Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James McLean 15:13 - Nov 10 with 12232 viewsHayesender

Apparently dropped by Wigan today for refusing to wear a poppy.

Now although I think he is an absolute c@#t for doing so, should he or anyone be forced to do something against their will?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

James McLean on 15:22 - Nov 10 with 6140 viewsWeaverQPR

Thats why he will always be a chunt.

@WeavQPR

James McLean on 15:24 - Nov 10 with 6131 viewskomradkirk

I am sure we will hear his take on things before long.
James McLean on 15:24 - Nov 10 with 6130 viewsthemodfather

his choice, whatever his reason, someone in his family is likely to have served in one of the forces.
i think he's a charlie uniform november tango.
James McLean on 15:28 - Nov 10 with 6092 viewsHayesender

Its estimated 35000 Irishmen died in ww1.

He should be reminded of this fact!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

James McLean on 15:33 - Nov 10 with 6065 viewsWeaverQPR

Does he support Celtic?

@WeavQPR

James McLean on 15:34 - Nov 10 with 6062 viewsQPRMUSO

I hope opposing fans boo him from now on - jerk!
James McLean on 15:36 - Nov 10 with 6053 viewsBklynRanger

If it was some kind of club policy I could see a problem. If its the decision of the manager then that's a bit of a different thing I suppose.

It's a tricky one anyway, I'm far from being in agreement with McLean, but I can understand why he wouldn't want to wear a poppy. Saying that though, he's far too young to be giving it the big one.
James McLean on 15:52 - Nov 10 with 6000 viewsBigears

Shouldn't drop him for that as that are his veiws, but if his team mates refused to play with him, or he may have refused to do the minutes silence.

But what a thick idiot if he has, as poppy and remembrance days is not remembering just the British people lost, but for ALL men and women who lost their lives for us to live as we do today. Maybe someone should educate the thick idiot...
Login to get fewer ads

James McLean on 15:56 - Nov 10 with 5974 viewsdistortR

If it's a republican thing, then maybe he should think twice about living and earning in England? I could not accept that off one of our players.
James McLean on 16:14 - Nov 10 with 5890 viewskensalriser

Completely unacceptable. Whether or not he wears a poppy has nothing to do with how he performs his job.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

James McLean on 16:22 - Nov 10 with 5856 viewsTacticalR

This shows the lack of discipline in the game today. For example, when the FA told the England team to salute Hitler in Berlin in 1938, to a man they all did so.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3128202.stm

Air hostess clique

James McLean on 16:25 - Nov 10 with 5844 viewsdistortR

James McLean on 16:22 - Nov 10 by TacticalR

This shows the lack of discipline in the game today. For example, when the FA told the England team to salute Hitler in Berlin in 1938, to a man they all did so.

James McLean on 16:46 - Nov 10 with 5771 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Why would refusing to wear a poppy necessarily make him a republican? He might not be one. I really don't know if he is. And why is being a republican a bad thing?

I am a republican, a pacifist, and would never wear a poppy. I respect those that do and would expect to have my decision not to wear one respected in return.

Like McLean I am Irish, but I have English friends who are English republicans, pacifists and non-poppy wearers.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

James McLean on 16:46 - Nov 10 with 5766 viewsBrianMcCarthy

James McLean on 16:22 - Nov 10 by TacticalR

Cleverly put!

James McLean on 17:02 - Nov 10 with 5701 viewsQPRDave

If there are poppies on the rest of his teams shirts then his employer obviously supports this cause and as such has added it to his employees "uniform" for 1 day .....he should do as he's told, he's paid enough
James McLean on 17:09 - Nov 10 with 5654 viewsjonno

James McLean on 15:36 - Nov 10 by BklynRanger

If it was some kind of club policy I could see a problem. If its the decision of the manager then that's a bit of a different thing I suppose.

It's a tricky one anyway, I'm far from being in agreement with McLean, but I can understand why he wouldn't want to wear a poppy. Saying that though, he's far too young to be giving it the big one.

Out of interest - why do you think someone would not want to wear a poppy?
James McLean on 17:12 - Nov 10 with 5635 viewsdistortR

James McLean on 16:46 - Nov 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Cleverly put!

it was, but this is about respecting the traditions of the country you live in, and primarily respecting the sacrifices made by others so that one can enjoy the freedoms that we have. You know what? I'm on the republican, pacifist side of things, but as I said, this is about commemorating those who gave their lives for all our futures, and not condoning government.

So do one, Brian
James McLean on 17:13 - Nov 10 with 5630 viewsBrianMcCarthy

James McLean on 17:12 - Nov 10 by distortR

it was, but this is about respecting the traditions of the country you live in, and primarily respecting the sacrifices made by others so that one can enjoy the freedoms that we have. You know what? I'm on the republican, pacifist side of things, but as I said, this is about commemorating those who gave their lives for all our futures, and not condoning government.

So do one, Brian

Now, now, distortR!

How are you, kid?

James McLean on 17:14 - Nov 10 with 5626 viewsTHEBUSH

James McLean on 16:46 - Nov 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Why would refusing to wear a poppy necessarily make him a republican? He might not be one. I really don't know if he is. And why is being a republican a bad thing?

I am a republican, a pacifist, and would never wear a poppy. I respect those that do and would expect to have my decision not to wear one respected in return.

Like McLean I am Irish, but I have English friends who are English republicans, pacifists and non-poppy wearers.

Mclean plays for Wigan, they pay his wages, all the team shirts have poppy's printed on them, it's a team game, whether he's Irish, English or whatever has nothing to do with playing football, leave personal feelings out of it, just play the game !!
James McLean on 17:15 - Nov 10 with 5614 viewsBexleyQPR

James McLean on 17:02 - Nov 10 by QPRDave

If there are poppies on the rest of his teams shirts then his employer obviously supports this cause and as such has added it to his employees "uniform" for 1 day .....he should do as he's told, he's paid enough

As a freeborn Englishman I support James McLean's right not to wear a poppy. Since when has not wearing a poppy been a crime? Fair play to McLean.

Poll: Are QPR the Finest Team in all the land?

James McLean on 17:20 - Nov 10 with 5597 viewsdistortR

James McLean on 17:15 - Nov 10 by BexleyQPR

As a freeborn Englishman I support James McLean's right not to wear a poppy. Since when has not wearing a poppy been a crime? Fair play to McLean.

Not a crime, just disrespectful to a whole host of people imho, mainly due to his high-profile occupation asdmittedly.

Freeborn? £700 for the hospital's insurance alone....

Grumpy Brian, I'm old and grumpy. And you got me started.........
James McLean on 17:20 - Nov 10 with 5594 viewsBrianMcCarthy

James McLean on 17:14 - Nov 10 by THEBUSH

Mclean plays for Wigan, they pay his wages, all the team shirts have poppy's printed on them, it's a team game, whether he's Irish, English or whatever has nothing to do with playing football, leave personal feelings out of it, just play the game !!

I agree. I'm saying that Nationality has nothing to do with it, at least not for me. I've worn a white poppy before, but I wouldn't wear a red one, and it's not because I'm Irish. That said, if (and distortR will tell you this is a stretch!) I made my living playing ball, and I felt I couldn't wear a shirt with a red poppy on it, and my club told me that they'd leave me out for the game as a result, I'd respect their decision. Not sure McLean will be so philosophical about it!

James McLean on 17:23 - Nov 10 with 5570 viewsdistortR

James McLean on 17:20 - Nov 10 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree. I'm saying that Nationality has nothing to do with it, at least not for me. I've worn a white poppy before, but I wouldn't wear a red one, and it's not because I'm Irish. That said, if (and distortR will tell you this is a stretch!) I made my living playing ball, and I felt I couldn't wear a shirt with a red poppy on it, and my club told me that they'd leave me out for the game as a result, I'd respect their decision. Not sure McLean will be so philosophical about it!

Bob Malcolm without the pace and vision doesn't start to do you justice.
James McLean on 17:24 - Nov 10 with 5565 viewsQPRDave

James McLean on 17:15 - Nov 10 by BexleyQPR

Not saying it is a crime but his team were all prepared to wear the shirt, why can't he. We the public are not interested in his opinions, he's paid very well to entertain the locals on a football pitch.
Players very often come out with we shouldn't intrude on there personal lives and just judge them on the pitch maybe mcclean can use this advice
James McLean on 17:25 - Nov 10 with 5557 viewsted_hendrix

All this could be easily sorted out when a player signs his contract, the player should ask for a stipulation worded into the contract along the lines "I will not wear the clubs shirt if it has the poppy emblem printed on It"
The clubs owners can then take a view whether to sign the player or not.
?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024