Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight's Match - Special Request 16:45 - Aug 25 with 10685 viewsSupport

Hello everyone,

As I'm sure most of you are aware, we at Worthing United FC lost two of our players tragically last weekend during the Shoreham Airshow disaster. Everyone at the club has been deeply touched by the reaction of the wider football community and how it has rallied around and offered its support and condolences to everyone affected. We feel that this is an incredible tribute to two humble, unassuming, incredibly generous and popular young men who would have never have expected such a response and we thank everyone for their kind words and goodwill.

The football league have asked all league clubs to participate in a minutes silence as a show of respect for those that passed away on Saturday. As a club, we would be eternally grateful if anyone attending these games would be good enough to record footage of this and pass it onto us. We are hoping to collate all of the videos and pictures so we will always have that moment when a nation of football supporters came together to remember two of our own.

Thank you again.

WorthingUtdFC@hotmail.com
@WorthingUtdFC

Poll: Does my bum look big in this?

Tonight's Match - Special Request on 17:08 - Aug 25 with 10603 viewsDySporting

I'm Rochdale's club photographer, I'll ensure that you get some stills of players, management and fans
Tonight's Match - Special Request on 18:10 - Aug 25 with 10487 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sad sad days for you Worthing guys.........heard loads of positive comments about the players you lost. RIP fellas
Tonight's Match - Special Request on 11:27 - Aug 26 with 10164 viewsdingdangblue

It sounded last night on the radio that people started applauding? I'm all for a minutes applause if its an ex player who has died but for these lads who died tragically I think a minutes silence is more appropriate . Apologies if it was silent.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Tonight's Match - Special Request on 11:35 - Aug 26 with 10149 views_dezzy

It started silent, then a few started clapping, it snowballed to most in the stadium, I didn't clap. I personally don't like the idea of clapping when somebody has passed away,

KHBA

Tonight's Match - Special Request on 16:20 - Aug 26 with 9961 viewsSalwaDale

Tonight's Match - Special Request on 11:35 - Aug 26 by _dezzy

It started silent, then a few started clapping, it snowballed to most in the stadium, I didn't clap. I personally don't like the idea of clapping when somebody has passed away,

I agree about the minute being better used as silence. There have been numerous incidents where some morons have ruined the silence with chants etc. but for me applause is rarely the most appropriate.

TBBT

Tonight's Match - Special Request on 18:13 - Aug 26 with 9833 viewsBrierls

Tonight's Match - Special Request on 11:27 - Aug 26 by dingdangblue

It sounded last night on the radio that people started applauding? I'm all for a minutes applause if its an ex player who has died but for these lads who died tragically I think a minutes silence is more appropriate . Apologies if it was silent.

Bit of a balls up, to be honest. I didn't hear the stadium announcer say whether it was a minutes silence or applause, but I did presume silence; if he said it at the start of his 'eulogy' it would have been forgotten by the time he got to the end of it. With hindsight, he should have said again before the ref blew his whistle. Started off as silence, a few started clapping in the stand to our right, more and more started clapping, then it ended up with the players clapping too! I think the ref and linesmen were the only ones in the stadium that knew what was going on.

I agree on the minutes silence, not applause. You don't clap a couple of lads in their 20's who have died traveling to play in a football match! It's tragic, for all of the victims and their families.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 18:14]
Tonight's Match - Special Request on 09:06 - Aug 27 with 9563 viewsupthedale

Tonight's Match - Special Request on 18:13 - Aug 26 by Brierls

Bit of a balls up, to be honest. I didn't hear the stadium announcer say whether it was a minutes silence or applause, but I did presume silence; if he said it at the start of his 'eulogy' it would have been forgotten by the time he got to the end of it. With hindsight, he should have said again before the ref blew his whistle. Started off as silence, a few started clapping in the stand to our right, more and more started clapping, then it ended up with the players clapping too! I think the ref and linesmen were the only ones in the stadium that knew what was going on.

I agree on the minutes silence, not applause. You don't clap a couple of lads in their 20's who have died traveling to play in a football match! It's tragic, for all of the victims and their families.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2015 18:14]

Completely agree, should have been silence, and I think it was quite clear it was intended on being silence (though I agree I didn't hear it actually announced either).

But once the Hull fans to our right started clapping it was less awkward and more fitting to join in (imo) and at least remember them as a stadium united.

It was better to all join in with clapping than the girl near me to whinge about it meant to be being silence for the remaining 50 seconds.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024