Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester 11:29 - Mar 29 with 1227 viewsRobbie_Earles_Perm

Hi,

I'm the pre-match reporter for the Port Vale Fans Forum One Vale Fan.

Part of my role is to contact fans of our forthcoming opponents to ask them a few questions and gain their views on the upcoming fixture between our sides in order to produce a report which we release on the site a couple of days prior to the game.

I wondered if up to three of you have a few minutes and would be prepared to share a few views if you would kindly offer your feelings on the game by answering the following few questions;
1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan?
2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season)?
3. Where you think you will finish in terms of league position?
4. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)?
5. What are your thoughts on your manager?
6. What are your thoughts on your board & off field club activities?
7. Any views on the current Port Vale team & specific players?
8. Did you attend the reverse fixture earlier this season? If so what were your thoughts on the game?
9. Any views & memories of players / managers that have been involved with both teams?
10. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)?

Please also feel free to include any other information you feel worthy and I will knock it into a report as per the example below regarding contribution from Plymouth fans from our game with them;
http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/site/opposing-views-plymouth/

To enable me to produce this in good time I need a reply by Wednesday and the report should appear on the website a day or two before our fixture.

Please also let me know if you would like me to include your name on the article.

Many thanks for your potential support in this matter.

Best Regards,

REP
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 15:07 - Mar 29 with 1206 viewsnoah4x4

Noah4x4 (it used to be 2x2 but that's inflation); long time supporter. My wife buys me my season ticket, so if we do get relegated and WHCS admission prices drop it will devalue my birthday present. Yet she will still have me out of her hair upon Saturdays Some things in life are so unfair!

2. How are your team doing (current form and in relation to the expectation of fans at the start of the season)?

Relegation battle, can't string two consecutive wins together. But it is what I expected given Financial Fair Play, but others with blue & white tinted specs' will inevitably expect far more.

I think we can escape. With eight games to go still plenty of points to play for. Notts County, Crewe, Scunny, Coventry are all still in our sights. I think Vale are the first side above us that are 'safe', so maybe will relax. Big bonus to us seeing Neil sent off and hence suspended against the O's.

Porter Massey and Murphy form a formidable strike force. Szmodics and Lapsie are like rottweilers in midfield. Our season's problem has been our defence, but that is now coming together.

I am not a member of the "Humes Out" brigade. Tony inherited a mess; then withing a couple of weeks he lost key defenders to long term injury. Financial Fair Play and our low gates meant that only youth and loan market signings have been available to him. Multiple defensive loan players have failed to meet expectation (Packwood, Kepkawa, Osborne, etc), but in the last few weeks there are indications that we might be turning things around, notably with the loan signing of South Africa Captain Khumalo on loan. However, another quality full back Briggs (on loan from Millwall) was unjustly second yellow carded last week and yet another Elliot Hewitt (loaned from Ipswich) has been recalled; so we now have yet another emergency loanee Brindley from Rotherham. Frankly, we have more loanees on the books than Wonga, but I don't see what else the manager can do. At least he is always trying things to improve the results, albeit that they are not always successful.

Robbie Cowling (sole owner) can't invest more money in the First XI (due to FFP) so has invested big bucks in the Youth Academy; which is exactly the right way forward; but will take a few years to pay dividends. In the meanwhile we may have to suffer some pain after a great run in the third tier (and briefly in the Championship). Off the pitch the Club is a great success; example; Elton John Concert; bi-weekly tribute bands and comedy nights. But unfortunately Colchester is a 'garrison' and 'commuter' town sandwiched between the big London clubs and Ipswich in the big expanse of 'East Anglia'. It has a modest local indigenous population enhanced by a huge presence of London overspill/commuters and/or military. Many of its residents therefore have established loyalties elsewhere (West Ham, Arsenal; Ipswich etc). We are grateful for the Chairman's investment, as our likely fan base will always be modest.

Saw Orient v Vale yesterday when U's game was called off. Why did the officials ignore so many Orient offsides? The game should have been halted long before both penalties (hence before the game changing sending off). Marshall impressed me, but I saw vulnerabilities in the Vale defence that I think we can exploit. Our away record is much better than at home. Has Pope gone AWOL? He didn't seem too interested.

8. Did you attend the reverse fixture earlier this season? If so what were your thoughts on the game?

Once again referee Trevor Kettle wanted to be the centre of attention (we hate him). The U's had 53% possession, 45% more shots; 50% more on target; yet lost due to poor officials; two defensive lapses and the brilliance of Marshall. He will be man marked out of the game at Vale Park by Szmodics or Lapslie. With Pope off colour, I think the U's can take a vital three points.

9. Any views & memories of players / managers that have been involved with both teams?

Unusually no. Our paths don't seem to have converged too much.

Vale 0 - 2 U's (Porter & Szmodics).
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 15:09]
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 08:59 - Apr 1 with 1145 viewsRobbie_Earles_Perm

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 15:07 - Mar 29 by noah4x4

Noah4x4 (it used to be 2x2 but that's inflation); long time supporter. My wife buys me my season ticket, so if we do get relegated and WHCS admission prices drop it will devalue my birthday present. Yet she will still have me out of her hair upon Saturdays Some things in life are so unfair!

Relegation battle, can't string two consecutive wins together. But it is what I expected given Financial Fair Play, but others with blue & white tinted specs' will inevitably expect far more.

I think we can escape. With eight games to go still plenty of points to play for. Notts County, Crewe, Scunny, Coventry are all still in our sights. I think Vale are the first side above us that are 'safe', so maybe will relax. Big bonus to us seeing Neil sent off and hence suspended against the O's.

Porter Massey and Murphy form a formidable strike force. Szmodics and Lapsie are like rottweilers in midfield. Our season's problem has been our defence, but that is now coming together.

I am not a member of the "Humes Out" brigade. Tony inherited a mess; then withing a couple of weeks he lost key defenders to long term injury. Financial Fair Play and our low gates meant that only youth and loan market signings have been available to him. Multiple defensive loan players have failed to meet expectation (Packwood, Kepkawa, Osborne, etc), but in the last few weeks there are indications that we might be turning things around, notably with the loan signing of South Africa Captain Khumalo on loan. However, another quality full back Briggs (on loan from Millwall) was unjustly second yellow carded last week and yet another Elliot Hewitt (loaned from Ipswich) has been recalled; so we now have yet another emergency loanee Brindley from Rotherham. Frankly, we have more loanees on the books than Wonga, but I don't see what else the manager can do. At least he is always trying things to improve the results, albeit that they are not always successful.

Robbie Cowling (sole owner) can't invest more money in the First XI (due to FFP) so has invested big bucks in the Youth Academy; which is exactly the right way forward; but will take a few years to pay dividends. In the meanwhile we may have to suffer some pain after a great run in the third tier (and briefly in the Championship). Off the pitch the Club is a great success; example; Elton John Concert; bi-weekly tribute bands and comedy nights. But unfortunately Colchester is a 'garrison' and 'commuter' town sandwiched between the big London clubs and Ipswich in the big expanse of 'East Anglia'. It has a modest local indigenous population enhanced by a huge presence of London overspill/commuters and/or military. Many of its residents therefore have established loyalties elsewhere (West Ham, Arsenal; Ipswich etc). We are grateful for the Chairman's investment, as our likely fan base will always be modest.

Saw Orient v Vale yesterday when U's game was called off. Why did the officials ignore so many Orient offsides? The game should have been halted long before both penalties (hence before the game changing sending off). Marshall impressed me, but I saw vulnerabilities in the Vale defence that I think we can exploit. Our away record is much better than at home. Has Pope gone AWOL? He didn't seem too interested.

Once again referee Trevor Kettle wanted to be the centre of attention (we hate him). The U's had 53% possession, 45% more shots; 50% more on target; yet lost due to poor officials; two defensive lapses and the brilliance of Marshall. He will be man marked out of the game at Vale Park by Szmodics or Lapslie. With Pope off colour, I think the U's can take a vital three points.

Unusually no. Our paths don't seem to have converged too much.

Vale 0 - 2 U's (Porter & Szmodics).
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 15:09]

Hi, thats a smashing thanks noah4x4.

I will create the article and it will be on our site tomorrow.

Good luck for the rest of the season after Friday of course!!
Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 17:17 - Apr 1 with 1120 viewsBarsidepete

Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Colchester on 08:59 - Apr 1 by Robbie_Earles_Perm

Hi, thats a smashing thanks noah4x4.

I will create the article and it will be on our site tomorrow.

Good luck for the rest of the season after Friday of course!!

Show back up, not a one-off. We enjoy opinions from other clubs. Ger in thar.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024