Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Friday press conference... 09:48 - May 3 with 3024 viewsNorthernr

Sorry, missed the start, said we'd trained well and no offers for Cesar

Bosingwa wasn't laughing. Somebody said something to him. He was as choked as we've all been. It's been coming for a few weeks, since Wigan got that goal against us. No lack of effort or desire. The squad is not good enough, those are the absolute facts. You can say he's played for this club and won this but it's not good enough. We haven't had goals, Ryan Nelsen left in January he'd been the best player, we were short in certain areas.

Unless people move out you can't keep bringing people in and have a squad of 40. I want to bring people in, rebuild, build a team to get out of this league next year and I can do that. But shifting people out wll be the hard part. We don't want to pay them off, if teams want them we'll move them but you can't just pay people off because they haven't done well. We have good players here, like Remy who will score 20 goals a year in the Prem, clubs are going to want. Others will be hard to shift because of their wages.

Joey has had a good season at Marseille, I think they want to keep him. It's a case of Marseille doing a deal with QPR. I think he'd rather stay there than come back here. If he doesn't want to stay he;ll come back here and play and be a good player, but I'd be surprised.

We're looking for pride, playing well, the supporters pay their money and want to see a performance. Couldn't have a more difficult game, Arsenal playing well Have to turn in a good performance.

Mourinho terrific. Benitez done a fantastic job. Common knowledge the Chelsea fans want to see Mourinho back, the players would, his record is fantastic. (Fcking Sky Sports, why they asking this?)

Germany have two fantastic teams at the moment. It goes that way. Next year it might be somebody else, back to two English teams or two |Spanish teams. Bayern and Dortmund two great teams, looking forward to watching the final.

Tony tlking to the media so much doesn't make my job more difficult. He owns the club, if he wants to do interviews it's his opinion. I don't have to agree with him, we didn't lack commitment we lacked ability. I fielded a team that was hard to beat by flooding the midfield but as soon as we open up and try to win we get beat. Badly balanced squad, lacking ability, lacking top class, if you started the season over again you'd still get relegated with this squad.

Some chairman come out and talk, others you don't hear from. Changing game, changing world, years ago nobody knew who the chairman was. Now they're more high profile. Tony is entitled to his opinion, I don't necessarily have to agree.

Samba to be assessed this morning.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Friday press conference... on 10:27 - May 3 with 2351 viewssimmo

I don't have to agree with him, we didn't lack commitment we lacked ability. I fielded a team that was hard to beat by flooding the midfield but as soon as we open up and try to win we get beat. Badly balanced squad, lacking ability, lacking top class, if you started the season over again you'd still get relegated with this squad.

- I dont agree with this, I think the first half against Villa proved that when the players were confident and up for it we played really well and looked dangerous. If we had won that game, even that half, I think we would have carried that into remaining games and been safe.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Friday press conference... on 10:30 - May 3 with 2338 viewsadhoc_qpr

I think we lacked ability AND commitment - and the unbalanced squad didn't help!
Friday press conference... on 10:37 - May 3 with 2292 viewsDANRANGER

Friday press conference... on 10:30 - May 3 by adhoc_qpr

I think we lacked ability AND commitment - and the unbalanced squad didn't help!

I'm not having that this squad was not good enough. Agreed the table doesn't lie but they have massively underachieved, and as a group are to blame. Same thing from redknapp, bothers me going forward the way he isn't taking responsibility. Needs to be more positive next year.
Friday press conference... on 10:38 - May 3 with 2285 viewsDesertBoot

add stupid mistakes in key games at key moments. The Norwich penalty miss, Villa's equaliser, Samba at Fulham and Moloney's free kick.
No guile or intelligence on the pitch this season. Even beating Fulham we almost managed to draw in the dying moments. I hope we go for youth and keep a core of experience for next season.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Friday press conference... on 10:42 - May 3 with 2276 viewsN12Hoop

"How to motivate the team for the last few games" by Harry

The squad is not good enough, those are the absolute facts

we didn't lack commitment we lacked ability.

Badly balanced squad, lacking ability, lacking top class, if you started the season over again you'd still get relegated with this squad

Typical Harry. Nothing to do with him. Yes there is a lack of balance but there there are enough decent players in the squad to have avoided being where we are. The fault is with Hughes destroying our chances of survival with his ineptitude and poor attitudes being allowed to seep in. If you gave this squad of players to a good manager I do not believe they would be bottom 3.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Friday press conference... on 10:54 - May 3 with 2249 viewsdaveB

Friday press conference... on 10:42 - May 3 by N12Hoop

Badly balanced squad, lacking ability, lacking top class, if you started the season over again you'd still get relegated with this squad

Typical Harry. Nothing to do with him. Yes there is a lack of balance but there there are enough decent players in the squad to have avoided being where we are. The fault is with Hughes destroying our chances of survival with his ineptitude and poor attitudes being allowed to seep in. If you gave this squad of players to a good manager I do not believe they would be bottom 3.

Harry is a good manager, not sure who we could have got who was better than him, they are just not good enough as a team to stay up, individually we have some good players though
Friday press conference... on 10:59 - May 3 with 2230 viewsMetallica_Hoop

You can't polish a turd sadly, especially an ale induced runny one.

Hopefully in the summer we have a purge and get in some solids and ruffage.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Friday press conference... on 11:21 - May 3 with 2171 viewsJonDoeman

Friday press conference... on 10:42 - May 3 by N12Hoop

"How to leave the owner under no illusion that the squad needs overhauling" by Harry

And I agree with him, and so should anyone that's been watching them all season.
Wish the Redknapp bashers , would give it a rest, and get behind him. Hughes isn't really coming back you know! ;)

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Friday press conference... on 11:23 - May 3 with 2164 viewsDorsetR

Friday press conference... on 10:38 - May 3 by DesertBoot

add stupid mistakes in key games at key moments. The Norwich penalty miss, Villa's equaliser, Samba at Fulham and Moloney's free kick.
No guile or intelligence on the pitch this season. Even beating Fulham we almost managed to draw in the dying moments. I hope we go for youth and keep a core of experience for next season.

Have to agree with all of that, those were the key moments of the second half season.
Youth is the way forward. Look at "The Teams With the Average Youngest Age in the Premier League".
Liverpool , arsenal and Southampton all have an average age of under 24.
We are the highest average age at 28.
Bringing in so called experienced players has not worked.
Friday press conference... on 11:36 - May 3 with 2123 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Friday press conference... on 10:37 - May 3 by DANRANGER

I'm not having that this squad was not good enough. Agreed the table doesn't lie but they have massively underachieved, and as a group are to blame. Same thing from redknapp, bothers me going forward the way he isn't taking responsibility. Needs to be more positive next year.

Agreed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Friday press conference... on 11:50 - May 3 with 2092 viewsHunterhoop

Friday press conference... on 11:36 - May 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed.

Agree. You can't tell me Norwich, for example, have more "ability".

It's nonsense from HR.

Diakite bossed Arsenal last season...clearly has ability. HR doesn't like him for some reason. Perhaps it's his mentality, commitment, whatever...but it's not ability.

Faurlin bossed the Prem last season before his injury. Since returning was superb at Spurs and home to Fulham showing he has "ability" but not consistency. Why? Health, fitness, effort, strength, etc....but again...not ability.

Remy, Adel, Hoilett, Zamora, Bosingwa, Samba, Townsend, Mbia, Green, Cesar, Granero....yeah...no ability. They have all at times this season shown they have ability.

That's the frustrating thing. All of them, at times, have looked easily good enough. Unfortunately, non of them have been consistent (Remy apart). Why? I don't know...effort, commitment, fitness, workrate, morale, whatever....but IT IS NOT A LACK OF ABILITY.

'Arry knows what he's doing. If he blames lack of ability it's not on him. However, if you accept they have ability then the spotlight falls firmly on the "manager" as to why he couldn't extract that ability on a weekly basis.

'Arry is talking total tosh.
Friday press conference... on 11:56 - May 3 with 2073 viewsQPunkR

I'm sorry. If you started this season again and gave those useless bunch of wastrels out on the pitch a good bollocking and made them understand their jobs, I don't think we would go down.

QPR - "shit but local"

Friday press conference... on 12:08 - May 3 with 2042 viewsJonDoeman

Friday press conference... on 11:50 - May 3 by Hunterhoop

It's nonsense from HR.

Diakite bossed Arsenal last season...clearly has ability. HR doesn't like him for some reason. Perhaps it's his mentality, commitment, whatever...but it's not ability.

Faurlin bossed the Prem last season before his injury. Since returning was superb at Spurs and home to Fulham showing he has "ability" but not consistency. Why? Health, fitness, effort, strength, etc....but again...not ability.

Remy, Adel, Hoilett, Zamora, Bosingwa, Samba, Townsend, Mbia, Green, Cesar, Granero....yeah...no ability. They have all at times this season shown they have ability.

That's the frustrating thing. All of them, at times, have looked easily good enough. Unfortunately, non of them have been consistent (Remy apart). Why? I don't know...effort, commitment, fitness, workrate, morale, whatever....but IT IS NOT A LACK OF ABILITY.

'Arry knows what he's doing. If he blames lack of ability it's not on him. However, if you accept they have ability then the spotlight falls firmly on the "manager" as to why he couldn't extract that ability on a weekly basis.

Plenty of ability to lose football matches. Got that in abundance.

It Is What It Is !!

Friday press conference... on 12:11 - May 3 with 2030 viewsHunterhoop

Friday press conference... on 12:08 - May 3 by JonDoeman

Plenty of ability to lose football matches. Got that in abundance.

mmm.... nice and flippant. Of course they have the CAPABILITY (not ability) to lose matches. They lost f*cking loads. But is because they are not talented enough or because they weren't fit/didn't try/low morale/weren't motivated enough/don't care about the club/don't like each other (Delete as appropriate).

I think there's ample evidence from this season and prior ones that the ability is there but it's a combination of the options I list above which were the CAUSE of the current situation.

Therefore, what 'Arry is saying is total tosh.
Friday press conference... on 12:12 - May 3 with 2022 viewsJuzzie

I was talking to one of my work colleagues today and said this, for me, has been the most frustrating part of the last season and a half.

10-15 years ago we had players with less ability but gave the best they could

Now we've had players with ability but simply just not trying.

For me, that is far worse.

I take little notice of what managers/owners say publicly, it's just to appease the press and public. I just hope behind closed doors they are a lot more scathing.

Friday press conference... on 12:18 - May 3 with 1986 viewsWatfordR

Friday press conference... on 11:50 - May 3 by Hunterhoop

It's nonsense from HR.

Just utter utter bollocks. Deflect personal criticism at all costs, even if it means coating off players you'd prefer to get rid of, and therefore reducing your chances of getting rid of them.

Now the squad lacks ability. Earlier in the season, it lacked leaders and cahracters. Would it be beyond the bounds of possibility that some of the players in the squad, who have been around a bit - Cesar, Bosingwa, Nelsen, Park, Cisse etc - might actually have pointed out the lack of leadership being displayed by Redknapp? The only example being set by him is how to put yourself first in all circumstances.

Friday press conference... on 12:27 - May 3 with 1956 viewswittle

Friday press conference... on 12:18 - May 3 by WatfordR

Just utter utter bollocks. Deflect personal criticism at all costs, even if it means coating off players you'd prefer to get rid of, and therefore reducing your chances of getting rid of them.

Now the squad lacks ability. Earlier in the season, it lacked leaders and cahracters. Would it be beyond the bounds of possibility that some of the players in the squad, who have been around a bit - Cesar, Bosingwa, Nelsen, Park, Cisse etc - might actually have pointed out the lack of leadership being displayed by Redknapp? The only example being set by him is how to put yourself first in all circumstances.

you love putting the boot in at every opportunity dont you ?
Friday press conference... on 12:44 - May 3 with 1916 viewsHAYESBOY

Have to say i dont think we lack ability. We have players that on paper and at times have shown they have ability.

IMO our issue is with not having a team ethic. We dont play as a team. Sort of an England syndrome.
We also have players here that are just after a pay day as well.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Friday press conference... on 12:48 - May 3 with 1901 viewsbaz_qpr

Point is the players we had in key positions, I disagree start again we would get relegated purely because of Remy, but its no use having top class full backs if you don't have a spine and we have operated all season very weak in the two key positions on the football field, centre forward and centre back. No offence to Hill but the fact that he is the regular centre back is a problem and the lack of a fit number 9 for pretty much all season was the most serious problem of all. We got relegated because we could not score.
Friday press conference... on 12:51 - May 3 with 1886 viewsTHEBUSH

Some of the players individually are good enough for the Premiership, but as a team we are hopeless !!

The squad is totally unbalanced, which was Hughes inheritance to HR.

IMO, HR improved our attacking abilities 100%, as compared to Hughes.
Friday press conference... on 13:08 - May 3 with 1831 viewsTHEBUSH

Friday press conference... on 12:18 - May 3 by WatfordR

I'm not a big HR fan, but I think overall he's been pretty fair in his after match comments.

HR is definitely not blameless in our demise, as some of his team selections, have been dubious to say the least.

Anyway, he's the manager and has to make those choices
Friday press conference... on 13:21 - May 3 with 1775 viewsElHoop

Arsene speaks:

It's a lot different to one of 'Arry's.
Friday press conference... on 13:38 - May 3 with 1740 viewsJonDoeman

Thread getting hung up on the semantics of 'ability', these were the more pertinent quotes. And even Watford R might agree with this.

Harry Redknapp: More chance of Queens Park Rangers 'doing a Wolves' than winning Championship next season
Queens Park Rangers boss Harry Redknapp

By Nick Rostron-Pike | Friday, May 3, 2013
1 6 0

Harry Redknapp admits there’s more chance of Queens Park Rangers doing a ‘Wolves’ next season than winning the Championship — unless they strengthen during the summer.

The Midlands club, who were in the Premier League last season, are on the verge of back-to-back relegations ahead of the final weekend of fixtures, and face a final day fight to beat the drop down to League One.

And Redknapp, who succeeded Mark Hughes as QPR boss in 2012, believes a major rebuild is needed at Loftus Road if he is to save his side from the same fate.

“The squad here now wouldn’t get you out of the Championship next season,” he said. “People who think it could don’t understand football.

“It’s a badly balanced squad. You don’t finish like we have miles down the table if it’s a good squad.

“There’s more chance of this squad doing a Wolves than winning the Championship next season. It’s no good me standing here and saying otherwise. I know that and Tony [Fernandes, the QPR chairman] knows that.
The squad here now wouldn’t get you out of the Championship next season– Harry Redknapp

“We need to change things around, shift some out and get some brighter and better players in, whether they’re younger players or older players with better attitudes. It isn’t going to be easy though.”

But Redknapp went on to state that, with the right investment this summer, he can see a brighter future for the club.

“I’m not going to say that we’re going to bounce back up next season,” he added. “It could be a Wolves or it could be a West Ham who bounced back, albeit through the play-offs, but they came back up.

“I feel I can put a team together during the summer that can get us back up, but it’s going to need a lot of work getting people out of here, which is the hard part. If you don’t get people out then you can’t get people in. It’s a big challenge, there’s a lot of work and everyone needs to put in a lot of hard work.

“We’ve got to try and find some players, shift a few on, come back next year and make a real assault on trying to win the league, Unless we can make some changes though, it’s going to be a very hard season.”

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130503/harry-redk
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter

It Is What It Is !!

Friday press conference... on 13:39 - May 3 with 1736 viewsBklynRanger

What HR said didn't add up. I think it was more of a case of him trying to make sure that some of the ones with bad attitudes aren't stuck with him.

The interview that TF gave during the week with HR sitting beside him he said that he was using HR's words and that we needed the 'right sort'.

This is more a case of HR fearing that TF's usual openness may scupper deals. He'd rather let the media think that he, who knows most about the players, doesn't agree about the attitude problem.

Just shows you that attitude is often more important than ability.
Friday press conference... on 13:57 - May 3 with 1698 viewsNathanNI

So, we are going to change some of the best players (on reputation) we have had in recent times, and replace them with young hungrier players from the lower leagues, and that will result in a squad with more ability?

Absolute bollox.

FWIW I agree with shipping that lot out and going for the type of player TF has mentioned, but lest not pretend they will have more ability. They might show more commitment, be better balanced as a squad / team. But they will not have more ability.

IMHO.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024