Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swindon 07:23 - Feb 8 with 1345 viewsthrillseeker

In case people are unaware the away match against Swindon scheduled for 15 Feb has been brought forward to Friday 14 Feb with a KO of 19:45.

Nothing like a lot notice!!
Swindon on 09:17 - Feb 8 with 1335 viewswessex_exile

Shockingly poor decision, and one that it would seem CUFC had a role in by agreeing to it. Lots of fans on the OMB had booked early on the train with non-refundable train tickets, and it's only been moved to accommodate Swindon's paintpot trophy match on Monday evening. I can't even do this one on the train now, and I'm barely an hour away.

Very poor

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Swindon on 10:00 - Feb 9 with 1296 viewsbwildered

Notice that Posh league fixture next weekend was also changed to Fri night, was that a reaction to that ?
Let's face it the fans are the last to be considered rather than the first, the price paid for running into teams still involved in cup competitions. Pressure in TV schedule to fit games . We would hope to get other clubs cooperation if we were in such a position though.
Ironically no games for weeks, then two in four days, ( but will be three away games in a row).

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Swindon on 17:29 - Feb 12 with 1231 viewsnoah4x4

But the good news as regards team sheet is that Swindon striker Nile Ranger is (at this very minute) in police custody for breaking bail conditions.

Durham; please have a word with your local (Geordie) bobbies? Maybe they won't let him out until Saturday morning if you can give them an excuse to keep him?

(Here; I realise that Durham City is no more 'Geordie' than Stoke is 'Black Country' - but you are our most local envoy)
Swindon on 22:23 - Feb 12 with 1201 viewsnoah4x4

Swindon on 17:29 - Feb 12 by noah4x4

But the good news as regards team sheet is that Swindon striker Nile Ranger is (at this very minute) in police custody for breaking bail conditions.

Durham; please have a word with your local (Geordie) bobbies? Maybe they won't let him out until Saturday morning if you can give them an excuse to keep him?

(Here; I realise that Durham City is no more 'Geordie' than Stoke is 'Black Country' - but you are our most local envoy)

He's been released.

Swindon say "no action"

Bummer! Bet he scores against us.
Swindon on 22:30 - Feb 12 with 1199 viewsnoah4x4

Valentines day offer announced by Swindon.

Buy a match ticket £25. Then "bring your partner" for £10.

One hope's the number on the CUSA coach is exactly divisible by two. Then we can all enter in a long crocodile; e.g. two by two; holding hands and if we divvy up the costs; we save about £375 between us.

I will organise the 2 x 2 bit......
Swindon on 13:51 - Feb 13 with 1174 viewsdurham_exile

Swindon on 22:23 - Feb 12 by noah4x4

He's been released.

Swindon say "no action"

Bummer! Bet he scores against us.

Noah, sorry missed your request to keep him incarcerated.

Nile Ranger - sounds like a type of Egyptian crocodile.

We were rusty at Port Fail - back to normal at the County Ground, I hope!

Up the U's

Enjoy the game and safe journey.

Durham_exile

Swindon on 15:59 - Feb 13 with 1165 viewsbilko

Swindon on 09:17 - Feb 8 by wessex_exile

Shockingly poor decision, and one that it would seem CUFC had a role in by agreeing to it. Lots of fans on the OMB had booked early on the train with non-refundable train tickets, and it's only been moved to accommodate Swindon's paintpot trophy match on Monday evening. I can't even do this one on the train now, and I'm barely an hour away.

Very poor

To Colchester fans who dont realise - this match was not switched to Friday by us ie Swindon the reason is for it being switched is that as the paint pot cup match has been selected by sky tv for Monday night the deciding factor was the tv not Swindon and the FA told both clubs the game was to be switched to Friday.

No one likes friday night football so were as much against it as you.

SKY TV rules everything these days.
Swindon on 16:29 - Feb 13 with 1154 viewsbilko

Swindon on 17:29 - Feb 12 by noah4x4

Another factor to point out as all national papers have been reporting that Nile Ranger broke his bail conditions and you have also stated that on here.

Well the facts are he DIDNT break his bail conditions he was in Newcastle to speak to his lawyers regarding his forthcoming case and has been back training with us today and is in the squad for the game tomorrow and we all hope he will be starting as he is a class act on the pitch.
All the papers that reported he skipped bail now realise they were all wrong and all made sensationalist headlines but now they all realise they were wrong i doubt any of them will go to print to say they were wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Swindon on 19:34 - Feb 13 with 1135 viewsnoah4x4

Swindon on 16:29 - Feb 13 by bilko

Another factor to point out as all national papers have been reporting that Nile Ranger broke his bail conditions and you have also stated that on here.

Well the facts are he DIDNT break his bail conditions he was in Newcastle to speak to his lawyers regarding his forthcoming case and has been back training with us today and is in the squad for the game tomorrow and we all hope he will be starting as he is a class act on the pitch.
All the papers that reported he skipped bail now realise they were all wrong and all made sensationalist headlines but now they all realise they were wrong i doubt any of them will go to print to say they were wrong.

Innocent until proven guilty; fair enough.....

But it was reported that his bail conditions demand that he doesn't set foot in Northumbria. But he was re-arrested by the Police in Northumbria.

Then freed when it was realised his purpose there was to visit his lawyers. But how stupid is he? Why not meet them outside of the prohibited area?

The newspapers simply reported factually; and later added 'freed' (as above).
Swindon on 20:09 - Feb 13 with 1127 viewswessex_exile

Swindon on 15:59 - Feb 13 by bilko

To Colchester fans who dont realise - this match was not switched to Friday by us ie Swindon the reason is for it being switched is that as the paint pot cup match has been selected by sky tv for Monday night the deciding factor was the tv not Swindon and the FA told both clubs the game was to be switched to Friday.

No one likes friday night football so were as much against it as you.

SKY TV rules everything these days.

Fair do's Bilko, though I do have to point out that the U's love Friday night football normally, just a bloody nuisance when there were plenty planning this one as a weekend trip. I'm not exaggerating when I say that we would probably have had upwards of 400 there on Saturday, but be lucky to make 100 tomorrow night (but as the name suggests, I'll be one of them).

Up the U's

Up the U's

Swindon on 21:22 - Feb 13 with 1114 viewsnoah4x4

Swindon on 20:09 - Feb 13 by wessex_exile

Fair do's Bilko, though I do have to point out that the U's love Friday night football normally, just a bloody nuisance when there were plenty planning this one as a weekend trip. I'm not exaggerating when I say that we would probably have had upwards of 400 there on Saturday, but be lucky to make 100 tomorrow night (but as the name suggests, I'll be one of them).

Up the U's

Sussed out a decent pre-match watering hole yet Wessex?

The CUSA coach is leaving WHCS at 14,30; so there should be loads of time for a good session; unless we have a two hour 'tea & scones' stop!
Swindon on 21:30 - Feb 13 with 1111 viewswessex_exile

Swindon on 21:22 - Feb 13 by noah4x4

Sussed out a decent pre-match watering hole yet Wessex?

The CUSA coach is leaving WHCS at 14,30; so there should be loads of time for a good session; unless we have a two hour 'tea & scones' stop!

Haha - don't forget your knitting, tartan rug and thermos :-)

Last train back for me would be 2145, so I can't risk staying for a nail-biting finale then missing it, so sadly I'm driving tomorrow. If I have time beforehand, I'll pop into the Merlin for a pint - always a friendly watering hole, even if it's probably not in CAMRA's beer guide.

Up the U's

Swindon on 08:21 - Feb 14 with 1074 viewsbilko

Swindon on 21:30 - Feb 13 by wessex_exile

Haha - don't forget your knitting, tartan rug and thermos :-)

Last train back for me would be 2145, so I can't risk staying for a nail-biting finale then missing it, so sadly I'm driving tomorrow. If I have time beforehand, I'll pop into the Merlin for a pint - always a friendly watering hole, even if it's probably not in CAMRA's beer guide.

The Merlin pub is the pub for away fans in Drove Road 5 minutes walk from the ground.

Gales on the way for the south West today so keep watching the news just in case we wont have a problem with our pitch always one of the best playing surfaces and got voted the best playing surface again last season.
Swindon on 10:11 - Feb 14 with 1057 viewsBluenWightExile

If the rain on the isle of Wight reaches the county ground there'll be no chance tonight!!

Pinault-noir

Swindon on 10:33 - Feb 14 with 1053 viewswessex_exile

Swindon on 10:11 - Feb 14 by BluenWightExile

If the rain on the isle of Wight reaches the county ground there'll be no chance tonight!!

Absolutely sheeting down in South Wiltshire at the moment...

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024