Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? 15:16 - Oct 2 with 6804 viewsDylanP

Seeing Burnley ahead of us in the league brought to mind the biggest win I ever saw when QPR beat Burnley 7-0. It was a glorious day. The QPR squad was built for goals and scored a tonne that year. The Burnley goalie was a young ginger lad. Although it is weird to say considering that he had to fish the ball out of the net seven times, but he had a good game. It could easily of been 10-0 if it weren't for him. He made a number of top notch saves. I remember that the club had given a whole load of tickets away to local school kids. The whole top of the school end was full of these tiny school kids. Thy were squeaking at the top of their lungs throughout the game. When we went 4-0 up they started squeaking "We want 5" and so Allen obliged and scored the 5th. Everyone close-in was well chuffed for the little squeakers, who immediately started squeaking "We want 6" and pretty soon they got their wish. And so on. Also, the club had handed out these blue and white paper banners, so all over the ground was just a sea of blue and white. After the match I got Clive Allen to sign it. I found that tucked into a box of QPR stuff just recently. Ahhhh that was a great afternoon.

So what was the biggest victory you ever saw from the super hoops and what are your best memories of the day?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2013 1:57]

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 15:18 - Oct 2 with 4775 viewsBluce_Ree

6-0. Either us beating Palace or Arsenal beating us I guess.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 15:20 - Oct 2 with 4767 viewsDylanP

That Palace game was unbelievable. Remember all the balloons on the pitch?

The Arse game doesn't count coz we didn't win!!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 15:21 - Oct 2 with 4763 viewskomradkirk

5-0 away at Exeter under Magilton
What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 15:21 - Oct 2 with 4762 viewsthemodfather

i saw qpr beat crewe 8-1 in the league cup, early 80s...
What was the biggest win you ever saw? (n/t) on 15:21 - Oct 2 with 4763 viewsJeff

[Post edited 2 Oct 2013 15:21]

Can we not knock it?

What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 15:22 - Oct 2 with 4756 viewsMetallica_Hoop

0-6 Arsenal.

5-0 Blackpool

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 15:24 - Oct 2 with 4742 viewsNov77

What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 15:21 - Oct 2 by themodfather

ditto, gary waddock scored in that game, and ian stewart scored from the half way line.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 15:25 - Oct 2 with 4742 viewsJuzzie

What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 15:21 - Oct 2 by themodfather

Yup, that's my biggest win too.

Stainrod scored after about 12 seconds, I think Crewe then equalised 10-15 mins later then we ran riot.

Also seen the 6-0 wins against Chelsea and Palace, 6-2 v Partizan Belgrade, 6-1 v Luton (Paul Parkers only goal for us) plus a few 5-0's too.

Then also seen the reverse losses; 7-1 at Sheff Weds, 0-6 v home to Arsenal, 5-0 at Southend, 6-0 at Fulham, 6-1 at Chelsea, 0-5 home to M'boro and Swansea and a few others too.

[Post edited 2 Oct 2013 21:39]
Login to get fewer ads

What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 15:28 - Oct 2 with 4738 viewsHantsR

Rs v Sheffield Wednesday 1973 8-2 in FLC
What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 15:36 - Oct 2 with 4715 viewsblacky200

QPR 6 Chelsea 0 Bannister 3, Byrne 2, Rosenoir. And then Speedie getting sent off just made the day complete.
What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 15:44 - Oct 2 with 4688 viewsBrianMcCarthy

THE 6-0 win

and the 1-7 loss away to Wednesday.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 15:46 - Oct 2 with 4688 viewssuperhoop67

sure we beat Sheff Wed 8-2 early 70's in the league cup ,and they had Peter Springett in goal
What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 15:55 - Oct 2 with 4669 viewssmegma

What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 15:28 - Oct 2 by HantsR

Rs v Sheffield Wednesday 1973 8-2 in FLC

Wednesday actually scored 4 that night but two were own goals !!
What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 16:02 - Oct 2 with 4654 viewsloftboy

6-0 scum
6-1 luton

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 16:18 - Oct 2 with 4610 viewskingsburyR

Barnsley this Saturday.

I've got a feeling they are going to take a shoeing!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 16:18 - Oct 2 with 4612 viewscyprusmel

QPR 9 Tranmere 2 it was 5-0 at half time. Only around 4,700 were present to witness it.
What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 16:25 - Oct 2 with 4599 viewsRblockPrior

What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 15:20 - Oct 2 by DylanP

That Palace game was unbelievable. Remember all the balloons on the pitch?

The Arse game doesn't count coz we didn't win!!

Palace game was unreal!!!

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 16:48 - Oct 2 with 4565 viewsstowmarketrange

I missed that win thanks to my brother choosing that day to get married.I even had to stay sober enough to watch motd at 10pm.
I was at the Crewe game though and also the scum and palace 6-0 wins.
What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 16:50 - Oct 2 with 4559 viewsPinnerPaul

We beat West Ham 6-1, I think it was.

Mervyn Day was hopeless, great night!
What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 17:42 - Oct 2 with 4502 viewsqprmeath

Qpr 4 Barnsley 0
Leeds United 6 Qpr 1
What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 18:18 - Oct 2 with 4465 viewsderbyhoop

What was the biggest win you ever saw? on 15:46 - Oct 2 by superhoop67

sure we beat Sheff Wed 8-2 early 70's in the league cup ,and they had Peter Springett in goal

Biggest win I've seen.

I remember them having a forward line with nobody over about 5'10". One of them tried to knock Phil Parkes over as he went to pick the ball up. When he'd picked himself up, he found the Loft End laughing at him.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 18:22 - Oct 2 with 4455 viewsloftus77

The Billy O'Rourke game's been mentioned (7-0 v Burnley).

I also remember us beating Bolton 7-1 a few weeks before the 82 cup final - I think we won 4-0 at Newcastle a few days later.

Was at the 8-1 v Crewe - we lost the away leg 3-0 naturally...
What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 18:24 - Oct 2 with 4454 viewsMrSheen

I remember us beating Bolton 7-0 on the plastic, (I think) a few weeks after beating Boro 6-1, which was on TV. All I can remember about the 7-0 was the Bolton players arguing furiously after the later goals, holding up the restart.
What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 18:50 - Oct 2 with 4420 viewsplymhoop

first game 5-1 v hull league cup oct 91
5-1 v coventry oct 93
5-0 v exeter in league cup aug 2008
also 1-5 v boro in dec 2009

worth a mention though
13-0 v tavistock although a pre-season friendly
we had some good games when warnock bought
the squad down to devon and cornwall and this
was the best of the lot !

cooky from plymouth

What was the biggest QPR win you ever saw? on 19:04 - Oct 2 with 4411 viewsblavod

Here is the Burnley game in 1979.... happy memories

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024