Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin O'Neil 00:13 - Jul 10 with 8233 viewsQPRMUSO

Talks utter nonsense. He always feels he has to agree or disagree with the other pundits who to be honest know more than him. He was a very average manager at best with an arrogance beyond belief. I hate him on the box!
Martin O'Neil on 01:03 - Jul 10 with 7089 viewsTripper

You're absolutely correct but as great a player as Fabio Cannavaro was it was a ridiculous idea to employ him as a pundit on an English TV channel.

ITV' s coverage with Adrian Chiles has been abysmal.

The star for me has been Danny Murphy on BBC, I think he will be a great addition to a team that's losing one of the best in Hansen.
Martin O'Neil on 02:14 - Jul 10 with 7057 viewsqprnaas

Martin O'Neil on 01:03 - Jul 10 by Tripper

You're absolutely correct but as great a player as Fabio Cannavaro was it was a ridiculous idea to employ him as a pundit on an English TV channel.

ITV' s coverage with Adrian Chiles has been abysmal.

The star for me has been Danny Murphy on BBC, I think he will be a great addition to a team that's losing one of the best in Hansen.

From the small snippets I've seen I think he's alright. I don't mind Lee Dixon but I find most of the rest and the BBC lads (especially Lineker, Shearer and Hansen) unbearable... Now I do know that I am living in Ireland and as we are not under the spotlight of the Premiership players and press, pundits can basically say what they want and get away with it without offending players, ex-friends, FA, UEFA etc... Check these out... Souness is also a different pundit on RTE compared to when he is on Sky

Martin O'Neil on 07:57 - Jul 10 with 6948 viewsPhildo

I have wangled an RTE feed here in the UK and although they can look like a meeting of the over 90s tea dance club the quality of the puditry and commentary on games is far better. I quite Like O'Neil though there is a touch of Brian Cloughs DNA in there.
Martin O'Neil on 08:34 - Jul 10 with 6905 viewsMonahoop

Martin O'Neil on 07:57 - Jul 10 by Phildo

I have wangled an RTE feed here in the UK and although they can look like a meeting of the over 90s tea dance club the quality of the puditry and commentary on games is far better. I quite Like O'Neil though there is a touch of Brian Cloughs DNA in there.

Yes they are a bunch of fossils, but they are more entertaining than anything ITV have to offer, which is the reason why I watched RTE's coverage last night rather than sit through listening to shite from Tyldersley and that inane dunderhead Townsend. Also RTE's commentary is quite old fashioned, but spares us all the unnecessary drivel and opinions from co commentators. Like him or loathe him, what Dunphy says is often meant with tongue firmly in cheek.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Martin O'Neil on 08:38 - Jul 10 with 6890 viewsjonno

Been impressed with Rio - far better than I expected.
Martin O'Neil on 09:12 - Jul 10 with 6825 viewspaulparker

i think O'Neil has been ok as a pundit, he was better on the Beeb, but Itv want to always talk with cannarvaro who is an absolute gimp, last night he said as a captain he wouldn't have wanted his team to score more than 4 against Brazil and that he would have instructed them to take it easy, WTF
as for O'Neil being an average manager , behave yourself , excellent jobs at Wycombe, Leicester, Celtic
anyway best pundits
Hoddle
Henry
Rio
Dixon (at a push )
seedorf
Strachan
murphy
As for Hansen he has been awful that Brazil game said it all for me, him & Lineker "Devasted" because Brazil lost , seriously it was cringe worthy at best

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Martin O'Neil on 09:36 - Jul 10 with 6784 viewspomanjou

Muso,

O'neill is there to talk. Its quite difficult, if not impossible, not to agree or disagree.

If I could agree with you I would, but I can't, so I am disagreeing with you

pom

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Martin O'Neil on 09:44 - Jul 10 with 6754 viewsQPRMUSO

Martin O'Neil on 09:36 - Jul 10 by pomanjou

Muso,

O'neill is there to talk. Its quite difficult, if not impossible, not to agree or disagree.

If I could agree with you I would, but I can't, so I am disagreeing with you

pom

My point Pom is he is the only one that either has to agree or disagree with another pundit, why doesn't he just give his view of the game thanthe view of what the other pundits are saying. Winds me up!
Login to get fewer ads

Martin O'Neil on 09:45 - Jul 10 with 6748 viewsClive_Anderson

Best are Murphy, Dixon, Ferdinand (amazingly), Seedorf. I actually don't mind Lawrenson, but realise that puts me in the 0.001%.

Hansen gave up bothering 15 years ago, him and Shearer are so lazy with their analysis.
Martin O'Neil on 09:51 - Jul 10 with 6728 viewsDiscodroid

thierry henry!!!

i half expect him to casually light up a gauloise , savour the quality of the smoke for 30 seconds before continuing with his thesis on the japanese left back.
no doubt being noshed off by some arty french tart from the pompidou centre, whilst being filmed in black and white on a hand held camera by david bailey.

somehow comes across as enigmatic , like he's clouded in smoke by the half glow of a tiffinay lamp, sprawled over a chesterfield in an opium like trance on the set of channel fours' after dark ', extolling the virtues of the honduran rigid and conformist defensive make up.
while sitting next to tracy emin or germain greer discussing 'bauhaus'

........its like we have to........................................................... wait for some............................. divine words of ...........wisdom, akin to plato or homer , to fall from those smug parisian lips that will bring enlightenment to us, the humble tv licence payer .

well, i can see it now!!!
old lineker, complete with new ' i claudius ' hair cut ...eyes down for a full house, ears wiggling while he waits for our thiery to blow his tantric snails muck across the table before waxing lyrical about the stern and impassive role of the false number 9 and its releation to focault and his deviance theory..

it would be nice danny mills of the bbc if you could go a sentance without saying the germans 'have ice in their viens' that would be supah dahrling.

still gives me a laugh!!

gerrads face when baby suerez burns his mouth!!!

hehehe

*must dash the bbc radio 5 ramadan a ding dong , daily diary is on ...
[Post edited 10 Jul 2014 10:03]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Martin O'Neil on 09:59 - Jul 10 with 6707 viewsQPRMUSO

Martin O'Neil on 09:45 - Jul 10 by Clive_Anderson

Best are Murphy, Dixon, Ferdinand (amazingly), Seedorf. I actually don't mind Lawrenson, but realise that puts me in the 0.001%.

Hansen gave up bothering 15 years ago, him and Shearer are so lazy with their analysis.

Your selection is identical to mine, I even found Lawrenson quite funny this time. I would have like a bit of Sounness on the box, always frank.
Martin O'Neil on 10:17 - Jul 10 with 6664 viewspaulparker

Martin O'Neil on 09:51 - Jul 10 by Discodroid

thierry henry!!!

i half expect him to casually light up a gauloise , savour the quality of the smoke for 30 seconds before continuing with his thesis on the japanese left back.
no doubt being noshed off by some arty french tart from the pompidou centre, whilst being filmed in black and white on a hand held camera by david bailey.

somehow comes across as enigmatic , like he's clouded in smoke by the half glow of a tiffinay lamp, sprawled over a chesterfield in an opium like trance on the set of channel fours' after dark ', extolling the virtues of the honduran rigid and conformist defensive make up.

........its like we have to........................................................... wait for some............................. divine words of ...........wisdom, akin to plato or homer , to fall from those smug parisian lips that will bring enlightenment to us, the humble tv licence payer .

old lineker, complete with new ' i claudius ' hair cut ...eyes down for a full house, ears wiggling while he waits for our thiery to blow his tantric snails muck across the table before waxing lyrical about the stern and impassive role of the false number 9 and its releation to focault and his deviance theory..

it would be nice danny mills of the bbc if you could go a sentance without saying the germans 'have ice in their viens' that would be supah dahrling.

still gives me a laugh!!

hehehe

Quality Post Disco, I don't know how you dream them up , but you had me in stiches at my Desk just then , Bravo sir keep up the good work

BTW your right the Baby Suarez GIF is a thing of Beauty, its the look on King Kennys face that cracks me up the most

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Martin O'Neil on 10:32 - Jul 10 with 6624 viewsDiscodroid

Martin O'Neil on 10:17 - Jul 10 by paulparker

Quality Post Disco, I don't know how you dream them up , but you had me in stiches at my Desk just then , Bravo sir keep up the good work

BTW your right the Baby Suarez GIF is a thing of Beauty, its the look on King Kennys face that cracks me up the most

thanks me old mate, must be the excitement of ramadan or the qpr trip to leyton orient soon, cant decide which just yet!!, ?wonder if anyone on here going.?

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Martin O'Neil on 10:39 - Jul 10 with 6600 viewsrobith

I like O'Neil, better than a lot of the "Oh, they'll be disappointed with that" crowd.

Murphy, bar a couple of moments has been good.

Keown somehow manages to be wrong about absolutely everything. Everytime he speaks I think "Err, no they're not"

Cannavaro is a joke.

Dixon is good. I liked how he kept correcting himself from Holland to the Netherlands.

I often complain that there is always a focus on ex pros over having some journalism in there, but Rio has been brilliant at doing what ex pros are supposed to be there for - brining to life what it's like to be there. Several times he really brought the situation to life - during the Brazil game his story of getting thumped at Liverpool and Scholes turning round and saying "no more goals" and not seeing anyone in the Brazil team doing that was a terrific example of that.

Shearer and Chiles represent everything wrong with UK football TV coverage
Martin O'Neil on 10:40 - Jul 10 with 6599 viewspaulparker

Martin O'Neil on 10:32 - Jul 10 by Discodroid

thanks me old mate, must be the excitement of ramadan or the qpr trip to leyton orient soon, cant decide which just yet!!, ?wonder if anyone on here going.?

I sent BrixtonR a PM last week & mentioned the Orient game , I would be up for it ,
(would need to pull a few strokes at work ) be good if we got a crowd of LFW Regs and some of the Frankie Lot, a midweek game Drinking in the Sunshine what's not to like

Martin O'Neil on 11:21 - Jul 10 with 6545 viewsdaveB

Hansen calling the Brazil game his lowest moment watching football was ridiculous, thank god he is going to retire.

Agree Ferdinand, Murphy and Thierry Henry have all been very good. Glenn Hoddle was also excellent but usually is when he is on sky as well. If he could manage as well as he talks he'd have been a brilliant football manager
Martin O'Neil on 12:44 - Jul 10 with 6489 viewsToast_R

Martin O'Neil on 11:21 - Jul 10 by daveB

Hansen calling the Brazil game his lowest moment watching football was ridiculous, thank god he is going to retire.

Agree Ferdinand, Murphy and Thierry Henry have all been very good. Glenn Hoddle was also excellent but usually is when he is on sky as well. If he could manage as well as he talks he'd have been a brilliant football manager

Why?

He played against them in 82 when Scotland were played off by the park by what he called the best team never to win the World Cup. He wrote about that game in his book and how the Scotland players called David Narey a daft sod for scoring the fist goal to put them 1 up as they knew Brazil would come back full pelt. To him that was the greatest team he ever faced and he holds them in the high esteem. So to see that team who had so many gifted superstars down the years, capitulate like a pub side was obviously upsetting for him. He only commented on how he felt, whats so wrong in that?
[Post edited 10 Jul 2014 12:46]
Martin O'Neil on 13:02 - Jul 10 with 6457 viewsdaveB

Martin O'Neil on 12:44 - Jul 10 by Toast_R

Why?

He played against them in 82 when Scotland were played off by the park by what he called the best team never to win the World Cup. He wrote about that game in his book and how the Scotland players called David Narey a daft sod for scoring the fist goal to put them 1 up as they knew Brazil would come back full pelt. To him that was the greatest team he ever faced and he holds them in the high esteem. So to see that team who had so many gifted superstars down the years, capitulate like a pub side was obviously upsetting for him. He only commented on how he felt, whats so wrong in that?
[Post edited 10 Jul 2014 12:46]

after watching a game where one team were sensational to be as depressed as he was is ridiculous. He may well have liked a Brazil team years ago but there was a lot to like about Germany and you'd like to think the paid pundits might talk about the brilliant play than sulk and moan. It was almost like Ian Wright whenever England lose refusing to speak.

Far too many on both the beeb and itv seem to think everyone is supporting Brazil and the love in they all had was very annoying.
Martin O'Neil on 13:10 - Jul 10 with 6446 viewslondonscottish

Martin O'Neil on 08:38 - Jul 10 by jonno

Been impressed with Rio - far better than I expected.

Yeah me too. Plenty of interesting and well considered insight, much to my surprise. He was the only one who called the Germany Brazil came correctly the other day. (Not the score but the fact that Germany would nail it)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Martin O'Neil on 13:16 - Jul 10 with 6432 viewsbaz_qpr

Martin O'Neil on 13:02 - Jul 10 by daveB

after watching a game where one team were sensational to be as depressed as he was is ridiculous. He may well have liked a Brazil team years ago but there was a lot to like about Germany and you'd like to think the paid pundits might talk about the brilliant play than sulk and moan. It was almost like Ian Wright whenever England lose refusing to speak.

Far too many on both the beeb and itv seem to think everyone is supporting Brazil and the love in they all had was very annoying.

I have to say I felt like Hanson, a little bit of my heart broke with Brazil this year, we've grown watching them and loving them and to see them turned into Paraguay and then humiliated by the Germans of all teams was horrible
Martin O'Neil on 13:20 - Jul 10 with 6423 viewshook_hoops

Martin O'Neil on 09:51 - Jul 10 by Discodroid

thierry henry!!!

still gives me a laugh!!

hehehe

Ah, Channel 4's After Dark - that brings me back. One of my favourite TV moments when a very drunk Oliver Reed kisses an outraged lesbian and gets a straight red card

Martin O'Neil on 13:29 - Jul 10 with 6405 viewsPommyhoop

Martin O'Neil on 13:20 - Jul 10 by hook_hoops

Ah, Channel 4's After Dark - that brings me back. One of my favourite TV moments when a very drunk Oliver Reed kisses an outraged lesbian and gets a straight red card

Ahh thank you You Tube for reviving that episode .I remember seeing the original back in the day. Good old Ollie.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Martin O'Neil on 14:01 - Jul 10 with 6358 viewsDiscodroid

wonderful.

do you think the attractive lesbian in the oliver reed clip may supporting the teachers strike today ???

hope shes packed enough samosa's and ladies fingers to see her through the piss up today with the other rug munchers domiciled in their slave pits by this harsh inhuman goverment.

according to the beeb this morning teachers are using food banks now.

if they revised their budget and cut out drink, drugs ,clubbing, holidays to tibet, clothes from camden market and stayed at home at some point during there 46 weeks holiday per year, perhaps this can act as salve to their sore parts

*note to peejay this has fu ck all to do with queens park rangers football club.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2014 14:03]

Martin O'Neil on 14:07 - Jul 10 with 6340 viewspaulparker

Martin O'Neil on 14:01 - Jul 10 by Discodroid

wonderful.

do you think the attractive lesbian in the oliver reed clip may supporting the teachers strike today ???

hope shes packed enough samosa's and ladies fingers to see her through the piss up today with the other rug munchers domiciled in their slave pits by this harsh inhuman goverment.

according to the beeb this morning teachers are using food banks now.

if they revised their budget and cut out drink, drugs ,clubbing, holidays to tibet, clothes from camden market and stayed at home at some point during there 46 weeks holiday per year, perhaps this can act as salve to their sore parts

*note to peejay this has fu ck all to do with queens park rangers football club.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2014 14:03]

Spot on Disco

Mrs P is losing a days pay having to stay at home due to these tvvats striking
how about you have a march when its the school holidays in 2 weeks you kunts

Martin O'Neil on 14:12 - Jul 10 with 6325 viewsdaveB

Martin O'Neil on 13:16 - Jul 10 by baz_qpr

I have to say I felt like Hanson, a little bit of my heart broke with Brazil this year, we've grown watching them and loving them and to see them turned into Paraguay and then humiliated by the Germans of all teams was horrible

When was the last time we saw this exciting samba like Brazil team, probably got to go back to 1982 for that, they've been horrible to watch relying on superstar strikers to bail them out for years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024