Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( 19:00 - Apr 28 with 30556 viewsNorthernr

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:51 - Apr 28 with 2486 viewsdaveB

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:20 - Apr 28 by davman

It is always crucial they get the appointment right whenever there is a managerial vacancy; that is just a statement of the bleedin' obvious!

We just don't have a very good track record. Since Olly took over the first time, I'd argue that we have only had a sustainable improvement twice - once when Warnock took over from Briatore and when Warburton took over from McLaren. That is it in nearly twenty years. There was possibly an arguable improvement when mad Olly took over from JFH, but other than that our club and its appointments have been crap.

So, frankly, we do not trust them to get it right.

What alarms me is that they have decided to part company with Warburton without (apparently) knowing who will take over. They will "consider candidates". Well f-me, if you are not sure who is takling over, how do you know parting with him is right.

To copy you daveb and state some bleedin' obvious stuff myself, only time will tell if this is the right decision. I can guarantee that WHOEVER takes this job on, the fanbase will be up in arms; there'll be loads and loads "not renewing" and many "disgruntled" fans, but the new man (it will be a man, right?) will have to hit the ground running.

Genuinely going to miss football when the summer comes even if I could do without the last two humiliations...

stating the bleedin obvious is my middle name
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:51 - Apr 28 with 2486 viewsNottsQPR

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:47 - Apr 28 by Rangersw12

Do you actually trust this board to make the right appointment ?

I’ll say it again and for a variety of reasons, the only man for this job is Gareth Ainsworth.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:52 - Apr 28 with 2477 viewsDejR_vu

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:49 - Apr 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Haha think you better give it a rest before you embarrass yourself any more.

I refer to my previous answer

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:54 - Apr 28 with 2430 viewsJigsore

is Alan available

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:57 - Apr 28 with 2392 viewsRangersw12

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:51 - Apr 28 by NottsQPR

I’ll say it again and for a variety of reasons, the only man for this job is Gareth Ainsworth.

I'm not a fan of his style of football to be honest
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 22:00 - Apr 28 with 2351 viewsAntti_Heinola

No thanks.
I'd rather not have the usual suspects on this board and on social media ripping a club legend apart for his 'lack of game management', 'no plan B', etc etc.

Bare bones.

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 22:05 - Apr 28 with 2298 viewsDannytheR

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:40 - Apr 28 by Ned_Kennedys

Blimey can you possibly slag off the board any more?

Are you a QPR supporter or a Warburton supporter?

Are QPR and the board the same thing then?
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 22:15 - Apr 28 with 2224 viewsbosh67

F*****cK! Loved the guy. Loved the overall style of play. Thanks Mark!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 22:22 - Apr 28 with 2157 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:49 - Apr 28 by CamberleyR

You know you may have a point. I've stuck up for Les before now when some buffoons a few years back were giving it the 'Tottenham Les' and his Tottenham mates rubbish but maybe it should have been LF going rather than Warbs. I don't think Ferdinand comes out of this particularly smelling of roses.

Right from that interview where Les talked about Warburton rejecting a striker, he's been securing his own position. Agnostic about Warburton going; he's done a good job but we've been appalling since the end of January and you can't see him getting us beyond mid-table. Of course now the pressure is on the brains trust to come up with the man who will.....
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 22:23 - Apr 28 with 2157 viewsMyke

Kind of a difficult one for the board Notwithstanding that we have plummeted out of the play offs which must be a huge blow to them. But the run we have been on would see most managers sacked regardless of starting league positions. I think Stoke was probably the final straw After a false dawn v Huddersfield the Stoke performance must have sent alarm bells ringing in the board. If Warburton had stayed the first 6 games of next season were going to be crucial as he had used up most of his credit. Weirdly enough that is still the case for the new manager due to Warburton s popularity
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 22:24 - Apr 28 with 2153 viewsNorthernr

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 22:00 - Apr 28 by Antti_Heinola

No thanks.
I'd rather not have the usual suspects on this board and on social media ripping a club legend apart for his 'lack of game management', 'no plan B', etc etc.

I quite liked having Mark Hughes around in that respect.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 22:38 - Apr 28 with 2064 viewsstevec

Have to say, if I was funding a deficit of one and a half mill a month and watched this total collapse I’d have been spitting feathers.

And if I’d have weighed up the playing staff i’d provided this season alongside an Eze inspired side, not two years ago, that similarly collapsed over the sharp end of the season I also would have said, look Mark, you’re a top bloke but enough’s enough mate.

We are left with a fairly young side, all good footballers, who still seem to need nursing in the dark arts of professional football despite a season and a half of nurturing by a set of older players who’s mojo, not to mention their legs, is pretty much shot.

This season was a big opportunity and we blew it.

MW has left a potential poisoned chalice for the next incumbent, I suspect we may end up with a desperate choice of manager, probably gone by the World Cup and then, when the airs cleared, appoint a manager who can move us in the right direction.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 22:40 - Apr 28 with 2057 viewsDejR_vu

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:49 - Apr 28 by CamberleyR

You know you may have a point. I've stuck up for Les before now when some buffoons a few years back were giving it the 'Tottenham Les' and his Tottenham mates rubbish but maybe it should have been LF going rather than Warbs. I don't think Ferdinand comes out of this particularly smelling of roses.

They should sack LF and give his job to MW

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 22:50 - Apr 28 with 2007 viewsloneranger1

Feel so dejected.

After all the progress made over the last 3 years... and the official wording that "The search for a new manager will now begin", implying they don't know who...

There was a thread about whether this squad needs a rehaul, or similar - unfortunately, unless Eustace gets the job, I struggle to see how we're going to get a manager in who both fits the club identity and is happy with budget constraints, and doesnt want to make big changes to personnel.

There have been times when Warbs' platitudes in interviews have annoyed me, when delayed substitutions (or ones I disagree with) have annoyed me, but overall - it's been enjoyable, and great to have a likeable team and manager once again.

Really struggling to see how this is going to turn out well going into next season.

Sorry, sounds very pessimistic but I just think that overall, he's done a very good job - and who could do better?
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 22:52 - Apr 28 with 1994 viewsessextaxiboy

Disappointed for a principled guy who gave us a real chance for a while there. I would have given him another go .

Good luck to him.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 22:53 - Apr 28 with 1991 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:15 - Apr 28 by LazyFan

They should let Eustace manage the team now for the last 2 games to see what he can do.

No clean house let a fresh face come in and bring his backroom team.
These next 2 games mean nothing ,you will hear the players saying they want to win them for MW etc.
But they could have won a few more of the last 12 and saved his job instead of trying harder now.
I know the travelling fans will let him know we appreciate his steady hands on a rocky ship .
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 22:53 - Apr 28 with 1985 viewspaulhoop2

Terrible decision me thinks Lee Johnson will be next he was at the last home game in c club

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 23:00 - Apr 28 with 1925 viewsDannytheR

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 22:53 - Apr 28 by paulhoop2

Terrible decision me thinks Lee Johnson will be next he was at the last home game in c club

Nothing says "fresh start" like getting turned over 6-0 in the third division.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60192140
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 23:04 - Apr 28 with 1900 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 22:53 - Apr 28 by paulhoop2

Christ. Please God no.

Bare bones.

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 23:08 - Apr 28 with 1862 viewsdavman

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:27 - Apr 28 by QPR_John

“ I can guarantee that WHOEVER takes this job on, the fanbase will be up in arms; there'll be loads and loads "not renewing" and many "disgruntled" fans, but the new man (it will be a man, right?) will have to hit the ground running. ”

Are you really saying any reason for renewing is based on whether you like the manager rather than support for the team.

No I am not saying that, but a five minute trawl on Twitter shows that there are some that are already saying they won't renew. I agree with you and don't agree with them, but those type of people do exist.

Of course most of it is social media / keyboard warrior bluster - they'll be back, like all of us will be...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 23:09 - Apr 28 with 1851 viewscolinallcars

I remember Terry Venables said to me once : “Son (he always called me son), you're only as good as your last result.”
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 23:11 - Apr 28 with 1835 viewsozexile

Just responding to a reply a bit further up and it's probably for another thread. But I don't think a new manager will be impressed with our squad I've always been a pessimist but I think we've got a very average squad.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 23:17 - Apr 28 with 1792 viewsLythamR

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 23:04 - Apr 28 by Antti_Heinola

Christ. Please God no.

Thanks MW, I would have liked to have seen you get another year, I think you earned that at least
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 00:20 - Apr 29 with 1616 viewsbob566

Good luck Mark. I was happy with you. Imagine the board have taken into account how far dickies, Austin and jojos form have dipped recently and put the blame on MW and not the players.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 05:07 - Apr 29 with 1433 viewsRuislipHoop

As the man said himself,our budget dictates where we finish in the league,if that’s the case,doesn’t really matter who’s in charge.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024