Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wembley Line-Up 22:26 - May 13 with 4290 viewswestolian

Yun must start

Dunne is a hoofball donkey and will make a mistake

You lot do the rest - if there is any to do !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Wembley Line-Up on 23:08 - May 13 with 4243 viewsdaveB

I thought Dunne played well last night, I imagine Yun will come in for Hill then it's a choice between traore and Doyle and Niko and Morrison, the rest picks itself I think
Wembley Line-Up on 23:33 - May 13 with 4212 viewsHollowayRanger

-----------------green--------------
simpson onouha dunne yun
----------barton---henry---------
hoilett-------nico---------benayon
---------------austin----------------

zamorra
doyal
morrison
oneill
traore
hill
murphy

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Wembley Line-Up on 23:52 - May 13 with 4196 viewsN12Hoop

Wembley Line-Up on 23:33 - May 13 by HollowayRanger

-----------------green--------------
simpson onouha dunne yun
----------barton---henry---------
hoilett-------nico---------benayon
---------------austin----------------

zamorra
doyal
morrison
oneill
traore
hill
murphy

Quite like the look of that. Last night Harry was able to change the game with the subs but we were 1-0 down at the time. If we'd been 2 down it would have been too late. He won't get away with that at Wembley. However BZ is our game changer and he probably can't do more than 30 or 40 mins.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Wembley Line-Up on 00:03 - May 14 with 4180 viewsthemodfather

for me it's only a case of o'neils legs against carrol's passing in the spaces..niko has to rest that hamstring so i go for
green
simmo dunne nedum yun
hoilett barton carroll or o'neil traore (if fit)
ravel
austin
Wembley Line-Up on 00:15 - May 14 with 4165 viewsHunterhoop

I think O'Neill probably deserves to keep his place given his performances over the two legs. Away at Wigan he was outstanding. I also think he's the fittest and covers the most ground of our CMs and we'll need that at Wembley. 3m wider and 3m longer, does make it a much bigger pitch!

Dunne still worries me. He started a bit shaky and was weak away at Wigan, but he was immense for extra time - a man mountain. He also has big game experience.

I desperately want Hill to play though given what this means to him. Yun was excellent. I've been calling for him to play LB for months. The question is do you start Hill and bring on Yun or start Yun and bring on Hill if it's a backs to the wall defensive jobby?

I'd go:
Green
Simpson Onouha Dunne Hill
Barton O'Neill
Hoilett Kranjcar Traore
Austin

subs:
Murphy
Yun
Ravel
Benayoun
Henry
Zamora
Doyle

If Niko is injured then Morrison starts. And, if Yun did start over Hill, I can perfectly understand that. I wouldn't risk changing the centre half pairing this late in the season now although I think we should have been playing Hill and Onouha for months.

Definitely want to see Traore and Hoilett play as they have pace which will be crucial on a big pitch against a sharp, quick, team like Derby.
Wembley Line-Up on 01:14 - May 14 with 4128 viewsjamois

I just don't see how Dunne having a great end to a 2nd half and a great extra time suddenly makes him a shoo-in for the final. He will be targeted and torn apart IMO. He's a fantastic pro and would be a terrific option to bring on from the bench if the opportunity requires it. I'd like to see Yun AND Hill. In fact, if Yun plays I think Hill HAS to start to daddy him. Also, don't understand anyone calling for Henry to play. He hasn't featured for a while now and O'Neill has amply demonstrated superior ability in tackling and distribution to win that choice. Charlie aside, I think many of the front 4 options are interchangeable and will require judicious use of subs as the occasion demands. Who starts in those positions won't necessarily be there beyond 60 mins. BobbyZ will have a key part to play I hope too. Anyway, my starting 11:

Green

Simpson | Onuoha | Hill | Yun

Barton | O'Neill

Hoilett | Niko (Ravel) | Traore (Benny)

Austin

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Wembley Line-Up on 02:43 - May 14 with 4106 viewsRangersAreBack

Wembley Line-Up on 00:15 - May 14 by Hunterhoop

I think O'Neill probably deserves to keep his place given his performances over the two legs. Away at Wigan he was outstanding. I also think he's the fittest and covers the most ground of our CMs and we'll need that at Wembley. 3m wider and 3m longer, does make it a much bigger pitch!

Dunne still worries me. He started a bit shaky and was weak away at Wigan, but he was immense for extra time - a man mountain. He also has big game experience.

I desperately want Hill to play though given what this means to him. Yun was excellent. I've been calling for him to play LB for months. The question is do you start Hill and bring on Yun or start Yun and bring on Hill if it's a backs to the wall defensive jobby?

I'd go:
Green
Simpson Onouha Dunne Hill
Barton O'Neill
Hoilett Kranjcar Traore
Austin

subs:
Murphy
Yun
Ravel
Benayoun
Henry
Zamora
Doyle

If Niko is injured then Morrison starts. And, if Yun did start over Hill, I can perfectly understand that. I wouldn't risk changing the centre half pairing this late in the season now although I think we should have been playing Hill and Onouha for months.

Definitely want to see Traore and Hoilett play as they have pace which will be crucial on a big pitch against a sharp, quick, team like Derby.

The question ought to be whether we pick Dunne or Hill to start at CB alongside Nedum and play Yun at LB from the start. These are the sort of difficult decisions managers are paid so handsomely to make but Harry has avoided making them all season only to make emergency changes during the match. Sadly I suspect he will return to type for the play off final.
[Post edited 14 May 2014 2:45]
Wembley Line-Up on 05:19 - May 14 with 4079 viewsKiwi76

Just how mobile is their Martin up front - clearly scored a hatful this season but is he a whippet or more physical in approach?
Dunne showed lot of leadership & ticker last night and can do that job again with pace alongside him. Neither he or Hill will offer us silky build up play from the back but have others to take that responsibility.
Would like to see Yun start as seemed very composed given situation.
Kranjcar was in everything good we did till he tired so starts if fit but do think there is more to come from Morrison at some stage.
Not ready to let the glow from last night go just yet!!
Login to get fewer ads

Wembley Line-Up on 06:19 - May 14 with 4063 viewsjamois

Wembley Line-Up on 05:19 - May 14 by Kiwi76

Just how mobile is their Martin up front - clearly scored a hatful this season but is he a whippet or more physical in approach?
Dunne showed lot of leadership & ticker last night and can do that job again with pace alongside him. Neither he or Hill will offer us silky build up play from the back but have others to take that responsibility.
Would like to see Yun start as seemed very composed given situation.
Kranjcar was in everything good we did till he tired so starts if fit but do think there is more to come from Morrison at some stage.
Not ready to let the glow from last night go just yet!!

word is Niko's done his hamstring kiwi

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Wembley Line-Up on 08:02 - May 14 with 4021 viewsichbinnaughty

Wembley Line-Up on 23:08 - May 13 by daveB

I thought Dunne played well last night, I imagine Yun will come in for Hill then it's a choice between traore and Doyle and Niko and Morrison, the rest picks itself I think

The simple fact is that if Richard Dunne wasn't on the pitch, even for the last 2 mins, we wouldn't have held out to win 2-1.
He almost single handedly repelled the last desperate waves of Wigan pressure.
Wembley Line-Up on 09:49 - May 14 with 3980 viewssimmo

O'Neils distribution is awful. He conceded possession by passing to the other team just as much as he wins the ball back. I sad I preferred Henry as although he might have less dynamism than O'Neil, he keeps the passes simpler and is stronger in the tackle. He was also coming in to pretty good form before he lost his place.

I am a little more confident about CM options now though. O'Neil also earnt man points for losing a tooth mid game and playing on.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Wembley Line-Up on 09:51 - May 14 with 3974 viewssimmo

Wembley Line-Up on 08:02 - May 14 by ichbinnaughty

The simple fact is that if Richard Dunne wasn't on the pitch, even for the last 2 mins, we wouldn't have held out to win 2-1.
He almost single handedly repelled the last desperate waves of Wigan pressure.

So bring him on to repel the desperate waves of Derby attacks if we're winning. But start on the front foot with proper attacking full backs.

People also forget that YSY has played at Wembley before....

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Wembley Line-Up on 10:04 - May 14 with 3953 viewsElHoop

Why not start with Zamora. Am I missing something here?

Green
Simpson Onuoha Dunne Yun
Doyle Kranjcar/O'neil Barton Traore/Kranjcar
Zamora Austin
Wembley Line-Up on 11:05 - May 14 with 3911 viewsHollowayRanger

Wembley Line-Up on 10:04 - May 14 by ElHoop

Why not start with Zamora. Am I missing something here?

Green
Simpson Onuoha Dunne Yun
Doyle Kranjcar/O'neil Barton Traore/Kranjcar
Zamora Austin

derby areso called pass masters

we will need 5 in midfield

and if it should go to extra time no way will zamorra last better to come on 60-70 mins

hill dunne together at wembley would worry me

kranjar could boss it with his passing IF FIT if not them morrison i guess but that would be a gamble

so maybe

-----------barton----herny---------------
hoilett--------benayon------traore

with morrison and zamorra as our wild cards

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Wembley Line-Up on 11:15 - May 14 with 3900 views08olesen

I really think people are missing out what happened at LR. We were being dominated for the first 20 because we played this 5 in midfield.

They will press both Dunne and Neds so they have to boot it long and Austin wont be able to hold off two CBs. The 5 in midfield wont get a chance!!!

We need to start with a 442 of

Green
Simp Dunne Neds Yun
Hoilet Barton Henry Traore
Austin Doyle

that will be the only way to get round it, and then once they are knackered and cant press (like Wigan) then we bring on Morrison or Nico to do some damage!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Wembley Line-Up on 11:17 - May 14 with 3896 viewsessextaxiboy

Wembley Line-Up on 11:05 - May 14 by HollowayRanger

and if it should go to extra time no way will zamorra last better to come on 60-70 mins

kranjar could boss it with his passing IF FIT if not them morrison i guess but that would be a gamble

so maybe

They wasnt pass masters at their place . Super coach sent them out to rough us up and get Barton sent off. Even their goal was a wrestling match .

I agree that Henry could play but only if he doesnt recieve the ball too deep . He looks dodgy when pressed facing our goal .
Wembley Line-Up on 11:21 - May 14 with 3886 viewsDiscodroid

Wembley Line-Up on 11:15 - May 14 by 08olesen

I really think people are missing out what happened at LR. We were being dominated for the first 20 because we played this 5 in midfield.

They will press both Dunne and Neds so they have to boot it long and Austin wont be able to hold off two CBs. The 5 in midfield wont get a chance!!!

We need to start with a 442 of

Green
Simp Dunne Neds Yun
Hoilet Barton Henry Traore
Austin Doyle

that will be the only way to get round it, and then once they are knackered and cant press (like Wigan) then we bring on Morrison or Nico to do some damage!

superb post. ^^^^^^^^^ agree with team selection and comments 100%^^^^^^^

doyle and austin will work their defence to death , ravel, niko and zamora to come on and finish them off..center mid looks strong , if unspectacular, but vitally full of energy(o'niel unlucky to be dropped).

the creation of chances / service to come from the wings...i would back us to beat derby 9 out of ten times with that staring eleven and subs bench.

very good side.

subs

murphy
clint
hughes
beau brummel if hammy ok if not yossi
morrison
o'niel
the karakken (zamora)
[Post edited 14 May 2014 11:41]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Wembley Line-Up on 11:37 - May 14 with 3868 viewsElHoop

Wembley Line-Up on 11:05 - May 14 by HollowayRanger

so maybe

Zamora won't last and Hoilett, Benayoun and Traore WILL last? All of them will last 120 minutes? I'd prefer to have my bit of Zamora from the start and see what happens. We might finish it in 90 minutes. We have a lot of players who might be a bit injured. I'm not sure about penalties suiting us either. We should start off on the assumption that Derby will be nervous and try to kill them early doors.
Wembley Line-Up on 12:28 - May 14 with 3828 viewskingsburyR

Fu(k knows why we should change our formation to suit the Oppo.

Let them worry about us.

Personally id leave Zamora for the last 30 mins as he has been effective in his last few games coming on then!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Wembley Line-Up on 13:05 - May 14 with 3801 views08olesen

Wembley Line-Up on 12:28 - May 14 by kingsburyR

Fu(k knows why we should change our formation to suit the Oppo.

Let them worry about us.

Personally id leave Zamora for the last 30 mins as he has been effective in his last few games coming on then!

Its easy to say that but if we are 2-0 down in under 20 mins because of a performance like the first 20 minuites against Wigan then it would be difficult to come back from.

We need to make sure we dont concede early, and the 5 in midfield could go wrong because we may not get a chance to pass it through midfield if they press.

Im not suggesting park the bus, but Monday night was way to open and with the front 3 that Derby have, we cant afford to have that again.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Wembley Line-Up on 13:17 - May 14 with 3779 viewsbaz_qpr

What is our formation? we had to switch to 4-4-2 on monday but HR selected the players for that and then shoe horned them in, into 4-4-1-1 with a forward on the left
Wembley Line-Up on 13:29 - May 14 with 3767 viewsDANRANGER

I feel we should get at Derby from the off and 4-4-2 does that. They are young and inexperienced so we don't want to give them the chance to settle in and enjoy the day so lets show real intent to win this. Their midfield had the legs on us at their place this year and I'm sure we would have had 3 in their so we need to push them back.

Martin is a handful but their pace comes from wide and Hughes in the middle. Very good side but Mclaren still doesn't know how they will handle the big day and more of our players have played in big games so we have to use our experience and get amongst them early.

no chance Dunne not playing so expect Hill to be dropped as Yun has to play. Question is does he start Zamora and get all he can out of him, for me yes as you don't want to be chasing the game at Wembley and he is playing for a new contract somewhere so what better stage. O'Neill has done enough for me and only other selection is Morrison or Kranjcar but if the latter is fit he should start.

Hoilett to be our match winner!!! Bigger pitch so even he can't run the ball out. for some reason I still rate him and he needs to realise his potential again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024