Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Humes 10:33 - Mar 17 with 2035 viewsColukev

Strangely quiet from Tony Humes since Saturday. Notice Richard Hall did the post match interview.

Think I prefer it this way rather than listening to the same old drivelling boll***s, which we have all become accustomed to disbelieving.

Does anyone else think he will resign at the end of the season? Here's hoping.
Tony Humes on 11:14 - Mar 17 with 2024 viewsdurham_exile

Kev - Relegation will automatically bring his demise.

The problem then is - who takes over next?

If however he can achieve six wins from 10 matches then he will be Canonised and will receive the Freedom of the Borough of Colchester.

Even my optimism is wearing thin. Tonight is win or bust. No argument, it is all over if we fail to win this evening. Simple as.

Keep the faith.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Tony Humes on 11:45 - Mar 17 with 2016 viewsColukev

Understood.

I'm not under any illusion that we will struggle to attract a half decent manager. However, I would rather see us attempt to bring in someone fresh with new ideas, as Humes has been no different to Joe Dunne. I suspect Richard Hall or Wayne Brown would continue to follow suit.

Something somewhere is going wrong as our current squad should be good enough.

Lets freshen up the backroom staff completely, withsome one who at least has some experience with first team management.
Tony Humes on 12:52 - Mar 17 with 2003 viewsLeadbelly

I'm not convinced Humes will resign if/when we are relegated. He seems to have the complete backing of the chairman whose long term plans he is carrying out.

The real question is how much licence does any Col U manager now have to set up the first team to play as he wants? Playing the same formation from the Embryo XI through to first team has been commonplace in Dutch football for many years and works for them. I have no problem with following that model so long as the formation chosen actually works. I don't think our chosen system works for us and have to wonder who chose it in the first place.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Tony Humes on 15:48 - Mar 17 with 1982 viewsbwildered

Whoever is first team manager, will have to slot into the ethos which he will inherit regards the academy system, fact .
The chairman will have it no other way, lessons learnt from previous experience .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Tony Humes on 16:04 - Mar 17 with 1979 viewsBarsidepete

Tony Humes on 15:48 - Mar 17 by bwildered

Whoever is first team manager, will have to slot into the ethos which he will inherit regards the academy system, fact .
The chairman will have it no other way, lessons learnt from previous experience .

There is this bloke at Braintree that has helped them when they shouldn't even be in the Conference.

hmm forget his name;) .. That would be my choice as chairman. A gaffer with ambition not merely paycheck.

Oh right, Alan Devonshire. Get him in. We will not be sorry for that turn.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Tony Humes on 16:07 - Mar 17 with 1976 viewspwrightsknees

Tony Humes on 12:52 - Mar 17 by Leadbelly

I'm not convinced Humes will resign if/when we are relegated. He seems to have the complete backing of the chairman whose long term plans he is carrying out.

The real question is how much licence does any Col U manager now have to set up the first team to play as he wants? Playing the same formation from the Embryo XI through to first team has been commonplace in Dutch football for many years and works for them. I have no problem with following that model so long as the formation chosen actually works. I don't think our chosen system works for us and have to wonder who chose it in the first place.

It can't work for all Dutch clubs, LB. Someone will still finish bottom of their leagues, too.
Tony Humes on 16:35 - Mar 17 with 1970 viewsBarsidepete

Tony Humes on 16:07 - Mar 17 by pwrightsknees

It can't work for all Dutch clubs, LB. Someone will still finish bottom of their leagues, too.

There is not one club in the Champions League, whatever that's worth.

Tony Humes on 13:17 - Mar 18 with 1908 viewsLeadbelly

Tony Humes on 16:07 - Mar 17 by pwrightsknees

If Col U intend the academy to produce players who will play for our first team , be sold and keep the club in existence then the Dutch model works. I never thought world domination was the aim.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

Tony Humes on 18:41 - Apr 18 with 1802 viewsthrillseeker

HUMES OUT
Tony Humes on 19:05 - Apr 18 with 1791 viewsBarsidepete

Tony Humes on 18:41 - Apr 18 by thrillseeker

HUMES OUT

Our keeper and TH was not responsible for a ridiculous late equalizer. This one had to do with sad fate. Not truly on Walker or Humes. The game plan was overall ok. Eastman and Porter did their job with determination to make it 2-1.

But yes, I still believe we need a fresh start, whatever division. Perhaps a matter of motivation for a full 90. Um, and 90-plus.

Tony Humes on 20:08 - Apr 18 with 1753 viewsthrillseeker

Tony Humes on 19:05 - Apr 18 by Barsidepete

Our keeper and TH was not responsible for a ridiculous late equalizer. This one had to do with sad fate. Not truly on Walker or Humes. The game plan was overall ok. Eastman and Porter did their job with determination to make it 2-1.

But yes, I still believe we need a fresh start, whatever division. Perhaps a matter of motivation for a full 90. Um, and 90-plus.

Sorry Pete but having watched the stubbornness of Humes to only play one upfront at home for the upteenth time my patience with him has finally ended.

F**KING clueless - I' m sorry to have to use such language on this board but he has destroyed me today
Tony Humes on 20:26 - Apr 18 with 1747 viewsBarsidepete

Tony Humes on 20:08 - Apr 18 by thrillseeker

Sorry Pete but having watched the stubbornness of Humes to only play one upfront at home for the upteenth time my patience with him has finally ended.

F**KING clueless - I' m sorry to have to use such language on this board but he has destroyed me today

Guess you me and Daniel will have some interesting talking points at Brickies this autumn. And hopefully, Seve, Gary, Carruthers, Mick? .. I understand your frustration mate. I've spoken about a gaffer change too. But illogical with 3 left to change. TH was not qualified. He gets us relegated, I'm certain he'll never be hired again for such a vital job.

Tony Humes on 20:31 - Apr 18 with 1742 viewsthrillseeker

Tony Humes on 20:26 - Apr 18 by Barsidepete

Guess you me and Daniel will have some interesting talking points at Brickies this autumn. And hopefully, Seve, Gary, Carruthers, Mick? .. I understand your frustration mate. I've spoken about a gaffer change too. But illogical with 3 left to change. TH was not qualified. He gets us relegated, I'm certain he'll never be hired again for such a vital job.

He won't be sacked Pete as Cowling is just as stubborn.

I can only hope he has the decency to resign.

The funny thing is I don't want him to leave club but return to the Youth set up where he has performed very well
Tony Humes on 20:38 - Apr 18 with 1737 viewsBarsidepete

Tony Humes on 20:31 - Apr 18 by thrillseeker

He won't be sacked Pete as Cowling is just as stubborn.

I can only hope he has the decency to resign.

The funny thing is I don't want him to leave club but return to the Youth set up where he has performed very well

He did develop that well, didn't he? Highly rated now. Like a broken record, Mr Cowling has nothing to gain with a drop down. We just have to suck it up and see how it ends. And yar, I know Mr Cowling and Matt Hudson. We are all gutted. A point next week, minimum, otherwise it's desperate days with Swindon and PNE as two Must Wins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024