Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norman Golding 22:07 - Jul 24 with 3615 viewsCHUBBS

A delayed RIP for an ex Rs player that i'd never previously heard of.
All the same after reading this article by Steve Russell i couldn't help but feel a sense of sadness how it all ended after such a positive start at Rangers.
Any of you lot remember this fella?

http://www.indyrs.co.uk/2014/07/in-memory-of-norman-jimmy-golding/
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 22:23]
Norman Golding on 23:32 - Jul 24 with 3575 viewsTheBlob

Yes I remember Norman as a player and later manager of non league (Metropolitan League)Cray Wanderers,my local team.A real class apart,just oozed professionalism and as manager took Cray to the quarter finals of the FA Amateur Cup 1967-8.A stylish midfielder/right winger,good passer of the ball.Really sad about this,very nice guy.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Norman Golding on 03:21 - Jul 25 with 3542 viewsSonofNorfolt

Steve Russell and the boys give this interesting information out very well.
I must admit I barely know his name.
If known, I'm sure some of us, when in The Duke's Head over the years gone by, would have sort him out to shake his hand.
My dad used to take me to 'The Thatched House', Dalling Rd, when ex Fulham and England centre forward Bedford Jezzard was the guvnor. He told me great tales, including one about Jimmy Hill, and how good the Hungarians were as he debuted in
the 7-1 defeat in Budapest, which had followed on from the 6-3 reverse at Wembley.
Jim Langley used to drink in there as well.
Norman Golding on 06:07 - Jul 25 with 3527 viewscyprusmel

I have seen him play and as stated he was a right winger and always gave his best. I think he must have been there around 1958-62 time possibly when Jack Taylor was the manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024