there at all ?
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:17 - Apr 28 with 2115 viewsdaveB

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:11 - Apr 28 by QPR_John

How has it been done. All I see is that Warburtons contract has not been renewed. He has not been sacked and in fact will stay for the last two games. That last fact alone suggests an amicable parting.

Was meaning the leaks, Ferdinands interview last night, Hoos the other week and him basically forcing the clubs hand today by saying he expects to go. I don't think this announcement happens if he didn't speak out today, all feel a bit shabby to me.

As I say though I hope they get it right, is a vital appointment
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:20 - Apr 28 with 2072 viewsdavman

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:05 - Apr 28 by daveB

It's crucial they get the appointment right this summer, I can see why they've done it but would have given him another year.

My biggest disappointment is the way it's been done

It is always crucial they get the appointment right whenever there is a managerial vacancy; that is just a statement of the bleedin' obvious!

We just don't have a very good track record. Since Olly took over the first time, I'd argue that we have only had a sustainable improvement twice - once when Warnock took over from Briatore and when Warburton took over from McLaren. That is it in nearly twenty years. There was possibly an arguable improvement when mad Olly took over from JFH, but other than that our club and its appointments have been crap.

So, frankly, we do not trust them to get it right.

What alarms me is that they have decided to part company with Warburton without (apparently) knowing who will take over. They will "consider candidates". Well f-me, if you are not sure who is takling over, how do you know parting with him is right.

To copy you daveb and state some bleedin' obvious stuff myself, only time will tell if this is the right decision. I can guarantee that WHOEVER takes this job on, the fanbase will be up in arms; there'll be loads and loads "not renewing" and many "disgruntled" fans, but the new man (it will be a man, right?) will have to hit the ground running.

Genuinely going to miss football when the summer comes even if I could do without the last two humiliations...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:22 - Apr 28 with 2056 viewshamptonhillhoop

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 20:27 - Apr 28 by Rs_Holy

Big Sam is available

Someone on twitter has already suggested him. And sherwood. And they weren't joking!
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:23 - Apr 28 with 2048 viewsQPR_John

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:15 - Apr 28 by colinallcars

Will there be anyone there at all ?

I suppose it lets Sky off the hook if the attendance is disappointing although I thought people wanted to be there to give Warburton a good send off
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:25 - Apr 28 with 2022 viewsaston_hoop

On the plus side, Alan Pardew has just been appointed manager of CSKA Sofia today. That feels like a safe distance

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:25 - Apr 28 with 2006 viewsDejR_vu

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:07 - Apr 28 by MungoJezza

Absolutely gutted by this decision! Have not felt so sad at a manager's departure since Gerry Francis in 2001, and that was mainly because he was my boyhood hero - I could see, deep down,that it was the right decision, as Gerry had clearly run out of ideas, energy, enthusiasm. Today's decision, in contrast, smacks of utter f***wittery by the board, and one that I think will haunt us in the future. Thank you Mark for restoring our pride in supporting this club, for the sublime football, for insisting on doing things the right way. Sadly, you are too good and too principled a man to thrive in this cut throat , 'win at all costs' era!

He’ll walk in to another job, with a better Board, and get them promoted.

Lessons learnt, my arse.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:27 - Apr 28 with 1990 viewsOldPedro

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:20 - Apr 28 by davman

It is always crucial they get the appointment right whenever there is a managerial vacancy; that is just a statement of the bleedin' obvious!

We just don't have a very good track record. Since Olly took over the first time, I'd argue that we have only had a sustainable improvement twice - once when Warnock took over from Briatore and when Warburton took over from McLaren. That is it in nearly twenty years. There was possibly an arguable improvement when mad Olly took over from JFH, but other than that our club and its appointments have been crap.

What alarms me is that they have decided to part company with Warburton without (apparently) knowing who will take over. They will "consider candidates". Well f-me, if you are not sure who is takling over, how do you know parting with him is right.

To copy you daveb and state some bleedin' obvious stuff myself, only time will tell if this is the right decision. I can guarantee that WHOEVER takes this job on, the fanbase will be up in arms; there'll be loads and loads "not renewing" and many "disgruntled" fans, but the new man (it will be a man, right?) will have to hit the ground running.

Genuinely going to miss football when the summer comes even if I could do without the last two humiliations...

Quote from the QPR website - “The search for a new manager will now begin as we look for a suitable candidate who will build on the style of play we have..”

This worries me, as it suggests we don't know who we want next. Surely, the club should know who they want before getting rid of MW??

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:27 - Apr 28 with 1976 viewsQPR_John

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:20 - Apr 28 by davman

“ I can guarantee that WHOEVER takes this job on, the fanbase will be up in arms; there'll be loads and loads "not renewing" and many "disgruntled" fans, but the new man (it will be a man, right?) will have to hit the ground running. ”

Are you really saying any reason for renewing is based on whether you like the manager rather than support for the team.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:28 - Apr 28 with 1973 viewscolinallcars

Bookies making Steve McClaren favourite…..
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:28 - Apr 28 with 1968 viewsnumptydumpty

Is it the first day of April !!!

Jesus

After so much progress and stability

The phrase he has taken us as far as we can go...

Well what's this next mysterious Joe Bloggs going to do.

Injuries and couple poor loans but generally it's been great. We mostly competitive and tbh we shooting above our station...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:29 - Apr 28 with 1948 viewsRangersw12

😬😬😬😬
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:32 - Apr 28 with 1902 viewsDejR_vu

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:11 - Apr 28 by QPR_John

How has it been done. All I see is that Warburtons contract has not been renewed. He has not been sacked and in fact will stay for the last two games. That last fact alone suggests an amicable parting.

WLS have been reporting this for a couple of weeks, the Board have said nothing until today when MW had to field questions and admit he’d had no talks so was assuming he’d be leaving. It’s embarrassing and undignified. Sums up the regime, no class.

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:33 - Apr 28 with 1885 viewslongbottom

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:28 - Apr 28 by colinallcars

Bookies making Steve McClaren favourite…..

If that’s supposed to be funny, it ain’t.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:34 - Apr 28 with 1868 viewsNorthernr

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:32 - Apr 28 by DejR_vu

WLS have been reporting this for a couple of weeks, the Board have said nothing until today when MW had to field questions and admit he’d had no talks so was assuming he’d be leaving. It’s embarrassing and undignified. Sums up the regime, no class.

I thought the TalkSport thing yesterday was poor. It's a golf day, they don't need to be there, we don't need to give that interview. Left Warbs to go out this morning and say "nobody's spoken to me so I presume I'm off". Not a good look at all, not right towards the guy.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:40 - Apr 28 with 1758 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Three things here.

First, I agree with those who think this was handled poorly. Very poorly, to be fair. Warburton deserved to be told of this some time ago, and the fans shouldn't be hearing from the manager that the board haven't been in touch about a new contract.

Second, I can see why the board would decide to change the manager. We've been playing poorly for four months now and while I admire Warburton as a person, while he seems to have done a fine job overall and while I've enjoyed most of the last three seasons more than the vast majority of the last fifty, the board have to decide whether a new manager can do better than the current one at this point in time, and - let's face it - there is an argument for 'yes' and an argument for 'no'. So, I can see why they might decide to change.

Third, there are so many things we as fans don't know, so many aspects to the manager's job we don't see - liaison with medical staff, board relations, staff relations, player relations, youth development targets, transfer policy interactions etc etc etc. We simply have no idea how Warburton performed in many of those sectors. No idea. It's always more complicated than we see.

Either way, I wish Mark Warburton nothing but the best, he rekindled my love for Rangers and brought it to heights not experienced for twenty-odd years, he helped us all get through the dark days of COVID and he did it all while remaining a Gentleman and a Professional of the highest degree. Thanks Mark.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:40 - Apr 28 with 1752 viewsNed_Kennedys

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:25 - Apr 28 by DejR_vu

He’ll walk in to another job, with a better Board, and get them promoted.

Lessons learnt, my arse.

Blimey can you possibly slag off the board any more?

Are you a QPR supporter or a Warburton supporter?
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:43 - Apr 28 with 1727 viewsDorse

I had a nets session last night and got whacked in the knackers by an inswinger from a first team bowler. Box notwithstanding, thus announcement feels eerily reminiscent of that experience.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:44 - Apr 28 with 1724 viewsSteveB

It's the DOF that needs replacing. The only move MW should have to be part of, is to replace LF as DOF & bring in his own replacement.

Flipping shambolic. I hate my club sometimes..
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:45 - Apr 28 with 1713 viewsDejR_vu

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:34 - Apr 28 by Northernr

I thought the TalkSport thing yesterday was poor. It's a golf day, they don't need to be there, we don't need to give that interview. Left Warbs to go out this morning and say "nobody's spoken to me so I presume I'm off". Not a good look at all, not right towards the guy.

It’s disgusting, particularly considering how principled MW is. He’s handled the whole thing with dignity and class. This Board don’t deserve him. Charlatans.

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:46 - Apr 28 with 1693 viewsDejR_vu

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:40 - Apr 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Go away you tit

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:47 - Apr 28 with 1690 viewsRangersw12

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:40 - Apr 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Do you actually trust this board to make the right appointment ?
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:49 - Apr 28 with 1643 viewsNed_Kennedys

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:46 - Apr 28 by DejR_vu

Go away you tit

Haha think you better give it a rest before you embarrass yourself any more.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:49 - Apr 28 with 1635 viewsCamberleyR

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:44 - Apr 28 by SteveB

It's the DOF that needs replacing. The only move MW should have to be part of, is to replace LF as DOF & bring in his own replacement.

Flipping shambolic. I hate my club sometimes..

You know you may have a point. I've stuck up for Les before now when some buffoons a few years back were giving it the 'Tottenham Les' and his Tottenham mates rubbish but maybe it should have been LF going rather than Warbs. I don't think Ferdinand comes out of this particularly smelling of roses.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024