Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Done BBC2 21:46 - Feb 15 with 1769 viewspwrightsknees

For showing a repeat of the highlights of U's v Leeds United this morning. Ah memories!
Well Done BBC2 on 23:15 - Feb 15 with 1753 viewsgerry_us

What time did it go out PWK. I'd like to find it on IPlayer.One of only two matches I ever attended with my wife who was 6months pregnant at the time. Oh the memories of rushing back home to watch the highlights with David Coleman...just in case we had dreamed it all!
Well Done BBC2 on 23:40 - Feb 15 with 1751 viewspwrightsknees

Well Done BBC2 on 23:15 - Feb 15 by gerry_us

What time did it go out PWK. I'd like to find it on IPlayer.One of only two matches I ever attended with my wife who was 6months pregnant at the time. Oh the memories of rushing back home to watch the highlights with David Coleman...just in case we had dreamed it all!

Hello Gerry.

The programme was broadcast at 10.20am this morning (60 minutes). First it showed highlights of the 1991 Liverpool v Everton first replay. The second half of the programme was devoted to U's v Leeds, and finishes with an interview with Dick Graham and Ray Crawford. Enjoy!!!
Well Done BBC2 on 00:24 - Feb 16 with 1749 viewsnoah4x4

Just watched it on I-player for the first time ever.

As a child of the 1950's I loved it. But some of the challenges would be severely punished today and fans would moan at the hoofball, notwithstanding it was a U's win. Demonstrates that football forty years ago is incomparable with today. It's no longer a "mans game".
Well Done BBC2 on 02:10 - Feb 16 with 1740 viewswessex_exile

Brilliant stuff, seen it before many times obviously, but just watched again, so thanks for the heads-up PWK! Still the greatest FA Cup upset of all time (sorry Bradford City, suck it up), but every time I watch the highlights I find myself vexed by the obvious glee David Coleman exudes when Leeds score or nearly score - errrmmm...remarkable!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Well Done BBC2 on 18:02 - Feb 16 with 1710 viewsbwildered

Not seen it for ages, so gave it a view.
Must have been a special day has we had a brass band , who where they ?
Always remember how dirty the ball was, and the crowd blowing for the final whistle with ten minutes still to go, has the U's were complete out for the count having run themselves into the ground previously.
Have said before, it was the first time I had reconised the opposition, ( especially Big Jack ) when they ran out before kick off ( no pre warm ups then ) and those red socks .
Wow what a day that was, was so proud of my team, how on earth my parents put up with me when I got home !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Well Done BBC2 on 21:26 - Feb 16 with 1695 viewsBFG

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b053751d/the-fa-cup-201415-rewind-fifthroun
Well Done BBC2 on 10:18 - Feb 17 with 1677 viewsLeadbelly

Luckily I missed it!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Well Done BBC2 on 11:03 - Feb 17 with 1673 viewsnoah4x4

Heard they are going to show it on the big screen at half time tonight just for you.....
Login to get fewer ads

Well Done BBC2 on 12:29 - Feb 17 with 1665 viewsLeadbelly

Burger and a smoke outside then

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Well Done BBC2 on 13:35 - Feb 17 with 1660 viewsburnsieespana

Well Done BBC2 on 12:29 - Feb 17 by Leadbelly

Burger and a smoke outside then

It was good to see again and remember the day. Guess most of us wanted to see the highlights in the evening!
Did show how much the game has changed and indeed so did the Liverpool/Everton game shown prior. My thought was football is no longer a man's game!
Loved the interview with Dick and Ray after the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024