Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal 22:29 - Jan 15 with 3403 viewsnadera78

So apparently QPR offered Matt Phillips to Wigan in exchange for Shaun Maloney. 31 year old Shaun Maloney.

Someone's going to have to explain that one to me.
Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 22:34 - Jan 15 with 3363 viewsbosh67

He's the guy that smashed in a great free kick against us in the final minutes of the home game against Wigan a few years ago to deprive us of a win. He can take corners, free kicks and can cross. Not got a great deal of pace but he gets to the byline. If anyone remembers what one of those is.

But, apparently it's fallen through in the blink of an eye. How surprising.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2015 22:37]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 22:37 - Jan 15 with 3338 viewseghamranger

Sounds like a swap and we pay them 5 million.

Any chance we could get rid of toilet and Swp too
Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 22:40 - Jan 15 with 3314 viewskarl

As a short term fix that would have been a great deal. Phillips has done nothing for us (manager/coaching? ) but having watched Maloney over the years and recently for Scotland he's streets ahead of Phillips. I spoke to 3 Wigan supporters after the Scotland England game and they were dreading losing him, only player pulling his weight.
I will say that you really use him as a false forward in that he doesn't do a lot of defending for a midfielder so for us you'd be playing Charlie with him in support and i'm not sure that's using Charlie to his strengths? However his set pieces are as good as anyone I can think of outside the very top (Ronaldo etc) and that would be worth something considering Phillips struggles to get the ball in the box full stop!

Edit. Just seen the £5m bit, not such good value but still I would have gone for it
[Post edited 15 Jan 2015 22:41]
Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 23:27 - Jan 15 with 3181 viewsonlyrinmoray

Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 22:40 - Jan 15 by karl

As a short term fix that would have been a great deal. Phillips has done nothing for us (manager/coaching? ) but having watched Maloney over the years and recently for Scotland he's streets ahead of Phillips. I spoke to 3 Wigan supporters after the Scotland England game and they were dreading losing him, only player pulling his weight.
I will say that you really use him as a false forward in that he doesn't do a lot of defending for a midfielder so for us you'd be playing Charlie with him in support and i'm not sure that's using Charlie to his strengths? However his set pieces are as good as anyone I can think of outside the very top (Ronaldo etc) and that would be worth something considering Phillips struggles to get the ball in the box full stop!

Edit. Just seen the £5m bit, not such good value but still I would have gone for it

Whats Mackay Steven at Dundee Utd like Karl ? Looks good on the clips shown up here available at £250 000 seems a bargain, can he cross a ball ? I see Celtic are interested doing their usual hovering up of opposition players Too young for QPR doesn't play for a London Club ?
Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 23:47 - Jan 15 with 3133 viewsTrance_Trousers

Appears it was Callum McManaman involed in the swap deal.

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 00:03 - Jan 16 with 3086 viewskarl

Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 23:27 - Jan 15 by onlyrinmoray

Whats Mackay Steven at Dundee Utd like Karl ? Looks good on the clips shown up here available at £250 000 seems a bargain, can he cross a ball ? I see Celtic are interested doing their usual hovering up of opposition players Too young for QPR doesn't play for a London Club ?

Just written an essay on this Moray and lost it, moving house and not on normal broadband but 'bt wifi' and just dumped me!
Short version I wouldn't go with GMS as I'm not sure he has bottle, been at Liverpool and Fulham without getting near a game, always injured, at Dundee United he has a few games dominating teams then seems to be injured for a few weeks. He seems to have signed a precontract with Celtic and I can see that suiting him as they will dominate teams allowing him free reign, just don't think he operates well under pressure, Strachan hasn't picked him for Scotland and I think that tells you a lot tbh
Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 00:07 - Jan 16 with 3071 viewskarl

Would like to add that I think he is a lovely footballer on his day, good winger and very entertaining but just not EPL.
Did hear today that he didn't fancy the travelling involved for Championship, best avoided I would say
Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 00:12 - Jan 16 with 3063 viewsnadera78

Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 22:40 - Jan 15 by karl

'Short term' being the key phrase.

A 23 year old with undoubted talent - and yes I know he hasn't shown much of it but it's undoubtedly there - in exchange for a 31 year old? That only ever makes sense if your one and only aim is to avoid relegation this season at any price.

I'm afraid it's just another example of the club not having a coherent structure or plan.
Login to get fewer ads

Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 00:19 - Jan 16 with 3033 viewskarl

Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 00:12 - Jan 16 by nadera78

A 23 year old with undoubted talent - and yes I know he hasn't shown much of it but it's undoubtedly there - in exchange for a 31 year old? That only ever makes sense if your one and only aim is to avoid relegation this season at any price.

I'm afraid it's just another example of the club not having a coherent structure or plan.

You are right.
Only proviso would be that Phillips has got something about him, hasn't looked good when I've seen him for Scotland (limited amount of games of course) and just doesn't seem good enough when I've watched him on the box for QPR. Teddy Sheringham at 40 yr old would have been better than me at 23.
The £5m fee does change things I will admit but it looks like it was McManaman for Phillips and i'm sure they will be similar age so then it comes down yoto whether you prefer a shrinking violet or thug I suppose?
Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 07:28 - Jan 16 with 2770 viewsdaveB

Stupid idea imo, another short term fix where we get lumbered with players we don't want in six months time, why not just work on Phillips game, he's a decent winger get him back to doing basics, give him a run in the side and I reckon he'd do well.
Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 07:39 - Jan 16 with 2750 viewsShotKneesHoop

Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 22:37 - Jan 15 by eghamranger

Sounds like a swap and we pay them 5 million.

Any chance we could get rid of toilet and Swp too

No one is daft enough to touch either with a barge pole - (apart from us)

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 07:46 - Jan 16 with 2729 viewsPommyhoop

Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 07:28 - Jan 16 by daveB

Stupid idea imo, another short term fix where we get lumbered with players we don't want in six months time, why not just work on Phillips game, he's a decent winger get him back to doing basics, give him a run in the side and I reckon he'd do well.

'' why not just work on Phillips game, he's a decent winger get him back to doing basics,''
Because H is still our manager. He doesn't do that.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 08:33 - Jan 16 with 2660 viewsJonDoeman

Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 00:07 - Jan 16 by karl

Would like to add that I think he is a lovely footballer on his day, good winger and very entertaining but just not EPL.
Did hear today that he didn't fancy the travelling involved for Championship, best avoided I would say

Agree Karl, very clever little player.

It Is What It Is !!

Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 08:35 - Jan 16 with 2652 viewsJonDoeman

Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 00:12 - Jan 16 by nadera78

If true! Doesn't really add up does it!

It Is What It Is !!

Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 08:48 - Jan 16 with 2614 viewsDiscodroids

a 23 year old that we paid 5 million for and swap for a 31 year old and pay them £5million??.

have i got that right??.

sometimes, just sometimes , i fu cking hate this club under the 'management' of this 12 century druid, adso of melt, who seems to be living in age of blade runner technology, while carving a fkn abacus.

im actually beginning to despise him.

my blood pressure is reaching critical levels whenever i see him talk in that twang or even look at his all -eggs- in -one -basket- couldnt -give- a fu ck- shrug of his.

whats james' day of the jackel' fox up to these days ?, can we have a whip round?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2015 9:29]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 09:11 - Jan 16 with 2546 viewssimmo

I like Phillips and I am hopeful he will come good. He was a great signing for us when we made it, he just needs games to get his confidence back. I think a loan deal might be best for all involved but I think we should definitely retain him. Let's not forget the right 'winger' keeping him out the team at the moment is not a QPR player himself...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 09:14 - Jan 16 with 2532 viewsLowerloftLad

Find it strange deals are being spoken about when clearly Harry will gone Sunday morning ???

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 09:22 - Jan 16 with 2503 viewsDejR_vu

Phillips - Maloney Swap Deal on 07:28 - Jan 16 by daveB

Ideally you would give him a run in the side until his form improves. The problem there is that the rest of the side isn't good enough to carry anyone for any length of time.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024