Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is GAO desperate to sell. 18:02 - Jun 23 with 4735 viewsareasix

Word around that he cannot support the club any longer, no cash left so the club have had to go to the bank for an emergency loan until they can get some revenue on ticket sales or transfers.
Loan players will be got rid of ASAP to get the salary off the payroll ,well as much of it as possible.
Two current transfers out will be pushed forward asap just to raise some cash.
Season tickets launched early to try and get cash in.
Cash is king and we don’t have any at present!
The interest from America has dried up On a sale so it’s not a rosie picture off the pitch at present.

What’s the betting her 20% share will increase as she takes back More control.
Is GAO desperate to sell. on 18:06 - Jun 24 with 1033 viewsdirk_doone

Is GAO desperate to sell. on 18:00 - Jun 24 by DorsetIan

It is very weird. I still think it must be something like an indirect name awareness for Gao's main Chinese business Lander Sports, which is supposed to be nothing to do with Saints (not least because the Chinese govt now has (unless I am misrembering) a large stake in that business.

There is a bit more content on the LDSports site now but it still looks pretty amateurish - as if decent content is being provided by the Saints marketing people in terms of videos and player interviews, which is then being uploaded to a website by one bloke in his bedroom. There isn't even a button to translate everything to English as far as I can see.

https://www.ldsports.uk

Again, smacks of no cash to spend on a professional job.

But, hey ho, I think the horse has already bolted on the FA having decent systems and rules in place to rule out unsuitable owners.

Gao was forced to sell Lander Sports cheaply. He still has some shares in it but they're virtually worthless now anyway as the share price has plummeted from 21.86 yuan 5 years ago to just 2.62 yuan today.

https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/000558.SZ#eyJpbnRlcnZhbCI6IndlZWsiLCJwZXJpb2RpY2
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 18:30]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Is GAO desperate to sell. on 18:17 - Jun 24 with 1010 viewsDorsetIan

Is GAO desperate to sell. on 18:06 - Jun 24 by dirk_doone

Gao was forced to sell Lander Sports cheaply. He still has some shares in it but they're virtually worthless now anyway as the share price has plummeted from 21.86 yuan 5 years ago to just 2.62 yuan today.

https://finance.yahoo.com/chart/000558.SZ#eyJpbnRlcnZhbCI6IndlZWsiLCJwZXJpb2RpY2
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 18:30]

What was forcing the sale - the need for cash to pay back the loan he took out to buy Saints/to make payments to Kat?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Is GAO desperate to sell. on 18:19 - Jun 24 with 1006 viewsdirk_doone

Is GAO desperate to sell. on 18:17 - Jun 24 by DorsetIan

What was forcing the sale - the need for cash to pay back the loan he took out to buy Saints/to make payments to Kat?

Yes. If it had been a planned sale, he wouldn't have been forced to sell them when they were at such a low price .

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Is GAO desperate to sell. on 18:59 - Jun 24 with 980 viewsDorsetIan

Is GAO desperate to sell. on 18:19 - Jun 24 by dirk_doone

Yes. If it had been a planned sale, he wouldn't have been forced to sell them when they were at such a low price .

Good point.

No wonder he's trying to offload Saints.

Is GAO desperate to sell. on 20:36 - Jun 24 with 933 viewsBoris_

The whole LD Sports thing is most definitely just there as a vehicle for moving money around. The website after 12 months of trying would take on developer no more than a couple of days to build. It is very very average and not what you'd expect from a company that can afford to sponsor a Premier League team.

It's effectively just a fake company set up as a vehicle to move money out of China.

Poll: Claude Puel

Is GAO desperate to sell. on 21:18 - Jun 24 with 903 viewsDorsetIan

Is GAO desperate to sell. on 20:36 - Jun 24 by Boris_

The whole LD Sports thing is most definitely just there as a vehicle for moving money around. The website after 12 months of trying would take on developer no more than a couple of days to build. It is very very average and not what you'd expect from a company that can afford to sponsor a Premier League team.

It's effectively just a fake company set up as a vehicle to move money out of China.

I would like to see some evidence that it's difficult for someone like Gao to move money out of China, or at least when the situation changed because he didn't seem to have any bother moving £200m to buy Saints.

How much would you say that website would cost to build?

Is GAO desperate to sell. on 21:24 - Jun 24 with 896 viewsBoris_

Is GAO desperate to sell. on 21:18 - Jun 24 by DorsetIan

I would like to see some evidence that it's difficult for someone like Gao to move money out of China, or at least when the situation changed because he didn't seem to have any bother moving £200m to buy Saints.

How much would you say that website would cost to build?

It's just text and embedded videos. I'd be able to clone that exact website in the UK for less than £20k. With Chinese developers you could half that cost.

I don't know how good the app is as it is only available in China and I can't get a Chinese VPN to check but I imagine it's the same as the website so similar cost.

Not certain of the reason why LD are sponsoring Saints but I certainly don't think it's because they are a legitimate business/brand.

Poll: Claude Puel

Is GAO desperate to sell. on 21:39 - Jun 24 with 886 viewsDorsetIan

Is GAO desperate to sell. on 21:24 - Jun 24 by Boris_

It's just text and embedded videos. I'd be able to clone that exact website in the UK for less than £20k. With Chinese developers you could half that cost.

I don't know how good the app is as it is only available in China and I can't get a Chinese VPN to check but I imagine it's the same as the website so similar cost.

Not certain of the reason why LD are sponsoring Saints but I certainly don't think it's because they are a legitimate business/brand.

I suppose the interesting thing is that LD Sports also sponsor Espanyol, and Espanyol is also owned by a Chinese company, although not one obviously connected to Gao.

Login to get fewer ads

Is GAO desperate to sell. on 17:27 - Jun 25 with 801 viewsfranniesTache

Is GAO desperate to sell. on 21:24 - Jun 24 by Boris_

Done properly, with real strategy, design, hosting, development (front end and back end), testing, project management, qa, release strategy, social strategy, copy writing and content strategy, compliance and accessibility testing, performance and penetration testing, plus licence costs for a cms, middleware and analytics, it could be easily north of £150-£200k for a broucherware (non interactive or ecommerce) site.

In fact for some of the bigger players that can scale up into the millions, especially when you factor in localisation to other languages.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024