Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
possession ! 16:04 - Oct 28 with 3118 viewsHollowayRanger

61% QPR 39% burnley

shots QPR 6 Burnley 9

on target QPR 1 Burnley 3

so i'll say it again possession means nowt if you dont get the ball in the box and get your shooting boots on

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

possession ! on 16:25 - Oct 28 with 2391 viewsCanadaRanger

Need some bigger barn doors at the training ground?
possession ! on 16:33 - Oct 28 with 2367 viewskingsburyR

Never thought I would say this but..................

Are we missing SWP?

Had impressed me this season!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

possession ! on 16:50 - Oct 28 with 2333 viewsnedflanders

Stats aren't worth the paper they are written on.

84.3% of people know that.....
possession ! on 17:02 - Oct 28 with 2315 viewsWesty75

Of the highlights they showed on BBC we could easily have nicked a draw based on chances. If Dunne had put that chance away we would be saying it wasn't a great performance but that we controlled most of the possession and it was a professional away performance against the form side of the division.
possession ! on 17:11 - Oct 28 with 2294 viewsNov77

Look at the 2 videos they put up on the offy of us passing it around and it was all either in our half or around the half way line.
Rob green boasting about us putting 600 passes together means nothing when it doesn't lead to a single chance.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

possession ! on 17:11 - Oct 28 with 2292 viewsdaveB

as mentioned on here if Dunne takes a pretty easy chance at 1-0 we go home with a point, we ended up losing to the better side which is hardly the end of the world
possession ! on 17:34 - Oct 28 with 2255 viewsbosh67

possession ! on 17:11 - Oct 28 by Nov77

Look at the 2 videos they put up on the offy of us passing it around and it was all either in our half or around the half way line.
Rob green boasting about us putting 600 passes together means nothing when it doesn't lead to a single chance.

We have to be careful not to do what Swansea did at Loftus Road a few years back in the Championship. They passed us off the pitch and we won 3-1.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

possession ! on 17:57 - Oct 28 with 2220 viewsTacticalR

possession ! on 16:33 - Oct 28 by kingsburyR

Are we missing SWP?

Yes, he's a man who knows how to turn possession into goals.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

possession ! on 17:58 - Oct 28 with 2215 viewsShotKneesHoop

possession ! on 16:33 - Oct 28 by kingsburyR

Are we missing SWP?

in a word. no.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

possession ! on 18:41 - Oct 28 with 2173 viewsNoRway

Most of our possession was in our own half - passing sideways og backwards. You can lose with 90 per cent possession.
possession ! on 19:37 - Oct 28 with 2111 viewsTW_R

possession ! on 18:41 - Oct 28 by NoRway

Most of our possession was in our own half - passing sideways og backwards. You can lose with 90 per cent possession.

"You can lose with 90 per cent possession."

That's true, but as already proven this season, you're more likely to win than lose if you keep the ball. I'd much prefer to see us play like that and get it wrong occasionally compared to some of the average football we've seen so for in the Championship.

There was some tw@t sitting behind me at the Barnsley game who kept shouting "YAWN" every time we passed it across the pitch. I've got no interest in seeing one of our full-backs lumping it up field and hoping occasionally the ball will fall kindly for us in the box. Keep the ball, be patient and make the opposition run themselves into the ground.

Both Middlesborough and Barnsley looked dead on their feet for the last 10 minutes of those games, because they chased the ball for a large proportion of the game. I don't really see how this is construed as a negative thing?
possession ! on 20:17 - Oct 28 with 2063 viewsnewgolddream

possession ! on 17:34 - Oct 28 by bosh67

We have to be careful not to do what Swansea did at Loftus Road a few years back in the Championship. They passed us off the pitch and we won 3-1.

Swansea did the same last year in the EPL and we won 3-0.
possession ! on 21:33 - Oct 28 with 1986 viewsBigears

IMO at the moment you can't argue to much about the way we play because we have won 8 drawn 3 lost 1 and im my book thats a great start. However you can argue that we need a plan B, because burnley knew how we were going to play and had tactics to beat it. Their front two and midfield closed us down at the back, harrassed us so we never had the time to move outside our 30 yeards, until we either gave the ball away or hoofed it up to Austin who had 2 or 3 on him at all times, and with the MF so deep in our half they simply pick pocket him all game.

At half time we needed to change it, bring on Chevy, play long balls in the channels behind them, this would have forced them back and turned them around, and allowed us to move forward as a unit. However we didnt do this and as such we lots of possession in the wrong areas and Burnely to their created controlled the game IMO.

No need to panic, long way to go and we had a bad day, if we keep this form up and these results up we will get promoted.
possession ! on 22:16 - Oct 28 with 1941 viewsloftboy

The only stat that matters is the one that says goals.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

possession ! on 09:56 - Oct 29 with 1826 viewsTW_R

possession ! on 22:16 - Oct 28 by loftboy

The only stat that matters is the one that says goals.

Nope. The only stat that matters is the one that says points. Score 100 goals and lose every game means nothing. Win half your games 1-0 and draw the rest 0-0, you've got a very good change of promotion.
possession ! on 10:02 - Oct 29 with 1819 viewsisawqpratwcity

possession ! on 09:56 - Oct 29 by TW_R

Nope. The only stat that matters is the one that says points. Score 100 goals and lose every game means nothing. Win half your games 1-0 and draw the rest 0-0, you've got a very good change of promotion.

Logically correct.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

possession ! on 10:11 - Oct 29 with 1807 viewsloftboy

possession ! on 09:56 - Oct 29 by TW_R

I was in a hurry when i posted. The only stat that matters is the goals for in your column is greater than your opponents by the end of the match.

pedantic Gits

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

possession ! on 10:15 - Oct 29 with 1803 viewsjonno

possession ! on 21:33 - Oct 28 by Bigears

IMO at the moment you can't argue to much about the way we play because we have won 8 drawn 3 lost 1 and im my book thats a great start. However you can argue that we need a plan B, because burnley knew how we were going to play and had tactics to beat it. Their front two and midfield closed us down at the back, harrassed us so we never had the time to move outside our 30 yeards, until we either gave the ball away or hoofed it up to Austin who had 2 or 3 on him at all times, and with the MF so deep in our half they simply pick pocket him all game.

At half time we needed to change it, bring on Chevy, play long balls in the channels behind them, this would have forced them back and turned them around, and allowed us to move forward as a unit. However we didnt do this and as such we lots of possession in the wrong areas and Burnely to their created controlled the game IMO.

No need to panic, long way to go and we had a bad day, if we keep this form up and these results up we will get promoted.

Totally agree with that. Also, I suspect that had we had Carroll playing instead of Henry we would have moved the ball much quicker which would have made it far more difficult for Burnley to close us down high up the pitch. We do need to increase the tempo of the way we pass the ball. It's all very well retaining possession of the ball but you don't really create chances unless you pass the ball quickly and accurately. And a plan B is important when things are not working.
possession ! on 10:17 - Oct 29 with 1800 viewsTW_R

possession ! on 10:11 - Oct 29 by loftboy

I was in a hurry when i posted. The only stat that matters is the goals for in your column is greater than your opponents by the end of the match.

pedantic Gits

possession ! on 10:27 - Oct 29 with 1788 viewsAntti_Heinola

possession ! on 17:34 - Oct 28 by bosh67

Hmm... which game do you mean, bosh?
The 4-0 where we totally battered them and Adel had possibly his best match for us in the Championship?
Or the 3-0 in the Premier League, where they passed a lot around their back 4 and we thrashed them 3-0?
Or where they passed us off the park in the Prem and won 5-0?

pedant emoticon ;)

Bare bones.

possession ! on 10:48 - Oct 29 with 1775 viewsBAWHoops

Other side of the coin.

I would take an extra year in the Championship with this team providing the blueprint to tika taka possesion football at LR that all our youngsters learn to play.

Basically growing organically like Swansea did

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

possession ! on 11:17 - Oct 29 with 1744 viewsqprewan

possession ! on 10:48 - Oct 29 by BAWHoops

Other side of the coin.

I would take an extra year in the Championship with this team providing the blueprint to tika taka possesion football at LR that all our youngsters learn to play.

Sounds good in theory but the problem is that this team has been assembked with just this season in mind to get us up this season. Most of the current team will be too old and or not good enough for the premiership so sadly we will have to purchase virtually a whole new team yet again! Whatever your opinion on HR he is certainly not your man if you want long term planning.
possession ! on 12:46 - Oct 29 with 1704 viewsHollowayRanger

possession ! on 10:48 - Oct 29 by BAWHoops

Other side of the coin.

also 3 new ex premiership teams come down next season say palace stoke sunderland all with parachute payments

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

possession ! on 13:48 - Oct 29 with 1668 viewsderbyhoop

Exactly that. Harry has a one time chance. Good players can keep possession at this level but, if/when they need to up the tempo, most of them haven't got it in them.

Burnley Lesson 1 - all the possession in the world os no use without end product
Burnley Lesson 2- given their ages, most of this year's team will need replacing very soon, whatever division we are in.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

possession ! on 14:35 - Oct 29 with 1643 viewsqprewan

possession ! on 13:48 - Oct 29 by derbyhoop

Exactly that. Harry has a one time chance. Good players can keep possession at this level but, if/when they need to up the tempo, most of them haven't got it in them.

Burnley Lesson 1 - all the possession in the world os no use without end product
Burnley Lesson 2- given their ages, most of this year's team will need replacing very soon, whatever division we are in.

Spot on- we were discussing who of the current squad would be good enough for the premiership on the train back from Burnley -between us we came up with Green, Simpson, Austin, possibly Barton and possibly Hoilet- not muc of a team there then......
[Post edited 29 Oct 2013 14:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024