Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! 11:09 - Dec 16 with 11853 viewsJonDoeman

Surprised me anyway !

It Is What It Is !!

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 12:10 - Dec 17 with 2496 viewswombat

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 11:24 - Dec 17 by daveB

selling season tickets before March will also help with FFP as the income will be a lot bigger than it usually is. The 30% minimum rise for new season ticket holders sounds scary though

not on sale yet

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 12:14 - Dec 17 with 2475 viewsEastR

selling season tickets before March will also help with FFP as the income will be a lot bigger than it usually is. The 30% minimum rise for new season ticket holders sounds scary though

Dave, what income will be a lot bigger? For next season?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 12:15 - Dec 17 with 2472 viewsJonDoeman

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 12:10 - Dec 17 by wombat

not on sale yet

They are , if you log in to your account, just a slight rise in price.

It Is What It Is !!

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 12:23 - Dec 17 with 2449 viewswombat

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 12:15 - Dec 17 by JonDoeman

They are , if you log in to your account, just a slight rise in price.

u try buying one not ative till tonight it seems

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 12:30 - Dec 17 with 2431 viewsWokingR

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 12:23 - Dec 17 by wombat

So once again a great idea, 5 years after everyone else has already done it doesn't quite live up to expectations.
What is the point in buying a ticket this far in advance if there is no actual financial incentive being offered.
Every other club calls it an Early Bird Discount for a reason. Surely the clue in the name was big enough.
Think I'll keep hold of my money until nearer the time thanks.
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 12:37 - Dec 17 with 2408 viewsstowmarketrange

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 12:23 - Dec 17 by wombat

I managed to get through to the checkout screen but I hestitated about paying for it yet.
Can anyone tell me the price of a single adult silver season ticket please.Our 5 in ML works out at £1289 and that is a saving of £700 on what we were all paying 2 years ago.
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 12:37 - Dec 17 with 2408 views1MoreBrightonR

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 12:30 - Dec 17 by WokingR

So once again a great idea, 5 years after everyone else has already done it doesn't quite live up to expectations.
What is the point in buying a ticket this far in advance if there is no actual financial incentive being offered.
Every other club calls it an Early Bird Discount for a reason. Surely the clue in the name was big enough.

alwyas love how positive our fans are ;)
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 13:19 - Dec 17 with 2343 viewsPinnerPaul

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 16:40 - Dec 16 by Northernr

"about" - don't hold me to that if it's wrong!

What?!, I've got that copied into an email ready to send to the club if its not right!
Login to get fewer ads

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 13:21 - Dec 17 with 2335 viewsPinnerPaul

As above, won't make any difference, its only cashflow improvement, not P & L .

Income will be recognised in 16/17 accounts not this years as relates to that season.
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 13:28 - Dec 17 with 2314 viewsPinnerPaul

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 12:30 - Dec 17 by WokingR

The discount applies from now until 31st March.

As Clive pointed out, fans wanted more time to digest prices and plan accordingly.

Club have done that, you effectively have 3 1/2 months to buy, then prices go up + 30%.

"Other clubs" not so wonderful as you think - Brighton have a similar announcement on their site but they are not releasing ANY details about price and you can't buy until Feb.

You have to be realistic, much as we would like it, no ones going to give you a massive discount on what we pay now , whatever scheme they dream up.

Everyone wants to pay less but club should be given credit for listening to fans and responding AND giving existing S/T holders a "proper" discount - if +30% isn't one I don't know what is!
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 13:45 - Dec 17 with 2280 viewsWokingR

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 13:28 - Dec 17 by PinnerPaul

The discount applies from now until 31st March.

As Clive pointed out, fans wanted more time to digest prices and plan accordingly.

Club have done that, you effectively have 3 1/2 months to buy, then prices go up + 30%.

"Other clubs" not so wonderful as you think - Brighton have a similar announcement on their site but they are not releasing ANY details about price and you can't buy until Feb.

You have to be realistic, much as we would like it, no ones going to give you a massive discount on what we pay now , whatever scheme they dream up.

Everyone wants to pay less but club should be given credit for listening to fans and responding AND giving existing S/T holders a "proper" discount - if +30% isn't one I don't know what is!

At the moment my existing season ticket of £519 is showing as available to renew at £539 !
Not quite sure where the discount is in that, but after the initial period the cost then goes up by 30%.
So, if I am reading it right, I can either pay them £20 more and find the money a lot earlier than I would have previously or I can pay at the usual time for 30% more.
I would love to be corrected and them fix the website to show 30% off £539 if I pay early but at the moment this looks a cr@p deal
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 13:50 - Dec 17 with 2272 viewsPinnerPaul

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 13:45 - Dec 17 by WokingR

At the moment my existing season ticket of £519 is showing as available to renew at £539 !
Not quite sure where the discount is in that, but after the initial period the cost then goes up by 30%.
So, if I am reading it right, I can either pay them £20 more and find the money a lot earlier than I would have previously or I can pay at the usual time for 30% more.
I would love to be corrected and them fix the website to show 30% off £539 if I pay early but at the moment this looks a cr@p deal

You're getting 30&% off for paying 2 months earlier than you would have done on old scheme.

IF, and its a big if, we got promoted your ticket price will be 50% bigger next season is my guess.

Its your choice, don't think +£20 is that bad an increase and paying two months early is surely worth 30%, we hardly have raging inflation so "interest" you're "losing" is pennies.
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 14:42 - Dec 17 with 2211 viewsconnell10

I already think we pay far to much for our tickets in a cramped , outdated stadium, so i find any price increase really depressing!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 15:37 - Dec 17 with 2148 viewsJamie

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 13:21 - Dec 17 by PinnerPaul

As above, won't make any difference, its only cashflow improvement, not P & L .

Income will be recognised in 16/17 accounts not this years as relates to that season.

Not true PP, they can claim the income in this financial period but that would mean they're looking at a large shortfall for next year...

...unless they're gambling on access to the new PL tv deal next year of course.
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 15:58 - Dec 17 with 2110 viewsA40Bosh

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 15:37 - Dec 17 by Jamie

Not true PP, they can claim the income in this financial period but that would mean they're looking at a large shortfall for next year...

...unless they're gambling on access to the new PL tv deal next year of course.

Yes, this looks like a calculated risk - just I would argue that bringing it out 1 week before Christmas is not ideal timing - albeit they have left it open until the end of March.

If you stump up now i.e. purchase the ticket in the current financial year then they hope to get as much revenue in as possible to offset the ongoing risks we must have with FFP hanging over us.

You could also argue that it may not be a concern about the current financial year, but perhaps a way to try an ensnare as many season tickets as possible before it is known whether we are staying here in the Championship to avoid more lapses in those taking up season tickets for a second season in the Championship.

In the likely event that we were to get promoted then £200 +/- per ticket on 10,000 season tickets won't be a major income consideration once the Sky money starts to roll back in.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 16:01 - Dec 17 with 1859 viewsCliff

All in all I think that's a bit better than I expected for this year.

However I really worry about next years prices. If you take the "New Loyalty" prices and add the minimum 30% you get:

Bronze £552
Sliver £643
Gold £741
Platinum £843

which I fear will be the base for the next Loyalty prices in future years!
[Post edited 17 Dec 2015 16:04]
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 16:03 - Dec 17 with 1852 viewsNorthernr

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 16:01 - Dec 17 by Cliff

All in all I think that's a bit better than I expected for this year.

However I really worry about next years prices. If you take the "New Loyalty" prices and add the minimum 30% you get:

Bronze £552
Sliver £643
Gold £741
Platinum £843

which I fear will be the base for the next Loyalty prices in future years!
[Post edited 17 Dec 2015 16:04]

Hoos said at previous meetings the logic behind small incremental rises is £20 a year over three years is better than freezing it for two years then suddenly jacking it up by £60 so I don't think we'll suddenly by whacking them up next year, unless we go up.
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 16:07 - Dec 17 with 1849 viewsCliff

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 16:03 - Dec 17 by Northernr

Hoos said at previous meetings the logic behind small incremental rises is £20 a year over three years is better than freezing it for two years then suddenly jacking it up by £60 so I don't think we'll suddenly by whacking them up next year, unless we go up.

let's hope not because those prices look eye-watering for the championship
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 16:47 - Dec 17 with 1767 viewsbaz_qpr

Am I missing something here, my season ticket was £500 its now been put back to premiership prices of 750 but I get 30% discount if I buy in March to make it £20 quid more(5 months ahead of getting my product / service) and whilst still paying the finance for both.

So basically its a massive Briatore style rise in ticket prices on the gate next season and season tickets (premiership prices) sold after the 31st date . announced 8 months in advance to take the sting out of the tale

Seriously how gullible are our "fan reps" ?
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 17:02 - Dec 17 with 1742 viewsNorthernr

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 16:47 - Dec 17 by baz_qpr

Am I missing something here, my season ticket was £500 its now been put back to premiership prices of 750 but I get 30% discount if I buy in March to make it £20 quid more(5 months ahead of getting my product / service) and whilst still paying the finance for both.

So basically its a massive Briatore style rise in ticket prices on the gate next season and season tickets (premiership prices) sold after the 31st date . announced 8 months in advance to take the sting out of the tale

Seriously how gullible are our "fan reps" ?

Your season ticket was £500, now it's £520. You just have to buy it earlier. We always had the deadline around where it is now, it only changed reasonably recently.
Previously we didn't know the prices until middle of May, and they were anywhere between £500 and £800 over the years, and then you had to find the money within four weeks (one pay day).
This gives you longer to find the money, and there are more options for staggering the payments.

No idea what the "fan reps" comment has got to do with anything.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 18:06 - Dec 17 with 1671 viewsbaz_qpr

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 17:02 - Dec 17 by Northernr

Your season ticket was £500, now it's £520. You just have to buy it earlier. We always had the deadline around where it is now, it only changed reasonably recently.
Previously we didn't know the prices until middle of May, and they were anywhere between £500 and £800 over the years, and then you had to find the money within four weeks (one pay day).
This gives you longer to find the money, and there are more options for staggering the payments.

No idea what the "fan reps" comment has got to do with anything.

This post has been edited by an administrator

No my season ticket was £500 it is now £750 but with a 30% discount if I pay stupidly far in advance.

That means the cost of a season ticket is 30% higher, back at premiership level, as a season ticket usually maintains a ratio to the value of buying ad hoc tickets, it means that the cost of standard tickets, half season tickets etc will also be 30% higher and at premiership levels.

That is a marketing sleight of hand
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 18:17 - Dec 17 with 1653 viewsEastR

You know one of those situations when someone does something and you think, eh? Why now?

Why have the club brought the loyalty deadline forward for renewal?

The positive spin: They’re being organised. They’ll know earlier how many people are likely to renew and therefore they can better plan in the close season for knowing how much revenue they’ll have for next season in planning for player budgets etc
The alternative view: They can already estimate how many people will renew next season based on what has happened in previous seasons. There’s a limit on season ticket sales anyway and when that limit is reached (as it has been this season) that then sets the parameters for what the revenue will be.

The positive spin: it’s a good deal, a nominal increase over this season rewarding loyalty.
The alternative view: Why then make the renewal deadline so early? (see 1 above) Many people simply won’t potentially be able to take advantage of the scheme as its ending at a time when they’re still paying for this season, or at least not having the luxury of a few free months of non-football expenditure before being able to commit again.

The positive spin: the club are doing it and need to make the accounts look better for FFP.
The alternative view: the next set of accounts for the year ended 31 May 2015 are due to be filed at Companies House by the end of March. There’ll be nothing in those accounts above this change, and besides any income arising could only be recognised in the season to which it related — so even in the accounts to 31 May 2016 they would have to defer that to a later period.
(Of course they would get the cash earlier so there is a potential cash flow benefit).

The positive spin: The clubs being organised. This has the stamp of the new CEO, getting things better organised and it’s how a business should be run.
The alternative view: Yes, and part of his job is to maximise revenues. Revenues from the customers i.e. the supporters. By bringing forward the deadline and potentially minimising the numbers taking up the discount, as well as imposing an increase of the order of 30% on tickets subsequently then he’s certainly being more business like, and some will have to pay for that.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 18:22 - Dec 17 with 1648 viewsdaveB

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 12:14 - Dec 17 by EastR

Dave, what income will be a lot bigger? For next season?

The financial year ends in April doesn't it so usually we would have one lot of season ticket sales in that period but with this they will have 2 sets of season ticket sales so will help with FFP for this season
Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 18:25 - Dec 17 with 1644 viewsjohncharles

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 18:17 - Dec 17 by EastR

You know one of those situations when someone does something and you think, eh? Why now?

Why have the club brought the loyalty deadline forward for renewal?

The positive spin: They’re being organised. They’ll know earlier how many people are likely to renew and therefore they can better plan in the close season for knowing how much revenue they’ll have for next season in planning for player budgets etc
The alternative view: They can already estimate how many people will renew next season based on what has happened in previous seasons. There’s a limit on season ticket sales anyway and when that limit is reached (as it has been this season) that then sets the parameters for what the revenue will be.

The positive spin: it’s a good deal, a nominal increase over this season rewarding loyalty.
The alternative view: Why then make the renewal deadline so early? (see 1 above) Many people simply won’t potentially be able to take advantage of the scheme as its ending at a time when they’re still paying for this season, or at least not having the luxury of a few free months of non-football expenditure before being able to commit again.

The positive spin: the club are doing it and need to make the accounts look better for FFP.
The alternative view: the next set of accounts for the year ended 31 May 2015 are due to be filed at Companies House by the end of March. There’ll be nothing in those accounts above this change, and besides any income arising could only be recognised in the season to which it related — so even in the accounts to 31 May 2016 they would have to defer that to a later period.
(Of course they would get the cash earlier so there is a potential cash flow benefit).

The positive spin: The clubs being organised. This has the stamp of the new CEO, getting things better organised and it’s how a business should be run.
The alternative view: Yes, and part of his job is to maximise revenues. Revenues from the customers i.e. the supporters. By bringing forward the deadline and potentially minimising the numbers taking up the discount, as well as imposing an increase of the order of 30% on tickets subsequently then he’s certainly being more business like, and some will have to pay for that.

What's the positive spin if we get relegated ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Next season's ST on sale tomorrow! on 18:55 - Dec 17 with 1606 viewsjohncharles

Just get a dose of reality for a minute.
Us dumb smucks are being asked by billionaire owners and millionaire players to cough up money up front for some games a year ahead with no guarantee who -
Will own the club a year from now
Who the manager will be
Who the players will be
Which division we'll be in
What day and time of day these matches will take place

Yeah, sure.

Strong and stable my arse.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024