Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rooney the weak link 01:05 - Jun 15 with 7453 viewsQPRMUSO

Never thought I would say that but he was the one let down tonight, I did my nut when he took the ball off a surging Lallana, spoon!
Rooney the weak link on 01:45 - Jun 15 with 4625 viewsStanisgod

Absolute cack. World class my eye, only torres miss was worse than his tonight. 25 minute Gerrard told him to go wide where baines was getting slaughtered but he took no notice. Wouldn't play him Thursday.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Rooney the weak link on 01:46 - Jun 15 with 4612 viewsJAPRANGERS

what 15 million squid a year buys you
Rooney the weak link on 01:52 - Jun 15 with 4598 viewsTacticalR

Sick of the sight of the guy. On a different planet to the rest of the team, and looks increasingly like a relic from another era.

Air hostess clique

Rooney the weak link on 02:03 - Jun 15 with 4587 viewsQPRMUSO

He should be the only change on Thursday, even good old Gabby questioned Woy over Rooney.
Rooney the weak link on 03:26 - Jun 15 with 4526 viewsFredManRave

Great pass for the equaliser and I don't mean Edward Woodward...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Rooney the weak link on 04:28 - Jun 15 with 4508 viewsSonofNorfolt

He can play better, some of the others can't.
Rooney the weak link on 05:55 - Jun 15 with 4480 viewswestberksr

Square peg in a round hole, typical England.

When are we going to pick a left midfielder to play left midfield, Rooney is a centre forward or number 10. We wasted Scholes doing this and now doing the same with Shrek.
Rooney the weak link on 08:16 - Jun 15 with 4393 viewsbatmanhoop

totally anonymous up to the pass to Sturridge. Just don't get the role he is supposed to play. World class? Not International class on recent performances
Login to get fewer ads

Rooney the weak link on 08:22 - Jun 15 with 4384 viewsNortholt_Rs

Rooney the weak link on 05:55 - Jun 15 by westberksr

Square peg in a round hole, typical England.

When are we going to pick a left midfielder to play left midfield, Rooney is a centre forward or number 10. We wasted Scholes doing this and now doing the same with Shrek.

This! Played in totally the wrong position and it showed...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Rooney the weak link on 08:36 - Jun 15 with 4353 viewsBasingstokeR

Rooney left Baines so exposed and I thought Johnson and Gerrard in particular were poor. Lots of encouraging things on show, but I personally think we'd have drawn/won if Hodgson had gone completely with younger players and not force fit players in.
Rooney the weak link on 08:59 - Jun 15 with 4318 viewsRangersDave

Rooney the weak link on 08:16 - Jun 15 by batmanhoop

totally anonymous up to the pass to Sturridge. Just don't get the role he is supposed to play. World class? Not International class on recent performances

Not international class in any World Cup!

Just a Charlie big potatoes, whose 'reputation' is lauded by the press more tan any right minded fan!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Rooney the weak link on 09:03 - Jun 15 with 4316 viewsRanger78

I'm always uncomfortable digging out any player who gets played out of position.

Last night, I was pleased to see an England team full of effort, commitment and intent but I just don't get why we appear to be the only nation who play people out of position just because they are a star name.

The argument about Rooney being a bad player is just ridiculous in my opinion, he clearly isn't a bad player but if you want the best out of him.... play him as a striker or N0 10... How can that be difficult??

If not, then leave him in the bench..,, why should that be an issue, I just don't get it??? Time after time, manager after manager, we keep playing star names out of position just to fit them in... It's madness!

I actually feel sorry for Rooney.

I quite like Woy , he got a lot right but he'd needs the balls to play him in the right position or drop him
Rooney the weak link on 09:09 - Jun 15 with 4313 viewsRangersDave

Rooney the weak link on 09:03 - Jun 15 by Ranger78

I'm always uncomfortable digging out any player who gets played out of position.

Last night, I was pleased to see an England team full of effort, commitment and intent but I just don't get why we appear to be the only nation who play people out of position just because they are a star name.

The argument about Rooney being a bad player is just ridiculous in my opinion, he clearly isn't a bad player but if you want the best out of him.... play him as a striker or N0 10... How can that be difficult??

If not, then leave him in the bench..,, why should that be an issue, I just don't get it??? Time after time, manager after manager, we keep playing star names out of position just to fit them in... It's madness!

I actually feel sorry for Rooney.

I quite like Woy , he got a lot right but he'd needs the balls to play him in the right position or drop him

Hi mate,

Just to be clear, are you saying that for every World Cup he's played in so far Rooney has been played out of position and ergo has played cr ap?

Chees
Dave

Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Rooney the weak link on 09:17 - Jun 15 with 4293 viewsandygg

Rooney has 'John Barnes syndrome'.
Great club player, but put an England shirt on him, and he turns to shyte.
Rooney the weak link on 09:22 - Jun 15 with 4284 viewsRanger78

Rooney the weak link on 09:09 - Jun 15 by RangersDave

Hi mate,

Just to be clear, are you saying that for every World Cup he's played in so far Rooney has been played out of position and ergo has played cr ap?

Chees
Dave

No definitely not. He's been poor in the last world cups .... I don't really get your point? It's pretty obvious to everyone he's been rubbish in other tournaments.

I'm saying Rooney is not a bad footballer and if you want the best out if him, play him in his best position.... Simple really??

The last world cups are completely irrelevant??? I can't think of a single England player who had good world cups not just Rooney. Some payers last night have already had better world cups on a single game.

If you were going to take your point literarily, you'd have players out all of the time after bad games during a season??

I don't have a problem leaving Rooney out, all I want is the best team selected for each opposition in there right position.
Rooney the weak link on 09:32 - Jun 15 with 4263 viewsRangersDave

Rooney the weak link on 09:22 - Jun 15 by Ranger78

No definitely not. He's been poor in the last world cups .... I don't really get your point? It's pretty obvious to everyone he's been rubbish in other tournaments.

I'm saying Rooney is not a bad footballer and if you want the best out if him, play him in his best position.... Simple really??

The last world cups are completely irrelevant??? I can't think of a single England player who had good world cups not just Rooney. Some payers last night have already had better world cups on a single game.

If you were going to take your point literarily, you'd have players out all of the time after bad games during a season??

I don't have a problem leaving Rooney out, all I want is the best team selected for each opposition in there right position.

But on World Cup form he's a dead weight, surely there could be another younger, hungrier player taken instead of someone who's playing based on a jaded club reputation?

Rooney the weak link on 09:46 - Jun 15 with 4237 viewsRanger78

Rooney the weak link on 09:32 - Jun 15 by RangersDave

But on World Cup form he's a dead weight, surely there could be another younger, hungrier player taken instead of someone who's playing based on a jaded club reputation?

Like I said, I'm not precious if he starts or not, I agree go with the youth completely as far as I'm concerned.

I'm just not prepared to dig someone out who plays out of position and gives his all.

It's down to the manager to pick the team.... surely he deserves more stick??
Rooney the weak link on 09:48 - Jun 15 with 4233 viewsNorthernr

It was a bit of a throw back to the Sven era where your name got you in the starting 11, and we'll have a bit of a think about where we're going to fit you in later - that's how we ended up pising Paul Scholes off into early retirement, because we wouldn't drop either Gerrard or Lampard (who are both inferior to him) and ended up sticking Scholes left wing.
Once Hodgson had (rightly) decided that Sturridge was his striker then he had to bite the bullet and put Rooney on the bench. He's no kind of winger, we'd have been better off with Lallana's engine tracking that 4 back and helping Baines out.
Can't be too critical of a player picked hopelessly out of position but I thought his point blank refusal to help Baines out despite Gerrard's repeated pleas was poor and unprofessional.

Bigger picture, Rooney's style of play (charging around like an aggressive bull) and lifestyle (booze, fags, fck knows what to eat) has always meant he'd struggle to play at the top level beyond 30 IMO. He just doesn't look after himself and it will catch up with him. Pirlo seems to be getting better with age, when Rooney's his age he'll have to lean on the fruit machine to catch his breath on the way back to the bar from nipping outside for a fag. But he can still potentially be very useful for England if used in his correct position.
Rooney the weak link on 10:08 - Jun 15 with 4199 viewswestberksr

Rooney the weak link on 09:32 - Jun 15 by RangersDave

I think rooney is very easy to dislike but his previous WC form is a bit of a pointless issue, he got too wound up and was sent off and the other tournament was injured but taken anyway.

This is the first tournament we have a relatively injury free squad and we picked 3 center forwards against Italy, so somewhere another position was sacrificed to get Rooney and Welbeck in the 11. Welbeck might put in a shift but to then compromise the shape of the midfield for the sake of 'defending from the front' was ridiculous.

Rooney off of Sturbridge would have done most of the same work and offered more of a threat going forward, leaving a proper midfielder to play on the left. As it was, welbeck made a few useful tackles on the edge of their box and within 5 minutes Pirlo had sussed the weakness on our left.

Hodgson should have changed formation our players at half time as it clearly wasn't working.

Why do we insist on trying to fit the best 11 on the pitch rather than the most suitable 11, that should have many either Welbeck or Rooney on the bench to start last night.
Rooney the weak link on 10:17 - Jun 15 with 4174 viewsTHEBUSH

Apart from his glaring miss, in front of goal, I thought he did OK.

For me Rooney is not Englands problem, it's our defence, we don't have a commanding Centre Back, who can organise our defence.

Cahill and Jagielka, leave a lot to be desired
Rooney the weak link on 10:18 - Jun 15 with 4166 viewseasthertsr

If he is fit, Oxlade-Chamberlain should play instead of Rooney on Thursday.
Rooney the weak link on 10:21 - Jun 15 with 4151 viewswestberksr

Rooney the weak link on 10:18 - Jun 15 by easthertsr

If he is fit, Oxlade-Chamberlain should play instead of Rooney on Thursday.

A pacy wide player playing wide midfield for England; crazy talk, never gonna happen!
Rooney the weak link on 10:23 - Jun 15 with 4145 viewsQPR1882

Cant see how Rooney is getting so much stick, it is not his fault he was played out of position. Play Charlie Austin out on the wing and see if he is as good, of course he would not be.

Woy has an easy choice Play Rooney in his correct position or stick him on the bench. Yet another England manager with no bottle ( thats how Beckham ended up with so many caps )
Rooney the weak link on 10:24 - Jun 15 with 4144 viewsJigsore

to be honest the moment we conceded that second was when we lost. The Italians are and always have been happy to sit on a lead, they sent on a bloody defender on 55 minutes for goodness sake. The longer that game went on the more it suited their gameplan, which is letting the ball do the work.

It's a shame because at times we really had them on ice. We spent more time camped outside their box than vice versa but we didn't take our chances (and that, as everyone else has said, was because we pick namess and shoehorn them into a formation). We are far far better than last year at least but let ourselves be drawn in to the pitch. When you're that narrow the opposition fullbacks are always going to a field day. Lallana needs to start in that LAM spot and frankly Rooney does not deserve to displace either Sterling or Sturridge or who were both good last night.

Also anyone who's still calling for John 'heart of a lion' Terry to put an England shirt back on is a c*nt. You're not going to do that much better than Cahill and Jags

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Rooney the weak link on 10:24 - Jun 15 with 4142 viewsCHUBBS

Rooney has been playing top level football for 12 years and even at 28(probably has the body of a 32 year old) his lifestyle has caught up with him.
When he 1st started playing,he had the dynamic pace and ability to go past people like Ross Barkley does.
However everytime he gets the ball now he seems to cut back toward his own goal in an attempt to keep possession completely slowing down our attacks.
He constantly shoots from impossible positions when a pass is the better option and looks well off the pace of International football.
As far as i'm concerned England would be better off without him as we have younger better quicker options available now.
Whether he was out of position or not,he's just not mobile enough anymore.
Bring on Ross Barkley,i know he's only 20 but he's already a much better player than Rooney is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024