Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester 18:46 - Feb 8 with 1136 viewsRobbie_Earles_Perm

Hi,

I'm the pre-match reporter for the Port Vale Fans Forum One Vale Fan.

Part of my role is to contact fans of our forthcoming opponents to ask them a few questions and gain their views on the upcoming fixture between our sides in order to produce a report which we release on the site a couple of days prior to the game.

I wondered if you have a few minutes and would be prepared to share a few views if you would kindly offer your feelings on the game by answering the following few questions;
1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan?
2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season)?
3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)?
4. What are your thoughts on your manager?
5. What are your thoughts on your board & off field club activities?
6. Any views on Port Vale & specific players?
7. Any views & memories of players / managers that have been involved with both teams?
8. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)?

Please also feel free to include any other information you feel worthy and I will knock it into a report as per the example below regarding contribution from Plymouth fans from our game with them;
http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/site/opposing-views-plymouth/

To enable me to produce this in good time I need your reply by Sunday evening and the report should appear on the website a day or two before our fixture.

Please also let me know if you would like me to include your name on the article.

Many thanks for your potential support in this matter.

Best Regards,

REP

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 19:56 - Feb 8 with 1119 viewswessex_exile

I've followed the U's since the 70s, first game as a young boy was a 1-0 win against Hartlepool in 1970 under our legendary manager Dick Graham (RIP). For the last 30+ years I've been an exile, first in Bradford (Uni and work) and then Wiltshire (work), but I still get to about 10-12 matches a season.

2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season)?
Form-wise we're doing well, enough so that Joe Dunne was one of the nominees for the accursed Manager of the Month award - fortunately he didn't win it. We have had an absolutely appalling season for injuries, and some key members of the squad are only just returning, so on balance I'd say we're about where I was expecting - mid(ish)-table for a season of consolidation ready for a serious go at promotion next season. Given all the recent postponements, we have shedloads of games in hand on most, and with a bit of luck we could just about challenge for 6th place, but realistically upper mid-table will be a good result for a team that only avoided relegation on the last day of last season (but what a day at Carlisle it was!).

Tell Mr Adams to do his own research - but seriously Sanchez Watt from midfield, a rejuvenated Vose on the wing, big Jabo in the box, the 7' octopus that is Sam Walker in goal, on his game 'Beast' Magnus at the heart of defence, and if he makes an appearance Freddie Sears feeding off Jabo's scraps.

Joe Dunne is a U's legend, as player and now manager. If you want the perfect accolade Mick "Bigger bastard then Mick Wadsworth" Wadsworth rated him so low he sold him to Dover Athletic - and as none of us would trust MW to sit the right way on the toilet, Joe was bought straight back as soon as Mick had moved 'further north' to Crystal Palace.

Robbie Cowling is a proper football fan, who has invested heavily in Col U, and specifically Florence Park - our training ground at at Tiptree - and named after Robbie's Nan I think. There are some local nimbys who complain regularly about the noise (of footballers having a game of football - apparently some of them occasionally say rude words), but it's an excellent facility and before too long we're expecting to get CAT2 status.

None I'm afraid, my only tenuous connection with Port Vale was that our ex-finance director was a Valiant. However, I did spend many years living in Salisbury, so it was your drubbing of the Whites to get through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup that put paid to what would have been my first trip to Vale Park.

7. Any views & memories of players / managers that have been involved with both teams?
None I'm afraid.

Difficult one, if we'd been playing you fresh on the tail of some excellent recent performances I'd fancy us to at least get a point, or even snatch a win...but all these postponements will not have helped, so my head prediction is 1-0 to Port Vale (Pope to score). My heart prediction, however, is we'll win 2-1, with Sanchez Watt getting a late winner.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 03:30 - Feb 9 with 1098 viewsRobbie_Earles_Perm

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 19:56 - Feb 8 by wessex_exile

I've followed the U's since the 70s, first game as a young boy was a 1-0 win against Hartlepool in 1970 under our legendary manager Dick Graham (RIP). For the last 30+ years I've been an exile, first in Bradford (Uni and work) and then Wiltshire (work), but I still get to about 10-12 matches a season.

Form-wise we're doing well, enough so that Joe Dunne was one of the nominees for the accursed Manager of the Month award - fortunately he didn't win it. We have had an absolutely appalling season for injuries, and some key members of the squad are only just returning, so on balance I'd say we're about where I was expecting - mid(ish)-table for a season of consolidation ready for a serious go at promotion next season. Given all the recent postponements, we have shedloads of games in hand on most, and with a bit of luck we could just about challenge for 6th place, but realistically upper mid-table will be a good result for a team that only avoided relegation on the last day of last season (but what a day at Carlisle it was!).

Tell Mr Adams to do his own research - but seriously Sanchez Watt from midfield, a rejuvenated Vose on the wing, big Jabo in the box, the 7' octopus that is Sam Walker in goal, on his game 'Beast' Magnus at the heart of defence, and if he makes an appearance Freddie Sears feeding off Jabo's scraps.

Joe Dunne is a U's legend, as player and now manager. If you want the perfect accolade Mick "Bigger bastard then Mick Wadsworth" Wadsworth rated him so low he sold him to Dover Athletic - and as none of us would trust MW to sit the right way on the toilet, Joe was bought straight back as soon as Mick had moved 'further north' to Crystal Palace.

Robbie Cowling is a proper football fan, who has invested heavily in Col U, and specifically Florence Park - our training ground at at Tiptree - and named after Robbie's Nan I think. There are some local nimbys who complain regularly about the noise (of footballers having a game of football - apparently some of them occasionally say rude words), but it's an excellent facility and before too long we're expecting to get CAT2 status.

None I'm afraid, my only tenuous connection with Port Vale was that our ex-finance director was a Valiant. However, I did spend many years living in Salisbury, so it was your drubbing of the Whites to get through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup that put paid to what would have been my first trip to Vale Park.

None I'm afraid.

Difficult one, if we'd been playing you fresh on the tail of some excellent recent performances I'd fancy us to at least get a point, or even snatch a win...but all these postponements will not have helped, so my head prediction is 1-0 to Port Vale (Pope to score). My heart prediction, however, is we'll win 2-1, with Sanchez Watt getting a late winner.

Thats perfect cheers, who was your ex-Finance Director?
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 09:08 - Feb 9 with 1090 viewswessex_exile

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 03:30 - Feb 9 by Robbie_Earles_Perm

Thats perfect cheers, who was your ex-Finance Director?

Gentleman by the name of Clive Gamble - know him?

Up the U's

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 15:50 - Feb 9 with 1074 viewsmfb_cufc

I would just add that it is probably a good time to play us as it will be 24 days since we last played, and are likely to be short of match fitness.

mfb

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 23:14 - Feb 9 with 1054 viewsRobbie_Earles_Perm

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 09:08 - Feb 9 by wessex_exile

Gentleman by the name of Clive Gamble - know him?

Can't say that I do, I shall have a look onn google! :)
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 23:15 - Feb 9 with 1053 viewsRobbie_Earles_Perm

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 15:50 - Feb 9 by mfb_cufc

I would just add that it is probably a good time to play us as it will be 24 days since we last played, and are likely to be short of match fitness.

Well we look well and truly zapped and aren't in the best of form at all so I think the first goal could be important, that said we scored the first 2 on Saturday and still conceded 3 for the 100th game running!
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 23:22 - Feb 9 with 1051 viewsRobbie_Earles_Perm

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 23:14 - Feb 9 by Robbie_Earles_Perm

No, nothing!

What about Ashley Vincent?
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 00:00 - Feb 10 with 1050 viewsmfb_cufc

Ashley Vincent was a player I never really rated in his time with us. Had plenty of pace, but bit of a one trick pony. He usually played wide right and tried to beat the left back down the line. Didn't succeed very often, and not much else to offer. Also spent a lot of time out injured. I see he scored quite a few goals for you in League 2 last season, but has hardly featured this season. Has he just been dropped, or has his injuries returned?

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 10:02 - Feb 10 with 1038 viewswessex_exile

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 23:14 - Feb 9 by Robbie_Earles_Perm

Aaah, misunderstanding methinks - he didn't play for Port Vale, he supports Port Vale...

Having had a chance to do some more research it, there is of course both big John Froggatt and Ray Harford from the 70s, and from Mick "Bigger bastard than etc." Wadsworth's tenure, Stephane Pounewatchy.

Up the U's

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 15:19 - Feb 10 with 1022 viewswessex_exile

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 10:02 - Feb 10 by wessex_exile

Aaah, misunderstanding methinks - he didn't play for Port Vale, he supports Port Vale...

Having had a chance to do some more research it, there is of course both big John Froggatt and Ray Harford from the 70s, and from Mick "Bigger bastard than etc." Wadsworth's tenure, Stephane Pounewatchy.

...and I have been reminded thanks to someone posting on the OMB, Micky Adams was actually our assistant manager for 6 months a few years back (took over from Harford as it happens).

Up the U's

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 08:16 - Feb 11 with 995 viewsnoah4x4

....I don't use Google........

.....my wife already knows everything!
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 13:56 - Feb 11 with 964 viewsthrillseeker

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 08:16 - Feb 11 by noah4x4

....I don't use Google........

.....my wife already knows everything!

but I bet you never tell her that
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 14:00 - Feb 11 with 962 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Liam Chilvers is still with you isn't he? He was a big part of our promotion side in 2005/06.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024