Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hooparoo's shout for manager 20:35 - Nov 15 with 14610 viewsbosh67

Roberto Di Matteo - what a great shout. Can't believe he hasn't been mentioned. Available as well.

Almost 50% win rate at every club he has served.

Okay, ex chelsea but got overlooked the last few times here. Great man manager and plays great football.

Only problem I guess would be if he would take the step down to this division? Probably not but a great shout I thought.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 20:38 - Nov 15 with 7686 viewsozexile

Good shout but as we haven't heard his name mentioned I presume he's told his agent to leave him out of it. His name will probably come up with the first round of premiership sackings.
Hooparoo's shout for manager on 20:46 - Nov 15 with 7645 viewsPunteR

He took WBA up from the championship I wouldn't have a problem with this appointment.
I'm not sure we're the right club for him though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 21:37 - Nov 15 with 7539 viewsNorthernr

Much like Hasselbaink, would need to go very well much faster than it does for the other candidates. I give it until about this time next year before a non-Chelsea candidate starts getting it in the neck. Di Matteo/Hasselbaink would be getting "that Chelsea cnt" on message boards long before that, and "you Chelsea bstrd, get out of our club" not long after.
Hooparoo's shout for manager on 21:51 - Nov 15 with 7482 viewshoopstilidie

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 21:37 - Nov 15 by Northernr

Much like Hasselbaink, would need to go very well much faster than it does for the other candidates. I give it until about this time next year before a non-Chelsea candidate starts getting it in the neck. Di Matteo/Hasselbaink would be getting "that Chelsea cnt" on message boards long before that, and "you Chelsea bstrd, get out of our club" not long after.

More likely to say "get out of are club".

As is usually the way of these things.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 21:52 - Nov 15 with 7479 viewsPunteR

Hasslebank is a bigger gamble imo. but your right, they would both have to hit the ground running.

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 21:56 - Nov 15 with 7456 viewsNorthernr

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 21:52 - Nov 15 by PunteR

Hasslebank is a bigger gamble imo. but your right, they would both have to hit the ground running.

And, as I think we'll come to realise in the coming weeks, you aint hitting the ground running with this squad.
Hooparoo's shout for manager on 21:56 - Nov 15 with 7456 viewssexton

Thank God the internet wasn't around 40 years ago or our greatest ever manager would never have been appointed.
Hooparoo's shout for manager on 21:59 - Nov 15 with 7443 viewsNeil_SI

I'm not really bothered about the managerial position anymore, because none of them really stand a chance under the current owners.

If they want short-term success, they may as well just stick with Neil Warnock until the end of the season. But that wouldn't be acting within the interests of the club first.

If they want to put the club first, they should go after somebody like Kenny Jackett.

Jackett has proven himself as a manager over the years, which was something people doubted him over when he first made the transition from an assistant.

But crucially he's been here before, has a connection with us already and a strong understanding of our history and heritage.

He played a big part in helping Holloway drag us forward when we were on our knees. Having somebody around the place who lived and tasted what we went through is important, especially with how wild the owners have been over the years.

We shouldn't under-estimate how hard everybody worked in that period, fans included, and how together and united we were as a club in that time.

From a credentials perspective, Jackett has solid experience of the Championship, League One and League Two, so knows the football league well.

He's won minor cups, and made the Semi's of the FA Cup with Millwall — so shows he takes cup competitions seriously.

He's proven that when given time, he can rebuild clubs and has a clear idea of how he wants the game to be played. His style suits QPR fans' expectations of how their teams should play and he always carries and conducts himself professionally and with dignity. He's never left any of his previous clubs on acrimonious terms.

His role at Swansea was very impressive, and the work he's done since, at two very difficult clubs like Millwall and Wolves, was and has been, excellent.

And above all, he still has something to prove, because he's not made the top-flight yet, and that hunger and desire is important at a place like QPR. That to me fits the bill, and again, as part of a wider club culture, fits a platform of giving people an opportunity to express themselves and an opportunity to try and achieve those goals.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2015 22:02]
Login to get fewer ads

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 22:01 - Nov 15 with 7433 viewsNorthernr

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 21:56 - Nov 15 by sexton

Thank God the internet wasn't around 40 years ago or our greatest ever manager would never have been appointed.

Well indeed, but 40 years ago you could lose three games in a row without it being a "crisis".
Hooparoo's shout for manager on 22:12 - Nov 15 with 7391 viewsPunteR

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 21:59 - Nov 15 by Neil_SI

I'm not really bothered about the managerial position anymore, because none of them really stand a chance under the current owners.

If they want short-term success, they may as well just stick with Neil Warnock until the end of the season. But that wouldn't be acting within the interests of the club first.

If they want to put the club first, they should go after somebody like Kenny Jackett.

Jackett has proven himself as a manager over the years, which was something people doubted him over when he first made the transition from an assistant.

But crucially he's been here before, has a connection with us already and a strong understanding of our history and heritage.

He played a big part in helping Holloway drag us forward when we were on our knees. Having somebody around the place who lived and tasted what we went through is important, especially with how wild the owners have been over the years.

We shouldn't under-estimate how hard everybody worked in that period, fans included, and how together and united we were as a club in that time.

From a credentials perspective, Jackett has solid experience of the Championship, League One and League Two, so knows the football league well.

He's won minor cups, and made the Semi's of the FA Cup with Millwall — so shows he takes cup competitions seriously.

He's proven that when given time, he can rebuild clubs and has a clear idea of how he wants the game to be played. His style suits QPR fans' expectations of how their teams should play and he always carries and conducts himself professionally and with dignity. He's never left any of his previous clubs on acrimonious terms.

His role at Swansea was very impressive, and the work he's done since, at two very difficult clubs like Millwall and Wolves, was and has been, excellent.

And above all, he still has something to prove, because he's not made the top-flight yet, and that hunger and desire is important at a place like QPR. That to me fits the bill, and again, as part of a wider club culture, fits a platform of giving people an opportunity to express themselves and an opportunity to try and achieve those goals.

I feel the same way Neil. Which manager we get seems irrelevant now for some reason.
Jackett is also high on my list though ,if i had to pick one.

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 22:15 - Nov 15 with 7380 viewsDorse

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 22:01 - Nov 15 by Northernr

Well indeed, but 40 years ago you could lose three games in a row without it being a "crisis".

It was called a 'triumvirate of deferred gratification'. It was a simpler time.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 22:16 - Nov 15 with 7374 viewsBrixtonR

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 22:01 - Nov 15 by Northernr

I do think your right about the way the clubs been run since Uncle Bungle took over......but I think the Pivotal appointment has been Lee Hoos and that gives me hope for the future.

My Burnley mate who was very involved with the club ITK I suppose cant recommend him more highly so I have high hopes . So basically if we can get the right manager who Hoos can see works for the club we may be OK.
Basically the future of the club its all down too................................

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 22:29 - Nov 15 with 7337 viewseghamranger

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 21:56 - Nov 15 by sexton

Paul Hart?
Hooparoo's shout for manager on 22:43 - Nov 15 with 7303 viewsloftboy

Fulham.fan i work.with reckons Warnock wants to join them!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 23:35 - Nov 15 with 7208 viewsLlanranger

Long time since I posted on here. This site is populated by nastiest, sneering retorts and general unpleasantness these days, and I can't be bothered any more. But this post by Neil is so spot on that I want to back him up.
Hooparoo's shout for manager on 23:41 - Nov 15 with 7201 viewsTacticalR

QPR have been reported to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Managers.

Air hostess clique

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 23:53 - Nov 15 with 7175 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Certainly worth an interview if he's interested; that is, if QPR plan on holding interviews.
Hooparoo's shout for manager on 23:56 - Nov 15 with 7168 viewsdaveB

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 23:53 - Nov 15 by Benny_the_Ball

Certainly worth an interview if he's interested; that is, if QPR plan on holding interviews.

They are according to Lee Hoos at the fans forum
Hooparoo's shout for manager on 23:56 - Nov 15 with 7166 viewskingshill

Shall I say it now?

"Dont even think about joining our club you Chelsea Bas**rd".

He will always be one of them, why would we even entertain him?
Hooparoo's shout for manager on 00:00 - Nov 16 with 7156 viewstimcocking

aye
Hooparoo's shout for manager on 01:00 - Nov 16 with 7108 viewsqueensparker

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 23:56 - Nov 15 by kingshill

Shall I say it now?

"Dont even think about joining our club you Chelsea Bas**rd".

He will always be one of them, why would we even entertain him?

Wilkins, Furlong, Hollins, Dave Webb, we've had a long history of turning Chelsea b*stards to our cause.
Hooparoo's shout for manager on 09:02 - Nov 16 with 6911 viewsaston_hoop

Without willing to put a downer on it, he was managing in the Champions League with Schalke last season and led them to 6th in the Bundesliga. Surely he is a little out of our range at the moment?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 09:04 - Nov 16 with 6905 viewsbosh67

Great post.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 09:23 - Nov 16 with 6864 viewsNorthernr

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 23:53 - Nov 15 by Benny_the_Ball

The relevant bit from the forum write up....

LH has "set piece interview questions" he asks every candidate, with some things weighted more heavily than others. Currently cutting a long list down a short list, followed by interviews first with LH and Les Ferdinand (LF) and then a round of second interviews with the final four or five candidates, LH, LF and "the others" — presumably the board — and from that will come an appointment. No definite timeline, looking for a long term appointment and need to get it right. LH: "Urgency, not haste. We don't want to go hell for leather and overlook the right choice." Want the best man for the job so will consider people in employment.
Hooparoo's shout for manager on 09:36 - Nov 16 with 6825 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Hooparoo's shout for manager on 09:23 - Nov 16 by Northernr

The relevant bit from the forum write up....

LH has "set piece interview questions" he asks every candidate, with some things weighted more heavily than others. Currently cutting a long list down a short list, followed by interviews first with LH and Les Ferdinand (LF) and then a round of second interviews with the final four or five candidates, LH, LF and "the others" — presumably the board — and from that will come an appointment. No definite timeline, looking for a long term appointment and need to get it right. LH: "Urgency, not haste. We don't want to go hell for leather and overlook the right choice." Want the best man for the job so will consider people in employment.

Shame we didn't do that last time around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024