Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we've got a good'un!!! 19:51 - Dec 17 with 12836 viewsShotKneesHoop

Post match interview: - "I want a team that identifies with what the supporters want" Neil Critchley .

I could never think of Beale ever saying that. I reckon we're about to get our Rangers back. So impressed with what Neil Critchley did today. For example:-

1. Putting Adomah on the wing. Second half, he was brilliant.
2. Not piss balling about always playing it out from the back as the first option.
3. Getting Jimmy Dunne to monster the back four.
4. Wining so many turnovers.
5. Making getting a shot off as the first option.
6. Giving Dykes some service to work with at last.
7. Above all, giving some shithousery back to the kings of it, and they don't like it up them.
8. I really like the look and sound of this bloke, he's no Bertie Bollox. I think we've got a good' un.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2022 19:59]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 13:31 - Dec 18 with 3551 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 11:12 - Dec 18 by Antti_Heinola

Largely agree with Punter.
What England have tried to do as I said was produce more technical players. That has happened and is undoubtedly successful. Obviously, playing slow sideways football is (hopefully) not the goal. Spain were scintillating in 2008 and only really became dull because no one could live with them so resorted to everyone behind the ball, compact as possible. Spain would still win, and did, but it was dull. It wasn’t, however, Spain’s fault.
Suspect Hoddle was in Spain for the weather.
England’s real model has been France - southgate in particular is v influenced by Deschamps’ policy of little risk.
We weren’t poor v Senegal because we were playing like Spain - it was just slow football.

Punter we’ll have to disagree on yesterday. Loads to appreciate and i certainly enjoyed it for lots of reasons. But technically it was pretty poor all round. It’s a classic fan reaction to be delighted by it, but had Jimmy’s knee shot hit the bar and bounced away and Preston had scored one of their couple of chances, I guarantee not a single poster on here would be posting about passion, grit, great long balls etc. it would be ‘clueless football’, ‘didn’t create anything’, ‘loan players shirked all day’, ‘dykes is useless’ and so on. Exactly the same performance, but different result yields comically different reactions. Just to reiterate though: delighted with yesterday and tons of positives, but as a group of fans we’d do well to greet defeat with a little more patience and wins like yesterday with a little more restraint imo.

Largely agree with your analysis of yesterday. Antti. Had we not won there would be some consternation about aspects of our performance - ball retention in particular. What I did like, though, was the improved aggression and hunting, improved delivery from set pieces and the increase in attacking from midfield.

Agree with your take on England, too, FWIW.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 13:33 - Dec 18 with 3549 viewsPunteR

What England have tried to do as I said was produce more technical players. That has happened and is undoubtedly successful. Obviously, playing slow sideways football is (hopefully) not the goal. Spain were scintillating in 2008 and only really became dull because no one could live with them so resorted to everyone behind the ball, compact as possible. Spain would still win, and did, but it was dull. It wasn’t, however, Spain’s fault.
England’s real model has been France - southgate in particular is v influenced by Deschamps’ policy of little risk.
We weren’t poor v Senegal because we were playing like Spain - it was just slow football.

Punter we’ll have to disagree on yesterday. Loads to appreciate and i certainly enjoyed it for lots of reasons. But technically it was pretty poor all round. It’s a classic fan reaction to be delighted by it, but had Jimmy’s knee shot hit the bar and bounced away and Preston had scored one of their couple of chances, I guarantee not a single poster on here would be posting about passion, grit, great long balls etc. it would be ‘clueless football’, ‘didn’t create anything’, ‘loan players shirked all day’, ‘dykes is useless’ and so on. Exactly the same performance, but different result yields comically different reactions. Just to reiterate though: delighted with yesterday and tons of positives, but as a group of fans we’d do well to greet defeat with a little more patience and wins like yesterday with a little more restraint imo.

To my untrained eye we seemed to have a game plan as a team. Individually they won their battles. There was some cute tidy one ,two and triangle passes. Lots of Individual skill taking on players, lots of throwing bodies on the line. Defenders getting across their man for first balls. I thought it was a good all round performance.
They made mistakes, sloppy passing who I thought Tim was the biggest culprit ,some clear cut goal chances ,step forward Willock ,but we took the game to Preston. I can't really fault a performance like that. I guess if you are more aware of the technical attributes of the game there's probably lots for the coaches to consider but for me at this level i thought it was pretty good.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 13:39 - Dec 18 with 3507 viewsBklynRanger

Didn't see the game but followed the match thread which was positive. Two things I liked about Critcho's interview afterwards were how pleased he was with the win, and similarly how enthusiastic he was. about having 'loads' to do with the players over the next week - sounds like he has a plan and wants to get on with it which is good enough for me.
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 13:46 - Dec 18 with 3508 viewsE15Hoop

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 13:01 - Dec 18 by Boston

Did you hear when a Burnley caller used the words Mick Beale as a perjorative?

Really? That's brilliant, considering how up himself the Rangers fan was. I was originally going to phone in support of Gareth Southgate becuase there was a big thread on England, then this idiot Rangers fan called and started giving Sutton a hard time. The call came out for QPR fans to ring in, so I thought I can't resist telling the world how W12 REALLY feels about he whose name we will not mention..
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 13:56 - Dec 18 with 3483 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 13:31 - Dec 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Largely agree with your analysis of yesterday. Antti. Had we not won there would be some consternation about aspects of our performance - ball retention in particular. What I did like, though, was the improved aggression and hunting, improved delivery from set pieces and the increase in attacking from midfield.

Agree Brian - lots to be happy about!

Bare bones.

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 14:11 - Dec 18 with 3445 viewsPinnerPaul

Take your point about yesterday - up to a point BUT we created loads, not just Jimmy's chance.

We had possession in their penalty area more in the first 20 minutes than the whole of last Sunday and you would need to be an idiot not see the effort and application was night and day compared to v Burnley.

Ifs, buts and maybes - OK, but you can say that about any game.

Like to think, even if we lose that 1-0 - which would have been VERY harsh, most on here would have seen the improvement - Jimmy's effort goes in or not, no way on earth could any aspect of that performance be called "useless"
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 18:34 - Dec 18 with 3310 viewshubble

Nice interview with Jimmy

[Post edited 18 Dec 2022 18:48]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 19:23 - Dec 18 with 3223 viewsPunteR

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 18:34 - Dec 18 by hubble

Love Jimmy. Speaks really well about the game. Honest professional.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 19:23 - Dec 18 with 3226 viewsE15Hoop

Nice one, Hubble. Thanks for sharing.

He talks like a manager already!
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 19:49 - Dec 18 with 3165 viewsT_Block

Our new manager need s to be judged after 10 games to be fair to the man.
I sense it is about man management and finding out who wants to play for Rangers and /or is a proper professional.The players are good enough for this league.
Curiously I ,as a fan would have said pick Dunne in the defence .Talking with other fans we believe Dunne wants to play for the clubland every side need a heart and he looks like it.

Oh and Get Chair and Willock to work as a pair.See what Critchley thinks.

Tim is an exceptional player but we all expect him to be playing for Glasgow Rangers next season-if Beale lasts that long
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:27 - Dec 18 with 3099 viewsLogman

Agreed. Let's wait a bit before we go O.T.T about Critchley. Yes, that was promising against Preston but let's not forget that that was the team that he inherited yesterday and I think much of what they did was engrained from before he arrived.

Also, we need to be less bi-polar about the contrast with the Burnley game last Sunday. Burnley were a different class last Sunday, we didn't play badly during the second half last Sunday and we shouldn't be going over-board against the contrast against an average Preston team yesterday.
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:33 - Dec 18 with 3073 viewsRangersw12

I take a few of his comments about calmness and simplifying things as a dig against PBBC
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:42 - Dec 18 with 3026 viewsLogman

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:33 - Dec 18 by Rangersw12

I take a few of his comments about calmness and simplifying things as a dig against PBBC

Possibly. PBBC did place a big emphasis on playing it out from the back whenever possible. Possibly too much. Let's see !
[Post edited 18 Dec 2022 20:43]
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 21:29 - Dec 18 with 2885 viewszizoustainrod

Totally agree Antti.
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 00:57 - Dec 19 with 2634 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 14:11 - Dec 18 by PinnerPaul

Take your point about yesterday - up to a point BUT we created loads, not just Jimmy's chance.

We had possession in their penalty area more in the first 20 minutes than the whole of last Sunday and you would need to be an idiot not see the effort and application was night and day compared to v Burnley.

Ifs, buts and maybes - OK, but you can say that about any game.

Like to think, even if we lose that 1-0 - which would have been VERY harsh, most on here would have seen the improvement - Jimmy's effort goes in or not, no way on earth could any aspect of that performance be called "useless"

'Ifs, buts and maybes - OK, but you can say that about any game.' - That's my point.

'Like to think, even if we lose that 1-0 - which would have been VERY harsh, most on here would have seen the improvement' - Mate, that is adorable.

Bare bones.

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 05:43 - Dec 19 with 2518 viewsnix

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 13:31 - Dec 18 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree it wasn't a perfect performance yesterday Brian but the bits you feel we improved in are exactly those aspects that make me feel heartened. Part of the reason we have had such a bad run, not just against Burnley but as bottom of the form table, is that we haven't been doing the basics: winning duels, running back to support the defence, running forward into the box, making ourselves available for the player with the ball, and marking in set pieces. From the first five minutes it was obvious our movement and commitment were greatly improved.

Iroegbunan, Paal and Laird looked like different players as a result because they actually looked like they were putting in a shift from the outset. It's not so much that I felt we were going to win the game, it's more that I thought we had a chance to win the game. The way it always looks to me is that when we're not committed it looks like the other team has an extra player. So they're seemingly able to both double mark when we're in possession and have an extra man stretching us in attack.

Definitely not the messiah after one match. Definitely not clear that we've turned things around after one game. But certainly grounds for optimism, which I'm clinging onto after such a depressing run!

However, I take yours and Anttii's point about not getting carried away and being more balanced about our performances, whether we win or lose.
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 13:37 - Dec 19 with 2264 viewsQPROslo

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 05:43 - Dec 19 by nix

I agree it wasn't a perfect performance yesterday Brian but the bits you feel we improved in are exactly those aspects that make me feel heartened. Part of the reason we have had such a bad run, not just against Burnley but as bottom of the form table, is that we haven't been doing the basics: winning duels, running back to support the defence, running forward into the box, making ourselves available for the player with the ball, and marking in set pieces. From the first five minutes it was obvious our movement and commitment were greatly improved.

Iroegbunan, Paal and Laird looked like different players as a result because they actually looked like they were putting in a shift from the outset. It's not so much that I felt we were going to win the game, it's more that I thought we had a chance to win the game. The way it always looks to me is that when we're not committed it looks like the other team has an extra player. So they're seemingly able to both double mark when we're in possession and have an extra man stretching us in attack.

Definitely not the messiah after one match. Definitely not clear that we've turned things around after one game. But certainly grounds for optimism, which I'm clinging onto after such a depressing run!

However, I take yours and Anttii's point about not getting carried away and being more balanced about our performances, whether we win or lose.

I do agree our performance as a team was much improved from Burnley. Thought Tim was much better the Preston game, his runs through their midfield made him my MOM. If he can keep that up he will have a very good season for us especially if he can add some goals. I thought Laird was at least as good against Burnley as he was yesterday, as was Paal really. I hope Paal can get forward more than he has been, he seems overly reluctant to do that, possibly under orders to stay back when Laird, and yesterday also Field to an extent, are getting forward.
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 15:27 - Dec 19 with 2144 viewsPinnerPaul

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 00:57 - Dec 19 by Antti_Heinola

'Ifs, buts and maybes - OK, but you can say that about any game.' - That's my point.

'Like to think, even if we lose that 1-0 - which would have been VERY harsh, most on here would have seen the improvement' - Mate, that is adorable.

Sorry AH, as Clive said you could see after 15 minutes it was night and day v Burnley.

Ignore the dodgy fk for their first, as Clive pointed out look how many "tackles" their bloke walked through to get the shot away for the 2nd goal.

It was night and day and you're doing everyone on here a disservice if you think that last volley goes in from PNE and everyone is on here saying how poor we were - we just weren't.
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 16:08 - Dec 19 with 2067 viewsHayesender

All he's gotta do now, is to get us scoring in front of the Loft.

Incidentally, how many goals from open play did we score at the Loft end under he who's name I shall not mention?

Was it just the one?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 17:11 - Dec 19 with 1989 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 15:27 - Dec 19 by PinnerPaul

Sorry AH, as Clive said you could see after 15 minutes it was night and day v Burnley.

Ignore the dodgy fk for their first, as Clive pointed out look how many "tackles" their bloke walked through to get the shot away for the 2nd goal.

It was night and day and you're doing everyone on here a disservice if you think that last volley goes in from PNE and everyone is on here saying how poor we were - we just weren't.

We battered the absolute sh!t out of Huddersfield and everyone said we were terrible. Proper meltdown. Obviously the sensible posters can see it, but the usual suspects who can't see past a result wouldn't have been going mad had we lost on Saturday. Because they always do.

Sorry mate, I agree with you, it was light years from Burnley, but that wasn't really my point. I think Clive is the best football writer in the world, I know him a tiny bit and also think he's very nice. I agree with most of what he says. But for me, his reaction to the Huddersfield game was unfair, and his reaction to Saturday was generous. That's what results do.

Bare bones.

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 17:12 - Dec 19 with 1975 viewsDannyPaddox

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 16:08 - Dec 19 by Hayesender

All he's gotta do now, is to get us scoring in front of the Loft.

Incidentally, how many goals from open play did we score at the Loft end under he who's name I shall not mention?

Was it just the one?

Funny I can’t remember the blokes name either. You know, the one that left us a tad Bealeagured.
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 17:22 - Dec 19 with 1934 viewsLongsufferingR

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 17:12 - Dec 19 by DannyPaddox

Funny I can’t remember the blokes name either. You know, the one that left us a tad Bealeagured.

Me neither but he certainly wasn't the Be-ale and end all
I think we've got a good'un!!! on 17:59 - Dec 19 with 1828 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I can't get past my disappointment in the players, even two days after they won at Preston.

Yes, they worked hard on Saturday, but that only served to contrast with their downed-tools displays in the games prior to that. Regardless of their feelings for the previous manager, they are grown-up professionals, and they play for our club and for the supporters and it's just not acceptable to choose where and when they put effort in.

It'll be a while before I trust some of them again.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 18:42 - Dec 19 with 1761 viewsconnell10

I'll keep me powder dry after the Benny The Bealeshitter debacle!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

I think we've got a good'un!!! on 20:07 - Dec 19 with 1676 viewsBucksRanger

At least Neil doesn't sound like a wannabe gangster out of a Guy Ritchie movie. That's a major leap forward for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024