Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Dale 20:19 - Nov 8 with 1733 viewsRobbie_Earles_Perm

Hi,

I'm the pre-match reporter for the Port Vale Fans Forum One Vale Fan.

Part of my role is to contact fans of our forthcoming opponents to ask them a few questions and gain their views on the upcoming fixture between our sides in order to produce a report which we release on the site a couple of days prior to the game.

I wondered if one or more of you (up to a maximum of 3 or 4) have a few minutes and would be prepared to share a few views if you would kindly offer your feelings on the game by answering the following few questions;

1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan?
2. How do you expect your team to do this season (including a forecast for a positional finish for the entire season)?
3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)?
4. What are your thoughts on your manager and his signings this season?
5. What are your thoughts on your board & off field club activities?
6. Which one Vale player would you take past or present to add value to your squad?
7. How do you expect Vale to do this season?
8. What is your team's most memorable game with Vale (good or bad reasons)?
9. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)?

Please also feel free to include any other information you feel worthy and I will knock it into a report as per the example below regarding contribution from Notts County fans from a game with them;
http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?76437-Opposing-views-Notts-Coun

To enable me to produce this in good time I need a reply by Wednesday and the report should appear on the website a day or two before our fixture.

Please also let me know if you would like me to include your name on the article.

Many thanks for your potential support in this matter.

Best Regards,

REP
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Dale on 01:26 - Nov 10 with 1562 viewsRobbie_Earles_Perm

Anybody like to take part?
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Dale on 12:13 - Nov 11 with 1395 viewsD_Dale

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Dale on 01:26 - Nov 10 by Robbie_Earles_Perm

Anybody like to take part?

Erm, seems not. Not sure why, the regular posters seem preoccupied by the sending off of Henderson, Dale's most highly regarded player, on Saturday, and the uninspiring round two draw. Nor are there many positive memories of Dale doing well at Vale Park. As far as I can tell, we've never won a league match there. Of the 46 league meetings Dale have won only 6 times (Port Vale have won 17 and exactly half, 23, were drawn). But this comment will send your post to the top, and maybe someone will neglect their work and respond to your questions.
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Dale on 12:34 - Nov 11 with 1362 viewsD_Alien

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Dale on 12:13 - Nov 11 by D_Dale

Erm, seems not. Not sure why, the regular posters seem preoccupied by the sending off of Henderson, Dale's most highly regarded player, on Saturday, and the uninspiring round two draw. Nor are there many positive memories of Dale doing well at Vale Park. As far as I can tell, we've never won a league match there. Of the 46 league meetings Dale have won only 6 times (Port Vale have won 17 and exactly half, 23, were drawn). But this comment will send your post to the top, and maybe someone will neglect their work and respond to your questions.

Oi! Some of us can multitask you know!

(But only at work - never at home)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Dale on 20:26 - Nov 11 with 1141 viewsRobbie_Earles_Perm

Multi-task away, go on please!!!! :)
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Dale on 20:51 - Nov 11 with 1093 views442Dale

Will have a go....

1. A fan since the early 80s. Instantly recognised that reverting to an all white strip in 1982 was a mistake that would bother me while watching Metal Mickey after each home game.

2. Quietly hoped we might be on the periphery of the playoffs with the addition of a striker, but expected a mid-table season. With no real addition up front apart from Calvin Andrew as a semi-permanent sub, we're in the top six. I expect what I once hoped a bit more now.

3. Allen (if fit), Hery, Done. Allen made his first real impact at Vale Park in the JPT last season, he's the most aware young footballer you'll ever see in the lower leagues.

4. Keith Hill gets football management right more often than any other managers could ever dream of. You can question the odd signing but again, he's best left to it. Getting Jack O'Connell back was the masterstroke everyone wanted.

5. The club is run sensibly, we also recognise that Hill and his development of players is a constant source of income. Off the field? There's a book that could be written, but instead look round the tens of threads on the forum.

6. Danny Glover. Not the rubbish striker we had on loan and left on the bench, but his namesake who revoked diplomatic immunity.

7. Pretty much where you are. Anything between 19th and 12th with Louis Dodds sometimes playing then sometimes not. Then playing again. Sometimes off the front man or wide or in midfield. Or not.

8. Start of the promotion season, 09/10. 1-1, Joe Thompson on a wall, a purple kit we then went on to wear almost everywhere.

9. 2-2, Dodds 2. Or not. Done and Rose for us.

That do?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Dale on 21:00 - Nov 11 with 1068 viewsRobbie_Earles_Perm

Perfect thanks, I now have two great responses (1 via PM) so I will create an article which will appear on our site on Friday.

Thanks again, enjoy your trip on Saturday (but not the result) if you are going and I will drop you all a request with different questions for our return fixture :)
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Dale on 21:02 - Nov 11 with 1057 views442Dale

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Dale on 21:00 - Nov 11 by Robbie_Earles_Perm

Perfect thanks, I now have two great responses (1 via PM) so I will create an article which will appear on our site on Friday.

Thanks again, enjoy your trip on Saturday (but not the result) if you are going and I will drop you all a request with different questions for our return fixture :)

I'm not doing any more.

You're welcome.

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Dale on 21:24 - Nov 11 with 1014 viewsRobbie_Earles_Perm

I'm fairly sure you did the closed season one too didn't you?

Love your comments about Danny Glover (his dad who was a legend as a player - possibly the best ball playing centre-half I have ever seen and horrendous as a manager is now back at the club assisting Rob Page) and particularly Louis Dodds, one of the regulars on our site is either his dad or his older secret lover so I expect a reply on that aspect!
Login to get fewer ads

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Dale on 21:27 - Nov 11 with 998 views442Dale

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Dale on 21:24 - Nov 11 by Robbie_Earles_Perm

I'm fairly sure you did the closed season one too didn't you?

Love your comments about Danny Glover (his dad who was a legend as a player - possibly the best ball playing centre-half I have ever seen and horrendous as a manager is now back at the club assisting Rob Page) and particularly Louis Dodds, one of the regulars on our site is either his dad or his older secret lover so I expect a reply on that aspect!

If I did, I must have forgotten or you're trying to keep up a conversation until we play at Spotland.

You won't fool me.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024