Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! 07:57 - Mar 25 with 3517 viewsTalkingSutty

The manager must be shellshocked by what he is witnessing at this club. I suppose he has to keep backing the players in public because they are the cards he has been dealt by the previous manager (Eyre).

Until relegation is sealed he has to massage a few egos and continue to try to coax a run of performances out of the players at his disposal, its a situation which if he did have any hair (he hasnt) he would have pulled it out over the last couple of months.

Prediction time, once relegation is sealed we string two or three wins together. All of a sudden some of them start to up their work rate and enthusiasm in an attempt to be retained by the club, it wouldnt surprise me.

Once the season finishes i want to see the real John Coleman, he looks a tough cookie but is he really a sheep in wolfs clothing ? I want to see the biggest clear out since Cyril Smith had that dodgy curry from the Omar Kayam. I want him to be bloody ruthless with this lot and get rid !!

John Colemans managerial reign starts once our fate as been sealed, thats when i will start to judge him. The players he recruits will be a reflection on himself, no big time Charlies or sulky petulant spoil brats. A team full of John Bowdens would be ideal, sadly they are few and far between these days !!

Its not a exaggeration to say that a lot of the performances (Tranmere first half) have left me feeling physically sick this season and how those that travelled down to London yesterday are coping god only knows. No fight, no bottle, if it was a horse it would be put down in order to aleviate any more suffering !!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 08:56 - Mar 25 with 2119 viewsmikehunt

My thoughts entirely I hope he is given carte blanche and has the balls to do just that. And not build the team around any existing players.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 09:44 - Mar 25 with 2051 viewsfrenzied

weve managed to squander every opportunity to make some headway...Carlisle Notts C Tranmere and now Brentford..some dire performances amongst em.

Saturday gives us one more chance altho tiny,i will again go and back the lads for 90 mins cos it what fans do ..the rantings of Adams etc i dont really care about i'll still be going to Spotland once he and others have dissapeared into football obscurity.

Weve failed all season to put together 3 decent results in a row,the table tells no lies after 46 games,,we are where we are because these players are not good enough,im sure they try their best i expect no less but if they aint got the talent its time to move on.
Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 09:52 - Mar 25 with 2034 viewsTalkingSutty

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 09:44 - Mar 25 by frenzied

weve managed to squander every opportunity to make some headway...Carlisle Notts C Tranmere and now Brentford..some dire performances amongst em.

Saturday gives us one more chance altho tiny,i will again go and back the lads for 90 mins cos it what fans do ..the rantings of Adams etc i dont really care about i'll still be going to Spotland once he and others have dissapeared into football obscurity.

Weve failed all season to put together 3 decent results in a row,the table tells no lies after 46 games,,we are where we are because these players are not good enough,im sure they try their best i expect no less but if they aint got the talent its time to move on.

Agree, we will all be there next Saturday and even though you feel like booing and venting your spleen what good does that do once they are on the pitch ? None.

Lets keep getting behind the lads until the end of the season, it will be one less excuse for the players to use to explain their often woeful performances. If they wait for the loyal supporters to throw the towel in they will have a very long wait. Up the Dale !!
Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 10:28 - Mar 25 with 1959 viewsNigelWatson

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 09:52 - Mar 25 by TalkingSutty

Agree, we will all be there next Saturday and even though you feel like booing and venting your spleen what good does that do once they are on the pitch ? None.

Lets keep getting behind the lads until the end of the season, it will be one less excuse for the players to use to explain their often woeful performances. If they wait for the loyal supporters to throw the towel in they will have a very long wait. Up the Dale !!

Jordan wasn't interested. He did not want to run for the ball. JLAA is a fan's favourite - I don't know why! He looks like a footballer, however, he can't play: no footballing brain. He definitely should have crossed for Jones. Tutte played well - he's mobile and he looks like he enjoys playing football. The two centre halves are class. The keeper did nothing wrong, so, Dale were effectively playing with 4 players. McConville looked out of his depth at this level. Kennedy did nothing - a passenger. Jones tried hard, but he's clearly out of form, but unlike the likes of Jordan and Kennedy, at least he tried. A major clear out is needed this summer. I would have thought that many of these guys will struggle to find new League 1, or even L2 clubs, e.g. Kennedy, Jordan, Symes (was he playing????) You would have thought that they would have tried harder to win a contract. Weird.
Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 10:32 - Mar 25 with 1944 views442Dale

Jordan has his contract.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 10:57 - Mar 25 with 1897 viewsRAFCBLUE

There is scope to change everything about this club again for the better under JC - which is a bizarre statement to make nine months after the departure of Keith Hill. The best analogy for yesterday was seeing a dying family pet slowly deteriorate to the pointwhen the kindest thing to do would be to put it out of its misery.

With 7 games left we need 16 points to survive - not going to happen with this squad who don't look like they could win an argument nevermind a league 1 game.

Once mathematically down, we should save the finances for next season - send back the loanees who we are paying for, stop playing people on "appearance" related deals and no hotel stays - get a culture that understands the club as Hill started back in 2007 when he found us 2nd bottom of the league.

If I was a player, I'd be worried about my future and even if I had a contract for next year. Excluding current loanees, I'd only keep Jason Kennedy for next season as things stand.

We've seen 4 years of progress and hard graft destroyed by nine months of ineptitude - both off the field as well as on it.

From the moment relegation is confirmed, it's either a massive rebuilding job from board and manager or another 40 years of waiting.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 11:20 - Mar 25 with 1852 viewsColDale

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 10:57 - Mar 25 by RAFCBLUE

There is scope to change everything about this club again for the better under JC - which is a bizarre statement to make nine months after the departure of Keith Hill. The best analogy for yesterday was seeing a dying family pet slowly deteriorate to the pointwhen the kindest thing to do would be to put it out of its misery.

With 7 games left we need 16 points to survive - not going to happen with this squad who don't look like they could win an argument nevermind a league 1 game.

Once mathematically down, we should save the finances for next season - send back the loanees who we are paying for, stop playing people on "appearance" related deals and no hotel stays - get a culture that understands the club as Hill started back in 2007 when he found us 2nd bottom of the league.

If I was a player, I'd be worried about my future and even if I had a contract for next year. Excluding current loanees, I'd only keep Jason Kennedy for next season as things stand.

We've seen 4 years of progress and hard graft destroyed by nine months of ineptitude - both off the field as well as on it.

From the moment relegation is confirmed, it's either a massive rebuilding job from board and manager or another 40 years of waiting.

I personally think that we have the players within the squad ability wise to launch a promotion bid for next season. We know they've underperformed but the basis of a side is there - especially for League Two.

However, there's been a culture developed this season which is absolutely rotten. I don't know whether it's confidence, laziness, the Hillcroft hangover or a hundred other possible reasons, but I think Coleman has a near impossible job to change the current mentality of the players, and given the length of contracts, the quickest way to turn things round will be widespread changes.

Ability is one thing, but that losing mentality needs shifting first and foremost. We've yet to see a Coleman side.
Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 11:42 - Mar 25 with 1824 viewsRalphs12

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 11:20 - Mar 25 by ColDale

I personally think that we have the players within the squad ability wise to launch a promotion bid for next season. We know they've underperformed but the basis of a side is there - especially for League Two.

However, there's been a culture developed this season which is absolutely rotten. I don't know whether it's confidence, laziness, the Hillcroft hangover or a hundred other possible reasons, but I think Coleman has a near impossible job to change the current mentality of the players, and given the length of contracts, the quickest way to turn things round will be widespread changes.

Ability is one thing, but that losing mentality needs shifting first and foremost. We've yet to see a Coleman side.

Spot on, the squad is a good one. Something in there mindset has changed, and it will always be tough to change, never mind while battling relagation. This is why I believe Coleman has brought in players who know him. Unfortunately its not payed off yet.

Login to get fewer ads

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 11:48 - Mar 25 with 1815 viewsTalkingSutty

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 11:42 - Mar 25 by Ralphs12

Spot on, the squad is a good one. Something in there mindset has changed, and it will always be tough to change, never mind while battling relagation. This is why I believe Coleman has brought in players who know him. Unfortunately its not payed off yet.

Disagree, the squad isnt a good one at all. Its all about attitude and a lot of them have a "Dont care less" attitude. How many of them are graffters ? How many seem to actually care ? Couple that with the fact that many are bog standard league two players at best and i think we could do much better. Only my opinion like !!
Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 12:14 - Mar 25 with 1773 viewsSFD

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 11:48 - Mar 25 by TalkingSutty

Disagree, the squad isnt a good one at all. Its all about attitude and a lot of them have a "Dont care less" attitude. How many of them are graffters ? How many seem to actually care ? Couple that with the fact that many are bog standard league two players at best and i think we could do much better. Only my opinion like !!

Pains me to say it but you are spot on, this squad is far to lightweight, we have been bullied and out fought on numerous occasions this season.
I will reserve judgement on the manager until next season when it is his team in Division 4, currently the jury is out as some of his selections have been very poor.
Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 12:22 - Mar 25 with 1757 viewsDalenet

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 12:14 - Mar 25 by SFD

Pains me to say it but you are spot on, this squad is far to lightweight, we have been bullied and out fought on numerous occasions this season.
I will reserve judgement on the manager until next season when it is his team in Division 4, currently the jury is out as some of his selections have been very poor.

I have to agree with some of the sentiment here. But I am not convinced that this squad will do well in League 2 at all. I can see us do a Dagenham and fall like a stone. We don't have a winning attitude, no fight, little bite and no confidence. We need a clear out and that is going to cost. But we have to do it. And Colman has to find players that are better than Lge 2 and not chase his old boys that are now languishing in the Blue Square or can't get a game in the league.
Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 12:33 - Mar 25 with 1724 viewsD_Alien

What really pisses me off is that fact that the worst paid player in the squad will be earning more in a week than many posters earn in a month.

Where's the return, the "value for money"? The personal pride even?

John Coleman spent his playing days in non-league, albeit successfully knocking a shit load of balls into the back of the net. He should know about grafting for a living. All I want to see, starting next week, is a team that reflects his own experience as a player and a manager

That's the bottom line, and for any player to be moaning publicly when picking up a small fortune for keeping fit and kicking a ball around is an absolute f**king disgrace. Get rid, JC
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 12:37 - Mar 25 with 1710 viewsRAFCBLUE

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 11:20 - Mar 25 by ColDale

We don't have enough basis to anticipate anything as we currently stand. If the season ended yesterday (and based on the performance you could argue in the players minds it has) we need to find:

* A goalkeeper
* A right back
* Two centre backs
* A goal scoring midfielder
* Two wingers
* A 20 goal a season striker

On top of all that, we need a number of individuals to be "squad" players either signed or via the loan system to supplement injuries/suspensions.

As a comparator we started with 27 different players in the promotion season, I don't think we currently have either a) enough of the right individuals or b) head count depth to predict another top 3 finish at this stage.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 13:48 - Mar 25 with 1598 viewsolympicdale

all there is left to do now is to drink, until the part of the brain that creates mental images is dead..

Life is a game of fate.

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 14:10 - Mar 25 with 1561 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 10:32 - Mar 25 by 442Dale

Jordan has his contract.

MUST be paid off somehow.......who signed him in the first place?
Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 14:20 - Mar 25 with 1539 viewsRalphs12

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 11:48 - Mar 25 by TalkingSutty

Ok, on paper the squad is a decent one. Can't argue with what you've said. We've had far to many loans this season and were top heavy in the wrong positions.
Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 14:24 - Mar 25 with 1527 viewsNigelWatson

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 14:10 - Mar 25 by Yorkshire_Dale

MUST be paid off somehow.......who signed him in the first place?

Jordan was a disgrace yesterday. He wasn't interested in playing. All he did was berate his team mates, when it was always him to blame. He passed the ball effectively, but only to Brentford players. He wasn't up for running, he was prepared to walk (very slowly) for the team. Not up for tackling either. At the time it looked as though he was playing in someone else's boots (5 sizes too small) and his feet were killing him. Jordan's performance was the WORST I've ever seen from a Rochdale player - bring back Eric Snookes.

JLAA looks good in a photo - a fine physical specimen. He's French too, so he MUST be good, right? Wrong: 100% crap, seen better players down the park. He can't pass, he can't find space, he can't tackle, he can't win his headers and he certainly can't shoot. He must be a really nice guy though, because a load of Dale supporters love him.
Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 14:30 - Mar 25 with 1521 viewssweetcorn

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 14:24 - Mar 25 by NigelWatson

Jordan was a disgrace yesterday. He wasn't interested in playing. All he did was berate his team mates, when it was always him to blame. He passed the ball effectively, but only to Brentford players. He wasn't up for running, he was prepared to walk (very slowly) for the team. Not up for tackling either. At the time it looked as though he was playing in someone else's boots (5 sizes too small) and his feet were killing him. Jordan's performance was the WORST I've ever seen from a Rochdale player - bring back Eric Snookes.

JLAA looks good in a photo - a fine physical specimen. He's French too, so he MUST be good, right? Wrong: 100% crap, seen better players down the park. He can't pass, he can't find space, he can't tackle, he can't win his headers and he certainly can't shoot. He must be a really nice guy though, because a load of Dale supporters love him.

Can't win headers? How many rochdale games have you actually attended this year? he wins almost every header he goes for, i've got to see probably one of the best aerial players i've seen, it feels like he hangs in the air for 5 seconds. In reality the fans love him because he puts 100% in, every game he plays, has some skill and alot of pace. Admittedly he is a little unpredictable and makes the wrong decision at times, but hes one of our better players.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 14:34 - Mar 25 with 1512 viewsNigelWatson

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 14:30 - Mar 25 by sweetcorn

Can't win headers? How many rochdale games have you actually attended this year? he wins almost every header he goes for, i've got to see probably one of the best aerial players i've seen, it feels like he hangs in the air for 5 seconds. In reality the fans love him because he puts 100% in, every game he plays, has some skill and alot of pace. Admittedly he is a little unpredictable and makes the wrong decision at times, but hes one of our better players.

How many goals would he score in L2? What's his goal to game ratio since he's been playing for Dale? How did he do at Grimsby? Were you at the game yesterday? He didn't play very well (honestly).
Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 14:41 - Mar 25 with 1500 viewsSuddenLad

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 14:34 - Mar 25 by NigelWatson

How many goals would he score in L2? What's his goal to game ratio since he's been playing for Dale? How did he do at Grimsby? Were you at the game yesterday? He didn't play very well (honestly).

..and just for the record, there was nothing wrong with Eric Snookes either.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 14:45 - Mar 25 with 1494 viewsNigelWatson

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 14:41 - Mar 25 by SuddenLad

Agreed! He was quality - good tackler and he also had a decent shot on him. Inflation adjusted, I wonder how his wages compare against Jordan's. Who would you prefer as a striker, Mark Hilditch or JLAA? :)
Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 14:45 - Mar 25 with 1494 viewsNigelWatson

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 14:41 - Mar 25 by SuddenLad

Agreed! He was quality - good tackler and he also had a decent shot on him. Inflation adjusted, I wonder how his wages compare against Jordan's. Who would you prefer as a striker, Mark Hilditch or JLAA? :)
Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 14:49 - Mar 25 with 1489 viewsSalwaDale

My take on who I want to see playing next season.

GK: Probably a new one but Lucas may be OK
RB: New one or possibly Amankwaah
CB: Doubt we'll get Long again so two new ones needed
LB: Widdowson
RW: New one
LW: New one
CM: Two from Tutte, Jones and JK (share the seasons workload between them)
CF: A new big one and a new little one (unless JC thinks Grimes is prepared to put the work in to be successful)

As for those behind the first team then they can pretty much all be replaced for me, although I would keep JLAA and probably Reece Gray. Mentally this season's team is the worst I can ever remember with shocking concentration levels, little desire and confidence.

Coleman's stint in charge so far has proved that he cannot get the best out of this group of players and he's brought in signings that have been unable to turn the losing mentality around. We don't have a team, we have a collection of players. Whilst I've been impressed with Tutte recently I was of the opinion that he was one of the main ones destroying team spirit earlier in the season.

I do look forward to next season but I'd happily take a top half finish in L2 without any question.

TBBT

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 14:54 - Mar 25 with 1479 viewsphomem

To many loan players who don't give a toss plus Jordan makes me think of simpkins he's that bad
Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 15:17 - Mar 25 with 1449 viewsTVOS1907

Right, John Coleman............lets see how tough you really are !! on 14:49 - Mar 25 by SalwaDale

My take on who I want to see playing next season.

GK: Probably a new one but Lucas may be OK
RB: New one or possibly Amankwaah
CB: Doubt we'll get Long again so two new ones needed
LB: Widdowson
RW: New one
LW: New one
CM: Two from Tutte, Jones and JK (share the seasons workload between them)
CF: A new big one and a new little one (unless JC thinks Grimes is prepared to put the work in to be successful)

As for those behind the first team then they can pretty much all be replaced for me, although I would keep JLAA and probably Reece Gray. Mentally this season's team is the worst I can ever remember with shocking concentration levels, little desire and confidence.

Coleman's stint in charge so far has proved that he cannot get the best out of this group of players and he's brought in signings that have been unable to turn the losing mentality around. We don't have a team, we have a collection of players. Whilst I've been impressed with Tutte recently I was of the opinion that he was one of the main ones destroying team spirit earlier in the season.

I do look forward to next season but I'd happily take a top half finish in L2 without any question.

I don't want a goalkeeper who might "be OK", WD, I want one who is ours and who is better than OK.

Agree with your other thoughts, except Reece Gray.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024