Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia 2018? 21:36 - Oct 23 with 4121 viewsC_jack

All the talk is about Qatar 2022, but don't FIFA have a bigger problem looming on the horizon in the fact they've assigned the WC to a country that is consistent in racist chanting? More problems tonight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24647259

8 years worrying about how to manage heat seems nothing compared to 4 years to combat racism.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Russia 2018? on 21:39 - Oct 23 with 3129 viewswaynekerr55

All they care about is £££££

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Russia 2018? on 21:41 - Oct 23 with 3124 viewsDarran

F*cking joke of a country.

I've been reading a lot of the Edward Snowden crap over the last couple of months and everytime I read something i'm thinking this is all about slagging off America and f*cking Russia are playing the fairy godmother and leaving him live there like.
I was thinking the same thing again a couple of days ago over the Greenpeace shenanigans,absolute c*nts.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Russia 2018? on 00:45 - Oct 24 with 2916 viewsCaptain

That and they're tough views on gay rights, or lack thereof. They're hosting the Winter Olympics in January and there was a lot of talk of the IOC changing hosts for this reason. Of course committees like the IOC and FIFA don't care about these sort of issues, only which country can give them the biggest pay-cheque.

I doubt there'll be racist chanting at the Olympics, but I'm sure the event will highlight some concerns for the 2018 World Cup.

https://www.facebook.com/canadianswans A facebook page for Swansea City fans in Canada. Please like, share and spread the word!

Russia 2018? on 01:32 - Oct 24 with 2897 viewsDaneloCruz

Russia 2018? on 00:45 - Oct 24 by Captain

That and they're tough views on gay rights, or lack thereof. They're hosting the Winter Olympics in January and there was a lot of talk of the IOC changing hosts for this reason. Of course committees like the IOC and FIFA don't care about these sort of issues, only which country can give them the biggest pay-cheque.

I doubt there'll be racist chanting at the Olympics, but I'm sure the event will highlight some concerns for the 2018 World Cup.

Don't forget which country is backing Assad to protect their interests.
Russia 2018? on 08:59 - Oct 24 with 2782 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed.
Ground should be closed after game stopped. Most european coutries seem to haver this problem.
Fining the clubs 30k aint enough.
Truly believe these are the most nasty people typified by their past history which is simply horrendous.

Its 2013 after all

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Russia 2018? on 09:10 - Oct 24 with 2758 viewsnumbers123

Didnt see the game so havnt seen the inncident. Was it clear on tv the racist chanting? If it was then there must have been lots of them doing it so should make the club play behind closed doors in europe.

If it was just one or two then it is diffuicult to punish the whole club and club fans. That said if it happened in this country and was a small number of idiots doing it then you would like to think they will be identified and thrown out and banned. The russians dont seem to do this so maybe strict action against the club is needed.

It would be a shame for the fans that are not doing it but will prob be the only way to stop it.
Russia 2018? on 09:21 - Oct 24 with 2744 viewsItchySphincter

Russia 2018? on 01:32 - Oct 24 by DaneloCruz

Don't forget which country is backing Assad to protect their interests.

Weak argument. Which is worse, them backing Assad or us backing Al Qaeda? The World Cup and Olympics has a policy of not getting involved in political matters, ie ignoring them, therefor if you look back on the history of the games then you'll see they are almost always inappropriately awarded and placed. If there is a problem with Russia then there should have been a problem with China or even Britain if you were looking at it from the outside.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Russia 2018? on 09:22 - Oct 24 with 2740 viewsperchrockjack

Its a sizeable minority though and this behaviour can and should be challenged.
One of our w posters did just this in a game I saw and Ive never bee more proud to have met him albeit briefly It takes courage but its gotta be done.

Serbs, Croats, Romanians Hungarians, some Poles Ukrainians seem to be of the same ilk even though they have black players themselves. MAD

Login to get fewer ads

Russia 2018? on 09:32 - Oct 24 with 2721 viewsnumbers123

Russia 2018? on 09:22 - Oct 24 by perchrockjack

Its a sizeable minority though and this behaviour can and should be challenged.
One of our w posters did just this in a game I saw and Ive never bee more proud to have met him albeit briefly It takes courage but its gotta be done.

Serbs, Croats, Romanians Hungarians, some Poles Ukrainians seem to be of the same ilk even though they have black players themselves. MAD

Yea thats what is so stupid about it. They are just mindless idiots. Unfortunatley there will never be a world where these idiots dont exist, but it can be taken out of stadiums and arenas by giving life bans etc.
Russia 2018? on 09:38 - Oct 24 with 2713 viewsperchrockjack

True and these oiks must realise its not 1813 .

There is a malevolence there which Churchill saw before many others.

I do believe Serbia should have been banned for 10 years for their stuff which was even worse

Russia 2018? on 18:25 - Oct 24 with 2485 viewsrocket

City should have walked off. Players refusing to play in such an atmosphere on such an occasion would mean that it could not be ignored. I know UEFA are encouraging players to stay on the field if they are abused and that's fine, but they need to take actual action against these clubs. Ban them from European competition or fine them every last Euro of prize money they have earned by qualifying. £30,000 to a top flight football club is like a fiver to you and me. Its nothing and its an insult of a punishment.
Russia 2018? on 18:45 - Oct 24 with 2460 viewsdgt73

Nothing wrong with Russia, its this bloody country that needs to take a look at itself.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Russia 2018? on 22:01 - Oct 24 with 2382 viewsC_jack

Russia 2018? on 18:25 - Oct 24 by rocket

City should have walked off. Players refusing to play in such an atmosphere on such an occasion would mean that it could not be ignored. I know UEFA are encouraging players to stay on the field if they are abused and that's fine, but they need to take actual action against these clubs. Ban them from European competition or fine them every last Euro of prize money they have earned by qualifying. £30,000 to a top flight football club is like a fiver to you and me. Its nothing and its an insult of a punishment.

Dangerous precedent though, in effect City would have forfeited the game 3-0. I wouldn't credit them with any logical thought but the idiots would surely then just start their bile once they were losing a game, forcing the opposition team off.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Russia 2018? on 22:20 - Oct 24 with 2366 viewsLord_Bony

Russia 2018? on 09:21 - Oct 24 by ItchySphincter

Weak argument. Which is worse, them backing Assad or us backing Al Qaeda? The World Cup and Olympics has a policy of not getting involved in political matters, ie ignoring them, therefor if you look back on the history of the games then you'll see they are almost always inappropriately awarded and placed. If there is a problem with Russia then there should have been a problem with China or even Britain if you were looking at it from the outside.

Good Post.

I have been to Russia a few times and I can tell you right now it is not a racist country.

There will always be some idiots who ruin it for everyone and they should be dealt with by the stewards and police. The Russian papers today are denying vehemently it happened in the way it was claimed Would be interesting to have a really good look at it.if they done it then the club should be pulled in front of the footballing world and shamed.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2013 22:21]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Russia 2018? on 22:30 - Oct 24 with 2354 viewsmarchamjack

Russia 2018? on 22:20 - Oct 24 by Lord_Bony

Good Post.

I have been to Russia a few times and I can tell you right now it is not a racist country.

There will always be some idiots who ruin it for everyone and they should be dealt with by the stewards and police. The Russian papers today are denying vehemently it happened in the way it was claimed Would be interesting to have a really good look at it.if they done it then the club should be pulled in front of the footballing world and shamed.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2013 22:21]

I've been to Russia too, once only in fairness, but to suggest it is not a racist country is laughable.

Also, you're not giving any serious credence are you to what the Russian papers say in terms of denying it all. This is Russia we're talking about right. They have an institutional denial system there.

Racist, homophobic country, but hey, no worries, as they've go the Winter Olympics and the World Cup so all is well.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Russia 2018? on 00:00 - Oct 25 with 2317 viewsScoobyWho

Russia 2018? on 21:41 - Oct 23 by Darran

F*cking joke of a country.

I've been reading a lot of the Edward Snowden crap over the last couple of months and everytime I read something i'm thinking this is all about slagging off America and f*cking Russia are playing the fairy godmother and leaving him live there like.
I was thinking the same thing again a couple of days ago over the Greenpeace shenanigans,absolute c*nts.

Spot on.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Russia 2018? on 02:18 - Oct 25 with 2296 viewsAdmire

Im for sure not going to this world cup. I've been around russians, and been on a short trip to russia once, and I simply refuse to support a country has holds so much racism...l

Racism is in every country but in russia, it seems like a huge majority problem instead of it being a minority of people.

The police are utterly corrupt and extremely brutal. Russian police are known for attacking the fans from Anzhi because they are from mostly muslim Dagestan which many russians doesn't view as a part of russia.

Now imagine how the russian police will behave towards the fans of other nations that they don't like.
Russia 2018? on 17:40 - Oct 25 with 2217 viewsLord_Bony

Utter Bollocks man

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Russia 2018? on 18:16 - Oct 25 with 2201 viewsjackonicko

Sorry, Lord B but I've spent the best part of two years in Russia and other CIS states and know an awful lot of local Russians.

It is, by far and away, the most systemically racist country I've visited. And this is not just pockets of it - it comes in all shapes and sizes. Yes, there are plenty of extreme groups leading to the kind of violence you read in the news. But away from that, in the middle classes and professions, there exists a core of lazy racism and prejudice. They are not even aware of it - it is embedded into the culture. But comes out in many a conversation.

However, otherwise it is the most amazing country and I envy those off to Krasnodar shortly. Don't mess with the local coppers though and carry your passport! It is also no cliche to say the women are stunning - they really are (until they reach about 38 generally). They're not on a par with those from Ukraine mind you, but they set a very high bar.
Russia 2018? on 10:26 - Oct 26 with 2121 viewsperchrockjack

Russia historically has been butchering its own for centuries.

Czars ,Stalin, Peter The Great, no matter what era its always been the same.

A vast pit of bile and the decision to hold the WC there is about as stupid as the one to hold one in QATAR

Russia 2018? on 10:48 - Oct 26 with 2109 viewsItchySphincter

I'm going for five weeks in Jan/Feb and I'm quite apprehensive tbh.

Russia 2018? on 13:16 - Oct 26 with 2080 viewsLord_Bony

Russia 2018? on 10:48 - Oct 26 by ItchySphincter

I'm going for five weeks in Jan/Feb and I'm quite apprehensive tbh.

You ll be fine mate,don t worry.

Just make sure you don't speak to any Russians out there or you may not be coming back that s all.

Ps. It s rather cold in Siberia this time of year.

Russia 2018? on 13:18 - Oct 26 with 2074 viewsItchySphincter

Russia 2018? on 13:16 - Oct 26 by Lord_Bony

You ll be fine mate,don t worry.

Just make sure you don't speak to any Russians out there or you may not be coming back that s all.

Ps. It s rather cold in Siberia this time of year.

LOL.

I'm going to the warm side.

Russia 2018? on 13:23 - Oct 26 with 2063 viewsLord_Bony

Yes but you may end up in Siberia yet. It s well known the police there hate the welsh and are always on the lookout for them.

Whereabouts approx you going then??

You will enjoy it and if you re single the women really are 9s and 10s.

Russia 2018? on 13:24 - Oct 26 with 2059 viewsItchySphincter

I'm going to Sochi - sub tropical apparently.

I'm not single.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024