Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Springsteen 10:55 - Jun 6 with 2825 viewsfrancisbowles

What a performer!

My first experience of stadium rock. Paid over a ton each to watch dots on a stage, with the sun in my eyes and roasting for the first hour or more. Watched a big screen and listened to a very loud sound with poor accoustics. However we got tickets on Saturday because we had never seen him before and had always wanted too.

What a man, at 66, he held the stadium in the palm of his hands for THREE and a HALF HOURS without a break! He played a song and before it ended, he would shout 1234 and go straight into the next song and the again 1234 and the next song and the again and again. There was hardly a pause all night and the way he engaged with those lucky and brave folks who had the stamina to stand at the front for about six hours was just beautiful.

Stadium rock is overpriced and visually and audibly a horrible experience but credit where it is due Wembley made it as pleasant as possible with good organisation and stewarding, decent facilities, affordable catering and no overcrowding.

So would I do it again. Well, I'll try not to but I may be tempted and I will always remember not the best gig I have ever been to but pretty damn close. Thanks Bruce for a truly gigantic show. How I envy those who have seen you in a smaller venue!

And yes, the return to Wembley did make me want to launch into Oh Bobby Zamora!
Springsteen on 11:04 - Jun 6 with 2805 viewspaulparker

Mrs P went to Croke Park last week with the mother in law (she is a huge fan)
and she said the same as you, that he played non stop for over 3 hours and didn't miss a beat , not my cup of tea nor the missus but fair play to the fella it sounded like he put on a hell of a show

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Springsteen on 11:24 - Jun 6 with 2788 viewsNW5Hoop

Was at the front for the Coventry gig on Friday and Wembley on Sunday. Both were overwhelming experiences. Had a break for AC/DC at the Olympic Stadium on Saturday.
Springsteen on 11:30 - Jun 6 with 2774 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Saw Metallica at Wembley stadium in 2007 and they ran out of beer sound was very good on the pitch. I knew someone in tier two. It wasn't very good there apparently.

I like big gigs but you can't beat a good band in a small dingy room playing at 150DBs.

The Black Heart Camden is great for this and has lots of choice ales. Win win.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Springsteen on 11:37 - Jun 6 with 2757 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Have seen Springsteen many time over the years and he has never produced anything other than a stunning show.

Have always hated stadium shows and watching the video screens rather than minute dots on stage, but somehow Springsteen draws you in, in a way others are incapable of doing.

Having said all that, I thought the sound last night was really poor, it was far better three years back for the "Darkness On The Edge Of Town" show at Wembley

Dedicating "Tougher than all the rest" to Ali brought a tear to my eye.
Springsteen on 11:42 - Jun 6 with 2740 viewsquickpassrotter

The Boss was at his very best on Sunday at Wembley. Walking away after the concert I asked how will that rank ? Most said, right up there. Outstanding performance and show.
Big stadiums are really nobody's favourite but that's what it has to be with a performer and personality of his magnitude. The Boss wowed us all again. Quite brilliant.
Springsteen on 12:02 - Jun 6 with 2718 viewsrobith

He was immense as ever.

Shame I paid £95 and the sound was beyond atrocious for the first hour. Indistinct noise
Springsteen on 12:05 - Jun 6 with 2713 viewsfrancisbowles

Springsteen on 11:24 - Jun 6 by NW5Hoop

Was at the front for the Coventry gig on Friday and Wembley on Sunday. Both were overwhelming experiences. Had a break for AC/DC at the Olympic Stadium on Saturday.

Bloody hell! You must have had an expensive weekend and have Spingsteenesque stamina yourself!

What kind of stste are you in today and how are the ears?
Springsteen on 12:11 - Jun 6 with 2704 viewsBoston

Not a Springsteen fan. Never was, although he is a top notch entertainer and knocks out a few good tunes, but his work generally has little appeal to my ears. I am biased though, as a few of you may remember, I had an occasion to work for the bloke over thirty years ago and was not impressed.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Springsteen on 13:22 - Jun 6 with 2592 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I have never been a fan but everyone I have ever spoken to him has always said what a brilliant performer he is and he has always done those long sets. Three and a half hours though!!
Springsteen on 13:41 - Jun 6 with 2559 viewswombat

Springsteen on 13:22 - Jun 6 by CroydonCaptJack

I have never been a fan but everyone I have ever spoken to him has always said what a brilliant performer he is and he has always done those long sets. Three and a half hours though!!

prob best male solo artist alive , sound at wembley has been cr@p since the new ground has been built seen bruce many times and how he keeps it going for 3.5 hours amazes me , how did he cope without clarence clemons being on stage alongside him ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Springsteen on 14:03 - Jun 6 with 2520 viewsFearless

Springsteen on 13:41 - Jun 6 by wombat

prob best male solo artist alive , sound at wembley has been cr@p since the new ground has been built seen bruce many times and how he keeps it going for 3.5 hours amazes me , how did he cope without clarence clemons being on stage alongside him ?

The sound at Wembley for Roger Waters, The Wall is possibly the best I've ever heard.

Saw the boss at the old Wembley - 88? And st Hyde park - amazing showman
Springsteen on 14:35 - Jun 6 with 2482 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Springsteen on 13:41 - Jun 6 by wombat

The big man's nephew Jake Clemmons has held down the sax player role for a few years now and has grown to really nail it. The sax solo in "Jungleland" last night was sublime.

As to having someone to share a joke or swap a few bars with Stevie Van Zandt and the hugely underrated Nils Lofgren are way more than run of the mill sidemen.
Springsteen on 15:50 - Jun 6 with 2436 viewsNW10Hoop

He's been amazing any time I've seen him, but had to choose between ACDC or Bruce this weekend. Went for ACDC as I get the feeling they might not be back.
Springsteen on 16:00 - Jun 6 with 2419 viewsrobith

Springsteen on 15:50 - Jun 6 by NW10Hoop

He's been amazing any time I've seen him, but had to choose between ACDC or Bruce this weekend. Went for ACDC as I get the feeling they might not be back.

I also suspect giving his touring patterns this might be the last E Street tour we see on these shores
Springsteen on 17:13 - Jun 6 with 2329 viewsDorsetR

Springsteen on 11:37 - Jun 6 by WrightUp5hit___

Have seen Springsteen many time over the years and he has never produced anything other than a stunning show.

Have always hated stadium shows and watching the video screens rather than minute dots on stage, but somehow Springsteen draws you in, in a way others are incapable of doing.

Having said all that, I thought the sound last night was really poor, it was far better three years back for the "Darkness On The Edge Of Town" show at Wembley

Dedicating "Tougher than all the rest" to Ali brought a tear to my eye.

We were there last night and have to agree sound was poor.
Overall thought the show three years ago was much more enjoyable.
Could well be his last tour and felt it was putting everything into last night, even more so than usual.
Springsteen on 19:04 - Jun 6 with 2257 viewssimmo

He made me miss an £80 train once. Never liked him since.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Springsteen on 21:10 - Jun 6 with 2178 viewsNoelmc

I was a Wembley last night & Croke Park last Sunday. Both were great gigs but I preferred the Dublin Concert as sound and set list were better.

I've seen him many times over the years and as long as he is with the E Street Band, he's my all-time favourite live performer. Always gives the audience value for money.
Springsteen on 17:51 - Jun 10 with 1937 viewsTacticalR

Review from a certain poster on this board...

A Bruce Springsteen show makes you feel like the best version of yourself
https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2016/jun/10/bruce-springsteen-makes-

Air hostess clique

Springsteen on 18:36 - Jun 10 with 1912 viewsPunteR

Springsteen on 17:51 - Jun 10 by TacticalR

https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2016/jun/10/bruce-springsteen-makes-

Got me guessing ...Who's the poster?
Its definitely not Simmo and I doubt its discodroids... Northerns real name is clive but I can see him as a Springsteen fan..
I give up.

I do like a bit of old Springsteen .
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 18:39]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Springsteen on 20:04 - Jun 10 with 1877 viewsfrancisbowles

Springsteen on 17:51 - Jun 10 by TacticalR

Thanks for the link, TacticalR. As a first timer myself, I must admit that it was and five days on remains, an emotional experience. For the first time in many years, I have found myself listening to his albums and rediscovering how good the songs are and how great they can be live. I understand that all the tour gigs will be released, I will be eagerly awaiting the Wembley one.
Springsteen on 20:14 - Jun 10 with 1864 viewsTacticalR

Springsteen on 18:36 - Jun 10 by PunteR

Got me guessing ...Who's the poster?
Its definitely not Simmo and I doubt its discodroids... Northerns real name is clive but I can see him as a Springsteen fan..
I give up.

I do like a bit of old Springsteen .
[Post edited 10 Jun 2016 18:39]

NW5Hoop

Air hostess clique

Springsteen on 23:01 - Jun 10 with 1796 viewsBklynRanger

Seen the old Springsprong a few times. I was fairly obsessed with his music when I was a teenage lad. Toned it down a bit when I arrived here, mainly because so many people are obsessed and it didn't seem very interesting to do the same thing. Then my mum visits and starts babbling on about how much I love Springsteen - shut up Mum! Anyway, he'd started to wane after Tunnel of Love as far as I was concerned. 100% full value live either way.

Anecdote-wise I was once 10-15 minutes away from meeting him. My friend was friends with the guy in charge of all his limos during the Ghost of Tom Joad tour. Had to get into the front of the stage by walking past all these cables, one of which I drunkenly tripped on, but it didn't disconnect the concert so that was good. We're all standing there afterward where Bruce would get into the car, told he's coming out in the next half hour. Me and fellow shit stirrer start talking about how we could murder a beer. I raised the point that if we leave now we'll always regret the fact, but that it would be interesting to wallow in that regret. So we decided to go to the bar and initiate the wallowing. Ludicrous, stoned decision.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024