Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( 19:00 - Apr 28 with 30098 viewsNorthernr

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 05:52 - Apr 29 with 2453 viewszizoustainrod

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 19:32 - Apr 28 by MelakaRanger

No not their biggest mistake. Nothing but nothing will ever go down as bad as appointing Mark Hughes.

That appointment was the root of everything that has gone bad at the club. Had Hughes never never been appointed in the first place then we would never have had Rednapp either. Between them they eviserated the club but Hughes was by far the worse thing that’s happened to this club in the 50 years I’ve supported them. And that includes appointing Paul Hart, selling Sir Les etc

Warburton leaves the club in a far better situation than when he arrived but I feel he’s taken us to the limits of his abilities. If the board want us to be a middling Championship club , that from time to time brushes with success then there’s unlikely anyone better than Warbs. But it’s likely this year will end up with us no better off than last year. His target this year was the playoffs. The board backed him in the summer and January transfer windows. He has not achieved his target so it’s time to move on.

Bottom line is that the board put a million quid each month into the black hole that is the QPR operational cost and they can’t keep doing that forever. Promotion is vital to them. So if they feel that Warbs isn’t the man to do it then so be it.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 19:44]

Yeah, but who is the man to do it then? The board appears to have no idea. Brilliant - that'll go well then.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 06:55 - Apr 29 with 2330 viewsdaveB

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 05:52 - Apr 29 by zizoustainrod

Yeah, but who is the man to do it then? The board appears to have no idea. Brilliant - that'll go well then.

to be fair if they do have someone in mind they are hardly going to mention it in a statement about the current fella going
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 07:11 - Apr 29 with 2284 viewsessextaxiboy

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 22:53 - Apr 28 by paulhoop2

Terrible decision me thinks Lee Johnson will be next he was at the last home game in c club

Dean Smith was there as well ..
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:04 - Apr 29 with 2127 viewsMalintabuk

Refrained from posting yesterday as like everything concerning the club you follow and dare say love, when something major happens the emotions are raw.
Today like to proffer my opinion. Firstly I think MW has done a good job with our club. We have to be realistic and realise we are at best a mid to lower championship setup, the vast period of our history as been in the 3rd tier of the leagues.
To be as competitive as we have been this season with all our problems has been impressive. But saying that the fall off in the last four months as been dramatic and there must be a reason for this. Whether it was MW or the management, is something we will never really know as fans, but something had to be done and normally in every club in the land that something is changing the manager.
Think we were all hoping that MW was here to supply stability and continuity, and I honestly feel the club was hoping the same, but there is a shelf life to football management and it looks like MW reached that.
We now need to move forward and hope that there is a plan.
On a personal note I will be there tonight and I will be applauding MW for his efforts. The guy is likeable, articulate and seems genuine and I want to thank him for the last 3 years.
I remember when we sacked Alec Stock and the feelings that evoked, similar to the ones on this thread.
Will I be here ne t season, yes.will I continue to support my club, because it is mine.... and ours.....yes.
Never a truer word said than I'm a Ranger till I die, we all are on here.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 8:06]
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:06 - Apr 29 with 2120 viewsNorthernr

Is there anybody on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:10 - Apr 29 with 2090 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:06 - Apr 29 by Northernr

Even our board wouldn't be stupid enough to employ Zola.....

Wait, he was in Panini albums.

He's got global recognition.

Anyone know if he plays FIFA?
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:12 - Apr 29 with 2089 viewsnix

OMG Joey Barton, Chris Hughton and Gianfranco Zola....horrifying.

I'm absolutely gutted.

Thanks Mark for always conducting yourself well and for treating us to some lovely football. And for giving us some hope after some truly tough times.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:13 - Apr 29 with 2083 viewsbosh67

I was wondering why no player contract issues had been sorted. Pretty obvious now. They must have someone lined up. I am in the minority who always thought next season would be the one under Warburton after 3 years of test and measuring this squad. Feels like a big mistake. Unless the new manager is a progressive attacking style man with some pedigree I reckon half the squad will leave and we’ll face 2-3 more seasons trying to get it right. Warburton understood our finances and limitations, unsure anyone coming in will.

For me our best choice is Eustace. Continuity and perhaps a chance to set out his own ideas. In many ways he is the logical choice.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:14 - Apr 29 with 2073 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Thanks for the decent football Mark.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:20 - Apr 29 with 2054 viewsHarbour

Eustace not on the list? Got a horrible feeling it will be Hughton…the return of boring football if so.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:24 - Apr 29 with 2040 viewsTheChef

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:40 - Apr 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Three things here.

First, I agree with those who think this was handled poorly. Very poorly, to be fair. Warburton deserved to be told of this some time ago, and the fans shouldn't be hearing from the manager that the board haven't been in touch about a new contract.

Second, I can see why the board would decide to change the manager. We've been playing poorly for four months now and while I admire Warburton as a person, while he seems to have done a fine job overall and while I've enjoyed most of the last three seasons more than the vast majority of the last fifty, the board have to decide whether a new manager can do better than the current one at this point in time, and - let's face it - there is an argument for 'yes' and an argument for 'no'. So, I can see why they might decide to change.

Third, there are so many things we as fans don't know, so many aspects to the manager's job we don't see - liaison with medical staff, board relations, staff relations, player relations, youth development targets, transfer policy interactions etc etc etc. We simply have no idea how Warburton performed in many of those sectors. No idea. It's always more complicated than we see.

Either way, I wish Mark Warburton nothing but the best, he rekindled my love for Rangers and brought it to heights not experienced for twenty-odd years, he helped us all get through the dark days of COVID and he did it all while remaining a Gentleman and a Professional of the highest degree. Thanks Mark.

Absolutely Brian, my thoughts entirely.

As mentioned elsewhere, unfortunately our track record of appointing managers is, er, not the best. But let's see where we go next.

Never a dull moment eh.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:26 - Apr 29 with 2036 viewsdavman

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:20 - Apr 29 by Harbour

Eustace not on the list? Got a horrible feeling it will be Hughton…the return of boring football if so.

That is what I think too (sadly).

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:29 - Apr 29 with 2011 viewsNorthernr

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:12 - Apr 29 by nix

OMG Joey Barton, Chris Hughton and Gianfranco Zola....horrifying.

I'm absolutely gutted.

Thanks Mark for always conducting yourself well and for treating us to some lovely football. And for giving us some hope after some truly tough times.

Zola or Woodgate I'm going to take up smack.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:29 - Apr 29 with 2009 viewsTheChef

I know this is a betting company list probably generated by an algorithm, but just seeing Barton's name there is vomit-inducing.

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:31 - Apr 29 with 1989 viewsdavman

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:13 - Apr 29 by bosh67

I was wondering why no player contract issues had been sorted. Pretty obvious now. They must have someone lined up. I am in the minority who always thought next season would be the one under Warburton after 3 years of test and measuring this squad. Feels like a big mistake. Unless the new manager is a progressive attacking style man with some pedigree I reckon half the squad will leave and we’ll face 2-3 more seasons trying to get it right. Warburton understood our finances and limitations, unsure anyone coming in will.

For me our best choice is Eustace. Continuity and perhaps a chance to set out his own ideas. In many ways he is the logical choice.

"They must have someone lined up". You'd love to think so and it would be the only sensible move seeing as they must have decided this a couple of weeks ago, but I seriously doubt it. They will be winging this. Anyone in a job will be nigh on impossible to buy out and anyone not in a job and semi decent will have a range of jobs to choose from.

The bookies list is, as expected, absolutely terrifying - Woodgate, Zola, Barton, Hughton. F-me; depression time again!

And on top of it all an injury depleted, unmotivated team on Sky tonight against a team that really needs a win - fanfeckingtastic!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:38 - Apr 29 with 1958 viewscarrotstick

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 21:51 - Apr 28 by NottsQPR

I’ll say it again and for a variety of reasons, the only man for this job is Gareth Ainsworth.

I think you are right, but I don't think Gareth is daft enough to take it.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:41 - Apr 29 with 1923 viewsNorthernr

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:29 - Apr 29 by TheChef

I know this is a betting company list probably generated by an algorithm, but just seeing Barton's name there is vomit-inducing.

Yeh frightening.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:41 - Apr 29 with 1921 viewscarrotstick

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 22:53 - Apr 28 by paulhoop2

Terrible decision me thinks Lee Johnson will be next he was at the last home game in c club

I hope not, he's a big headed, horrible little man.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:45 - Apr 29 with 1881 viewsloftus77

Sad, bewildered, and disgusted - in equal measure. My only clinging hope is that he wanted to go - it was on his terms - in which case, what could the club do?

If he's reading this (...), thanks very much, Mr Mark Warburton, and best wishes for the future. You built a fine team, delivered fine performances, and developed fine players over 3 years of strong service.

Before MW arrived, relegation to League One (and beyond?) was always a potential issue. Under MW, it was never really an issue - (a struggling Championship side became a solid, fine one). Now I have utterly no doubt whatsoever that relegation to League One will be merrily back on the agenda again in 22-23. Sorry.

And, as someone said on here, MW was 'our COVID manager', attending fans forums, podcasts and hosting online quizzes for Rs fans right throughout dark days when no one knew when/if we would ever see our QPR again. That really mattered. He was Our Manager and, IMHO, he carried out the role with authority, respect in a workmanlike careful manner.

When he joined in May 2019 I posted that we needed MW more than he needed us. Nothing has changed to this day. Our loss.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 8:47]
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:46 - Apr 29 with 1876 viewsDannytheR

Sean Gallagher (always very reliable) mentioned on social media that a "big name" is interested, which sounds horribly like Zola to me.

If the thought wasn't so bleak, I'd dig out the pic of Barton and Fernandes giving each other piggy backs round Wembley after the play-off win.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:48 - Apr 29 with 1844 viewsWegerles_Stairs

A joint management team like Evans and Houllier or Gritt and Curbishley? Got to be Barton and Stendel.
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 09:05 - Apr 29 with 1753 viewsGalileo

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:38 - Apr 29 by carrotstick

I think you are right, but I don't think Gareth is daft enough to take it.

Don't ever claim to be ITK however just as a side note while walking past Gareth Ainsworth after an evening 5 aside session just 3 weeks ago he gave it a U Rs ! on seeing my shirt. Got chatting about both Wycombe and Rangers' promotion chances which were both possible at the time and he ended by commenting "I'll be back one day".

Not sure he's right for us but he certainly holds the club in very high regard and we all understand he'd give 100 pct and more.

Has Mark Robins been mentioned anywhere ?
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 09:19 - Apr 29 with 1655 viewsTheChef

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 08:41 - Apr 29 by carrotstick

I hope not, he's a big headed, horrible little man.

In which case, any chance of getting Nathan Jones?

Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 09:21 - Apr 29 with 1630 viewsMalintabuk

I would drive to the nether regions of the Northern waste grounds and pick mr Dyche up myself.....
But can't see him coming to us....
If we did manage to get him think it could well be a case of Mark who......
Warburton departure confirmed officially :-( on 09:28 - Apr 29 with 1567 viewsLongsufferingR

Why is nobody mentioning Neil Critchley? Would seem to be a great fit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024