Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? 17:53 - Apr 18 with 5086 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I discovered earlier today that over 50% of Wales' players who featured in their most recent match against Czech Republic were not born in Wales.

Seven of the thirteen (54.8%) players were born in England. Not only that - these English footballers are limited in their talent and ability. England could put perhaps 20+ matchday squads together before some of these players would finally be considered for selection.

I read and hear a lot of non-Welsh football fans ridicule Wales as "England B", however quite frankly it is more like "England T" or "England U".

How many other international teams are this desperate? Perhaps Jamaica? Even the Scot's aren't this desperate (although their best player is English as well).

As someone who follows and supports both England and Wales, it doesn't really bother me. However I'd be interested to hear the opinions of those who regularly express a strong dislike of England. How can you justify your dislike of England when your national team (and club side) is dominated by English footballers?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 18:39 - Apr 19 with 790 viewsbritferry

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 15:23 - Apr 19 by Kilkennyjack

1990 world cup was the very last time many people in Cymru followed the progress of England.

Nobody renembers 1966. You would have to be at least 60 ffs.

Once the Home Internationals got binned in 1984, then England became like any other team.
England blamed Wales and the north of Ireland for holding back their march to global dominance.
Anyone know how its going for them ?

🤷‍♂️

1966... Aberfan you mean?

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 20:33 - Apr 19 with 760 viewsKilkennyjack

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 18:39 - Apr 19 by britferry

1966... Aberfan you mean?

If you look i was replying to a specific point about England winning the world cup.

Beware of the Risen People

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 08:59 - Apr 20 with 695 viewsonehunglow

England won the world cup.
Most on here weren't around and just like the miners strike, apocryphal tales are passed down by from the mother's breast. If you weren't there ,then you don't know.

Clearly now 60 is the age when it open season tarts to insult older people.

Sometimes,I look around at the youth today (yeah sound old) and cry at their shallow sense of self entitlement and naievity.They truly know nowt .It's painful to see,

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 11:26 - Apr 20 with 690 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 18:16 - Apr 19 by Kilkennyjack

The women are all beautiul.
The man are all handsome.
The coastline magnificent.
The mountains are incredible.
The language is a treasure.
The sports teams fantastic to support.
The greatest of parliamentarians.
Feared by no nation.
Huge cultural festivals.
European to the core.
John Charles.

But their bloody neighbours .... well thats another thing ...

That it is full of deluded people.
Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 14:33 - Apr 20 with 670 viewsKilkennyjack

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 08:59 - Apr 20 by onehunglow

England won the world cup.
Most on here weren't around and just like the miners strike, apocryphal tales are passed down by from the mother's breast. If you weren't there ,then you don't know.

Clearly now 60 is the age when it open season tarts to insult older people.

Sometimes,I look around at the youth today (yeah sound old) and cry at their shallow sense of self entitlement and naievity.They truly know nowt .It's painful to see,

In 1966 only about 5 nations played football seriously - Brazil, Argentina, Italy, England and W Germany.

It was played in England back yard.

The Russian lino with the white belt cheated. Ball not over the line.

Scotland hammered England in 1967.

I think it was an achievement of sorts, but nothing like winning it or the Euros in the modern era.

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 14:54 - Apr 20 with 661 viewsKeithHaynes

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 14:33 - Apr 20 by Kilkennyjack

In 1966 only about 5 nations played football seriously - Brazil, Argentina, Italy, England and W Germany.

I think it was an achievement of sorts, but nothing like winning it or the Euros in the modern era.

England didn’t play any World Cup qualifiers between 1962 and 1981. Incredible really, the club game was revered throughout the world in the 70’s. But internationally barring that dodgy ref in the euros for wales in 1976 and the Scottish side, which was very strong, nothing really to shout about.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 17:57 - Apr 20 with 630 viewsraynor94

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 14:33 - Apr 20 by Kilkennyjack

Have you ever heard of Benfica? Scotland beat England 3-2 hardly a hammering, oh and it was a European qualifier which Scotland missed out on in the end

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 18:58 - Apr 20 with 610 viewsonehunglow

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 17:57 - Apr 20 by raynor94

Have you ever heard of Benfica? Scotland beat England 3-2 hardly a hammering, oh and it was a European qualifier which Scotland missed out on in the end

Stadio da Luz in Lisboa is a great place to go Ray.

Login to get fewer ads

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 21:12 - Apr 20 with 582 viewsKilkennyjack

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 17:57 - Apr 20 by raynor94

Baxter sat on the ball, Scotland took the p@ss.

Humbled at home is not really the mark of world champions.

As i said, it was something. Thats about it.

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 21:49 - Apr 20 with 576 viewslifelong

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 15:23 - Apr 19 by Kilkennyjack

1990 world cup was the very last time many people in Cymru followed the progress of England.

Nobody renembers 1966. You would have to be at least 60 ffs.

Once the Home Internationals got binned in 1984, then England became like any other team.
England blamed Wales and the north of Ireland for holding back their march to global dominance.
Anyone know how its going for them ?

🤷‍♂️

I remember 66 well, I was 18 at the time and watched the game in a social club in the Swansea Valley. The place was packed with miners who were all supporting Germany, I couldn’t understand why at the time. I’ve learned to understand fully now though.
Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 21:52 - Apr 20 with 571 viewsonehunglow

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 21:49 - Apr 20 by lifelong

I remember 66 well, I was 18 at the time and watched the game in a social club in the Swansea Valley. The place was packed with miners who were all supporting Germany, I couldn’t understand why at the time. I’ve learned to understand fully now though.

That is many years of bitterness then..no wonder you post with so much hate .

Hate is what it is

I was 16 and thought the same .

I grew up.

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 21:54 - Apr 20 with 572 viewslifelong

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 21:52 - Apr 20 by onehunglow

Hate is what it is

I grew up.

You could have fooled me.
Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 21:59 - Apr 20 with 567 viewsReslovenSwan1

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 21:52 - Apr 20 by onehunglow

Hate is what it is

I grew up.

Man Utfd fans do the same things when Liverpool play Bayern Munchen. Wales is part of the UK and acts in a similar tribal way. Why would they be any different?.

You got married I suspect and that was your 'enlightenment'.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 22:12 - Apr 20 with 559 viewsraynor94

Why do fans of Wales' national team have so little pride for their country? on 21:12 - Apr 20 by Kilkennyjack

Baxter sat on the ball, Scotland took the p@ss.

Humbled at home is not really the mark of world champions.

As i said, it was something. Thats about it.

Why don't you answer the points I made, Benfica were one of the finest teams in Europe during the 60s, the mainstay of the Portuguese national team.

Scotland beat England, but failed to qualify, for the finals.

Have another Google.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024