Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The cost to the club of Bottomley staying 17:52 - Apr 10 with 9735 viewsdawlishdale

I urge everyone to post on here if they will not be getting a season ticket for next year if Bottomley is still at the club. Please keep a running total based purely on the cost of season tickets at this years prices.

It's time he was shown how much his awful tenure is costing in the genuine hope that he does the decent thing and resigns.

There's 3 of us All Adults in the Main Stand. We won't be buying unless Bottomley goes.

£1080
The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 00:13 - Apr 11 with 1904 viewsToffeemanc

The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 19:40 - Apr 10 by rafc1977

Two adults in the Sandy (me & Dad) so another £400 here.

Running total £5885

2 x Pearl Street for me £540
Running total = £6425

Didn't renew this year either for the first time in 13 years and won't be putting another penny into the club until Bottomley has gone.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 11:53 - Apr 11 with 1645 viewsEllDale

I’m keeping my £200 worth in my pocket until the last possible minute.
To reiterate what I said in another thread a little while ago, I want to see the state of the playing squad and who is in charge of running before I invest again.
They could announce £50 season tickets tomorrow and I wouldn’t buy one.
The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 12:21 - Apr 11 with 1600 viewsbluevein64

The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 19:39 - Apr 10 by judd

There is a board meeting a week on Monday, which will surely decide on whether or not to invite Chris Dunphy back on board for him to implement his board restructure.

I think this potential season ticket strike should be at the forefront of the agenda also.

Excellent post 49th - calm in the eye of the storm - I agree that something has to change but it's unclear what a season ticket purchase boycott will or won't achieve, I've thought all along that if we (Dale Fans) hit them (Dale Board) in the pocket then that'll be their ready made excuse if/when Rochdale AFC goes bang however, I suspect quite a lot of Bury FC supporters would gladly swap places with Dale right now !
The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 12:34 - Apr 11 with 1574 viewsSandyman

The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 12:21 - Apr 11 by bluevein64

Excellent post 49th - calm in the eye of the storm - I agree that something has to change but it's unclear what a season ticket purchase boycott will or won't achieve, I've thought all along that if we (Dale Fans) hit them (Dale Board) in the pocket then that'll be their ready made excuse if/when Rochdale AFC goes bang however, I suspect quite a lot of Bury FC supporters would gladly swap places with Dale right now !

"Ready made excuse" maybe but that leads to the question, "but why did they boycott?". Ball back in their court then.
The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 12:49 - Apr 11 with 1546 viewsD_Alien

The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 12:21 - Apr 11 by bluevein64

The proposed withholding of ST money would be in SUPPORT of the takeover by the former Chairman. Why is that not being seen as a positive by those who're at the same time saying they want CD to succeed in his proposed takeover bid?

Right now, it's the only leverage we as fans can exert, and the maximum possible pressure must be brought to bear to rid the Dale of the current regime. And as it happens, the majority of us are pretty calm about it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 13:02 - Apr 11 with 1493 viewsjudd

The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 12:49 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

The proposed withholding of ST money would be in SUPPORT of the takeover by the former Chairman. Why is that not being seen as a positive by those who're at the same time saying they want CD to succeed in his proposed takeover bid?

Right now, it's the only leverage we as fans can exert, and the maximum possible pressure must be brought to bear to rid the Dale of the current regime. And as it happens, the majority of us are pretty calm about it

If they let the club go bang, it will be taken over in any case, I would hope.

If share holders are not getting a response to emailed requests about an EGM, might I suggest they phone the club and make public the responses (or lack of)?

At present we do not have a company secretary since John Smallwood resigned (anyone know why?), but I would expect an accountant or the chief executive to be able to deal with such a request.

Poll: What is it to be then?

The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 13:05 - Apr 11 with 1476 viewsD_Alien

The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 13:02 - Apr 11 by judd

If they let the club go bang, it will be taken over in any case, I would hope.

If share holders are not getting a response to emailed requests about an EGM, might I suggest they phone the club and make public the responses (or lack of)?

At present we do not have a company secretary since John Smallwood resigned (anyone know why?), but I would expect an accountant or the chief executive to be able to deal with such a request.

Excally, the "just going bang" scenario that's being portrayed is far too simplistic and amounts to scaremongering

What's George Delves' role? Would he not be able to facilitate any due process?

The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 13:08 - Apr 11 with 1454 viewsjudd

The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 13:05 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

Excally, the "just going bang" scenario that's being portrayed is far too simplistic and amounts to scaremongering

What's George Delves' role? Would he not be able to facilitate any due process?

He is club secretary - deals with football administration.

Different position entirely to company secretary.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 13:09 - Apr 11 with 1443 viewsD_Alien

The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 13:08 - Apr 11 by judd

He is club secretary - deals with football administration.

Different position entirely to company secretary.

Cheers. But this all helps in trying to navigate a way through the quagmire, both for shareholders and for non-shareholding fans

The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 16:35 - Apr 11 with 1275 viewsSandyman

The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 13:09 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

Cheers. But this all helps in trying to navigate a way through the quagmire, both for shareholders and for non-shareholding fans

Yep. Two different things. The Club Sec. post was advertised thus:
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/october/vacancy_clubsecretary/

The Company Secretary role has been performed (as noted on other threads) by several different people, the last being John Smallwood.

Who the current company secretary is, I don't know. There appears to be a requirement to submit the appointment / resignation of "a secretary" to Companies House. I'm guessing this won't apply to Mr Delves' current role (who knows he may become Company Sec. as well) but we are apparently running without a Company Secretary at the moment.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00111019/fili

https://www.gov.uk/limited-company-formation/appoint-directors-and-company-secre

On 6 April 2008 legislation changed such that limited companies are no longer required to appoint a company secretary. However, even though appointing a company secretary is no longer compulsory for limited companies, many still do.
A company’s articles of association can explicitly require a limited company to appoint a company secretary. Ours do mention "Secretary" shall include any person appointed to perform the duties of Secretary temporarily" and that a "Secretary" is required to sign share certificates along with two directors on issue.
The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 16:39 - Apr 11 with 1261 viewsD_Alien

The cost to the club of Bottomley staying on 16:35 - Apr 11 by Sandyman

Yep. Two different things. The Club Sec. post was advertised thus:
https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/october/vacancy_clubsecretary/

The Company Secretary role has been performed (as noted on other threads) by several different people, the last being John Smallwood.

Who the current company secretary is, I don't know. There appears to be a requirement to submit the appointment / resignation of "a secretary" to Companies House. I'm guessing this won't apply to Mr Delves' current role (who knows he may become Company Sec. as well) but we are apparently running without a Company Secretary at the moment.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00111019/fili

https://www.gov.uk/limited-company-formation/appoint-directors-and-company-secre

On 6 April 2008 legislation changed such that limited companies are no longer required to appoint a company secretary. However, even though appointing a company secretary is no longer compulsory for limited companies, many still do.
A company’s articles of association can explicitly require a limited company to appoint a company secretary. Ours do mention "Secretary" shall include any person appointed to perform the duties of Secretary temporarily" and that a "Secretary" is required to sign share certificates along with two directors on issue.

Again, cheers for that

The more the workings and requirements of the Club and Board are aired, the healthier the atmosphere, informed the debate and ultimately, precise the action

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024