Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referee - Mr Roger East 23:39 - Sep 12 with 6740 viewsdachiltern

Short note to say that as far as poor performances go then that was certainly one of the finest.
Referee - Mr Roger East on 18:47 - Sep 13 with 1642 viewsAntti_Heinola

Referee - Mr Roger East on 16:54 - Sep 13 by PinnerPaul

No I am!

Thought he had a decent game.

To quote Neil Harris and say challenge had no 'malice' is nonsense.

I thought we had done to death on the Mane challenge that referee can't/doesn't have to judge 'intent'.

It was a very difficult game to referee and I thought he did well. Antti criticises the Morrison yellow for 'picking up a bottle' but if we had just scored to go 2 up, I wonder if Mr Morrison would have been so keen to play Mr Steward then - it was purely to delay the restart, which is why he was booked.

Millwall forum claims he gave everything to us, here we say the opoosite. Look at the foul stats and you will see both claims are nonsense.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2017 16:58]

I didn't say that mate - I said he was booked for complaining about a bottle being thrown - timewasting, basically!

Other posters correct - bottles came from both fans, and I suspect that's the point East made to Morison.

Bare bones.

Referee - Mr Roger East on 20:02 - Sep 13 with 1593 viewskensalriser

Referee - Mr Roger East on 08:11 - Sep 13 by Northernr

So why not book the keeper again at any point in the following 20 minutes when he kept doing it?

And don't agree about the bottle, Morison had it chucked at him, he picked it up and gave it to the referee, said something to the effect of 'if that was our lot you'd be kicking up a massive fuss' (which is right) and then got a yellow card.

We're really analysing the minutiae here!

As observed on another thread, the keeper carried on taking the piss because he and the whole ground knew he wasn't getting another yellow for it - has any player ever received two yellows in a game for timewasting? Refs need to be firmer on this and tell the player that if it continues they'll be off.

Morison was also taking the piss with a barely plausible ruse. He was timewasting, plain and simple.

Slight tangent, I wonder if any action will be taken against Millwall for the missiles and smoke bomb.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Referee - Mr Roger East on 21:06 - Sep 13 with 1560 viewsdachiltern

Dare I suggest Morrison was booked for his continued dissent? Mr East did at least endeavour to get Morrison to stop barking at him, bottle thrown or not and Morrison kept going and going and going. Deserved what he got.
Message for Mr McCarthy, Brian were you at Chesham sat night watching your team win 2-0 or watching this game on a link? Either way a tvscreen certainly doesn't give the depth of field being at the game does.
Message for PaulPinner, Mr East had a decent game.... really? Even down to the simplest advantage where he hits the whistle for an offside but Smithies has the ball in is hands and getting to distribute, no reason to hit the whistle, no threat of a challenge from any of the oppo or the ball ending in our net. These are basics and he struggled with the basics, too used to the tippy tappy ponce football of the billionaires league.
I would believe a number of competent FL league refereeI would be teed off not getting the appointment.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2017 21:16]
Referee - Mr Roger East on 23:06 - Sep 13 with 1502 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Referee - Mr Roger East on 11:25 - Sep 13 by Northernr

Thrown at their own players after scoring a goal?

I must admit all the bottles seemed to come from the school end. I was baffled by that.
Referee - Mr Roger East on 08:09 - Sep 14 with 1421 viewsterryb

Referee - Mr Roger East on 21:06 - Sep 13 by dachiltern

Dare I suggest Morrison was booked for his continued dissent? Mr East did at least endeavour to get Morrison to stop barking at him, bottle thrown or not and Morrison kept going and going and going. Deserved what he got.
Message for Mr McCarthy, Brian were you at Chesham sat night watching your team win 2-0 or watching this game on a link? Either way a tvscreen certainly doesn't give the depth of field being at the game does.
Message for PaulPinner, Mr East had a decent game.... really? Even down to the simplest advantage where he hits the whistle for an offside but Smithies has the ball in is hands and getting to distribute, no reason to hit the whistle, no threat of a challenge from any of the oppo or the ball ending in our net. These are basics and he struggled with the basics, too used to the tippy tappy ponce football of the billionaires league.
I would believe a number of competent FL league refereeI would be teed off not getting the appointment.

DA Chiltern,

We've been here before, this is a different Brian McCarthy.

Will you be at Needham Market on Saturday? I will, but then the ground is only eight miles from my home!
Referee - Mr Roger East on 08:26 - Sep 14 with 1415 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Referee - Mr Roger East on 21:06 - Sep 13 by dachiltern

"Message for Mr McCarthy, Brian were you at Chesham sat night watching your team win 2-0 or watching this game on a link? Either way a tvscreen certainly doesn't give the depth of field being at the game does. "

I've never been to a Chesham game in my life. I've never even been to Chesham game in my life.

My only comment was that the commentator said that he saw the bottle that Morrison picked had been thrown from the Millwall fans. I'm not even saying he was right. Just that he said it.

Relax.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Referee - Mr Roger East on 13:00 - Sep 14 with 1349 viewsquickpassrotter

There are several responsibilities during the game itself that a referee has to undertake as we know.
Applying the laws of the game, in a sensible way - Mr East was way off the mark for a lot of the evening. Bemusing decisions, and at time totally incorrect decisions.
Getting a good and early feel for the game in terms of the way both sides are competing with each other, including taking into account the conditions - Mr East could not and did not judge at all well the ferocity of the challenges from both sides within the overall pace of the game - about a 50% notch up for example from the Ipswich match on Saturday.
Man management of the game - players I do believe quickly understand how effective the referee is being on the night, what they can get away with etc. Mr East's overall management of the game was poor. He did seem to lose control and generally lost the confidence of everyone - players, coaching staff, supporters - from both sides. Basically, he did not help himself at all - a very poor performance all round Mr. East.
Referee - Mr Roger East on 19:05 - Sep 14 with 1249 viewsStanisgod

Referee - Mr Roger East on 16:54 - Sep 13 by PinnerPaul

No I am!

Thought he had a decent game.

To quote Neil Harris and say challenge had no 'malice' is nonsense.

I thought we had done to death on the Mane challenge that referee can't/doesn't have to judge 'intent'.

It was a very difficult game to referee and I thought he did well. Antti criticises the Morrison yellow for 'picking up a bottle' but if we had just scored to go 2 up, I wonder if Mr Morrison would have been so keen to play Mr Steward then - it was purely to delay the restart, which is why he was booked.

Millwall forum claims he gave everything to us, here we say the opoosite. Look at the foul stats and you will see both claims are nonsense.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2017 16:58]

" Thought he had a decent game". That seals it for me now I know you only do it to wind everyone up. Every time theres an awful, or more awful than usual ref , you say they had a good game. If he did well , I ve watched 52 years of football and learnt nothing.
I suppose Gurnham had a blinder against Spurs as well !
[Post edited 14 Sep 2017 19:17]

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

Referee - Mr Roger East on 17:46 - Sep 15 with 1145 viewsPinnerPaul

Referee - Mr Roger East on 19:05 - Sep 14 by Stanisgod

" Thought he had a decent game". That seals it for me now I know you only do it to wind everyone up. Every time theres an awful, or more awful than usual ref , you say they had a good game. If he did well , I ve watched 52 years of football and learnt nothing.
I suppose Gurnham had a blinder against Spurs as well !
[Post edited 14 Sep 2017 19:17]

You've certainly read my posts and this thread and learnt nothing.

The sending off - both for and against views on here.

The Morrison caution - again both for and against.

The GK time wasting - again someone else puts a view forward as to why he wasn't sent off.

Could go on - its not just me!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024