Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 03:11 - Jan 18 with 3047 viewsNotLoyal

Once again we lead you through the world of the Matchday thread where your thirst for knowledge is quenched and your desire for more is less. More or less.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City
EFL Championship
Tuesday January 19th 2020
Ewood Park
Kick Off 7pm

TV Choices

Swans TV or Radio Wales on the wireless. No doubt the hot pots will have their own version.

Match Officials
ROBERT JONES
Scott Ledger and Adrian Holmes
Fourth Official : Scott Oldham

Referee Robert Jones used to play for Swansea at throwing

Further good news for the swans is that fourth official Scott from Oldham isn’t a big fan of Blackburn, in fact he thinks they are dog stuff. He has promised to wind up Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray by winking at him and blowing kisses.

This is the second time the sides have met this season, when they met in the last game that was the first time this season. The very first time the sides ever, ever met was on the 9th January 1915. The swans won 1-0 in a first round FA Cup tie.

It wouldn’t be until 1936 when the teams next met. On the 7th November that year Swansea beat Blackburn 1-0 at the Vetch Field in league division two. The only time the sides have drawn 0-0 was on the 1st November 1980 at Ewood Park, not bad considering the sides have met 44 times before this match.

Here are the teams from the only 0-0 draw between the two clubs

Swans manager Steve Cooper and Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray are very close

A true love Story ( play the music to ‘OurTune’ Simon Bates Radio 1)
Sadly before Steve Cooper became a football manager he was living on the streets of Melton Mowbray, just outside Wales. His dad was a washed up old ref, his dog ‘Leroy’ ( because of all the fur) had been taken in to custody by the coppers, things were bloody tough. Then one day Tony Mowbray of Melton saw him sat in a bus stop near the village of Arsemartin, and straight away he took pity on him. Over time their relationship blossomed, gentle touching, the odd glance, a chuckle and a gaze when others were looking away.

Yes, Tony and Steve were in love.

Sadly, they knew that it would never work, Steve, as gentle as he could be in certain situations wanted to be on the grass, and when he wasn’t on the grass he wanted to be in the building. Tony could only watch as one day Steve packed his bags and walked away and out of his life. As he walked on to the rain splattered road as the sun rose over the Mowbrays Steve turned and said ‘ It’s the non negotiables Tone, that’s the problem, the non negotiables’. Tony knew Steve was right, and as he closed the door and sighed, he smiled, he loved Steve so much he had to let him go. And Steve knew it. And it wasn’t until now that we could reveal the real truth. ❤️

What the opposition fans think !
https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/34756-swansea-city-home/

Blackburn Rovers LATEST
Matchday News
Possibly 8 out injured

Battered and bruised at the weekend against Stoke City, Rovers were forced to replace both Joe Rothwell and Sam Gallagher due to injury in the 1-1 draw against the Potters. And with Elliott Bennett, Joe Rankin-Costello, Corry Evans, Daniel Ayala, Derrick Williams and Scott Wharton all out of action, Mowbray's hopeful that nobody else will be added to the list of casualties.There’s a few knocks and niggles, a few players who have been with the physios," Mowbray reported to iFollow Rovers. We’ll have to wait and see. Nobody’s ruling anybody out but nobody’s ruling anybody in. I’ve always got food for thought when it comes to selection and you can’t keep picking the same players when you have a game every few days. We’ll look to move a few things about, whilst keeping the same kind of intensity and playing how we like to play," he added. We’ll see tomorrow who’s available and try to pick a team to give Swansea problems."

Player in form
Freddie Woodman

More later

In the meantime here are some kittens.

And here is some Brazilian bum cream.

More news to follow.

Match postponed because Tony went mad with a hosepipe overnight.
We will dig this thread back up for the rearranged fixture.

Tony’s dad yesterday

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 07:59 - Jan 18 with 2461 views34dfgdf54

Their fans think the pitch is the worst in Championship, so more of the same as we saw on Saturday night I think. War of attrition.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 09:27 - Jan 18 with 2426 viewsbuilthjack

We have had plenty of practice on a poor pitch

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 10:01 - Jan 18 with 2419 viewsraynor94

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 07:59 - Jan 18 by 34dfgdf54

Their fans think the pitch is the worst in Championship, so more of the same as we saw on Saturday night I think. War of attrition.

Yellow weather warning for rain in the area tomorrow, could threaten the game.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 10:15 - Jan 18 with 2410 viewsswancity

If Keith Walker and Mark Harris can keep Shearer and Sutton quiet we should be ok. They’ve got a quick winger Ripley so John Ford needs to be at his best too.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 10:24 - Jan 18 with 2396 viewsonehunglow

Weather forecast is wet wet wet

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 12:41 - Jan 18 with 2311 viewssP7qupUf

I went to that match featured in the programme. Dug out a very good 0-0 that had a significant impact on us going up above them. Neil Brotherson had a late goal disallowed for offside. We all enjoyed a rousing chorus of "Sit down, Sit down"!!
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 14:02 - Jan 18 with 2251 viewsKeithHaynes

The Tony and Steve love story was one of your funniest moments NL.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 14:38 - Jan 18 with 2216 viewstrampie

Yet another massive game, fixture list has not been kind with two fixtures back to back up North for the Swans in a short timeframe.

Important Swans win to keep the pressure up, stay in second in the table with a cushion and stay second on PPG.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 15:28 - Jan 18 with 2182 viewsraynor94

A point would be more than satisfying after the quick turnaround

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 16:12 - Jan 18 with 2149 viewsswancity

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 15:28 - Jan 18 by raynor94

It would. Just a couple of hours training this morning and back up to Lancashire tonight it’s a tough tiring schedule to be fair to our lads.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 18:44 - Jan 18 with 2051 viewsReslovenSwan1

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 15:28 - Jan 18 by raynor94

Some bloke wanted three draws for the three away games before a trip to Swansea favourite hunting ground Yorkshire. . Swansea is not in a relegation battle. it smacks of low expection.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 18:55 - Jan 18 with 2039 viewsswancity

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 18:44 - Jan 18 by ReslovenSwan1

Some bloke wanted three draws for the three away games before a trip to Swansea favourite hunting ground Yorkshire. . Swansea is not in a relegation battle. it smacks of low expection.

It doesn’t smack of anything

A point at Blackburn will indeed be satisfying

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 19:33 - Jan 18 with 2002 viewstrampie

A draw would not be a bad result but we need to be looking to win again, there are only 2 automatic spots up for grabs.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 22:53 - Jan 18 with 1868 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Just think - January 19th 2020. We could all go to this one!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 09:33 - Jan 19 with 1722 viewsNotLoyal

They have loads out, I hope this goes ahead.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 10:08 - Jan 19 with 1695 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 09:33 - Jan 19 by NotLoyal

It will Shirley

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 10:17 - Jan 19 with 1691 views34dfgdf54

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 09:33 - Jan 19 by NotLoyal

That's what I like to hear!!

Hopefully it's on then, but they may well do a Derby just cancel.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 11:33 - Jan 19 with 1621 viewsBoundy

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 10:17 - Jan 19 by 34dfgdf54

Games OFF pitch is water logged

https://www.not606.com/threads/blackburn-rovers-v-swansea-city.389747/#post-1452

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 11:33 - Jan 19 with 1622 viewsVincent_Vega

Games off

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 11:34 - Jan 19 with 1618 viewsAndyCole

MATCH POSTPONED ?

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 11:47 - Jan 19 with 1598 viewsDr_Parnassus

I didn't have a great feeling about this match, I am not too disappointed. By the time we play them again we should have a stronger squad with the incoming players.

Next league match is Brentford so we will be fresh for that one, against a team we are fighting for automatics with.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 12:03 - Jan 19 with 1581 viewsKeithHaynes

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 11:47 - Jan 19 by Dr_Parnassus

I didn't have a great feeling about this match, I am not too disappointed. By the time we play them again we should have a stronger squad with the incoming players.

Next league match is Brentford so we will be fresh for that one, against a team we are fighting for automatics with.

I forgot about the Brentford game 😂🤪

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 12:46 - Jan 19 with 1541 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 10:17 - Jan 19 by 34dfgdf54

I bet they were out watering the damn pitch into the early hours

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 16:36 - Jan 19 with 1437 viewsSheffieldjack

Postponed - waterlogged pitch!
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 16:40 - Jan 19 with 1429 viewsraynor94

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Tues Jan 19th 2020 on 16:36 - Jan 19 by Sheffieldjack

Postponed - waterlogged pitch!

Like a razor!😁

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024